• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita 2000 & Borderlands 2 bundle releasing May 6th / BL2 Vita stand-alone May 13th

Drago

It honestly looks pretty good to me, and it'll look even better on an actual Vita I'm sure. I can deal with a low fps as long as it stays stable, which it seems to.

I would buy the slim bundle but I don't want a black slim and 8gb card, so I'm just importing a white one and a 64gb memory card within the week, hopefully. Maybe I'll get BL2 on its own whenever there's a good sale on it. Would be nice if it was cross buy with the digital PS3 version since I already have that :p

EL CUCO

Looking at the WebMs on my phone, it looks ok. Reading that the framerate is pretty stable around 28-33 is pretty much what I was expecting. The ability to map the buttons is a nice feature.

If there's no deal breaking input lag, I think I might just grab this puppy. It'd be pretty sweet to play BL2 on the train heading to work.

Phii

Banned
Wow, I'm impressed by its look. I thought it would look horrible. Hope the frame rate will hold up.

Pricken

I don't know what you guys were expecting, I think it looks amazing! A lot better than I feared that it would. If it can really hold a somewhat stable frame-rate then I'm set! Played this game on the PS3 with my brother and the frame-rate while playing Co-op was fairly irregular. That said I'm gonna have to play it again as soon as this is out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Looks like an atari 2600 game will not buy.

kekekekekekeke

hehehehehe_duck.gif

vita bros need to dled those screens and view them natively in the vita photoviewer

game looks surprisingly okay and i personally would never have played this on a console anyway

*posted from vita*

Jacobi

Banned
What the heck are people talking about in here? This looks great in the video and it seems to have native res.
I'd rather play this than some ego-shooter on my phone or 3DS.

Hollycat

Looks pretty good to me. I'm not double dipping, but when it hits $15 I'll buy it.

Also:

Corsi noted that the game runs stably at 30 frames-per-second, though it can drop down to about 28 frames and go up to about 33.

That's pretty great.

Plasma

Banned
Worst part is the texture size on the gun models it really stands out because the guns take up most of the screen.

VanWinkle

vita bros need to dled those screens and view them natively in the vita photoviewer

game looks surprisingly okay and i personally would never have played this on a console anyway

*posted from vita*

I did just that. Looks great.

Worst part is the texture size on the gun models it really stands out because the guns take up most of the screen.

I guess. I'm used to it with Killzone Mercenary though.

I wanted a Vita-2000 but I'll wait till they release some cool colours over here. Dat brown Vita....
For now I'm happy with my OG Vita.

Looks pretty good to me. I'm not double dipping, but when it hits $15 I'll buy it.

Also:

Corsi noted that the game runs stably at 30 frames-per-second, though it can drop down to about 28 frames and go up to about 33.

That's pretty great.

I think so too. If it can stay around 30fps, I'll probably buy it.

The shot we got of the vehicle looked pretty bland as did the shoot with the guy by the mailbox and claptrap. Other than those shots it looks pretty solid given that it's a portable game.

Raonak

Banned
looks and plays better than I expected. but my expectations were nonexistant.
Will probably get, never really got into the other borderland games.

I just hope it's native res.

Grisby

I might give it a shot when the price drops or if there is a demo. Probably looks better running on the vita screen.

But he wanted to be clear that this is a PlayStation 3 port, and not a port of the slickest version of them all: the PC release.
ZEJSW.gif

Got Borderlands 2 (ps3) for free with PS+.... It's horrible with framerate drops and screen-tearing and they are porting this version ._.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Og vita gonna get discontinued?

Already has been, it's impossible for me to find any in any of my local retailers. Even Gamestop has been out of them... Pretty shitty to cancel production of the old model before the new models are in stores imo.

This. Outside of over paying on Amazon or going the used route good luck for the general public easily finding the OLED model. They've slowly disappeared since Xmas.

bebop242

I think it looks ok for what is is. Still, they are pushing a game thats over a year old with no new content whatsoever. When they state that enemy counts are lowered but the money and experience you need to collect are the same as the console version, made me question their effort into this port.

Ohnonono

This with a few little tweaks I am sure they will make looks good enough for me. I expected much worse, and not because I don't think IG are talented. It was a rough job.

co1onel

Yeah that looks...really ugly. I wonder what resolution that is because it looks reealllly low. Even accounting for me looking at the video on a player on my computer instead of a vita sized screen.

Its definitely native res, and those jaggies you see in the screenshots will mostly be unnoticeable when played on the vita's screen.

Even if the frame-rate is good, I will wait until its on sale to buy.

Looks fine in stills but that framerate is less than awesome. Not surprised, though. Always seemed like an odd-ass title to bring to Vita.

Timurse

Banned
Guys, calm down. All the Unreal Engine games are supershitty on PS Vita. Remember Mortal Combat? There's not really much going on the screen in a fighting game and still they nerfed the crap out of it :( Look at KZ:M, Uncharted GA, Wipeout, even Unit 13 - these games look 100x times better than this crappy port.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I think it looks really good for being a Vita downport, native res and an alright frame rate. May buy when it's really cheap since I already beat this a while ago.

Guys, calm down. All the Unreal Engine games are supershitty on PS Vita. Remember Mortal Combat? There's not really much going on the screen in a fighting game and still they nerfed the crap out of it :( Look at KZ:M, Uncharted GA, Wipeout, even Unit 13 - these games look 100x times better than this crappy port.

Injustice doesn't look bad, though, so maybe it's not entirely unreal's fault. Some games are just easier to port than others.

Top Bottom