• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor Out 5/20, Available to Pre-order Today

Loudninja

On May 20th — that’s exactly two weeks from today — Transistor will be available on PlayStation 4! We have a bunch of new details to share, starting with the fact that you can preorder the game starting today, as soon as PlayStation Store updates.
For starters, Transistor features lots and lots of hand-painted 2D artwork, and thanks to PlayStation 4′s raw power, you’ll get to experience it just as we intended in full HD 1080p resolution. That’s a first for us on console.

Some months ago I also told you a little about how we’re using DualShock 4′s light bar in sync with the voiceover in the game. At the end I hinted we were also looking into using the controller’s built-in speaker. Turns out it works great, so we’re pleased to offer a Controller Speaker option for a more personal feel. With the light bar and controller speaker working in unison, DualShock 4 becomes a direct analog for Red’s mysterious, talkative weapon. We think this is a unique way of playing through the game, and we hope players will enjoy it.

Lastly (for now), let’s talk about Trophies. Transistor has more than 30 Trophies, including a Platinum Trophy if you manage to unlock all the others. Our philosophy around Trophy design is we want players to discover the breadth, depth, and content of the game, and feel rewarded for it. Some of our Trophies concern hidden aspects of the game that we’ve purposely said nothing about, so we encourage you to discover these for yourself as you play! Though if you want look them all up and aren’t worried about spoiling bits of it for yourself, that’s cool too.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/06/transistor-out-520-available-to-pre-order-today-2/

+ Greg Kasavin on May 6th, 2014 at 10:35 am said:

Hey, it’s a pre-purchase but not a preload. The game is about 2.5 GB so hopefully will not take that long to download once it’s out!
+ Greg Kasavin on May 6th, 2014 at 11:05 am said:

It’s $19.99.

Lingitiz

Steam Link
or directly from Supergiant (Steam code through Humble widget)
From the creators of Bastion, Transistor is a sci-fi themed action RPG that invites you to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as you fight through a stunning futuristic city. Transistor seamlessly integrates thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, melding responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling. During the course of the adventure, you will piece together the Transistor's mysteries as you pursue its former owners.

Key Features
  • An all-new world from the team that created Bastion
  • Configure the powerful Transistor with thousands of possible Function combinations
  • Action-packed real-time combat fused with a robust strategic planning mode
  • Vibrant hand-painted artwork in full 1080p resolution
  • Original soundtrack changes dynamically as the action unfolds
  • Hours of reactive voiceover create a deep and atmospheric story
  • 'Recursion' option introduces procedural battles after finishing the story
  • Fully customizable controls custom-tailored for PC
Steam cloud, achievements, full controller support, all included. Soundtrack is also up on Steam for $9.99 or $29.98 for the bundle.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ugh at the lightbar stuff.

Was going to get this on PS4, looks like I'm getting it on Steam instead.

Unless you can disable it?

ampere

It's $20 on PC so it's probably $20 on PS4.

Had no idea this was coming out so soon. I'll probably hop on this and get it for PC. I'm sure the music will be good, but not really sold on buying the soundtrack.

VanWinkle

Will preorder when I get paid tomorrow. I love the sound of the lightbar/speaker stuff.

I guess this also means that it will pre-download and we'll be able to play at midnight the day of release? Loving the thought of that.

LiK

Release date and price was already confirmed a few weeks ago. The new news is that you can preorder it now.

marrec

Banned
Dorks, I love the stupid light bar stuff, more stuff like that please and the control speaker integration.

Will pre-order asap for the soundtrack alone.

Dolor

Meh, Bastion was ok, but Van Helsing 2 and Tropico 5 come out around then, so no time for another game.

I was all prepared to grumble about how the game appears to be "Bastion 2" in all but name... and then I watched the trailer. Now I'll just say "looking forward to it."

Also, the composer-dude for Supergiant is fantastic. Bastion and Transistor both have great music.

mattp

is it safe to assume if they're allowing preorders for this game there won't be a ps plus discount on day one?
cuz sony's gonna have lots of angry customers if they start allowing preorders but then having a discount on day one for ps plus

DrZeus

I'm intrigued by this game. I usually don't like turn based combat but this has enough real time action to keep me interested.

Lingitiz

is it safe to assume if they're allowing preorders for this game there won't be a ps plus discount on day one?
cuz sony's gonna have lots of angry customers if they start allowing preorders but then having a discount on day one for ps plus

There's currently no preorder bonus on the Steam version either. If there was one if would probably be up already.

Vire

It's a pre-purchase but not a preload. The game is about 2.5 GB so hopefully will not take long to download once it's out.

What's the purpose of pre-ordering then? Haha.

Seems a little silly.

Also, Transistor runs at 60 FPS correct?

skynidas

Banned
It's a pre-purchase but not a preload. The game is about 2.5 GB so hopefully will not take long to download once it's out.

This guy with the "kasavin" username is one of the creators of the game, Greg Kasavin. So take his things as official.

Edit : i am saying it in a good way, so people knows that he is legit.

I'll most likely pre-order this but what's the deal with the PS+ discount? it only gets applied later in the day and this makes it possible to buy the game at full price even if you have PS+. I've seen a few people on reddit mistakenly do this.

Virdix

Im on Sony's sight trying to pre order from my phone but I dont see a pre order button D:

Edit: And on their site it says PSN later today. Ignore me.

Top Bottom