• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Wallpapers & Hi-Res Artwork ~Official Thread~

eXistor said:
I recently had 2 (awesome) Monkey Island posters printed. Resolution-wise they were both 4724x6301 and printed on 60x80 paper. I've already checked several shops and you can get all kinds of frames in that size.

I had it done at www.posterxxl.nl and was pleasantly surprised that it's actual thick poster paper instead of a glossy photocopy. You can just upload it on the site. If you bring it to a shop, I imagine a CD with the picture in jpeg format would do the trick.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Do you mind posting some pictures of your posters?

Where did you get your art, by the way? You wouldn't have any idea where I could find some MGS art at that resolution, would you?

eXistor

Silicon Knight said:
Awesome, thanks for the info. Do you mind posting some pictures of your posters?

Where did you get your art, by the way? You wouldn't have any idea where I could find some MGS art at that resolution, would you?
I don't have a camera ready but this is a picture of a dude's room that has the exact posters I have:

postersqv4.jpg

There was a thread about printing your own posters not too long ago that you might find interesting:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257264

But alas, I don't have a clue how to make it art in high resolutions.

Ryder said:
Anyone have some high-res Shinkawa MGS artwork? I'm looking for The Fury in particular. I tried a bit of googling, but got lazy :lol
Silicon Knight said:
I'm in some desperate need for some MGS super hi-res art, preferably MGS4.
kamorra said:
Yes please, I second that request.
Not The Fury nor entirely MGS 4, but maybe this'll do for the moment:

Also some from Metal Gear AC!D:

And one from the MGS Graphic Novel. Wish I could find more of these though:

Measurements:
● 1667 x 2604
● 3624 x 5098
● 3541 x 5016
● 3541 x 5016
● 1674 x 2104
● 3780 x 3508
● 5525 x 3784
● 8000 x 4692
● 2740 x 3850
● 2700 x 3700
● 4000 x 4300
● 3500 x 3577
● 3600 x 3500
● 2063 x 3131

jvalioli

MicVlaD said:
Not The Fury nor entirely MGS 4, but maybe this'll do for the moment:
[/url]

And one from the MGS Graphic Novel. Wish I could find more of these though:

Er, I have another MGS graphic novel picture but la.gg keeps timing out on me. I'll try again later.

If anyone has high res of the MGS wallpaper posted on the first page, I'd appreciate it if you uploaded it.

eXistor said:
I recently had 2 (awesome) Monkey Island posters printed. Resolution-wise they were both 4724x6301 and printed on 60x80 paper. I've already checked several shops and you can get all kinds of frames in that size.

I had it done at www.posterxxl.nl and was pleasantly surprised that it's actual thick poster paper instead of a glossy photocopy. You can just upload it on the site. If you bring it to a shop, I imagine a CD with the picture in jpeg format would do the trick.
Any idea if they send posters to Belgium too? Been looking for a good, neighboring place to print some images for a while now.

jvalioli said:
Er, I have another MGS graphic novel picture but la.gg keeps timing out on me. I'll try again later.

If anyone has high res of the MGS wallpaper posted on the first page, I'd appreciate it if you uploaded it.
Could you make a list of how much art you have, by the way? I'd appreciate that.

Also: try Gigasize or File Dropper. They don't have any thumbnails, but do allow files up to 300 MB and 5 GB respectively.

Here're some wallpapers I did way back in the day. They're all 1024 x 768, because that was my desktop size at the time.

I'd say the SM64DS and Kingdom Hearts (Can you find Mickey?) ones are my favorites.

eXistor said:
I don't have a camera ready but this is a picture of a dude's room that has the exact posters I have:
Loos terrific! I found a hi-res image of the Japanese MGS4 cover and I'll be using that for a print. I looked at the site you recomended and when I uplaoded the picture, the screen said that the quality was 'very good'. This does mean that the poster will be flawless, no? Just checking, after seeing the high price for a single print.

Did you already frame your posters? What frames did you use (the size of your prints is 80x60?) and where did you get them?

GhostSeed

Mega Man ZX
(All of the backgrounds are white despite what their thumbnail color is.)

(#1) 1000x1017 - (#2) 1000x810 - (#3) 1000x763

(#4) 1000x939 - (#5) 1000x1768 - (#6) 1000x1131

(#7) 1000x1018 - (#8) 1000x1504 - (#9) 1000x874

(#10) 1000x2166 - (#11) 1000x2070

kurahadol

Silicon Knight said:
I would love it! Do you have it in some insanely high resolution?

I also want it if it's a high resolution as well, going to be printing out some posters and that would be epic.

Unfortunately I had to work with the original resolution of the art, so it's only 1083x1382.

I'm not sure what kind of size that would be printable?

eXistor

MicVlaD said:
Any idea if they send posters to Belgium too? Been looking for a good, neighboring place to print some images for a while now.
Probably, it's a German company so I think they do.

@Silicon Knight: The site said "very good" about my prints too and yes, those are flawless, so I'd say you'r e good to go. I haven't framed my prints yet, I'm looking for just the right kind of frames. You can get some fairly nice ones at Vroom & Dreesmann or Expo (and not too expensive, about €20-30). I'm thinking dark wooden frames where you can see the woody vains in them. I think that'll suit the posters nicely.

Sibylus

Banned
Does anyone have a wallpaper sized version of the HL2: Episode 2 cover image (The one with Gordon and Alyx at the edges, looking inward to Hunters)? Damn, is that image perfect.

Azar

Ever since that Retro gaming posters thread I've been storing up some of my favorite art and waiting to print out some posters and smaller pictures to frame.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what website to go to for cheap and reliable printing.

GhostSeed said:
Mega Man ZX
(All of the backgrounds are white despite their thumbnails color is.)

*snip*
Here are two more Mega Man ZX artworks:

Measurements:
● 4134 x 5188
● 3445 x 3740

And why did you empty the OP, among other posts?

eXistor said:
@Silicon Knight: The site said "very good" about my prints too and yes, those are flawless, so I'd say you'r e good to go. I haven't framed my prints yet, I'm looking for just the right kind of frames. You can get some fairly nice ones at Vroom & Dreesmann or Expo (and not too expensive, about €20-30). I'm thinking dark wooden frames where you can see the woody vains in them. I think that'll suit the posters nicely.
I probably have to get the frame custom made, because my poster is 56,6x80cm and I don't think there are any frames available in that size. It will cost some serious dough, but I guess art is worth it. :D

CAVE343

Opus Angelorum said:
Anyone interested in this? I've not quite finished it yet but let me know:

mgs4_poster.jpg

Wow that looks great, nice work!

Silicon Knight said:
No problem, give me a minute.

Edit: This is the original post where I got the image from. Enjoy!

28chr92.jpg

Thanks for the link, gonna print it out :)

Is there someone out there that has the Crisis Core FFVII art from the box in super high res?

Seiken said:
Oh shiiiiiiiiiiit! I'm printing these definitely, I've done lots of posters these days. Can't get enough of 'em.

Can't wait to print more! Please keep Street Fighter coming!
You need to tell me what you do, man! I'm dying to have some video game posters (framed) in my room! I can already imagine Devil Summoner's box art on my wall...*googly eyes*

Orobi said:
A 300DPI poster that I made for you! :D
Which reminds me... I found some hi-res Devil May Cry 4 art as well:

Measurements:
● 3685 x 4961
● 3827 x 4819
● 4134 x 5000
● 2510 x 3138
● 4560 x 5760
● 4714 x 5760
● 1600 x 1000
● 2968 x 1701
● 1984 x 1122

And that's enough art from me for today. A few hi-res Castlevania artworks will have to wait until tomorrow...

GhostSeed said:
EDIT: Made the OP more official looking and added a FAQ.
Any suggestions or additions I should add to it?
Maybe a summary of what's already in this thread, one that links to specific posts instead of trying to copy paste everything into the OP?

For instance:
Code:
[B]Metal Gear Solid:[/B]
MGS part 1 - MGS part 2 - MGS 2 - MGS 3 - MGS 4 part 1 - MGS 4 part 2

[B]Mega Man:[/B]
Still a lot of work though if you're going to use something like this.

BSherrod

I have been looking for High Res Call of Duty 4 art, especially one with the picture of Capt. Price on the chopper smoking a Cigar before the first mission. Thanks man, keep up the good work everyone.

Flock

MicVlaD said:
Uh... I can get you a 7310 x 10059 version of your avatar, without the logo's. No joke. :lol

oh god yes please bring it to meee! WHere would you obtain such a thing?

fernoca

Don't know if this were posted already...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

And remember..Thumbnails and/or links, not the full wallpaper in the thread..

Dali

Capcom-------------------------------------
1083x1200

900x1200

1159x1200

1149x1600

936x1200

994x1199

800x1027

Magna Carta-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1000x1345

877x1200

857x1200

700x1111

700x1024

700x1000

700x991

800x1062

WoG-------------------------------------------
900x1196

Shinobi 2--------------------------------------

FF-----------------------------------------------

I've got a lot more War of Genesis and Magna Carta art if anyone is interested. I used to have all the fookin' huge MvC pics, then but I deleted them and don't have the link anymore. I've also got a few more Capcom posters and a lot of character pics, but they aren't really huge so I didn't post them.

GhostSeed

I've indexed every link and image throught post #145 in the OP now with the execption of one of my own posts with a bunch of links in it. (I'll do that tomorrow.)

And Dali, are these the correct games for the Capcom images?
(Top to Bottom)

Street Fighter 3 Double Impact
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 3 Double Impact
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike
Double or 3rd?
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike

I know the rest.

---

Also what games are these two wallpapers from?

http://img128.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=08414_tf03full_122_888lo.jpg

http://img102.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=09243_portal_122_1005lo.jpg

Top Bottom