• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things Sega can't answer (Slide shown by Sega of America at MomoCon 2014)

Jcgamer60

Sega of America held a panel at MomoCon '14, and during their Q&A session they threw this slide up on the display monitors.

Source:
https://twitter.com/ShenmueFans/status/470128694561095680

10366271_10152187727322798_1715915029902606223_n.jpg

I should've gone to that panel. The Sega representatives at the convention were nice and seemed to be well-versed with the internet (and they were promoting Project Diva F as well!)

Blackage

It's Sega of America ...they can't answer any questions because their Japanese overlords don't deem them important enough to know! :p

Mesoian

So tey will answer every Yakuza question?
Michael-scott-no-god-no1.gif

And while those tweets above are needlessly harsh, Sega is notoriously terrible when it comes to managing their beloved IP's and talking to the public about them. This should be a pretty open indication that a smaller scale game using said IP's is what people want to spend money on.

They're hiding something I just freakin' know it.

"WE HAVE A NEW LINE OF PACHINKO MACHINES READY FOR 2015!!! GET HYPED!!!"

The sad realization is they probably don't have anything terribly amazing planned. A few more safe PC ventures, a couple publishing deals with european studioes, and a bunch of japan only stuff. Sega will continue to be sega.

Coxy

Well at least they know they're shit and useless. They listened to the fans!

but hey they can answer on Shenmue and Skies HD, tell us how you fucked that one up guys

I'm just going to assume they can't answer these because it will spoil E3. I can't wait until I get some Dreamcast 2 action.

Windforce

itshappeningisn't it.gif

Well, the fact they even acknowledge Shenmue in 3 questions is a good thing.
you Shenmue fans got it better than us Shining Force fans :(

kmax

Sega is a shit company with some great IP's. it's unfortunate that the company's so incompetent to do anything with pretty much any of them in the west.

Tizoc

"WE HAVE A NEW LINE OF PACHINKO MACHINES READY FOR 2015!!! GET HYPED!!!"

The sad realization is they probably don't have anything terribly amazing planned. A few more safe PC ventures, a couple publishing deals with european studioes, and a bunch of japan only stuff. Sega will continue to be sega.

Well they've been recovering fine so far, from a business stand point they ain't doing bad.
...but nope they're def. hiding something, unless you take into consideration that one time during an event or convention when a SEGA rep. said that Sonic was the original auto-runner game...

Well I had a good chuckle. Good to see they have a sense of humor, even if some of the projects are behind by years (and trust you me, I want PSO2 more than anyone, it's the only MMO series I can stand).

I would want them to answer about chromehounds!

FROM is a big name now, They can afford to re-release and ride the good will of FROM fame!

Mesoian

Well they've been recovering fine so far, from a business stand point they ain't doing bad.
...but nope they're def. hiding something, unless you take into consideration that one time during an event or convention when a SEGA rep. said that Sonic was the original auto-runner game...

I mean, yeah they have something announced, but it's not something that will make Sega fans happy. We know it's not Yakuza, we know it's not PS02 (or maybe it is, relic is still hiring up for an MMO originating from japan), we know it's not Shenmue or Skies or Shinobi.

The two best rumors that I've heard thus far have been Sega teaming with Nintendo for Nintendo Vs Sega All Star Racing, and PS02 coming to america. Beyond that...::shrugs::

It's not like we're getting another Jet Set Radio, we're not.

Top Bottom