• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2014 predictions

Linkified

Well with expectations in check:
  • Opening: Call of Duty Advance Warfare gameplay demo
  • Phil Spencer: "We have listened, we have listed, we have learned"
  • Announces a repackaging of Xbox Gold opening Apps up to all users starting from "tomorrow
  • Announces Xbox Live PrimeTime is coming back for Gold only users
  • Tomb Raider 2 Debut + gameplay demo(exclusive content)
  • Shadow of Modor live gameplay demo( exclusive content)
  • Debut of new Ubisoft game + demo(exclusive content)
  • ID@Xbox Segment, montage of games, 7 creators on stage + ID@Xbox coming to Xbox 360
  • Gameplay demo of Quantum Break
  • Gameplay demo of Sunset Overdrive
  • Announcement of Forza Horizon 2
  • Killer Instinct Season 2 Trailer
  • Announcement of Halo 1+ 2 Anniversay collection "with Halo 2 multiplayer and Halo 5 beta"
  • One more thing: Price cut of Xbox One current sku to $449.99. Introduction $349 Kinectless Black 500Gb SKU + $399.99 Kinectless White 1Tb(September)
  • One more thing: Debut + gameplay demo of Epic's new IP exclusive to Xbox One

Things where I don't know where they fit in:
  • Fable Legends
  • New internal IPs
  • New games internally developed based on pre-exisitng IPs

ryan299

Does anybody else think that, if there is multiplayer with Halo 2 Anniversary it will be harmful to Halo 5? For me, I rather play a remake of a 10 year old Halo then the continuation of the multiplayer from 4 and Reach.

Proponent

Banned
Just stop trying to console war, nobody cares that you don't like Xbox

Haha, I find it funny that if you feel the price is too high, if you don't want to pay 500$ for an underpowered console, or even 399, especially when you already bought a more powerful console for 399

That immediately translates into hating it. Like 'You pay this NOW or you hate it!'

Uh huh. Right.

Does anybody else think that, if there is multiplayer with Halo 2 Anniversary it will be harmful to Halo 5? For me, I rather play a remake of a 10 year old Halo then the continuation of the multiplayer from 4 and Reach.

Well one would hope they learned and make the multiplayer like classic halo.

daman824

I think the fact that a halo 5 beta is coming with a fully re-created halo 2 multiplayer suggests that halo 5 will be quite a bit different that halo 4.

T.O.P

Banned
Anyway, leaving out some people (MODs hurry pls)

Expecting:
-Sunset Overdrive gameplay
-Halo A2 Trailer
-Horizon 2 Trailer
-Killer Instinct Season 2 Trailer
-Advanced Warfare Gameplay
-Quantum Break Gameplay
-Project Spark Gameplay
-D4 New Trailer
-Exclusive Jrpg or something similar
-New IP
-Snippet of GOW4

What i want to see:
-OG Xbox games coming back with new sequels (Phantom Dust)
-New Conker
-Crackdown 3
-Dino Crisis reboot

ryan299

I think the fact that a halo 5 beta is coming with a fully re-created halo 2 multiplayer suggests that halo 5 will be quite a bit different that halo 4.

I would hope so. They had to be shocked with the reception they got, the game dried up so quickly. I don't know how they didn't learn from Reach. Evidence was there.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
All of you complaining about my words.

Excuse me, I didn't realize this was a MS X1 'cheerleading only' thread.

I'll bow out and leave you to your 'club'.

In my experience, junior trolls NEVER bow out. They come back to protest the protest. Or complain about the complaints box.

edit: Wow. Worse than usual.

Haha, I find it funny that if you feel the price is too high, if you don't want to pay 500$ for an underpowered console, or even 399, especially when you already bought a more powerful console for 399

That immediately translates into hating it. Like 'You pay this NOW or you hate it!'

Uh huh. Right.

Well they could always try harder.

Instead of:

Ryse

500$

720p

30 fps

Kinect

blakep267

or if halo 5's multiplayer is the same engine etc as the 1 used in Anni 2 but with different weapons, Halo 5 maps etc. Therefore halo 5 would be a new campaign and somewhat of an upgrade of the halo anni 2 multiplayer

Rookwood

Banned
It's unlikely, but I've got the feeling Twisted Pixel's new game will be an AAA game. The concept art they included in Lococycle doesn't strike me as belonging to a downloadable $20/15 title, which it probably is anyway.
twisted_pixel_teaser.png

Mix

Halo 2 anniversary gameplay/tech demo (hopefully the E3 2003 demo:])
Halo 5 teaser (an actual announcement, not friggin Halo on Xbox)
Sunset Overdrive tech demo/gameplay
DOOM teaser, maybe gameplay
Fallout 4 onstage demo, then a trailer and date
Gear of War teaser
Mass Effect teaser
Quantum Break gameplay
TV stuff, mainly halo and an other cool IP
CoD: AW Onstage demo
Crackdown 3 teaser
Fable Legends Gameplay
some other stuff unannounced or whatever
I also fully expect Xbox 360 support "going into 2015" as well as The "Closer" probably being Titanfall 2 announcement

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Whatever. Have fun with that. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Dude, you're going to get banned, maybe a temp one, I have no idea. But before you go, can you at least understand that you are derailing the topic and intent of the conversation and harming the discourse? Do you think this is useful or necessary?

abadguy

Banned
It's unlikely, but I've got the feeling Twisted Pixel's new game will be an AAA game. The concept art they included in Lococycle doesn't strike me as belonging to a downloadable $20/15 title, which it probably is anyway.
twisted_pixel_teaser.png

Also looks like it may be a bit more serious than their other stuff. Wonder if it will show up at E3.

rrc1594

I'm try use realistic expectations focusing on games only

Halo Anniversary 2 with Halo 5 Beta
Sunset OverDrive
Quantum Break
Forza Horizon 2
Leap Experience Pioneers's New IP
Team Dakota giving releases date for Project Spark
Fable Legends
Lift London- Doing EdenFalls( I know it says they are doing mobile, but I think things changed new logo and they move in to a new office so you never know)
Project Totem from Press Play
New Rare Game
D4
Gears of War
Japanese Exclusive game
Castle Crashers 2

Nobody has posted this, but Phil has stated they have some unannounced studios that are working on X1 games(Hopefully a studio in Japan)

Edit-Whoa when did I become a member sweet!

ryan299

I would love it if Halo 5 went open world with RPG elements. I don't think it would be a stretch and would bring something fresh to Halo.

Dude, you're going to get banned, maybe a temp one, I have no idea. But before you go, can you at least understand that you are derailing the topic and intent of the conversation and harming the discourse? Do you think this is useful or necessary?

I'd be surprised if there was a ban, especially after checking the post history...

Bsigg12

I would love it if Halo 5 went open world with RPG elements. I don't think it would be a stretch and would bring something fresh to Halo.

I've been talking about how Halo 5 should be like Mass Effect 2 all done in first person without doing something weird to the multiplayer. Could be really interesting if done right.

rrc1594

twisted_pixel_teaser.png

Whoa how come no one has talked about this!

Brand discussion+successes ~ 10 minutes
H2A reveal+trailer & H5 trailer (plus beta?) ~15 minutes
Quantum gameplay ~5 minutes
Sunset Overdrive gameplay bonanza ~ 15 minutes
Japanese exclusive for launch ~ 10 minutes
Halo TV ~ 10 minutes
Forza reveal+gameplay ~10 minutes
COD ~ 10 minutes
Some teasers (Gears etc) ~5 minutes

Sum = 90 minutes.

ryan299

I've been talking about how Halo 5 should be like Mass Effect 2 all done in first person without doing something weird to the multiplayer. Could be really interesting if done right.

They already have all the different armor perms. so it wouldn't be much to make them affect gameplay. I like your idea of it being like Mass Effect but I don't think their should be dialogue options or multiple endings.

I remember reading an article about Halo 5 rumors and some of the aspects of the game were like Mass Effect 2. It sounded really cool, and I think they need to change the formula up while keeping the core mechanics. They tried to change the fundamentals of Halo with Halo 4 and it was a failure I think.

Rookwood

Banned
Also looks like it may be a bit more serious than their other stuff. Wonder if it will show up at E3.

Art direction seems interesting.
Hopefully this is something much bigger and much more serious than LocoCycle.

Whoa how come no one has talked about this!

I came by the concept art by happenstance while looking for help on some achievements. The thing is though, as intriguing as the concept art looks, Twisted Pixel doesn't strike me as a studio that produces AAA games. I would love to be wrong, but that's how I feel about it. Anyway, just because a game isn't AAA doesn't mean it's not good or worth looking forward to.

manual4

Banned
  • Official price cut to $450
  • Reveal of a few new services
  • TV announcements
  • Halo 2 Anniversary reveal with a Halo 5 tease
  • Sunset Overdrive trailer, October 2014 release
  • Quantum Brake full reveal, Q1 2015 release
  • Fable Legends full gameplay reveal, 2015 release
  • Forza Horizon 2 reveal, November 2014 release
  • Gears 4 tease, Q4 2015 release
  • Platinum Games exclusive for Japanese launch
  • COD:AW stage demo, DLC reveal
  • Indie game showcase
  • New trailers for a few third party titles

blakep267

Brand discussion+successes ~ 10 minutes
H2A reveal+trailer & H5 trailer (plus beta?) ~15 minutes
Quantum gameplay ~5 minutes
Sunset Overdrive gameplay bonanza ~ 15 minutes
Japanese exclusive for launch ~ 10 minutes
Halo TV ~ 10 minutes
Forza reveal+gameplay ~10 minutes
COD ~ 10 minutes
Some teasers (Gears etc) ~5 minutes

Sum = 90 minutes.

I think your times are a little off. At most I could see something being shown for 8 minutes. But anymore than that and it becomes boring. No way they're going to show 10 minutes of forza or 10 minutes of halo tv

I think your times are a little off. At most I could see something being shown for 8 minutes. But anymore than that and it becomes boring. No way they're going to show 10 minutes of forza or 10 minutes of halo tv

Just trying to ballpark the possible times.
I can see what Spencer was saying about a packed E3, wasn't hard to fill up that time slot.

DocSeuss

I'm expecting them to start off with a Call of Duty reveal and end with some Halo footage of some kind. Obviously, I would very much like it to be Halo PC. I'm hoping for Forza Horizon 2 footage, expecting to see Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Not expecting Halo TV footage, since rumors pegged it as "they're getting close to a deal," not "they've been shooting, have casting done, etc." Am expecting ~3 solid AAA reveals.

Just trying to ballpark the possible times.
I can see what Spencer was saying about a packed E3, wasn't hard to fill up that time slot.

Go back and watch last year's E3, look how short those times really are. I could be wrong, but most games got less than five minutes. Nobody's doing fifteen minutes for a single game.

L1NETT

The state of decay folks' next game is a decent shout.

Have they said whether (or not) it's a brand new game or they are continuing with SoD? (edit: answered)

They are before EA right, so not sure how much third party thunder they can steal from them. Star Wars Battlefront a possibility? Mirror's Edge?

We shall see

Undead are only working on SoD for the foreseeable future.

Ta Miles, that narrows it down then!

Well with expectations in check:
  • Opening: Call of Duty Advance Warfare gameplay demo
  • Phil Spencer: "We have listened, we have listed, we have learned"
  • Announces a repackaging of Xbox Gold opening Apps up to all users starting from "tomorrow
  • Announces Xbox Live PrimeTime is coming back for Gold only users
  • Tomb Raider 2 Debut + gameplay demo(exclusive content)
  • Shadow of Modor live gameplay demo( exclusive content)
  • Debut of new Ubisoft game + demo(exclusive content)
  • ID@Xbox Segment, montage of games, 7 creators on stage + ID@Xbox coming to Xbox 360
  • Gameplay demo of Quantum Break
  • Gameplay demo of Sunset Overdrive
  • Announcement of Forza Horizon 2
  • Killer Instinct Season 2 Trailer
  • Announcement of Halo 1+ 2 Anniversay collection "with Halo 2 multiplayer and Halo 5 beta"
  • One more thing: Price cut of Xbox One current sku to $449.99. Introduction $349 Kinectless Black 500Gb SKU + $399.99 Kinectless White 1Tb(September)
  • One more thing: Debut + gameplay demo of Epic's new IP exclusive to Xbox One

Things where I don't know where they fit in:
  • Fable Legends
  • New internal IPs
  • New games internally developed based on pre-exisitng IPs

An ok list, though a lot there seems like wishful thinking with no indication that it might be true.

The 360 part is crazy though. The console is pretty much dead to MS. lol

I like the Xbox Live repack you said, plus, you forgot Games With Gold on Xbone... That is sure going to happen.

The state of decay folks' next game is a decent shout.

Have they said whether (or not) it's a brand new game or they are continuing with SoD?

They are before EA right, so not sure how much third party thunder they can steal from them. Star Wars Battlefront a possibility? Mirror's Edge?

We shall see

Undead are only working on SoD for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom