• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Yeah.. most viewers can't even remember the main characters' names. hehe

Lancel will confess to the affair that he had with his cousin. That should jog people's memories a bit and give Jaime reason to get angry at Cersei.

I'll always remember Lancel for his scenes with King Robert. Excellent.

Snake

Is Alliser Thorne dead? I didn't see him on the pyre, so I assume in the TV show he has merely been wounded and is recuperating?

I'm guessing Alliser is going to be out of commission for a while, to prevent him from running for Lord Commander, thereby making Jon more of a believable option to settle on. Then he'll return with his wounds mended after that arc has played out and either take Bowen Marsh's place or maintain a more moderate anti-Snow position.

Qyburn spilling that he's going Dr Frankenstein on the Mountain kind of kills the mystique of what it is he actually does with all the people he gets sent to him. Should have left that ambiguous

Macmanus

Then he'll return with his wounds mended after that arc has played out and either take Bowen Marsh's place or maintain a more moderate anti-Snow position.

D&D turn him full babyface after Thorn declares Jon Snow the most fit Lord Commander only to brutally mutilate him next episode - if not the very same.

Or they do something cool like replace Master Cressen's role with Thorn some how.

Edit: Actually I bet it's a combo of both your scenarios.

Vm7vt8e.jpg

Content Roundup: The Children

Reviews and Recaps:
AV Club (experts)
AV Club (newbies)
Alan Sepinwall (Hitfix) Review
Andy Greenwald (Grantland) Recap
Rolling Stone Recap
IGN Review
TIME Recap
The Guardian Recap
James Hibberd (EW) Recap
Washington Post Review
Huffington Post thoughts
The Hollywood Reporter Recap
WiC.net Recap (book spoilers)
WiC.net Recap (unsullied)

HBO Content:
HBO Viewers Guide
Inside the Episode
GRRM talks "Why Stannis Attacks the Wildlings"
Cast talks "Brienne vs. The Hound"
Clip: Arya Meets Brienne
Clip: Tyrion's Escape
Interview: Maisie Williams

Interviews & Other Content:
EW: GRRM talks Tryion's murderous turn
EW: Gwendoline Christie talks brutal fight scene
THR: Sibel Kekilli on emotional finale
THR: Director Alex Graves on finale shockers and the 'dark place' season 5 is headed
THR: Benioff and Weiss on 'cruel' finale, season 5 plans
EW: Benioff and Weiss on season 4 finale twists
AV Club: Game of Thrones became a mixtape of big moments in its fourth season
Hitfix: 15 most memorable moments from season 4

Ratings: Season 4 finishes with 7.1 million viewers on initial viewing
Emmy Submissions: HBO's Emmy submissions for Game of Thrones

The post will be linked in the OP.

Chuckie

It had a lot of great scenes, but I do feel they botched a lot of things. I'll post detailed impressions when I have more time.

WHAT I EXPECTED:
YiaJR.jpg

WHAT I GOT:
tumblr_mhux84HR6E1rs778vo1_1280.png

Hahaha. This is exactly how I felt.
I thought the Bloodraven reveal was one of the creepiest parts of the books... so I was really looking forward to it... in my mind I was like "teehee...I hope my wife thinks he is creepy and gross and scary" and then.... it was just some grandpa in a tree...and not a single fuck was given by my wife.

Speevy

Banned
I think they have to create characters that can exist in more than one scene, independent of CG.

This show has never had much of a flair for the artistic.

Chuckie

I think they have to create characters that can exist in more than one scene, independent of CG.

This show has never had much of a flair for the artistic.

They can make Others, the Nights King, but not Bloodraven? Dude doesn't even move.

Speevy

Banned
I'm of the opinion that although Jaime's revelation is extremely important to Tyrion's story in the books, you're not really thinking about the logistics of Tyrion's safety in the books.

They would have had to make the scene considerably longer to accommodate the Tysha bit

Then Tyrion rips out his brother's heart and ruins the incestuous relationship between he and Cersei.

I think that's a very well written scene in the books, but it's just too much for a jail break scene. If we're thinking that Tyrion has all the time in the world to talk about this or that, there's no suspense.

More importantly however, the showrunners clearly feel conflicted about this very issue, hence Jaime's look of reluctance and shame to Tyrions gratitude.

If D&D want Tyrion's last memory of his brother to be a happy one, that's not such a bad thing. He's gone through enough turmoil with his now former family.

iamblades

I'm of the opinion that although Jaime's revelation is extremely important to Tyrion's story in the books, you're not really thinking about the logistics of Tyrion's safety in the books.

They would have had to make the scene considerably longer to accommodate the Tysha bit

Then Tyrion rips out his brother's heart and ruins the incestuous relationship between he and Cersei.

I think that's a very well written scene in the books, but it's just too much for a jail break scene. If we're thinking that Tyrion has all the time in the world to talk about this or that, there's no suspense.

More importantly however, the showrunners clearly feel conflicted about this very issue, hence Jaime's look of reluctance and shame to Tyrions gratitude.

If D&D want Tyrion's last memory of his brother to be a happy one, that's not such a bad thing. He's gone through enough turmoil with his now former family.

That's the whole point with Tyrion going forward.

He is alone and lost in the world, and truly has no one. Halfassing it with a sappy sweet ending to that relationship just destroys the emotional impact of what Tyrion has been through, and is completely out of character with how the rest of the show has been.

Log4Girlz

Lady Stoneheart is not a developed character. She kills people for revenge. This is possibly the most over-represented plot device in the entire story.

Arya wants revenge.
Oberyn wants revenge.
Robb wants revenge.
Yara wants revenge.
Stannis wants revenge.

All of these characters have one thing in common. I care about them. I don't care about a grotesque monster who does nothing but hang people from trees.

More to the point, GRRM's characters don't like Stoneheart either. Robb would probably want his mother to rest in peace, as would Ned.

I think the books just have LSH as a sign that the gods don't fuck around and will punish shit like the red wedding.

Loofy

For some reason I hate how they drop their swords in alot fhe fights.
Jon snow uses a hammer to kill that thenn.
Brienne uses a rock to beat the hound.

Obscured

Finally got to the finale. Pretty good, but like others have already stated, they make some weird choices sometimes. Overall I liked this season and as always it went by too fast.

Main things I liked -
How they moved along Bran and Friends, but seems weird that they killed off Jojen like that. I mean if you are going to have a tween throwing fireballs anyway just have her show up a minute sooner.

Jaime's redemption arc was a bit one step forward and two back but I liked the Jamie and Tyrion show. In fact most Lannister interactions were pretty good, except Cersie and Jamie, I feel like they flubbed that a bit.

Fights this season were pretty good except Jon needing help taking down Karl.

Oberyn. Just everything. Can we get a prequel series that just follows his previous exploits?

Obviously out skeletons with swords technology has reached a point we can have the Sinbad the Sailor movie the world has been aching for.

And the not so great -
You kill the Mountain. He writhes in agony for days with pain so intense none can sleep within earshot. You cut off his head and have it sent to Dorne. And then you bring him back. The path they are going down steals some thunder there and I'm not seeing a great reason why.

Where is Val? It seems like they are dropping that story thread. Nobody has talked about King's blood for a bit so I think that just all goes away.

Iron born... more like iron bored, am I right? Hello, is this thing on? But seriously, not even sure what is going on there.

Littlefinger leaving something up to fate. That guy always has a plan. They could have even done the scene very similar, just not that he would put himself at the mercy of what Sansa would do.

Speevy

Banned
That's the whole point with Tyrion going forward.

He is alone and lost in the world, and truly has no one. Halfassing it with a sappy sweet ending to that relationship just destroys the emotional impact of what Tyrion has been through, and is completely out of character with how the rest of the show has been.

Yeah it may have been sappy, but Jaime has been there to comfort Tyrion through this whole season.

Hear me out. If Tyrion and Shae are both basically good people, then surely killing her is enough of a punishment on the show.

Everyone who describes this book says Shae slept around, and Tyrionis not nearly the heart of gold character we see portrayed by Peter Dinklage.

Tyrion feels alone in the world because everyone has always rejected him.

We can't hear Tyrion's inner monologue about regretting what he just said to Jaime, and no one he's likely to meet will be interested in this story.

I know it's sacrilege to change this scene, but I still think they can make a great Tyrion story next season.

Speevy

Banned
I want to hear someone else's interpretation of the SHOW Arya leaving The Hound behind.

Do you think she lacked compassion for him? Rejected his lessons? Refused to kill him out of respect?

I'm only asking this because people are just straight calling Arya heartless.

I hope Arya smiles again, even if it's just after killing someone.

f0lken

It just occurred to me how they can introduce Stoneheart in the 5th season:

-Obviously Brienne will be wandering around searching for Arya.
-They start hearing about the brotherhood without banners and how they are hanging Freys in vengeance for the Red Wedding.
-A monologue scene of Thoros establish that they are doing it in the name of the Starks
-Brienne and Pod think that the BWB are so loyal to the Starks that they go after them so they can help them search for Arya.
-The connection between Brienne and Jaime will be made by Thoros who then will capture her and Pod and...
-We will see the Bran's professor Xavier training that will take us to a flashback of Nymeria in the river and how Beric and the BWB found Catelyn, people will freak out, book readers will think "This is it, this is it", and unsullied wil think "Oh no, they didn´t, omg what is happenning" because the immediate next scene is.
-"We got the bitch of Jaime Lannister, Lady Stoneheart"

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
(edit: replying to Speevy, should have quoted)
I thought it was really ice-cold of her. In the books it's different, she hasn't spent that much time with him and still hated him and he hadn't really done much to help her (beyond getting Needle back but it wasn't out of altruism on his part). So it wasn't as cruel of her to leave him to die like that.

In the show it's different. They almost bonded, in a way, and there really was no reason for Arya to refuse him the gift of mercy.

Szeth

So Lena Headey did an interview.
Speaking of your Instagram, a lot of people pointed to another photo you posted and thought it gave away the arrival of another character this season. Turns out it didn’t.

My stone heart! That was in Palm Springs and I found these stones and thought, “Oh, I’ll make a heart,” and I couldn’t believe people were freaking out about it.

The fact that this actually was a coincidence is fucking hysterical. Unless she's lying here, but that wouldn't really make sense. It's just such a crazy coincidence, lol.

Log4Girlz

So Lena Headey did an interview.

The fact that this actually was a coincidence is fucking hysterical. Unless she's lying here, but that wouldn't really make sense. It's just such a crazy coincidence, lol.

Queen of trolls

Also, its weird that they went out of their way to discuss the Rat Cook story and not have some real, genuine holy reckoning for the red wedding.

Chuckie

I thought it was really ice-cold of her. In the books it's different, she hasn't spent that much time with him and still hated him and he hadn't really done much to help her (beyond getting Needle back but it wasn't out of altruism on his part). So it wasn't as cruel of her to leave him to die like that.

In the show it's different. They almost bonded, in a way, and there really was no reason for Arya to refuse him the gift of mercy.

I totally agree with this. In the book I understood it but actually thought: Kill him (not for mercy but to be sure), otherwise that shit might come back to you later.

I the show I felt sad for him. My wife (not a book reader) was saying: Why?...Why does she leave him like that ;__;

Log4Girlz

You would really need to change things up to delete LSH, Brienne has to do something quite different and never lead Jaime to her, which changes Jaime's story quite a bit as well. It seems they will, but if they have a change of heart, well Brienne insisting to Arya a holy oath to her mother would tie into her mother being miraculously un-alive later,

Turin

Banned
Fights this season were pretty good except Jon needing help taking down Karl.

I think beating the Magnar made up for that. The point was him learning from mistakes.

My Random Top 5 fights list:

1) Jon vs. Styr

2) Bronn vs. Vardis

3) The Hound vs. Beric

4) Oberyn vs. the Mountain

5) Brienne vs. The Hound

Honorable Mention: Jaime jamming a dagger in Jory's eye. The only proper display of his fighting prowess this show has had.

You would really need to change things up to delete LSH, Brienne has to do something quite different and never lead Jaime to her, which changes Jaime's story quite a bit as well. It seems they will, but if they have a change of heart, well Brienne insisting to Arya a holy oath to her mother would tie into her mother being miraculously un-alive later,

That's the problem though. They only care about the now. Just like with Littlefingers trial, they'll cut it today and give us some bullshit filler to connect the dots tomorrow.

Well Jaime is apparently going to Dorne already and I have my doubts as to how much of the Riverland siege plotlines will make it in. Changes are coming and will only get more serious as this goes on. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they completely rewrite Jaime and Brienne ultimate fates.

Ambient80

Just wondering, did anyone else feel like Lena Headey absolutely killed it in the finale? I thought her scenes with Tywin and Jaime were both excellent. Some of the best acting she has done on the show.

Just wondering, did anyone else feel like Lena Headey absolutely killed it in the finale? I thought her scenes with Tywin and Jaime were both excellent. Some of the best acting she has done on the show.

I agree. Then again I'm the outlier who thought the show original scenes with Cersei and Brienne/Arya/Hound were actually some of the best parts of the episode and that the Tyrion scenes were rushed and underwhelming.

Lach

Damn! I somehow didn't make the Bloodraven connection when reading the book. But I'm currently reading the Dunk'n'Egg tales so my mind was completly blown!

Eidan

He still killed the butcher's boy. Even expressed a desire to rape her sister. I feel that Arya did form a bond with the Hound, and because of that she didn't want to kill him, but she also wanted to punish him. So refusing him the gift of mercy was a punishment. Which in itself was strangely merciful. I thought it worked fine.

Moff

I think she made always clear that she still hated his guts, in pretty much every scene she's in.
any way its good to see her becoming an ice cold killer.

I definitely see her becoming the shows greates accomplishment, arya will probably be the one most memorable character when the show is long off air.

not only did GRRM give her a great character and story arc, maisie williams is also a great actress. but the one thing that will make her journey epic is that we actually see that girl grow older in the show. I'm really looking forward to that the most, I can imagine its going to be pretty amazing.

You can see her becoming steadily more unhinged. Really can't wait for her nutjob AFFC phase.

Obscured

I think beating the Magnar made up for that. The point was him learning from mistakes.

My Random Top 5 fights list:

1) Jon vs. Styr

2) Bronn vs. Vardis

3) The Hound vs. Beric

4) Oberyn vs. the Mountain

5) Brienne vs. The Hound

Honorable Mention: Jaime jamming a dagger in Jory's eye. The only proper display of his fighting prowess this show has had.

That's true and really after seeing that Jon can take an anvil to the face he probably would have been fine without the help. It was fine they were showing him learn that lesson, just felt like one he should have learned earlier with the wildlings.

Forkball

JJjJIz8.png

My rundown of the best and worst episode of all time.

+A lot of people criticize Mance's portrayal, but I think it is effective in the show. He is shown as a cultured and sympathetic leader. I've enjoyed all of his scenes thus far and I think he has chemistry with Jon.
+STANNIS. I loved the contrast between Stannis' well-trained army and the chaos of the wildlings. I know a lot of us were looking forward to this scene and I think they pulled it off as best as it could have been (minus the chant). I can't wait for more Stannis/Jon scenes. "You're talking to the one true king, BOY." Davos doesn't care if you're Azor Ahai you're gonna get #REKT. Mel was also undressing Jon with her eyes.
+I know we are all complaining about all non-book scenes that got in the way of Stoneheart, but I liked Jon's talk with Tormund and Ygritte's Vader funeral. A very strong and memorable way to end her story.
+Pycelle is so underrated. I liked that they are building up to Robert Strong and Cersei's like in Qyburn. It should be interesting to see how crazy that guy gets next year. I do admit that lab looked like it was straight out of a Frankenstein movie.
+Dany's scene was a great way to introduce the cultural conflict happening in Meereen. The man wanting to be a slave reminded me of Xaro's story in the same book, except here it's more direct. It adds more complexity to Dany's rampage through slaveland. Also the scene where she locks up the dragons was pretty emotional. But why is the BLACK dragon always the one to kill people hmm?
+How does The Hound get all the good fights? The fight between Brienne and the Hound was brutal. No chivalric combat here, just two people trying to kill each other by any means. The Hound is such a great character in the show. Some people are saying that Arya wasn't justified leaving the Hound like that, but I thought it had a solid buildup with her still harboring past resentment and recent events like him stealing from that family. CLEGANEBOWL INCOMING.
+I'm half and half on Tyrion's escape, so here's the good half. The wide shot of Tyrion with a strangled Shae was very sad and haunting. The scene where Tyrion has Tywin on the pot was also very well done, though book Tywin was more defiant even until the end. We don't get "wherever whores go" but "are you scared of a dead whore?" is still a pretty good line.

-THE WHITE BOOK. Why is no one complaining about this? THE WHITE BOOK is one of the best chapters in the entire series and is a perfect way to end Jaime's book 1-3 arc. They might be building up to it slowly, but him just pushing it aside seems such out of character. I feel like they have completely neutered Jaime's development in some way when it is one of the best arcs in the entire series. THE WHITE BOOK.
-Bran vs. the skeleton army was straight up redonkulous. First of all... SKELETONS? Skeletons are never, ever, ever scary and look stupid in movies and video games 100% of the time. Not to mention there was literally a damn army of them hiding underneath the snow. They wasted their CGI money on this? And for a show that is very aesthetically creative, they could not have botched CotF and Bloodraven's look more than they did. That kid looks like she was hanging out with Rufio in Hook. Bloodraven looks like Santa Claus in a tree. I was half-expecting him to lecture Bran on the meaning of Christmas. And the CoTF is chuckin' plasma grenades like she's on Snowbound. Don't even tell me, "but CGI is hard!" they could easily make them look better with practical effects and makeup. JUST GLUE A TWIG TO AN EYEPATCH AND PUT IT ON BLOODRAVEN.
+Here's the bad half of Tyrion's escape. I really feel like Tyrion hasn't lost enough. In ASOS, he leaves with nothing. He assumes no one cares about him and he cuts off ties with his family. I don't know how Tyrion's future is going to play out without that internal conflict. I think it's still possible. I think Tysha is a better story than simply loving Shae, but I can understand why the show did what they did. Though Shae not saying anything and going straight for the knife is a terrible move. She should've said SOMETHING. I don't think show only watchers would've been aghast if he killed her out of anger, I mean she just caught her in bed with his dad. It also doesn't make sense for Tyrion to talk about loving Shae when he just saw her try to kill him.
+GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY WHERE IS LADY STONEHEART GRRM GAVE YOU THE BIGGEST TWIST YOU COULD'VE ASKED FOR AND YOU BLEW IT

This episode could have been one of the most shocking and memorable in TV history, but it just ended up inconsistent. Overall I enjoyed season four, though the new scenes were certainly more of a mixed bag than in previous seasons.

I think she made always clear that she still hated his guts, in pretty much every scene she's in.
any way its good to see her becoming an ice cold killer.

I definitely see her becoming the shows greates accomplishment, arya will probably be the one most memorable character when the show is long off air.

not only did GRRM give her a great character and story arc, maisie williams is also a great actress. but the one thing that will make her journey epic is that we actually see that girl grow older in the show. I'm really looking forward to that the most, I can imagine its going to be pretty amazing.

Also, book changes have probably benefited Arya the most.

I think from a non-book reader perspective Bloodraven was fine. The CoTF with the grenades was laughable though. And yea, why skeletons and not wights attacking the party?

...Why would a Stoneheart reveal at the end of this season be beneficial to the narrative for Season 5 next year? We'd get this awesome teaser, and then, if they continue to follow the book, we won't see her again for a LOOOOONG time. Personally, I think it'd feel like a weird plotline to begin, and then not follow through with immediately for the next season.

Why does it have to be a neat, linear plot line all tidily wrapped up with a big red bow? The opening scene of season one introduces the white walkers; they are scarcely mentioned throughout the rest of the first ten episodes. They don't reappear until the final scene of season two, so there's essentially a twenty episode gap. And that's fantastic. During the intervening episodes we are enthralled by so much intrigue, betrayal and heartbreak we temporarily forget the white walkers but it's always lurking there in the back of the mind. As with so many things in life, less is more. They could have easily had the Stoneheart reveal then not featured her at all next season. This is HBO; they're supposed to confound traditional televisual custom. It would have driven the show watchers sweetly mad with intrigue, wondering whose story line she's going to gatecrash, all whilst enjoying and becoming distracted by all of the other wonderful storylines to be unravelled.

The show has become too tidy in general. People make a great deal out of Game of Thrones being unpredictable and that 'noone is safe' but the format of the show has become increasingly inflexible and by rota, and thus, predictable. Gotta have DAT EPISODE NINE DOE. It's now expected that either a major death or major battle has to play out on the ninth episode. That's fine in and of itself but, this season in particular, it really harmed the pacing of the overall season arc. The ending of ASOS is so packed full of reveals and game changers that it was plain reckless of the show creators to bottleneck it all until a final episode. The battle at the wall in episode nine was amazing and probably the best this season but it ought to have been in episode eight and allowed some of the material to really breathe for the two subsequent episodes.

Instead, moments that are supposed to be of great impact and surprise triumph are rushed and matter-of-fact. Stannis' arrival was very flat and awkward. What's that? Only fifteen minutes left? Quick! Bust Tyrion out of there, KEEP THE DIALOGUE TO A MINIMUM PEOPLE WE GOTTA WRAP THIS BABY UP, yes yes, up the trapdoor he goes, hurry hurry, aint got all day folks. They couldn't even be bothered to tease a potential Tyrion death properly, instead resorting to a very cheesy surprise with Jaime's head popping round the corner. All in a very presumed manner, like of course he was going to break him out.

And then there's the murder of Shae. In the books, this is a moment of catharsis, an instant of pure, gutteral, emotionally driven revenge, rarely granted to who we would like it to be in the Ice and Fire universe. What the books (and the show initially) always reinforced is that there is no absolute 'good' and 'evil'. Jaime is practically irredeemable after pushing a young boy from a window, crippling him for life. By the end of Feast he was one of the most sympathetic characters and the perception reversal that GRRM engenders is masterful. In having the Shae death framed as self defence, Tyrion is unequivocally 'the good guy' and is less human and interesting for it.

Overall, I think season four was done very well and they executed Joffery's death, Oberyn vs Gregor and the battle at the wall as well as anybody could have for television. Arya and the Hound were an absolute joy on screen, maybe even more so than the novels (and the Brienne/Hound fight was a great dust up). However, in light of how rushed the final episode was, much of the seasons mid-section feels flabby and misplaced. They could have cut the entire fancy of Jon returning to Craster's to clear out the rogue Crows, Roose Bolton's assassin, Asha's attempted rescue of Theon, various Daenerys fluff. Season five will be very interesting and a truly fresh experience for both readers and watchers alike, I think.

P.S Why were the wights skeletal at Bloodraven's tree? Had people died there, surely their flesh would be undecayed by a land that is always frozen? Looked pretty whack, like a goofy Jason and the Argonauts homage. Magic grenades were also silly.

bengraven

Like AVClub said, this show is basically a mix tape of the best moments of the books, so I got most of what I expected (and I hope the part we keep talking about gets forgotten soon so we can talk about other things).

As usual, my favorite parts are the subtle things.

- Arya's staredown at the Hound, her last chance in her mind of survival and the one person she was beginning to count on keeping her alive and she realizes she has nothing and no one to count on but herself and she's bitter.

- her last look west, which I admit made me tear up, and then suddenly running quickly, maybe excited, to stare forward towards her next destination.

- Varys turning around and going back. Then that look on his face, that really really not happy look on his face as he's sitting next to the Imp's box. Oooooh he does not look happy. Cheer up my friend, it's been a couple years since you saw Illyrio, enjoy some of those fine mushrooms...

And here are the changes few people are talking about that were intriguing to me.

- almost feeling bad for Tywin on the toilet. Was it the crossbow that made him suddenly go all Nice Guy Tywin? I swear he was almost playing another character he was so nice. "Well you're my son, by gosh, c'mon now, let me wipe my ass and we'll talk about how I'm going to give you a nice chunk of Casterly Rock...have I ever mentioned how proud I am for you not dying despite me wishing you were dead all these years?" Of course, a crossbow bolt does bring out the "you are no son of mine..." but that's just the Targ reveal.

- Cersei telling Tywin. He almost sounded upset at the end. "you're lying," he says and his voice almost breaks. , I almost felt bad for him. Maybe that's where NGT came from. He was like "fuck, all my kids are perverted degenerates, but at least you're not fucking your sister".

- HOLY SHIT @ the size of Stannis's army. Speaking of almost feeling bad for someone, I was like "shit, Mance, run...". THIS is an army that can take the North from the Boltons. The steady ride from BOTH sides into the Wildling's camp (conveniently inside a copse of trees so we only spend our CGI budget on about 100,000, not 200,000) and it feels almost casual. Like "we're on a tour of the North right now, let's wipe these bugs off our windshield so we can go see famous Castle Black...".

- please give Maisie an Emmy. At least a nom.

Madness

How would you guys feel about a cold open next season that is somewhat of a flashback in a sense and it's right after the Red Wedding, we see a bunch of Frey men carry a pale body out, strip it, make some jokes about Tully/fish and then throw it in the water, the body then flows along the river blah blah and then ends up near a bank where Thoros and Dondarrion and the Brotherhood are and they turn her over and it's Catelyn with her open throat wound. Before the show starts, in the previously on segment, they can show Arya asking about whether they can bring back someone with no head, if they really want to hit fans over the head with it.

And that's it for the cold open, and then we don't hear about Catelyn, the Brotherhood until episode 9 or whatever, and that's when they'll show Brienne see she's actually alive now. Thoughts? I don't know whether Stoneheart will even be important enough for the end game and may end up cut, but who knows.

That skeleton scene was so fucking bad. I was actually embarrassed to watch it. Overall the series for me was a bit of a let down with some stand out scenes. I do think the show goes down in quality every season though.

bengraven

HAHA!

From The Daily Beast:

Speaking of your Instagram, a lot of people pointed to another photo you posted and thought it gave away the arrival of another character this season. Turns out it didn’t.

My stone heart! That was in Palm Springs and I found these stones and thought, “Oh, I’ll make a heart,” and I couldn’t believe people were freaking out about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom