• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Vol 61

Huh. I guess the arrow upgrades a stand/creates a new one? And poor Polnareff.

Big One

Banned
Rurouni Kenshin Vol. 5

Kind of disinterested in this story arc. The Yahiko story was good fun but this volume has been kind of eh for me. I just wanna see Kenshin kick this dude's ass to be honest.

Solid C. It'll be a couple of days before I get the other volumes but once I get them all I'll crack into them real hard.

wonzo

Banned
im waaaaaaaay behind on koe no katachi but
whew.png
at the raws

Soma

While some blame lies with Chiharu, Takahashi is ultimately the one who can't control himself. It's a parallel of what happens at the phone club in the first few chapters. He needs to man up and take control of his life.

Oh yeah definitely. Tanishi fucks up a lot despite having good intentions. Things do not go his way at times but a lot of it he brings upon himself. I can still empathize with him because he's at least still trying to get his shit together.

But holy fuck Chiharu has such a toxic personality that it's extremely difficult to sympathize with her. I can totally understand her being upset about the whole Shiho situation (among other things) but the narrative has opened up sooooo much to dislike about her as the story went on. I think it hits harder for me personally because I've actually met people like her.

bigkrev

One Piece vol 62
Man, this series has some -strange- covers.

It took me about a month to read this volume- it really dragged, with nothing of real interest happening until midway through. This also contains the first time in a long running shounen that I can remember that a nosebleed was a plot point, which made me laugh really hard. The trend of me not really liking the post-timeskip stuff continues, I guess. At least by the end there was the feeling of forward momentum, but I really haven't been feeling this arc at all.

Big One

Banned
One Piece vol 62

It took me about a month to read this volume- it really dragged, with nothing of real interest happening until midway through. This also contains the first time in a long running shounen that I can remember that a nosebleed was a plot point, which made me laugh really hard. The trend of me not really liking the post-timeskip stuff continues, I guess. At least by the end there was the feeling of forward momentum, but I really haven't been feeling this arc at all.
The arc is kind of draggy for the most part, but I dunno I don't think it was that bad.
Dealing with racial issues was some good stuff, and I genuinely feel Fisher Tiger's backstory was solid.

And i won't give up the fight to be shaman shaman kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

dun dun dun dun dun dun
Brings back memories. Just in the mood for some corporate shonen and tournament action. Gonna have to hunt down the volumes.

And that Baby Steps and co. Oneshot sounds interesting.

One Piece vol 62

"Flag says: Bride Training"

lol oh Oda....

Revo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Vol 60

I feel like next part is going to be incredibly dumb and based around the other things that were there when the arrow was activated. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Silver Chariot Requiem was pretty cool, besides he other things that were spawning. While I think Gold Experience combined with a heavily thinking protagonist is really cool, it really does make things so easy for them. Next volume is the finale and is also quite long, so I figure there will be a 100 page or so fight between Giorno and Diavolo.

_hekk05

Banned
Can anyone help me find Q (Shihira Tatsuya) raws? The usual suspects aren't throwing up anything. Nobody in the western scene is touching it and the eastern scene is as mysterious as usual

Revo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Vol 61 END

Gold Experience Requiem so broken. Turning seemingly anything into basically nothingness and semi autonomous. Okay guy. Guess we won't be seeing anymore of Giorno as he will break any story he's in. Although I guess they needed something also super OP to beat King Crimson. So go to hell, King Crimson. And I guess his story is pretty much over as it seems he is the new boss of Passione.

Rolling stone was whatever. Polnareff still being alive in the turtle is cool. Glad Buccellati got to pass on peacefully in the end along with everyone else who RIP'd.

Overall, I think Vento Aureo is one of the stronger, if not the strongest, installments of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Disregarding the King Crimson and Gold Experience Requiem time and reality messemups). It takes Stardust Crusader's general format of villain of the week and urgency and brings in much more interesting stands and enjoyable characters.

Current order is something like

Battle Tendency (Anime)/Vento Aureo -> Stardust Crusaders->Diamond is Unbreakable->Phantom Blood

I'm unsure which is first. I think when Vento Aureo gets better quality it'll probably be first, as that was really the only thing that bothered me while reading.

Onto Stone Ocean!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo Vol 61 END

Really? Most people would say VA is one of the weaker parts. I do think it probably has the best fights though, and it's most due to the not great translation.
And yes, GER is basically an "I WIN" button introduced to defeat a Stand that is pretty much unbeatable.

Man, I dunno about stretching out Stardust Crusaders to 52 episodes.

Not really stretching, that's just how long it will take to adapt everything without skipping any material.

Revo

Man, I dunno about stretching out Stardust Crusaders to 52 episodes.

There's still A LOT of stands to go through. And I thought 4 cour is ~48-50?

Really? Most people would say VA is one of the weaker parts. I do think it probably has the best fights though, and it's most due to the not great translation.
And yes, GER is basically an "I WIN" button introduced to defeat a Stand that is pretty much unbeatable.

I thought the main cast of VA (Notably Giorno, Bucellati, Narancia and Mista) is stronger than Stardust's (Mostly only Jotaro and some Joseph moments, along with the obligatory Dio) and definitely better than Diamond (With Rohan and maybe a little Josuke and the limited amounts of Jotaro). Battle Tendency had a strong cast with Joseph carrying most of the weight with Caesar and Von Stronheim being very good as well. And Phantom Blood is just DIO.

Which is one of the large reasons why I rank VA so highly. The interesting stand order is VA>Diamond>Stardust but Diamond never really went anywhere with me so all the interesting stands just wasn't enough to keep it rolling. Part 1 is just punching and Part 2 takes Hamon to the farthest it will go. And the fights are super great, just like Battle Tendency.

Once translations/scans become better I think VA will easily be one of the top 3 for most people (having said this I've only gone through 1-5). Although I can understand people being fairly put off by the King Crimson/GER stuff and the negative is always bigger in our minds. I managed to be fine with it for the most part and I've always tried to not let 1 bad thing about a series bring my overall perspective on it lower (to varying degrees based on how bad the bad is).

There's still A LOT of stands to go through. And I thought 4 cour is ~48-50?

It varies from 48 to 52 or something like that. Depends on how many episodes it gets per cour since it might not always be static each time.

Then again, there hasn't been that many 4 cour shows recently that isn't something like kids show.

Monster Musume 18

All these Metal Gear references

Monster Musume 19

8a494c7806.jpg

She should have taken the Sneaking Suit.

Monster Musume 20

Lewdest chapter yet and that's saying something.
That giant Suu though

_hekk05

Banned
this is exactly how it seems :(

Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi 10 end
hekkun, use your moonrune powers and spoil the rest of this series for me pls

You mean the LN? That could take days. Weeks even.

My efforts to translate Q- have grinded to a halt, at least until someone finally uploads Ultra Jump 2014-06 issue. I guess raw dumps give a month+ of head start so they don't cannibalise magazine sales

Shengar

My reading and writing Japanese test went smoothly, but conversation and listening test, holy shit. I can't hear shit what the tape said and can't reply when being asked. I feel terrible, maybe I should watch anime again.
Hello folks, what have I been missing, hahaha.

I've yet to read Kingdom
Tou is awesome

Monster Musume 23-24

A Dullahan, nice. And it's a chuuni one.
So to beat death you just have to overload yourself with death flags.

Monster Musume 25

So when is the Dryad going to move in?
Pretty good series, sufficiently smutty. Anime adaptation when?

Guess I should read the spinoff.

12 Beast 0

I dunno about this one. I think I like Slice of Life, with Monster Girls better.

12 Beast 7

High School Guy Who Is Actually A Ninja gets dropped into an alternate world (with monster girls) and has to fight off Angel ripoffs called Giygas (Gigas actually but they are so similar to Angels it's referenced)

Not good enough at action to be good action, or good enough at smut to be good smut. Needs to choose one or the other. Monster Musume is much better. But I guess I'll keep reading for the minotaur girl. I hope the author doesn't use up any good monster ideas on this. Pretty dumb name too.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Vol 65

Feels like the slowest start to a JoJo series yet. Probably mostly because the slow drip of her learning about her stand.

Also, female JoJo. So weird in of itself.

Stone Ocean has the slowest start for sure.

Revo

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Vol 64

Feels like the slowest start to a JoJo series yet. Probably mostly because the slow drip of her learning about her stand.

Also, female JoJo. So weird in of itself.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Vol 65

Needs more Double Orararara. Stone Free seems cool enough. Manhattan Transfer was really nifty. Wonder what this goopy stand is and if it's his only ability.

_hekk05

Banned
I have resorted to learning how to use share ex2. Anyone knowledgeable about this pls send help T.T

Edit: share seems to be a bust. I can't be bothered to try perfect dark. Should I just use chinese trans? They usually have huge watermarks though

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Josei Danshi 1-2

Description said:
A boy with a cute sound and 3 girls want to make a band for girls only but they need a singer how it will be like this boy getting involved with them.

Can anyone guess what happens to the boy?

Off to a promising start.

Zweizer

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean Vol 64

Stone Ocean is where most fights feel like puzzles so it's noticeably slow.

Also, King Crimson isn't THAT broken if Metallica almost managed to beat it. (The boss is not even the most broken villain in the series)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Josei Denshi 5

Man, this intense man-hate keeps making me think that the girl is going to have an insanely dark past, like being a rape victim or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom