• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 26-June 1 | Thank you, Keits

Kumubou

Whoa, what kind of difference are we talking about? Would it help systems that aren't CPU constrained?
It's a huge improvement on both my HTPC (which is hilariously CPU-bound at times) and my main PC (which isn't). 60fps streams actually show up properly now. Twitch's Flash viewer is assssssssss.

MrDaravon

Unfortunately it seems it just takes the criteria of the other guy searching. So if they have 'any rank' they can find you.

I seem to get a lot of newbie hunters. =(

That's...unfortunate lol. It'd be fine if you could at least see PP or something like you can in Endless. That kinda sucks. I lost like, 1 BP/PP since his rank was so high and I stopped caring about my W/L ratio forever ago so whatever, but still just annoying.

I apologize for the slight derail (but seriously, put_q_in_evo), but quick AE online question. If you create a lobby in Ranked, shouldn't you still only get people coming in that are at equal skill level or lower, just like how if you are searching you can only opt to select opponents at your skill level or higher? I just barely hit rank C and created a lobby, and in ranked lobbies you apparently can't see BP or rank as far as I can tell. Match starts and it's the #6 Yun in the world who I actually recognize by name. It went as well as expected, but shouldn't that kinda not happen?

Same. We have like zero money right now (I'm even going to have to wait on Ultra) but later next month I can pitch in a bit if it's still needed.
Well it happens to the opposite side too when someone wants to gain more player points at higher levels but end up facing people with low player points. Capcom really should allow you to be matched up with these people instead of the one sided search for players of same skill or greater..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's a huge improvement on both my HTPC (which is hilariously CPU-bound at times) and my main PC (which isn't). 60fps streams actually show up properly now. Twitch's Flash viewer is assssssssss.
Glad you guys mentioned this, then! I'll definitely check it out.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The very first thing to do in these types of situations is to figure out the estimated total, going over a little just in case. Then confirm the number of people willing to chip in. And from there divide the total amongst the number of people and figure out the required amount a single person can throw in. I'm pretty sure there is a good number of people willing to chip in so nobody has to throw in a huge amount of money but that being said I can throw in any amount.

onionfrog

There's a compiled binary for Windows, you goof. Just install it and then open up a command prompt and enter "livestreamer <stream URL> <quality (just enter best unless you have no bandwidth)>"

• Install VLC.
  • Download Livestreamer (I prefer the ZIP, since I put it in an easy-to-type directory.)
  • On the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd) type:
    Code:
    PATH_TO_LIVESTREAMER\livestreamer.exe twitch.tv\STREAM_NAME_HERE best
  • Enjoy way smoother streams.
Thanks guys, I'll try to get this set up right now.

Kalamari

please give me links as to where i can download and how the hell i do this witchcraft? i use vlc so that parts done.

Man, this is some next level stream monster shit, you're gonna love this.

Read these instructions:

http://quickybaby.com/technical-support/(guide)-better-twitch-tv-stream/

Download livestreamer from here:

https://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer/releases

btw, this is what worked for me on windows 7

Oops, wrong link for instructions, fixed it. Also, I saved the text file using .bat and used the "all files" option.

• Install VLC.
  • Download Livestreamer (I prefer the ZIP, since I put it in an easy-to-type directory.)
  • On the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd) type:
    Code:
    PATH_TO_LIVESTREAMER\livestreamer.exe twitch.tv\STREAM_NAME_HERE best
  • Enjoy way smoother streams.

The installer for Livestreamer adds livestreamer to PATH, or you can do it yourself. Doing so means you just type "livestreamer www.twitch.tv/pr_balrog best" and you get whatever stream you want.

HANDY COMMAND LINE TIP: Hold ctrl+up to go back through your command history. If you close out of a stream and want to re-open it, this makes it super fast.

Oh, and you can also watch archived videos via Livestreamer, but there's no functionality to seek certain times in the VOD.

MrDaravon

Man, this is some next level stream monster shit, you're gonna love this.

Totally lost my shit reading this line.

I'm going to have to check this out; to be honest usually when I'm watching twitch now I'm using the 360 app on the TV while playing Diablo or whatever on the computer, but for when I'm watching on the PC this seems like a good solution.

.la1n

I can manage 20 bucks for Q if you want to add me to the list, don't mind just doing a direct paypal.

It's best at level 2 so you get max distance and speed with it. Watching videos of pro Bullets catch people off guard with it is hilarious
I'm gonna mess around with this for sure.

Also twitch through VLC? So gonna mess with that too, tired of twitch being laggy when it shouldn't be :V

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh man, Bum is streaming in 60fps. Mmmmm.

I will say that I don't like that this gives Twitch no ad money at all. If I could have Livestreamer whilst giving Twitch ad money I'd be happy.
Yeah, I get that. I'm not an internet nihilist who is offended by the existence of ads, but if I can't even watch what is offered then what's the point?

Kumubou

i typed in source for quality, im assuming best and source are the same thing.
Almost -- on Twitch, Source is the best quality available, but Best will give you the best feed available, whereas if Source isn't available and you enter that, it'll error out. It also supports streams from other sources (like Hitbox, Azubu or mlg.tv).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'll be closer to 10:30

blargh! ill probably be available for only half an hour to an hour since im preparing for a trip. lets see if we can get some sets in then.

HOLLY SHIT livestreamer is amazing! love you guys! got it working fine on my windows 7

now life is complete horseman.

Almost -- on Twitch, Source is the best quality available, but Best will give you the best feed available, whereas if Source isn't available and you enter that, it'll error out. It also supports streams from other sources (like Hitbox, Azubu or mlg.tv).

dont know what azubu is but i like it! so much power in my hands!

Shouta

as I said I'll compile a list later on tonight if you can either post in the thread or send me a PM I can put you down for whatever amount you think you can help chip in for. as long as we have enough people to cover the cost of the trip I can go ahead and pay ahead to secure the tickets. then we can figure out how to gather the money afterwards.

if we can get a little extra it would be nice to rent a q an electric wheelchair so he's more mobile in Las Vegas by himself

Yeah, I get that. I'm not an internet nihilist who is offended by the existence of ads, but if I can't even watch what is offered then what's the point?

I see that. I guess if I end up getting heavy use out of Livestreamer I will subscribe to Turbo to support Twitch anyway.

Just wanted to mention how good Jay Viscant was at commentating Marvel. Very entertaining and informative. More events should have him for commentator IMHO.

Even thought he had a 55 loss streak, he still keeps on playing

jcRd3zJ.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
it actually is blondeguystreamingfornoreason man

Que?

Holy shit. Also that username.

its almost as if it was planned out.

Also for commentary, I honestly believe Smash has the best commentators, they always know what they're talking about! At least the one's where vgbc is streaming. For Marvel, the one time Marlinpie and ChrisG commentated at next level was godlike, they knew what they were saying and provided insight for the matches. If commentating is going to be done, leave it to the pros or retired pros like Seth Killian or UltraDavid/UltraChen.

When's the deadline to contribute to Operation EVO-Q? I want to toss in some cash, but need to get a few other things sorted out in the short term.

Top Bottom