• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

If you wanna who voices Ken, in Japanese it's Megumi Ogata, the same person who voiced....

Shinji Ikari(Neon Genesis Evangelion).

Ok that makes absolute sense. Im not surprised why I hate him. lol

About the english voices, I watched Digimon in spanish, but yeah actually Izzy's spanish voice would have also worked well with Ken, although in digimon he was a bit more happy go lucky.

They did.

It just says "You spent a long time talking with Ken"

That's one piece of censorship I am grateful for.

One more Aigis piece.

Isn't this with every lover's social link in P3 and P4? Doesn't that still means what it really means?
It's different in japanese? do they actually say something about sex?

Setsu00

If you wanna who voices Ken, in Japanese it's Megumi Ogata, the same person who voiced....

Shinji Ikari(Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)

Megumi Ogata is a brilliant voice actress and her performance in Evangelion 3.33 was outstanding. She's actually one of the reasons why I think Ken should be in P4U2.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Isn't this with every lover's social link in P3 and P4? Doesn't that still means what it really means?
It's different in japanese? do they actually say something about sex?

Everyone else's is "spent a long time with" with the exception of Ken's which states Talking. I do believe in Japanese it does go the shotacon route.

As Chief Executive Administrator for the Ken Defense Force, it's my obligation to remind PersonaGAF that Ken's actions and thoughts in the game are meant to be controversial, because he, like many characters in the series, are meant to be flawed characters, which is what makes them interesting.

Although there should have been MUCH more development of his character both before and after
the death of Shinjiro
his ultimate persona scene was touching, and it gave insights as to why he did the things he did, spun in a flawed, yet sympathetic light.

I said it before and I'll say it again; Ken has the same problem Fuuka does. They both have a character arc but they just forgot to actually show it. They feel unfinished.

I said it before and I'll say it again; Ken has the same problem Fuuka does. They both have a character arc but they just forgot to actually show it. They feel unfinished.

They actually forget an entire character exists to perfectly service that fuuka development and only remember about her to put her on a bus to exit the game entirely.

P3_Natsuki_Render.png

PK Gaming

Fuuka would have been a 100% better if her backstory was actually fleshed out / we were given more insight into her motivations. Oh, and it would help if her character development literally didn't amount to this.

Oh well, at she's cute (lol)

Too bad she's flat as cardboard. Ken is complicated, which makes him interesting.

Fun Fact: Izzy was my favorite Digimon character.

Yes, he is interesting. I don't like him, but he definitely is interesting. If he weren't, he wouldn't be so hated.

They actually forget an entire character exists to perfectly service that fuuka development and only remember about her to put her on a bus to exit the game entirely.

P3_Natsuki_Render.png

I didn't even remembered her name until I saw the image link.

Worse than dead, forgotten.

Sophia

Too bad she's flat as cardboard. Ken is complicated, which makes him interesting.

Fun Fact: Izzy was my favorite Digimon character.

Complicated doesn't mean better or interesting. I'd rather befriend the nice girl then the boy who's trying too hard to be an adult. :p

Yeah her name is Natsuki Moriyama,
but I jokingly call her New Jersey Girl, since she sounds she's from New Joisey in English.

She has the same voice actress as Aigis. :D

Complicated doesn't mean better or interesting. I'd rather befriend the nice girl then the boy who's trying too hard to be an adult. :p

Complicated means they put more thought into him, and in my book that means better and more interesting.

Just because you like a character doesn't mean that you'd want to meet him or her in real life. Example: I like Sinestro, I think he is an exceptional character, with a lot of development, and realistic challenges. Would I want to meet Sinestro in real life or be his friend? Hell no, he's a slightly genocidal megalomaniac.Same (to an extent) goes for Ken. He's meant to be a messed up kid with an effed up childhood who learns about compassion, after he's done something terrible. Did the execution leave something to be desired? Yes. But I get what they are going for, and I like it.

Also: I think a lot of people can relate to the desire to be seen as something more than "just a kid" when they were growing up. I know I do.

Sophia

The Mass Destruction remix is okay. It's not as good as the band version, but it's still a pretty solid remix.

I agree with the assessment that it sounds like his DOA5 stuff. I was immediately reminded of False Fate.

kewlmyc

Speaking of Persona 3, I thought I'd try out a Persona 3 Shadow for a change of pace.
tumblr_n3xqewTSUM1tt73w0o1_1280.png

Shadow Yukari.

Go here for the explanation.
Good shit, mate.

Apparently there's a full version of Lotus Juice's "Fate is in our hands" (from Persona 3 second movie)Midsummer Knight Dream) available on Youtube?

Not sure if it was posted
Eh, pretty good. There's been so many so many P3 remixes that the Deep Breath and Mass Destruction remixes don't stand out so much for me. Nice new lyrics though.

Thanks for the comments again guys. Starting out with Persona 3 characters I had some really keen ideas for some of the characters but I really wanted to start it out with the party members in the order you get them, and I drew a blank on Yukari for the longest time.

As Chief Executive Administrator for the Ken Defense Force, it's my obligation to remind PersonaGAF that Ken's actions and thoughts in the game are meant to be controversial, because he, like many characters in the series, are meant to be flawed characters, which is what makes them interesting.

Although there should have been MUCH more development of his character both before and after
the death of Shinjiro
his ultimate persona scene was touching, and it gave insights as to why he did the things he did, spun in a flawed, yet sympathetic light.

I know what you are trying to say, but at the end of the day he is not likable, and you are trying to do a team of friends here, and you, the player, are the main character. Every time he said something and wanted to sound as an adult I wanted to punch him in the face, he is as unlikable as it comes. And I never sympathetized with him, not even when his arc ends. Fuuka is a shit character, but for other motives.

I like villains that I would never want to met in my real life, but he is a whiny kid that wants to be an adult and I need to befriend, that's why I hate him, becuase in my eyes he never stops being like that. Was he a normal NPC in any other game, I would have never talked to him. Shinjiro for example is not actually a friendly person (even if he is caring inside), so it's someone I would maybe not befriend in real life, but he is MUCH more likable as a character than Ken.

Of course my opinion, you seem to see something in Ken's arc that makes him interesting for you, sadly thats not my case.

Speaking of Persona 3, I thought I'd try out a Persona 3 Shadow for a change of pace.
tumblr_n3xqewTSUM1tt73w0o1_1280.png

Shadow Yukari.

Go here for the explanation.

WOW That's really cool!

Meia

P3 really did a shit job of explaining some characters. I mean, given Fuuka's personality, it makes sense that she'd keep her own problems to herself, but it would have been nice for the story to drag them out in the open, same with Ken. I mean, she's one of the few on the cast that have both parents, and yet they don't contact the police even if she's been missing for TEN DAYS(it's said in game that they actually went with the idea Ekoda had of not contacting them for whatever reason).

And then she tries really hard to befriend someone who bullied her. There's a lot of elements there for an interesting character arc, but Persona 3 is all like "Nah......" Persona 4 would eat that shit up. :p

Dat shadow Yukari is pretty damn good. At what point in the story are you aiming for these P3 character shadows btw? A character even in September in that game is very different than one in December, for example(though of course in Yukari's case it'd be the following April).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah her name is Natsuki Moriyama,
but I jokingly call her New Jersey Girl, since she sounds she's from New Joisey in English.

She sounds like Nanako if she were 5 years older. It also happens to be Karen Straussman.

Dat shadow Yukari is pretty damn good. At what point in the story are you aiming for these P3 character shadows btw? A character even in September in that game is very different than one in December, for example(though of course in Yukari's case it'd be the following April).
Anywhere they'd be the most interesting, really.

FluxWaveZ

Won't post more of my obsessive observations concerning the P4U2 tease after this, but here are some notes I made:

- I guess I hadn't realized how much documented character height in Arena was carefully considered. The pixels in-game match up proportionally to the characters' written heights, like Yosuke being 175cm tall or Yu being 180cm tall. Modifiers such as Mitsuru's high heels, Naoto's platform shoes and Junpei's baseball stance are also accurately depicted by how it affects their real heights. The only thing is that, from the calculations I made, the P3 cast haven't actually grown taller between P3 and P4A (except for maybe Yukari) as depicted by their sprites (minor detail, but still).

Example:
By capturing Niconico video screenshots in order to determine the dimensions of P4U2 characters in relation to the aspect ratio and then scaling those shots to 1200 x 675, I was then able to deduce, by comparing original P4A sprite sizes, that I could scale those P4A ripped sprite images down by about 84.6354% so that 1 cm was approximately equal to 1.937143 pixel, which proved to turn out pretty much right. For Yu above: 180cm*1.937143 = 348.69 px. For Yukiko: 164cm*1.937143 = 317.69 px.

- The stage in the P4U2 tease is most probably the P4A version of the Stairs stage. I tried comparing it to a bunch of 100 x 100 px Gaussian blurred images of stages and the only one that fit was this one for the Stairs stage.

- The match in the tease is just starting. It's obvious by looking at the health bars for both characters when it starts, which are the standard teal blue for when a character has 100% health. About 1-2 seconds in, player 2's health bar turns green, which indicates that a character has taken damage. (Example)

- Considering the previous points, both insanely blurred silhouettes of the characters on both sides of the stage should still be accurate to the dimensions of their position 00 sprites, which means looking at the color patterns of both characters properly would give me a good idea of who they are, among other things. So, of course, I did that.

I had thought that the character on the left was Junpei before due to their movements which were awfully reminiscent from how much P4U2 footage I've watched. Comparing footage of the same aspect ratio with the whole pixel conversion I had done before in addition to cutting the bottom of the preview picture to the area the characters stand on in order to ignore those golden P4U2 promotional words, I determined that height for the character on the left (292px) is indeed that of Junpei's (291px):

- Which, I guess finally, brings me to the character on the right. From what I can tell, this is an approximate image of their height:

Image height is 274px (width is 110px). This isn't close to any other character's sprite 00 height in P4A except for Teddie with 268px (even Naoto's is 309px thanks to her platform shoes). And, given how some of the background image is perceptible around the character in question, I find it hard to think it's Teddie, who has a pixel width of 232.

Dividing 274 pixels by 1.937143 results in a height of 141.44cm. Ken's height is 140cm.

tl;dr: I'm crazy.

Top Bottom