• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2014 predictions

^^ Im pretty sure Sunset overdrive is coming this year given how they pretty much said it would and it has a spread in edge in May

Maybe if they do a xb1 port with graphical upgrades and gameplay fixes with the dlc. Gives the game a wider audience on next gen plus it bolsters MS releases for the xb1

Quantum Break looks to be slightly further along (at least we've seen something that isn't s CG trailer). Q4 already looks very crowded with releases. Releasing two new exclusive IPs in that window is iffy. I'm thinking one of them gets pushed back.

Proponent

Banned
Yeah, MS does NOT win this E3. They come out with a ho hum B. Exciting only thier dedicated fanbase, and doing *nothing* to make those in the other camps want one.

A lot of hot air hyperbole.

Lucreto

He was probably reffering to Dark Souls 2, or the redesign the 360 got to match the X1.

Dark Souls 2 was already announced at the VGA and a second hardware redesign further proves my point. Those are not big news to the millions who already own it.

As with Sony there is already a bunch of stuff we already know so its really a matter of picking the unknowns.

We know a bunch of Halo will be there. Forza Horizon 2. Something from Rare because Rare always has something. We know the Division has Xbox exclusive stuff so it will be here. We know they are working with Platinum games.

You would be nuts to think a price / Sku change isnt happening at E3. I bet we get $350 No Kinect.

I bet we see a EA star wars game debut at the MS show. Would not be shocked if they trot Amy Henning out even though she has probably dont nothing yet for EA.

A Token awkward media / TV section.

Another MGSV trailer with exclusive xbox stuff.

League of Legends xbox has been rumoured for so long and with the Chinese launch coming this seems as good a time as any.

I bet we see a strong indie showing simalar to Sony last year. As part of this MS has got the exclusivity for No Man's Sky.

I bet MS will have another Betrayalaton announcement since MS E3's live or die by them. I hope its bigger then RE7 because FUCK Resident Evil. My guess they have something exclusive for FF15 or Kingdom Hearts 3. I would also bet on seeing something from Rockstar here with MS exclusive stuff. Red Dead or Agent.

Quantum Break looks to be slightly further along (at least we've seen something that isn't s CG trailer). Q4 already looks very crowded with releases. Releasing two new exclusive IPs in that window is iffy. I'm thinking one of them gets pushed back.

Insomniac has a strong history of shipping games on time. Even if in some cases they come out half baked.

Remedy shipping a game on time? Lolz

Price Drop is obviously coming. This thing is over if there isn't one announced.

And don't save the announcement till the end like it's some sort of megaton that people won't see coming. They should lead with it at the very beginning of the show.

bidguy

Banned
Yeah, MS does NOT win this E3. They come out with a ho hum B. Exciting only thier dedicated fanbase, and doing *nothing* to make those in the other camps want one.

A lot of hot air hyperbole.

He was probably reffering to Dark Souls 2, or the redesign the 360 got to match the X1.

Anyway, this year?
Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable.

Call of Duty.

Gameplay of CG announced and teased titles: Sunset, Quantum

Possibly a money hat

CG teasers of games, of which we will see no gameplay footage of until next year's E3.

Prediction: Phil over hyped it. Over sold it.
It gets a B, but is out done by Sony, and possibly Nintendo.

MS does NOT win this E3.

who are you trying to convince ? us or yourself ?

blakep267

honestly, the only crowded month is October.

if they have 4 games ( theoretically.)

Horizon 2
halo 2 A
Sunset O
Quantum break

Id put Horizon out in September. I don't think destiny and the driving audience overlap that much.

Halo 2 in late november

Quantum break in december

and SO maybe in Late september or october, depending on if they really think its a strong IP. If its looking really good, I don't see why it couldn't compete with he october games

Matias Myllyrinne has been saying since forever now that Quantum Break has a release date and they're just waiting for Microsoft to give the greenlight to announce it so I'm betting on it being a 2014 on time release from Remedy.

Proponent

Banned
Dark Souls 2 was already announced at the VGA and a second hardware redesign further proves my point. Those are not big news to the millions who already own it.

Maybe.

Phil became captain of the Titanic.

Its understandable he tries to generate hype and excitement for a sinking ship.

But I think the system does not recive the price drop it deserves and needs, and that's where it starts.

The 399$ with Kinect and no game, or 450$ with Kinect and game like Titanfall bundle, isn't going to excite or please *anyone* except MS dedicated fans only.

And after Sony drops its bombs, the gap between the two will increase.

they better, they really need to step up what they "offer" with XBL, and putting media apps behind the paywall is not it.

This bit can't be emphasized enough. It's not about the money - most people will get live gold anyway. It is about respect (or the lack of it). By continuing to do this, Xbox is basically telling all its customers "we think you're stupid and know you will pay us anyhow". If Phil Spencer is truly serious about a whole new Xbox this is the #1 thing he needs to change. If they keep it in place, they might as well not show up at E3 even with all the content they're sure to bring. It would seem like they've not learned anything from the past year and were just content on being the same as they always were (behind decidedly better PR).

Maybe.

Phil became captain of the Titanic.

Its understandable he tries to generate hype and excitement for a sinking ship.

But I think the system does not recive the price drop it deserves and needs, and that's where it starts.

The 399$ with Kinect and no game, or 450$ with Kinect and game like Titanfall bundle, isn't going to excite or please *anyone* except MS dedicated fans only.

And after Sony drops its bombs, the gap between the two will increase.

Microsoft has nothing but a empty words planned for E3 while Sony has theoretical bombs. Interesting.

teraMEL0S

I personally hope that they cram the show with many unexpected titles, be it sequels you never saw coming, or very good looking new titles. But truly, isn't that what everyone wants?

Also, I know I'll be happy to see the rumored or known titles like Halo, Quantum Break, and Forza, but being surprised and avoiding leaks is always the best part of E3.

honestly, the only crowded month is October.

if they have 4 games ( theoretically.)

Horizon 2
halo 2 A
Sunset O
Quantum break

Id put Horizon out in September. I don't think destiny and the driving audience overlap that much.

Halo 2 in late november

Quantum break in december

and SO maybe in Late september or october, depending on if they really think its a strong IP. If its looking really good, I don't see why it couldn't compete with he october games

They could release one of them in Dec but I seriously question the logic. Much better to hold one back for March when you can build hype after the Jan/Feb release lull and sell it much better. After Fuze, Insomniac need all the help they can get (if the game turns out to be any good).

Chobel

Devil's third doesn't seem to be MS exclusive, so I don't think it will be in MS E3

fMC21Fv.png

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/449323908286529536

Halo 2 Anniversary
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Forza Horizon 2
Fable Legends
Rare Game (New IP or revived IP)
Platinum Game
Undead Studios Game
Twisted Pixel Game
KI Season 2 Teaser
New IPs from new studios (LXP, Lift London, etc. Maybe we'll see what Eden Falls is)

Dragon Age Inquisition Exclusive Content
The Division (I think thdy've already announced exclusive content for this?)
Titanfall mention
The Witcher 3

Price Drop and Kinectless SKU

blakep267

They could release one of them in Dec but I seriously question the logic. Much better to hold one back for March when you can build hype after the Jan/Feb release lull and sell it much better. After Fuze, Insomniac need all the help they can get (if the game turns out to be any good).

I don't know. i think Having the 1-2 punch of Halo anniversary and quantum break( which should be the xb1's best looking game to date) would be great for holiday sales. I don't see December being a crowded month at all and its far more important than Jan-March.

Also, I would hope that they have other games planned that could fill those early 2015 months. Nothing huge but like an HD remake of Gears 1-3 or maybe a phantom dust remake???

Prediction time:

• Open the conference with a demo for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  • Phil Spencer mentions exclusive COD dlc. Talks about sales and tier 2/3 (?) rollout plans. Talks about how focus is on games and the gamer now.
  • Xbox 360 and Xbox One price cut
  • Sunset Overdrive gameplay demo. September 2014.
  • Gears of War 4 Announcement Trailer.
  • Forza Horizon 2 Announcement Trailer. October 2014.
  • Exclusive JRPG X1 announcement to coincide with the Japanese release.
  • Resident Evil 7 reveal and Exclusive DLC.
  • Tomb Raider 2 reveal and exclusive DLC.
  • Final Fantasy XV trailer and release date - 2015. DLC first on Xbox One.
  • Platinum Games exclusive project for Xbox One.
  • Indie showcase. Below is featured among others to show indie support.
  • Quantum Break Gameplay demo. November 2014.
  • Announcement and trailer for Halo 2 Anniversary Edition. October 2014.
  • Close conference with gameplay demo of Halo V. Holiday 2015.

Bsigg12

No one. It is what it is. They misread the market, not me.
From day one they put themselves in the hole, too deep.

What does this have to do with anything? We're not in here picking who'll win E3 but what will Microsoft bring.

Anyone who thinks it'll be more TV and entertainment than games obviously doesn't actually care and are just here to troll.

At still an expensive price?

And good games? Quality games?

There are thousands of other threads you can go troll in. In fact there's a a thread asking what could Microsoft do to get you on board. Maybe you should go complain there.

Guaranteed:
Price Drop
Different Bundles
Halo
Quantum Break
Gears CGI trailer

Likely:
Sunset Overdrive
Forza
Fable
Crackdown
TV: Exclusives
VR Talk (If they have on they are going to want to show it and not look behind the time)

Questionable:
Easter developer support: They announced they got some exclusives for the Japaneses launch. My money would be on Platinum Games ore Level 5. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Platinum games for the One, Level 5 for PS4.

ryan299

They will show some of their tv line up. I would like to see a trailer of the Halo show if they have any footage. Although it seems like they are still in early pre-production of it.

Proponent

Banned
Sadly this thread is turning to shit, sad we can't have thread were gamers could be excited about games SMH

500$ and no must need to play games says hi.

MS wants excitement, they need to eat this cost and price like they ate rrod.

350$ w/ Kinect AND pack in game like Forza and they'll get excitement in truck loads.

Like what, I have the day off from work today but I'm spending it at the dentist.
Excuse me if I'm not that chipper.

350$ w/ Kinect AND pack in game like Forza and they'll get excitement in truck loads.

Like what, I have the day off from work today but I'm spending it at the dentist.

Just stop trying to console war, nobody cares that you don't like Xbox

udiie

Sadly this thread is turning to shit, sad we can't have thread were gamers could be excited about games SMH

Couldn't be more true. So much thread derailing

I really hope to see some more in house exclusives we don't know about. Everything else is kinda leaked.

Proponent

Banned
All of you complaining about my words.

Excuse me, I didn't realize this was a MS X1 'cheerleading only' thread.

I'll bow out and leave you to your 'club'.

jem0208

Bolded doesn't even make sense...?

I think a lot of people are excited for MS' E3. They've certainly been hyping it up pretty fucking massively.

Anyway, enough with feeding the troll.

If they don't announce Forza Horizon 2 I'm gunna be seriously disappointed .

Top Bottom