• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Vol.02

wldTG2kl.jpg

Another fun volume of this series. Lots of screaming, maids everywhere, I forgot how much the series gets when its not just doing class battles.

ElFly

pretty much

Not really given the amount of resources they seem to amass, iirc Gon had mad bank at one point and he's just a small fry.

Also given how Ging acts he seems more like a hobo that doesn't really care about funds other from maybe basic sustenance/helping out with Home so i could see him having a fuck ton of money laying around.

But that's the thing.

All of those are expert hunters. All of them could go to the battle tower and cash in 200 millions just because they can use nen. All of them must be billing a shitload of money.

There's also the part where archeology doesn't really pay the bills and that seems to be what Gin has been up to. At some point between whatever-Gin-is-doing-cannot-be-that-profitable and these-hunters-could-be-making-mad-money-elsewhere, Gin being able to pay 2x what they charged doesn't really make sense.

The problem with the mystery approach with Attack on Titan, is that if they keep on stacking mystery on top of other mysteries, people are going to forget about things like Ehren's goal of getting to his dad's house. There's so many loose threads in Attack of Titan that haven't been resolved, and the author hasn't proved he can bring closure to them yet ala like Oda does with One Piece. This will affect the overall quality of the manga if he ignores elements like that.

I had already forgotten who that priest wall guy was when they discovered he was dead. Though I feel like this happens with every currently running series I read, like Magi.

My theory for the end of Naruto is that somehow Naruto is going to get rid of Ninjutsu all together while defeating Kagura.
Kind of makes sense with the path of peace that Jiraiya wanted him to walk.

kasane

My theory for the end of Naruto is that somehow Naruto is going to get rid of Ninjutsu all together while defeating Kagura.
I always figured kishi would end it in typical shonen fashion. Naruto vs sasuke for hokage and they finally fight

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That makes too much sense, it'll be something much stupider.

I always figured kishi would end it in typical shonen fashion. Naruto vs sasuke for hokage and they finally fight

Like this.

Big One

Banned
I had already forgotten who that priest wall guy was when they discovered he was dead. Though I feel like this happens with every currently running series I read, like Magi.
Oh man, what is even happening in Magi right now? I stopped reading at that war arc. That was so fucking shit, almost as bad as the current arc of Narutu. I hope they finished that shit already.

Talk about fall from grace, Magi was so damn good for the longest time.

WarRock

But that's the thing.

All of those are expert hunters. All of them could go to the battle tower and cash in 200 millions just because they can use nen. All of them must be billing a shitload of money.

There's also the part where archeology doesn't really pay the bills and that seems to be what Gin has been up to. At some point between whatever-Gin-is-doing-cannot-be-that-profitable and these-hunters-could-be-making-mad-money-elsewhere, Gin being able to pay 2x what they charged doesn't really make sense.

Isn't kinda implied they are all criminals? I mean, Beyond himself is a wanted man.

Big One

Banned
And yeah in case you're wondering, my current series goal after I finish RK (which I will be soon when my ebay deal comes in the mail) WILL be GTO. NEver read the series in full.

Flower of Evil vol. 10-11(end)
I think I need to put some more thought into the ending. Goodnight punpun had a good ending that wrapped things together nicely, but this is more open ended. And I do hate how
they showed the future but it was all a dream
, but I'm trying to reason about why the author did that as well with the scene following after that. I am happy that
he stays with Aya in his college years
though. Besides that ending, which I'll ponder all night long, I really enjoyed this manga and didn't want it to end. Goodnight Punpun is still my favorite manga, but this series definitely deserves a spot in my top 5 list.

....tragic that I read this series in basically within a few days, probably would have been only a day if I had bought 8,9, and 10 the same day I bought 3-9 and 11. Should have spaced it out, but it's been a while since I've read an interesting manga. Probably will re-read it to see if I can catch a few things I missed. Well, guess back to reading Yotsuba. :\ Don't get me wrong, it's good and funny at times, but not addicting as Flower of Evil. One chapter or two, then I had enough of it and can go on with my day.

Oh man, what is even happening in Magi right now? I stopped reading at that war arc. That was so fucking shit, almost as bad as the current arc of Narutu. I hope they finished that shit already.

Talk about fall from grace, Magi was so damn good for the longest time.

There's this "origin" arc about king Solomon and that evil chick, and presumably of Aladdin. It's interesting but it's dragging on a bit too long. The arc after the war arc is pretty entertaining too, the stakes are getting raised pretty high especially for forever suffering Alibaba and that one Kouyoku chick or whatever her name was.

You could probably just fast forward through the war arc, I don't think anything important happens except that one short lifespan kid becomes a new Magi.

ElFly

Isn't kinda implied they are all criminals? I mean, Beyond himself is a wanted man.

Well, I guess that could limit them a little, but even kurapika could get into a job listing that didn't demand anything but the ability to survive a trap to keep working so I am gonna guess there's plenty of jobs available for illegal hunter-level-people.

Again, Greed Island was on sale for 8.9 billion credits, and it was said that 1 in 6 hunters would be able to get a copy if there was enough in existence. For a videogame. I assume non-incompetent hunters can get incomes into the billions, which means Gin must have income into the trillions.

Koe No Kitachi 40-42
Oh man... :C

UQ Holder 40
Yes, more battles :D

Sket Dance 265
Yup, we're close to the end. Good chapter. Dat Wahaha though.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 89
He got curry blocked.

So lately I've been reading Westwood Vibrato, really like the characters and the premise, if folks are into music and/or a bit of drama I'd give it a read.

Oh, and the main character is a waifu if that's your thing.

tumblr_m1kxxu3FPU1qcyijz.jpg

kasane

So lately I've been reading Westwood Vibrato, really like the characters and the premise, if folks are into music and/or a bit of drama I'd give it a read.

Oh, and the main character is a waifu if that's your thing.

tumblr_m1kxxu3FPU1qcyijz.jpg
Is there romance doe

I really wanted more stuff about music

Is there romance doe

I really wanted more stuff about music

I agree that more about the music and the instruments would be great. And yeah there's a bit of romantic stuff here and there.

Cornelia is a good character though, her back story is interesting and she has a great personality. Different from the run of the mill heroines in a lot of manga/manwha.

87HI4mM.jpg

Ana Satsujin 29

Bitch, get with the program already.

Its so that none of your blood will get on her clothes once she gets done with you.

And I do mean she, since I doubt he has it in him to kill someone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You know, it just occurred to me that Gon can go back into that tower. There's nothing stopping him and Togashi wouldn't put a restriction on it without a reason. It's also where he first learned nen, I'd put money on him going back at some point to try and figure out a way to get his nen back. That whole tower was too intricate for that arc, it's going to come around again at some point.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
First Love Suicide Pact 29
This romance is so fucking forced. Why do I keep forcing myself to read it

ARAIDOKI 29
lol, poor angel. She and vampire are probably my favorite characters. 'course Kazu's good too.

Logick 26
He's still dressed, sooooo

Red Blood Red Legacy 12
Wow, zero development since last chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom