• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Got the GMG email about their 25% coupon (9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE)

"Yes, today you can get an amazing 25% discount on loads of new games, including Wildstar and Wildstar Deluxe, Tropico 5, Dark Souls II, Bound by Flame, Murdered: Souls Suspects, War of the Vikings games, Warlock 2 games and Starbound."

Grief.exe

BF3's is the same. 4 threw in Dima to "connect" 3's story to 4, but it was just as bad of a storyline as 4's.

The one good thing I can say about 4's is that at least it has some "sandbox" elements that are training wheels in a fashion for the multiplayer. If they actually went full on sandbox with a smaller focus kinda like Bad Company 1 (which kinda failed since it was WAY too open at times) it would be fine.

Just go full on Crysis with it.

Design a massive map and give us various military tools spread throughout. The beginning is an air drop into a fortress assault, your team gradually gets killed off, and you are left to your own devices.
Planes, tanks, helicopters, ATVs, and tons of weapons are littered throughout the island as you proceed through the campaign to find and kill the evil dictator threatening to start WWIII.

Split the island into 5 or 6 multiplayer maps if you are worried about the cost of content generation.

We have enough linear modern-military shooters, BF3 and 4's campaign isn't even considered good on that ground. Go a new direction with it.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Answer carefully MikeDip...

Not yet, but they are on my list!

(I have also never seen or read Harry Potter and Star wars! But one day... One day)
I do own all the books and movies of all this stuff.

Javier23

Banned
Not yet, but they are on my list!

(I have also never seen or read Harry Potter and Star wars! But one day... One day)
I do own all the books and movies of all this stuff.
And let me guess: you haven't watched The Matrix either ;D Where did you spend the 2000s?!

Zafir

I managed to get 2 copies of Warlock 2 Great Mage Edition when I was getting a copy for a friend yesterday, so here's a giveaway of the spare for anyone who missed it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warlock 2 -- MB-8C6E52A11A1490E7 - Taken by Man Puncher. 42 entrants total.

t1399048332z1.png

Didn't seem to like me doing "Warlock 2 - Great Mage Edition - Key Here" so just let me know if you win and key comes out funny

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Blah, Lain I am so sorry! I had checked to see if I owned that game but I forgot I wasn't logged in. Apparently I did already own it :(

I see that there were two entrants for that game, any way to see who that other person was? I could just shoot the gift their way and all will be good.

So, guys. We know Valve wants to have some media services on Steam. Movies, tv, music, whatever. Which services do you expect? Never owned a console, so I'm not really sure what stuff they have there, but Netflix usually comes up. But last I checked it's not available in my country. So, do you think they'll go with the more popular stuff, or will they try to get services which would be available for all of their customers, even if not that popular? (Or both?)

Turfster

So, guys. We know Valve wants to have some media services on Steam. Movies, tv, music, whatever. Which services do you expect? Never owned a console, so I'm not really sure what stuff they have there, but Netflix usually comes up. But last I checked it's not available in my country. So, do you think they'll go with the more popular stuff, or will they try to get services which would be available for all of their customers, even if not that popular? (Or both?)

If you live outside the US/UK, pretty much nothing =p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

"Yes, today you can get an amazing 25% discount on loads of new games, including Wildstar and Wildstar Deluxe, Tropico 5, Dark Souls II, Bound by Flame, Murdered: Souls Suspects, War of the Vikings games, Warlock 2 games and Starbound."

Fuck, I can't combo that with my GMG credit on Wolfenstein. Woulda brought it below 30$.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Epigenesis Free Weekend coming up

I'm also expecting an EA weekend.

Call of Doggy: Ghosts Free Weekend, too. EA updated most of its subs a day ago as well but apparently no sale just yet... or more accurately I don't see it being run alongside two Free Weekends.

Dr Dogg

Call of Doggy: Ghosts Free Weekend, too. EA updated most of its subs a day ago as well but apparently no sale just yet. At least, I don't see it being run alongside two Free Weekends.

What? Again? I take it this will be a tie in with the trailer mentioned in that Game Informer thread.

Tizoc

Tch I'm waiting for a 30% discount code, once I get that I'll grab Wolfenstein 2014.

JaseC

What? Again? I take it this will be a tie in with the trailer mentioned in that Game Informer thread.

Yeah, the FW ends on the fourth at 8pm, the same day as Blacksmith's trailer.

Edit: Mind you, the expiry date may be a mistake as the sub is mistakenly flagged as a store one rather than an auto-grant one.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Netflix is going to be an interesting one, as that kind of support is basically mandatory for a product coming out in the U.S. in 2014. I'm pretty sure there are literal toasters that support Netflix.

However, Linux does not have native support for Netflix at the moment, so it will require some work from the company to get it running. Thankfully that'll probably mean they'll finally release an app that works broadly across Linux distros.

DocSeuss

I guess I really didn't look into it too much lol

Either way, I really enjoyed Kavinsky's album.

Hey, I'm all for preaching dat album.

I'm hoping that Valve actually goes for movies you can download and own. Like, hey, if I buy that Criterion movie, I don't just get the movie, I get to download all the special features, and it works like a better version of what they currently use for the documentaries on Steam already. Heck, maybe companies could add special features (eg: "Upgrade your HD copy of Terminator 2 to Terminator 2: Skynet Supreme Edition!").

Also wanna see comics.

Diedac

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Monday Night Combat -- MB-1D6268C2E1D42148 - Taken by VikasNarula
Kaptain Brawe A Brawe New World -- MB-F1005EFCB11B2643 - Taken by BorntoPlay

The visual novel Cinders was just added to the "coming soon" list for, like ... 2 hours from now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293680/

This was the BTA game from the GamesRage Polish bundle from way back when. Didn't get too far into it then but what I played was swell. Much better written than I was expecting. No mention of keys getting added to the bundle in the community hub yet, but others from the same bundle (like Nightmares from the Deep) did so there's that.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, the FW ends on the fourth at 8pm, the same day as Blacksmith's trailer.

Edit: Mind you, the expiry date may be a mistake as the sub is mistakenly flagged as a store one rather than an auto-grant one.

Hahaha who knows what's going on. There have been ads in the press here for the Gold Edition for Ghosts for the last month.

And now I have Ladysmith Black Mambazo stuck in my head. Tenuous link I know.

Zafir

Similar stuff to consoles, though I don't think it'll be as much. The install base is going to a damn sight smaller than consoles, and most of the streaming apps don't support linux at the moment. I'd assume the big players will hop on (Amazon Instant/Netflix) but others, only time will tell.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I think the difference between the PC and "console space" is that the consoles are trying to emulate PC functionality when they provide video services like Netflix.

Things like Netflix and Hulu don't make sense to be included as part of Steam because people can already use these applications on their PC. It would also be difficult for Valve to offer these services to SteamOS users, since making some of these services work with Linux has been pretty problematic in the past (I'm looking at you, Amazon!) and rely on the third party providers supporting architecture that's available to the Linux platform, rather than Adobe DRM or Silverlight.

And then you have the issue of most of these service providers only providing services to the US or UK.

I think if Valve will offer some sort of movie service, they'll try to make their own. Personally, I think that's a good thing. The few movies released so far have been well integrated with Steam, using things like Steam achievements.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
(I have also never seen.. Star wars!)
:|
This is quite the achievement, don't keep it up.
Atleast tell me you've seen Raider of the Lost Ark...

JaseC

Apparently Steam Support improved beyond my anticipation:
2014-05-01_19-52-36_zps95b63909.png

2014-05-01_19-54-22_zps69477acd.png

Aw, no fair. I asked Valve to refund me the purchase price of 3x SR4 Child's Play Packs as Wallet credit, pointing out that, as per the phrasing for the auto-refund feature, unused gifts should be eligible, but was just told "No refunds". I recommended that the auto-refund phrasing be updated to reflect the fact that unused gifts are not covered but I don't know if this was done since I haven't pre-ordered anything on Steam myself since redeeming a Broken Age key prior to its pre-purchase period.

Edit:
refundy8fax.jpg

As I said, though, the above may have changed since January.

Turfster

Daily Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 75% off (currently borked at 100% off), EA Racing Pack also 75% off
Weekend
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts 66% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Epigenesis 66% off FREE WEEKEND
  • ACTIVISION WEEKEND up to 75% off
  • Shadowrun Returns 66% off
  • Star Wars Franchise 66% off

Grief.exe

DIIIIISSSSSSSNNNNNNNEEEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

I literally just bought Republic Commando from a Russian reseller lol due to their inability to discount the game for the last couple years. Oh well, only paid a couple bucks more.

mZpx5du.gif

Daily Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 75% off (currently borked at 100% off)
Weekend
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts 66% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Epigenesis 66% off FREE WEEKEND
  • ACTIVISION WEEKEND up to 75% off
  • Shadowrun Returns 66% off
  • Star Wars Franchise 66% off
lol at the CoD sales.

Are you even trying, Activision?

Sajjaja

I don't understand how Ghost is 66% off but the rest of the CODs are 25% off.....Activision is smoking something...

Such creativity, even Steam Threads doesn't have that much quality in their titles:
2014-05-01_20-04-33_zps6d7fec64.png

Also May the 4 be with you, on May Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom