• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pork rinds: the Stafford of snacks.

Haribo Gummi Bears are the Flacco of snacks.

e0sVZve.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damn, stay strong jak. :( His ban should be lifted he is a GAF legend.

Also I'm fully on board the Manziel hype train. I missed the draft due to traffic, even though I listened to it on the radio. Just saw the video of him getting drafted by the Browns, the chants and when he goes in stage and throws up the money sign. Epic.

I'm buying his jersey to go along with my Stafford jersey and eventual Suh jersey when we sign him long term. Never thought I'd buy an opposing teams jersey but the Manziel hype is real. Hope the dude succeeds in the NFL, and I think he can.

I love that the Dolphins have this reputation. Fully deserved, too.

"Miami Dolphins football, getting in our own way since Ricky Williams left to find himself."

WedgeX

Banned
Friends.

I ask you keep jakncoke in your thoughts.

His aunt suffered an MI last night and is in the ICU.

Sorry to hear it, jak.

With the draft done, Lions roster time!

Free Agent Rookie

QB: Stafford
WR: Megatron, Burleson, Tate, Jones, Broyles
RB: Bush, Bell, Riddick, Owens, Leshoure
TE: Pettigrew, Ebron, Fauria
RT: Waddle
RG: Warford
C: Raiola, Gandy, Swanson
LG: Sims
LT: Reiff

The Lions return their whole offensive line, plus Swanson who presumably will replace Raiola in a year or two. The offensive line ranked 8th overall for the season, and had revelations in Waddle and Warford. Frankly, that Warford did not make the pro-bowl is a travesty. The Lions picked up Tate to be the number two behind Megatron. However, then someone performed a Matt Millen rain dance and Ebron ended up being selected 10th overall and is now expected to supplant Pettigrew and perhaps play up the middle. Leshoure continues his tumble down the depth chart year after year and looks to be hard up to compete with Owens and Riddick for a roster spot. That he has not been traded is quite the mystery. Unless the Lions are counting on Bell and Bush both being injured.

DE: Young, Jones, Ansah, Idonije, Taylor, Webster
DT: Suh, Fairley, Reid
MLB: Tulloch
OLB: Levy, Van Noy, Palmer
CB: Houston, Slay, Mathis, Lawson, Bentley, Green, Greenwood
FS: Delmas, Ihedigbo
SS: Quin

The Lions let Young walk. Ansah performed well last year. Suh and Fairley are on the last year of their contracts and the Lions do not believe in Fairely and I personally think Suh wants to travel back to the pacific northwest. The linebackers were alright last year but primarily played in sets of two so Van Noy might actually help the lions keep three linebackers on the field on a regular basis and take some pressure off the secondary. The Lions continue to field roughly the same corps of cornerbacks as the past two years. Hopefully Slay is able to progress from last year under Mathis' tutelage. Delmas is gone, with PFF ranking him lower than his replacement Ihedigbo. But not by much. In other words, nothing for the secondary has changed except that Van Noy might get used far more often then Palmer last year thus taking off some pressure.

K: Akers, Freese, Potter
P: Martin
LS: Muhlbach
KR/PR: Ross

Akers is gone, finally. Unfortunately Kickalicious was not considered this year but the Lions decided to draft a kicker. Martin should be solid again this year and Ross decided to have a decent end of the season.

When't jakky coming back anyway?

I love listening to Keith Butler (Steelers Linebacker coach). In his post draft interview talking about Shazier and Zumwalt, somebody mentioned Peezy being on staff and Jarvis' Jones development. Butler compared the two and said he hoped JArvis soaks everything in from Porter. Said when Porter played he had a big mouth but backed it up on the field - wanted to see that from Jarvis.

Steelers need that type of leadership again. "They shot me in Denver!"

Konka

Banned
When't jakky coming back anyway?

I love listening to Keith Butler (Steelers Linebacker coach). In his post draft interview talking about Shazier and Zumwalt, somebody mentioned Peezy being on staff and Jarvis' Jones development. Butler compared the two and said he hoped JArvis soaks everything in from Porter. Said when Porter played he had a big mouth but backed it up on the field - wanted to see that from Jarvis.

Steelers need that type of leadership again. "They shot me in Denver!"

May 22nd I believe.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wedge, I love the list but put Ebron at WR.

Mel Kiper: "What Ebron is, is a glorified WR"

Mel Kiper: "He will not block, but as a impact duo glorified WR"

Jon Gruden: "I don't know why we even call him a tight end, I mean Jimmy Graham is having a grievance over this..."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pDGw7egG1rk

Can't wait to see this Joe Lombardi, Saints esque, offense in action.

You want to double team Megatron? That's fine Stafford will hit Ebron in the middle of the field or find Golden Tate or check down to Reggie Bush or Jouqie Bell. This team is going to be fun as hell to watch and I expect Stafford to put up number similar to his 2011 playoff season when he had Titus Young as a #2 receiver.

The only thing that concerns me about Ebron, aside from his nonexistent blocking (which won't matter anyway) is some of the drops he's had. I've seen enough dropped passes these past two years. Catch the damn football.

Sorry to hear it, jak.

With the draft done, Lions roster time!

Free Agent Rookie

QB: Stafford
WR: Megatron, Burleson, Tate, Jones, Broyles
RB: Bush, Bell, Riddick, Owens, Leshoure
TE: Pettigrew, Ebron, Fauria
RT: Waddle
RG: Warford
C: Raiola, Gandy, Swanson
LG: Sims
LT: Reiff

The Lions return their whole offensive line, plus Swanson who presumably will replace Raiola in a year or two. The offensive line ranked 8th overall for the season, and had revelations in Waddle and Warford. Frankly, that Warford did not make the pro-bowl is a travesty. The Lions picked up Tate to be the number two behind Megatron. However, then someone performed a Matt Millen rain dance and Ebron ended up being selected 10th overall and is now expected to supplant Pettigrew and perhaps play up the middle. Leshoure continues his tumble down the depth chart year after year and looks to be hard up to compete with Owens and Riddick for a roster spot. That he has not been traded is quite the mystery. Unless the Lions are counting on Bell and Bush both being injured.

DE: Young, Jones, Ansah, Idonije, Taylor, Webster
DT: Suh, Fairley, Reid
MLB: Tulloch
OLB: Levy, Van Noy, Palmer
CB: Houston, Slay, Mathis, Lawson, Bentley, Green, Greenwood
FS: Delmas, Ihedigbo
SS: Quin

The Lions let Young walk. Ansah performed well last year. Suh and Fairley are on the last year of their contracts and the Lions do not believe in Fairely and I personally think Suh wants to travel back to the pacific northwest. The linebackers were alright last year but primarily played in sets of two so Van Noy might actually help the lions keep three linebackers on the field on a regular basis and take some pressure off the secondary. The Lions continue to field roughly the same corps of cornerbacks as the past two years. Hopefully Slay is able to progress from last year under Mathis' tutelage. Delmas is gone, with PFF ranking him lower than his replacement Ihedigbo. But not by much. In other words, nothing for the secondary has changed except that Van Noy might get used far more often then Palmer last year thus taking off some pressure.

K: Akers, Freese, Potter
P: Martin
LS: Muhlbach
KR/PR: Ross

Akers is gone, finally. Unfortunately Kickalicious was not considered this year but the Lions decided to draft a kicker. Martin should be solid again this year and Ross decided to have a decent end of the season.

I think Broyles could end up on IR this year. Hopefully Jones can be our #3 receiver, with Ross/Durham/Ogletree in the final spots assuming we have 6 WRs on the roster again. Maybe Fuller could make the team over Durham, I'd like to see that actually.

TE will be interesting. I almost want to keep 4, and go with 5 WRs instead of 6. That way Michael Williams can show us what he has; he's coming off being injured all last year and I honestly think he'll be a better blocker than Pettigrew. We can cut Pettigrew after a couple seasons. In the mean time Pettigrew will start alongside Ebron, with Fauria being brought in for red zone plays I guess. Sucks for him.

The front office clearly thinks Slay will make some major strides this year, and maybe the new coaching staff can teach Bentley how to look for the fucking ball. If Ziggy can make strides, Jason Jones can come back healthy, and Van Noy can live up to expectations, we'll get enough pressure on passers to hopefully bail out our secondary.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I offered my wife sex and the possibility of more kids as her Mother's Day present.

She politely declined.

I imagine you asking this with her standing there all frazzled with the vomit of one twin dripping from her shirt and a dirty diaper in her hand from the other twin with them both wailing in the background.

And by politely declined you mean she didn't beat you senseless right then and there with the dirty diaper no less.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Friends.

I ask you keep jakncoke in your thoughts.

His aunt suffered an MI last night and is in the ICU.

MI = heart attack for those of you that were as confused as I was.

I know we give jakncoke a lot of crap but the dude seems to have it rough. My prayers go out to him and his aunt.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/idzik-jabs-news-manish-mehta-hitchhike-wager-article-1.1787592

By the time John Idzik, Rex Ryan, Terry Bradway and Jeff Bauer walked into the Jets press conference room in Florham Park a few minutes past 6:30 Saturday night, I knew I was about to get what I deserved.

Idzik artfully held up a sheet of paper with a simple message: “#HITCHHIKE”

The room erupted in laughter. I couldn’t tell who was happier – the Jets brass at the podium or my fellow media members.

Eight hours had passed since I had the genius idea of firing off this tweet: “Jets are scheduled for a league-high 9 picks today. I'll hitchhike home if they actually draft 9 players. Look for trade(s) today. #nyj”

Idzik had made all three picks in the first three rounds. The Jets wanted to package some picks to move up in the second round to grab USC wide receiver Marquise Lee, but couldn’t make a deal. Now, with nine picks left entering the final day, this prediction was a layup.
Lock it up.

MRSA

Banned
MI = heart attack for those of you that were as confused as I was.

I know we give jakncoke a lot of crap but the dude seems to have it rough. My prayers go out to him and his aunt.

jak is a good kid, he'll be okay. Although konka and I should've never introduced him to the mad dawg.

His aunt isn't doing well, she was down for 15 minutes before they were able to get her heart going again. She was air lifted to a cardiac specializing hospital.

Thoughts go out to jak and his family, feel bad for his cousins, especially considering its Mother's Day.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Why does Kas still have his old avatar?

Cause Ebron is a wide receiver.

Seriously though, hungover as fuck today, tried Soju for the first time last night, woke up and still no PM about an avatar. As soon as I get that PM I will change it.

What was wrong with the kas avatar that the other guy made from the one I posted?

It's your choice brah. You or Hito PM me the avatar and I will change it.

MechDX

Watched some videos of Savage, my gawd that kid has a gun for an arm! Decent touch on the ball. His footwork isn't complete shit but he does need some work.

While not fast and/or quick like Wilson/Kap he can slide in the pocket nice and avoid the pressure.

My opinion could be skewed though since schaub has a dead arm, constantly underthrew receivers and had the escapability of wet sand and that is what I'm currently used to

Mike Loyko said:
Lyerla has not gotten a single call from an NFL team. Such a waste.

Another guy with all the potential in the world who threw it all away.

Watched some videos of Savage, my gawd that kid has a gun for an arm! Decent touch on the ball. His footwork isn't complete shit but he does need some work.

While not fast and/or quick like Wilson/Kap he can slide in the pocket nice and avoid the pressure.

My opinion could be skewed though since schaub has a dead arm, constantly underthrew receivers and had the escapability of wet sand and that is what I'm currently used to

Gonna watch some Garoppolo videos on YouTube now.

JABEE

Wedge, I love the list but put Ebron at WR.

Mel Kiper: "What Ebron is, is a glorified WR"

Mel Kiper: "He will not block, but as a impact duo glorified WR"

Jon Gruden: "I don't know why we even call him a tight end, I mean Jimmy Graham is having a grievance over this..."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pDGw7egG1rk

Can't wait to see this Joe Lombardi, Saints esque, offense in action.

You want to double team Megatron? That's fine Stafford will hit Ebron in the middle of the field or find Golden Tate or check down to Reggie Bush or Jouqie Bell. This team is going to be fun as hell to watch and I expect Stafford to put up number similar to his 2011 playoff season when he had Titus Young as a #2 receiver.

The only thing that concerns me about Ebron, aside from his nonexistent blocking (which won't matter anyway) is some of the drops he's had. I've seen enough dropped passes these past two years. Catch the damn football.

Kas, why do you keep trying to twist out of losing the bet?

As for Stafford, I repeat!

ebu42Fk.jpg

Nick Foles should be fucking one on every top quarterback list! He's fucking legendary! Give him the damn MVP award. 27-2 TD-INT Ratio. The best ratio in NFL History. 7 TDS in one game!!!! Nick is a leader! Nick was the Pro Bowl MVP.

Get out of the way Stafford, you old hog! There is a new best QB in town and his name is Nickfoleon Dynamite. This ain't fucking Waterloo! My man Nick isn't high off his ass on opiates! The entire combined military force of Europe ain't coming this way!

Nick Foles is the best. Period. End of story. No need to #RiseNGrind No need to #RestoreShit!

Nick is here. So get used to it. Stafford can go back to flipping hamburgers and folding tacos for the Detroit Barry Sanders!

You're out!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fuck a Foles, Jabee.

Matthew Stafford took over the worst team in NFL history at 21 years old. His arm strength, pocket presence, leadership and clutch play are all on film for you to watch. He is an elite QB and he's the best chance the Lions have to win a Super Bowl since forever.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWvY-ujuVw

How many QBs can make this throw? Only about 3 other dudes on the whole entire planet Earth.

Top Bottom