• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
lol if the Bears go to the Super Bowl I'll wear whatever awful avatar you guys can come up with for an entire offseason

Just from a quick (way too early) post draft reaction, I'd say the Niners are the most talented team in the league.

6 games against playoff teams from last year + 4 games against Arizona and STL will be tough though.

Eleuin

If the niners don't get it done this year they'll never get it done with this core
More talented than every other team overall

Levels? He was expecting some resistance but it looks like Lee was already going down. I'm sure this is about to get blown way out of proportion. Time to pop some kernels.

Shazier did throw Pouncey to the ground today, as reported by Pouncey.

Also,

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 33m

Herm Edwards Super Bowl XLIX prediction (May 2014 version) @TBBuccaneers vs @Steelers

Black Bowl? Eznark might not even watch.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm so sure of myself that I'll say the Bears won't go to the Super Bowl for the next five seasons (or until after Cutler is gone whichever is sooner).

Bears are a joke of a franchise with a coach from the CFL.

Book it.

Godslay

Banned
We could turn him into a cyborg.

The data transfer process is already happening. Peyton has fully 'docked' with Os and Dysert. Once his body dies, the remaining two will fight to the death until one is victorious and the rightful heir to the Gibson Supercomputer contained within Peyton's massive fivehead. We can keep the information alive, but we don't have the technology to keep the body alive.

ShaneB

The data transfer process is already happening. Peyton has fully 'docked' with Os and Dysert. Once his body dies, the remaining two will fight to the death until one is victorious and the rightful heir to the Gibson Supercomputer contained within Peyton's massive fivehead. We can keep the information alive, but we don't have the technology to keep the body alive.

ibpD9PDEbwlILr.gif

This is why I miss you.

Godslay

Banned

That Bronco fan knows what's up. Face of determination. What you don't know is that his basement is a lab, harvesting 3D printed body parts to attempt to let Peyton live forever. He tried to preserve Elway in a similar fashion, but the technology was too immature. Plus it was hard to get enough electricity to run the equipment back then because Shanahan's tanning booth was down there. Coach get what coach wants I guess.

This is why I miss you.

It's the only logical explanation. Just like Win XP, even Peyton will get fazed out.

Levels? He was expecting some resistance but it looks like Lee was already going down. I'm sure this is about to get blown way out of proportion. Time to pop some kernels.
Thats right, I said levels and you'll just have to like it!

Seriously though hard to blame the kid for being aggressive.

In further terrible news:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 1m
Try that again: Bears WR Domenik Hixon announced on Facebook he tore his ACL today. That's the 3rd time for him. Awful.

:( Hixon is a good dude and was well liked in the Giants locker room. Hate to see that happen to him. He's announced his retirement on twitter:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 3m
Hixon also indicates in his post he will retire from the NFL after eight seasons and a Super Bowl ring with the Giants.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm so sure of myself that I'll say the Bears won't go to the Super Bowl for the next five seasons (or until after Cutler is gone whichever is sooner).

Bears are a joke of a franchise with a coach from the CFL.

Book it.

Are you proposing a five year avatar bet?

I definitely don't see it that way. The NFCW at least still feels wide open to me, the Cardinals and Rams feel like complete wild cards in how they could perform this season, and it feels like so many NFC teams have gotten so much better.

Name one. Russ is going to be incredible this year with a full year of Harvin and the defense will be just as good.

Striker

Sucks to hear about Hixon. Seems like he and Terrell Thomas were always getting those damn ACL tears. Good career regardless and he gets two rings.

Also lol'd at Herm's prediction.

Name one. Russ is going to be incredible this year with a full year of Harvin and the defense will be just as good.

Falcons and Bucs got better
Packers get better just by virtue of not having Aaron Rodgers on the sideline for half the year
Giants and Redskins got better
Rams and Niners got better

Bears, Saints, Eagles, Cardinals will probably be as good as they were last year
Vikings and Cowboys are non-factors
Lions are a complete and total wildcard

The only team I can say definitively regressed is probably the Panthers. But that defense will still make games dogfights

ShaneB

That guy watched the whole Super Bowl in the living room instead of in the basement.

Make sure yall send him a Christmas card

I'll be sending him a case of his favourite bear!

That Bronco fan knows what's up. Face of determination. What you don't know is that his basement is a lab, harvesting 3D printed body parts to attempt to let Peyton live forever. He tried to preserve Elway in a similar fashion, but the technology was too immature. Plus it was hard to get enough electricity to run the equipment back then because Shanahan's tanning booth was down there. Coach get what coach wants I guess.

You're alright Godslay =)

The Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Lions, Packers, Falcons, Saints, Bucs all could be contenders outside of the NFCW, which is just a terrifying division to be playing.

But I'm always an optimist, and the offseason is when all teams look terrific, and it feels wide open right now. edit: What Mr Grover said as well, I have no idea what the Panthers could be like.

Surprised Collision Low Crossers is almost $30 on amazon, still plan to read it this summer though.

Yeah, it's on my to-read list soon I think. Itching to get back to a Football read.

If the niners don't get it done this year they'll never get it done with this core
More talented than every other team overall

pretty much. and i don't know that it will happen. there is too much unhappiness with contracts on the team. kap, crabtree, aldon, iupati unsigned to long term deals. staley, boone, VD being underpaid. gore is a lame duck RB for one more year. then you get into the questions on our CB's. even in years where everything is great on paper you have a very slim chance to win a superbowl because everything needs to fall in place. add the issues we have to that uncertainty and it will be even more difficult!

only my boy blame can save us now. but WILL he?!

Top Bottom