• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Baby Steps 222

Eiichiro playing "by instinct" still involves 4 different analytical options.
KuGsj.gif

Revo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Vol 54

Baby Face was interesting but the creation was so creepy. Gold experience is so OP but I'm glad there won't be any more Baby Faces.

i'll watch the HxH bet from the sidelines and laugh (once nisekoi avatars were known as the "prize" i bailed out).

HxH

plus why is everyone said Ging punched i dude when he really didn't.

his intent though, holy fuck.

i'll watch the HxH bet from the sidelines and laugh (once nisekoi avatars were known as the "prize" i bailed out).

HxH

plus why is everyone said Ging punched i dude when he really didn't.

his intent though, holy fuck.

Ging isn't really a "good guy", right? He's an ass who knows he is strong and don't have a problem of using his power to get what he wants.
Truly father of the year material.

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Finished!

This manga is, let's be honest for a moment here, all about Yuuko. The main plot is about her, even in the episodic chapters about other people you learn a mystery about her or there is a theme in the chapter that can be applied to her, the other three main characters are a humorous sidekick, Kirie, and a protagonist ready for the readers to self-insert in the story, so 2 of 3 are bland and perfunctory.
Thanks god she is a little miracle of the universe. What a better way to celebrate the end posting Yuukos!

We have mischievous Yuuko
zznSDgO.png

Moe-clumsy Yuuko
8rvwi6v.png

Nice Yuuko
qCCZRuc.png

Cajun-grade moe Yuuko
2FYJl2Q.png

And for last, NSFW daring Yuuko
http://i.imgur.com/SKgS76n.png
(this one without img tags...)

More seriously,
it was a decent-good series. Overall I liked the mix of comedy, mystery, romance with a bit of fanservice, and a bit of drama. I also liked how the episodic mysteries that maybe had other secondary characters in the focus still served to the main narrative as explained before, or they build up in the seven mysteries or some of the emotions or situations that presented also applied to her.
It could have been better. The starting romance is non-existent, since the first chapter she is all over him. Which in a way I liked because I'm tired of bullshit slow romances in mangas but 4-5 chapters where they fall in love with each other more naturally would have been better. In the middle of the story they play a with a bait and switch and cop-outs, two times it seems she has gained something important from her Shadow but at the next chapter it seems ignored or she actually pulled back in the last moment. And as explained before, Teichii is well intentioned, but bland and super beta. God i wanted to kick his ass a few times. In other words, the standard shonen protag.
At the end, It was a surprise that the sister killed Yuuko. I imagined the sister would have been offered in sacrifice but Yuuko being so good would have offered herself to save her even if she didn't believe in the traditions. But no, it was the grandma. My blood boiled a bit with the scene. And what a horrorific way to die, alone in darkness, a broken leg, and dying of malnutrition. Fuck her.

Charade

you'll ruin his secret

muahahaha

Marginal Operation 1

A 30 years old Japanese NEET joins a PMC in the middle east and becomes the handler of some soldiers.

A pretty good start, albeit slow. The translation was a bit stilted (sometimes I felt like the actual English in the manga read better than the translated Japanese), but I could still understand what was going on.
There's also a female elf gaijin otaku from the US!

Revo

GTO Paradise Lost 2

Everyone looks so weird. Is that to show 2 years have past? Because it's seriously putting me off.

6ZNFTd5.png

3AXi1YA.png

Bleach 584

3rd week in a row with Giselle being the only entertaining part about reading Bleach.

I've already accepted the fact that I'm going to miss her when she's gone.

Charade

Citrus 10

Man, they're really pushing the "sister" thing hard. And oh god at that end...here comes another dose of super-drama...

upandaway

Pink de Pink

I'm sorry. I don't know what I expected. Please let me go. A sacrifice of 10 minutes of my time is surely enough to appease the lain god, I beg of you.

upandaway

Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs ch1-2

Woo, scored another nice one. Can't have enough good countryside SoLs. Nice atmosphere too. I like Flying Witch more but I still really like this.

They had me the the second I saw her looking for a cab, going up to one, and seeing the driver snoozing away, haha. All the hot springs and getting to know the town stuff sound great too.

Devils and Realist v1

Fantastic read just as hilarious and amazing as the anime with precious WIlliam Twining and the Twining obsessed Dantelion, Sytry, and Isaac too. Action moments were great along with many of the close scenes (that near implied kiss from Dantelion and Solomon).

Favorite seven seas purchase.

scy

Maga-Tsuki 36 -

I want to be happy for Akari but I know this is going to end up disappointing somehow. However, he still doesn't know how the soul transfer works? TELL HIM ALREADY. GET IT OVER WITH.

Edit: oh right, more gender bending happened and the whole cliffhanger from last chapter was basically ... that nothing has happened. Since the solution was to "teach" him about dating, I imagine Akari's date with him will hopefully trigger some sort of brilliance but I fucking doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom