• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Luckily Viz doesn't place stuff like GOTY stamps on their covers otherwise it really would implode

But there is that large ass number in the bottom-right corner that they used to put on all their series. Thankfully they stopped doing that for newer stuff, but the older stuff suffers for it thanks to "consistency"

Macmillan Koukou Joshi Koushiki Yakyuubu 01-02

A guy becomes the manager of a female baseball team and becomes the team's mom.

A silly 4koma. More baseball jokes and more the most feminine character in the series is the guy.

kasane

Luckily Viz doesn't place stuff like GOTY stamps on their covers otherwise it really would implode

One piece : Oscar worthy, over 9000 manga of the year awards, citizens kane of mangas, manga of the generation, 10/10 masterpiece, IGN: 11/10 was aight, Polygon 7/10 has a lower resolution than naruto, OXM: 0/10 not on xboxone

upandaway

One piece : Oscar worthy, over 9000 manga of the year awards, citizens kane of mangas, manga of the generation, 10/10 masterpiece, IGN: 11/10 was aight, Polygon 7/10 has a lower resolution than naruto, OXM: 0/10 not on xboxone
Mangaf: we removed it from our banner

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Raku pisses me off just existing in the same universe as Onodera. They're the worst and deserve each other. And of course Onodera's dream job is existing to please him.

To Aru Nichijou no Index-san 02

LTsqWgB.jpg

Trading a cat for pudding. Oh that silly Index-san.

upandaway

Gigantomakhia (just starting)

Well I guess it's about time I read something!

First impression: My little Chaika can't be this smart

bigkrev

Nisekoi 123

It's amazing how much other peoples lives revolve around how they think Raku perceives them. Some massive Gary Stu stuff.

upandaway

Gigantomakhia ch1

The Chaika vibes are strong haha. I like this. This setting seems waaaaaaaay too detailed to be dealt with in 7 chapters.

Akito

Ashita no Joe v15
Gee, talk about being grim dark, Joe mimicking Rikiishi aside, Kim's background story would even stand out in any story about war.

Nobelsse

Hmm not bad although he didn't last too long in it

crazy theory

what Muzaka lost was a human girl and child but the heart of that child is now in M-21

or more logical

due to frankenstein's help his body is starting to really adapt to the changes of the heart

Tower of God Workshop Battle End

Damn shit got crazier and crazier, alliances, betrayals, reunions, separations, plan a, plan b, plan c, etc this arc had everything.

Baam is now officially the most broken with the real thorn and his swagger is off the charts (going on a date with Androssi and not realizing? god tier lol). Cant imagine what will happen when Yuri gets wind of his survival haha

Great reunion with everyone (almost shed a tear when i saw Rak crying) and interesting back-stories got fleshed out for certain characters (even the main baddie) plus in true Tower of God fashion more interesting characters got introduced as well.

As expected Rachel is still getting help (*barf*) but it should be interesting how this story ultimately plays out since there are many floors left (and that is just the "conquered" floors) with crazy people on certain ones to deal with like Urek , Karaka, Yuri, Zahard Princess Koon, Gustang, Zahard and many more named.

Character Tier (in order)

Koon (Main)
Baam, Rak
Every member on both teams
Leroro, Quant
Yuri, Evan
Other Koons, Members of Koon other team
-
-

Rachel (garbage tier)

upandaway

Gigantomakhia ch4

That does not seem like it was fun to translate, haha.

Wouldn't be too opposed to all traveling lolis in these types of stories being able to produce healing pee

Nobelsse

crazy theory

what Muzaka lost was a human girl and child but the heart of that child is now in M-21

or more logical

due to frankenstein's help his body is starting to really adapt to the changes of the heart

Tower of God

Damn shit got crazier and crazier, alliances, betrayals, reunions, separations, plan a, plan b, plan c, etc this arc had everything.

Baam is now officially the most broken with the real thorn and his swagger is off the charts (going on a date with Androssi and not realizing? god tier lol). Cant imagine what will happen when Yuri gets wind of his survival haha

Great reunion with everyone (almost shed a tear when i saw Rak crying) and interesting back-stories got fleshed out for certain characters (even the main baddie) plus in true Tower of God fashion more interesting characters got introduced as well.

As expected Rachael is still getting help but it should be interesting how this story ulitmately plays out since there are many floors left (and that is just the "conquered" floors) with crazy people on certain ones to deal with like Urek , Karaka, Yuri, Zahard Princess Koon, Gustang, Zahard and many more named.

Character Tier List (in order)

Koon (Main)
Baam, Rak
Leroro, Quant
Other Koons
-
-

Rachel (garbage tier)

I would say the Franky option.

I should catch up on TOG. I have not read it for about 20 chapters.

survivor

Banned
Utsubora
Pretty good manga. Mystery thriller, but not told in a very straightforward manner so it makes it very entertaining to read, and makes it rereading it more fun to see few things I missed the first time. The writing jumps over a little into melodrama near the end with the key revelations are played out, but the way the story is presented makes up for some of the weaknesses. Nakamura's art is really great, the paneling and the characters design, really good stuff. It makes me wish she would draw some fantasy magical realism type of stories cause her art is perfect for that.

upandaway

Gigantomakhia (done)

Miura's stop motion art and spreads can be deceiving but this would have probably been something like a one-shot or first chapter or two in Jump. The story wasn't too far beyond what one-shots usually go for actually, although it was way more polished.

It sure had a healing pee loli though!

Akito

Ashita no Joe v16
Oh hey overbearing and insufferable Joe, long time no see. Nojiko dodged a fucking bullet by hooking up with Nishi.

Stulaw

Date A Origami 1-12

Funny little series of chibi versions of the first lot of Date A Live girls and Shido, Origami is convinced that she's Shido's girlfriend and stalks him, it includes the superior Robo-Origami and sometimes chibi Kurumi.

Kuroko's Basketball 1-10

Decided to start reading this and Haikyuu! Kuroko's off to a promising start but I've forgotten everyone elses names, there's tall spikey haired guy, glasses guy, the girl manager who analyses things with her eyes. I'll get used the the names.

Haikyuu!! 1-10

I like the main characters so far, Kageyama and Hinata make a great team but it would be boring if it was just them winning the matches all the time.

man recently there's been a lot of people I follow even outside of Manga GAF following/favouriting that Japanese ass girl

she's becoming a sensation
Japanese ass girl?

So, do you guys think Naruto has surpassed the Bleach verse in terms of power?

We have guys like Madara and Naruto that can outspeed teleporters, Naruto multiple Bijou Bomb Rasenshuriken can destroy the Soul Society 3 times over, Naruto can also react and hurt Limbo which is pretty much Ghosts while Sasuke can see them.

Or is the difference still too high?

LeleSocho

Banned
So, do you guys think Naruto has surpassed the Bleach verse in terms of power?

We have guys like Madara and Naruto that can outspeed teleporters, Naruto multiple Bijou Bomb Rasenshuriken can destroy the Soul Society 3 times over, Naruto can also react and hurt Limbo which is pretty much Ghosts while Sasuke can see them.

Or is the difference still too high?

Naruto wins

Revo

UQ Holder 36

Props to UQ Holder for using 'that' then explaining what it is next page. Interesting twist as well.

Nobelsse

crazy theory

or more logical

Tower of God Workshop Battle End

As expected Rachel is still getting help (*barf*) but it should be interesting how this story ultimately plays out since there are many floors left (and that is just the "conquered" floors) with crazy people on certain ones to deal with like Urek , Karaka, Yuri, Zahard Princess Koon, Gustang, Zahard and many more named.

Character Tier (in order)

Koon (Main)
Baam, Rak
Leroro, Quant
Yuri, Evan
Other Koons, Members of Koon other team
-
-

Rachel (garbage tier)

Now we wait until part 3

Status