• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese magazine news (Platinum Games - lolz 2009, new DS CV, Ketsui DS)

batbeg

schuelma said:
I don't know where to put this, so I'll put it here. Gamespot was at the Platinum P.C apparently and have some more info on MadWorld:

"The developers said they aren't setting out to make a depraved or perversely violent game with Madworld, but rather a game focused on "fun," comical violence.

PlatinumGames said they felt the Wii was missing "such a game [as] Madworld," with many games on the platform being too similar to each other. A brief gameplay segment was shown at the announcement press conference in which the game's lead character, Jack, used a chainsaw--controlled with a flick of the Wii Remote--to slice up foes, and was able to perform finishing moves such as impaling them on a nearby spiked wall.

The game also features Bloodbath Challenge minigames. One demonstrated was called Man Darts, where the object was to splatter enemies onto a giant oversized dart board by swinging a baseball bat at the correct time. "

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190803.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6190803

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Holy shit. Man Darts? :lol

I hope this doesn't become too "detached" though, there's nothing I hate more than games going into a first person mode and having invisible arms or whatever. Hopefully it's all very nice and seamless. :)

duckroll

The write up was pretty good, except they typoed and said Mikami was directing Mad World right after saying that the fourth game by Mikami is under wraps.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
The write up was pretty good, except they typoed and said Mikami was directing Mad World right after saying that the fourth game by Mikami is under wraps.

Yeah that's why I didn't include that part :lol

Jonnyram

Couple of points that were not mentioned so far but may be of interest to a few gaffers...

Band Brothers DX:
When it launches, you'll be able to download a "Speaker Channel" on your Wii, from the Shopping Channel (no mention of price, should be free I guess, but you never know) which will allow your Band Brothers music to come through the TV. You can also upload your original compositions to a server for others to download. Lots of Wi-Fi Connection support, apparently.

Metal Gear Solid 4:
You can somehow get the Altair costume (seen in the Assassin Solid April Fool joke) and play as an assassin.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Couple of points that were not mentioned so far but may be of interest to a few gaffers...

Band Brothers DX:
When it launches, you'll be able to download a "Speaker Channel" on your Wii, from the Shopping Channel (no mention of price, should be free I guess, but you never know) which will allow your Band Brothers music to come through the TV. You can also upload your original compositions to a server for others to download. Lots of Wi-Fi Connection support, apparently.
That's fucking awesome!

Bring it over here this time NoA. :(

Jonnyram said:
Metal Gear Solid 4:
You can somehow get the Altair costume (seen in the Assassin Solid April Fool joke) and play as an assassin.
:lol

Jonnyram said:

Band Brothers DX:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Awesome

Not sure where to post that (a bunch of new/renewed trademarks from various Japanese companies) but given that chances are that some of these might pop-up in some Japanese mags in the coming months, I guess it wouldn't be totally inappropriate to post that here ->

Nintendo

商願2008-022178 大人のDSトレーニング (otona no DS training, aka Brain Training)
商願2008-022179 脳を鍛える大人のDSトレーニング (aka Brain Training 2)
商願2008-022180 WARIOLAND
商願2008-022181 WARIOWORLD

Sega

商願2008-020066 §いっしょに\ターボ\ドライブ ( (issho ni\Turbo\Drive)
商願2008-022473 ビジュアルスレッド (Visual Thread)
商願2008-022474 HedgehogEngine
商願2008-023413 三国志大戦演武場 (SanGokuShi Taisen Enbujou)
商願2008-024643 ドリームステージ (Dream Stage)

Square-Enix

商願2008-021331 ゲーム開発室 (apparently related to Project Game Brain)

Bandai-Namco

商願2008-019335 しゃべり!太鼓の達人(Shaberi ! Taiko no Tatsujin)
商願2008-019336 しゃべって!どんちゃん騒ぎ!!(Shabette ! Donchan Sawagi)
商願2008-020135 ウルトラコロシアム (Ultra Colosseum)
商願2008-020382 ラブハンターしずる (Love Hunter Shizuru)
商願2008-022138 すうたん (Suutan)
商願2008-023770 バトルユニバース\BATTLEUNIVERSE
商願2008-024664 しゃべる!∞太鼓の達人\もばいる (Shaberu ! Mugen Taiko no Tatsujin\Mobile)

Konami

商願2008-020031 遙かなる大地 (HarukaNaru Daichi)
商願2008-022670 RuriiroRinne\§るり色輪

SCE
商願2008-019518 ピポジャラ (Pipojara)
商願2008-019520 ぶらりコスプレ\旅っトロ!(Furari Cosplay)

Capcom

商願2008-019965 CAPCOM
商願2008-019966 KINGOFDRAGONS\キングオブドラゴンズ
商願2008-019967 SONSON
商願2008-019968 KNIGHTSOFTHEROUND\ナイツオブザラウンド
商願2008-019969 VULGUS\バルガス
商願2008-019970 戦場の狼 (Wolf of the Battlefield aka Commando)
商願2008-019971 GUNSMOKE\ガンスモーク
商願2008-019972 BATTLECIRCUIT\バトルサーキット
商願2008-019973 虎への道(Way of the Tiger)

Stormbringer said:
)

Capcom

商願2008-019965 CAPCOM
商願2008-019967 SONSON

What the heck is this?
Knights of the Round? King of Dragons? BATTLE CIRCUIT?

XBLA/PSN remakes?

Please be true...please...be...true...*collapses*

Stormbringer said:
Nintendo
商願2008-022180 WARIOLAND
商願2008-022181 WARIOWORLD

Sega
商願2008-022474 HedgehogEngine

......what?

Um, can you tell which are new and which are renewed? I mean, I'm trying to figure out what the Wario ones could possibly be, and it wouldn't make sense they'd have to renew them this quickly, right....?

batbeg said:
YES YES YES YES!! I made a thread a few months back asking what happened to this and nobody replied. Please still be alive!!
Indeed, it looks like this soft is fairly alive to me.

dark steve said:
......what?

Um, can you tell which are new and which are renewed? I mean, I'm trying to figure out what the Wario ones could possibly be, and it wouldn't make sense they'd have to renew them this quickly, right....?

Well, I'm not particularly well versed in the trademark registration process, but to answer your question...the "Hedgehog Engine" one is probably new given that it's the name of the recently announced graphical engine for Sonic Unleashed (HD version)... As for WarioWorld and Wario Land, it seems pretty obvious that they are renewed for a reason, including the possibility that Nintendo could have some upcoming plans involving these franchises...

batbeg

Blah, any idea why the games all look like this for me?

35hr2bd.png

I thought it was intentional at first, but I just doubt this more and more.

Daigoro

Stormbringer said:
Capcom

商願2008-019965 CAPCOM
商願2008-019967 SONSON

GunSmoke?!
Son Son?!
Vulgus?!!!

WTF!!!???

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stormbringer said:
Not sure where to post that (a bunch of new/renewed trademarks from various Japanese companies) but given that chances are that some of these might pop-up in some Japanese mags in the coming months, I guess it wouldn't be totally inappropriate to post that here ->

Nintendo

商願2008-022180 WARIOLAND
商願2008-022181 WARIOWORLD

I wonder if these are just generic renewals or if they're actually doing new Wario projects. Surfergirl had written that 4 Wario games were being worked on.

Stumpokapow said:
I wonder if these are just generic renewals or if they're actually doing new Wario projects. Surfergirl had written that 4 Wario games were being worked on.
Yup, that's what I was wondering as well. I guess we will get to know soon enough what's up with that.

batbeg said:
Blah, any idea why the games all look like this for me?

http://i28.tinypic.com/35hr2bd.png

I thought it was intentional at first, but I just doubt this more and more.

Sorry, no idea, it loads fine for me...Maybe a flash plugin issue ?

[edit] Haha, some of these games are pretty fun.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hopefully not another Bulletwitch. They should dump the glasses on the girl.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
dark steve said:
......what?

What else has Nintendo got left? :p

I've always been a fan of Wario's games, just skipped out on World and Master of Disguise because of reviews. :/

Hopefully these will bring him back to platforming glory.

Top Bottom