• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
To aru Ossan no VRMMO katsudouki ch1

That's one hell of a realistic MMORPG. And hey, that one guy shares my nickname.

We won't be friends, pal.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii 1

zHa980K.png

I've been watching some of the anime for this (The World is Still Beautiful) and was really quite enjoying it despite the poor sound quality, so I thought I'd read the source material.

It's an enjoyable, funny and adorable shoujo manga with some pretty nice art and some fun characters.

Nike is a princess from the rain dukedom who has the ability to call down the rain through song. She's to wed the Sun King of the sun kingdom, who has conquered the world, in exchange for her home's autonomy. She expects a horrible mean old man, but instead finds the king to be a very young man named Livius. He desires to see the rain, as it's something he was told about by his mother (who was assassinated as she was a member of the lower class).

Of course initially she's not a big fan of him, but as she spends time with him she finds out his weaknesses as a person and falls for him, meanwhile he finds himself being able to relax around her like he can with no other and falls in love with her and her ability to change the weather.

It's adorable and they have their funny hijinks. Nike is awesome.

Definitely worth a read (and watch)

scy

Of course initially she's not a big fan of him, but as she spends time with him she finds out his weaknesses as a person and falls for him, meanwhile he finds himself being able to relax around her like he can with no other and falls in love with her and her ability to change the weather.

Because yup.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Wandering into the foot fetish thread because of a previous post here...

Never again.

Zai x 10 21
RIP magical girl. At least you went out in a blaze of glory

Mortemis

Banned
People still talk about To Love Ru Darkness though. I've definitely seen "dat Mikan" posts. It doesn't usually go beyond that, though.

Err, I never read TLR so I wouldn't know who Mikan is. You have a point there, but I never really noticed that.

Though honestly, is there even a manga out now with a waifu war worth fighting for?

Nope. I think that most just joke around when there's waifu wars, like trolling kasane with Alice hate or everyone shitting on Onodera (well, thats not all that much of a joke). The last semi serious waifu war I saw was the end of TWGOK, so I havent seen much lately.

Kuroko no Basket 267

zones4st3.jpg

Lmao.

I had a feeling this would happen in KnB at some point.

Err, I never read TLR so I wouldn't know who Mikan is. You have a point there, but I never really noticed that.

On top of that, there have been actual discussions on clear loli-pandering series. Interestingly enough, the only two I can think of right now are about older men being transformed into little girls.

Again though, it never went as far as exhibiting a desire for underage cameltoe.

"It's just feet, it can't be that bad!"

It was bad.

My rule of thumb is generally "if I ever say 'it can't be that bad' it is almost always that bad"

Aho Girl Ch. 21

If the disciplinary head route somehow doesn't work out this is an acceptable alternative.

We all know who the true best girl is.

Some day he will realise that he loves her despite (or because of) her dumbness.
I know I do

although disciplinary girl is an acceptable alternate route.

Mortemis

Banned
On top of that, there have been actual discussions on clear loli-pandering series. Interestingly enough, the only two I can think of right now are about older men being transformed into little girls.

Again though, it never went as far as exhibiting a desire for underage cameltoe.

Err, it may sound like I'm making excuses, but again I never noticed that. I guess I just skim through too often, plus I'm fairly new here, since I think this is my 3rd thread and this is the first I'm really active in. The most I've ever noticed about that subject was when a loli character was introduced in Minamoto, which quickly came to a bunch of people saying there gonna drop it or others making FBI are coming for us jokes. I'm sure you're not lying, and im sure youre not, but it never comes down to exhibiting any desires, like you said.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii 3

I do really enjoy the art in this. It's pretty adorable at times, which is more than I can say for a lot of shoujo manga. Although generally the shoujo stories I've enjoyed the most have had good art to go with it.

I like the pacing of the manga a lot as well. Maybe it's because they're tackling the same content in one chapter as an episode of the anime or two (long chapters). It's a nice read.

taking a break from it now, but I'll definitely return to it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Just caught up in Koe no Kitachi

It really did look like things were going to be alright, but then...

I told you to prepare your heart!

My rule of thumb is generally "if I ever say 'it can't be that bad' it is almost always that bad"
Well, I have to satisfy my curiosity somehow, even if I will immediately regret it.

In other news, I didn't know there was a thread specifically dedicated to One Piece around here. Huh.

Dear 60 end
...It's over already?!

Well, it was a good ending. I should've caught up though. ;_;

Charade

Loli cameltoes, duckroll laying down the smackdown, mangagaf suddenly starts questioning smut and reaction image spam, worrying about waifu wars, everyone resolves to improve, then reaction images are again spammed.

I see...

OPM 35.2 V2

Phew. At first I thought it was just a straight-up redraw...but that ending...Epic stuff.

Ana Satsujin 1-5

This is one of those times where there's not a whole lot to say other than "nothing about this can end well for him".

This is like the long con, except more like the long kill? Who knows, maybe he'll manage to make it out alive in the end.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Ana Satsujin 1-5

This is one of those times where there's not a whole lot to say other than "nothing about this can end well for him".

This is like the long con, except more like the long kill? Who knows, maybe he'll manage to make it out alive in the end.
how are you only reading this right now.

Red String 1
Well, now you're a murderer.

mdubs

Banned
All these new Horimiya bros.

I'm now a proud member of Horimiya-GAF, just finished marathoning the entire thing today, so good!

Have to say though, I've felt that the chapters since
they started dating
have been a little slower, not as much progression as before and the story seems to have slowed down a bit.

It also seems like
ch. 37
came a little out of left field considering
they had only kissed like twice or something, it felt like too big a relationship jump all of a sudden
. Am I missing something?

_hekk05

Banned
I'm now a proud member of Horimiya-GAF, just finished marathoning the entire thing today, so good!

Have to say though, I've felt that the chapters since
they started dating
have been a little slower, not as much progression as before and the story seems to have slowed down a bit.

It also seems like
ch. 37
came a little out of left field considering
they had only kissed like twice or something, it felt like too big a relationship jump all of a sudden
. Am I missing something?

2 teenagers alone in the house at night? Yeah... I can see things happening... spontaneously

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
generally I don't like horrific mangas or sad stuff or death in general in manga

but after Akame... I decided to read more of this stuff I guess.
I'm bad with horror/sadness/death in manga too, but Peephole is practically comedy.

Imawabi no Dakini 13
And so everything I already suspected gets confirmed. I forgot how much his hair still bothers me though. Mullets are gross.

Ana Satsujin 10-14

that was a, uh, pretty fun way to break through some of the tension I guess. I didn't see that coming.

Good end to 14 with her saying what I expected to be said.

this manga's a fun ride.

I'm bad with horror/sadness/death in manga too, but Peephole is practically comedy.

Yeah it's suuuuuuuuuuuper dumb, in a good way though.

Ana Satsujin 21

RIP dumb cop

Emma

You know, when you have a story where a character abandons everything for love, you really need to earn that desire with the reader. Otherwise everyone just seems like insane people.

You've got this guy's fiancee, who is beautiful, well off, kind and genuinely in love with the dude. And he dumps her after leading her on for god knows how long for some maid he barely knew. There's no legitimate reason for him to be in love with the maid. There's no real build-up.

edit: this guys is my favorite character:

willsucks40svt.png

Have any of you heard of Dousei Recipe? According to the comments, it's like Seo Kouji all over again apparently.

huh...

--------------------------------

Ana Satsujin 29

welp. nothing about this will end well. Will he become the killer, or say no? Will the cop look through the peephole?

damn it, I'm kinda hooked now. I want more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";118655471]Emma

You know, when you have a story where a character abandons everything for love, you really need to earn that desire with the reader. Otherwise everyone just seems like insane people.

You've got this guy's fiancee, who is beautiful, well off, kind and genuinely in love with the dude. And he dumps her after leading her on for god knows how long for some maid he barely knew. There's no legitimate reason for him to be in love with the maid. There's no real build-up.

edit: this guys is my favorite character:

willsucks40svt.png
[/QUOTE]

That's a crappy Victorian romance trope, though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";118656905]The key word here is crappy.[/QUOTE]
Well, think of it this way: at least it isn't about a new money guy pinning away for a girl who doesn't give a shit about him, blowing away his inheritance while he's at it, killing his benefactor, coming home to find his second choice married to his uncle somehow, and at the end of it all finding his first love married to someone else and still not giving a shit about him.

Fuck Great Expectations.

ok, so after there was a bit of TLR Darkness talk earlier as it being a super dodgy thing and since there was a new chapter, I went against my own rule that I quoted to Sauce earlier and said "it can't be that bad" and took a look at the new chapter. A side one admittedly, but...

I'm almost certain there was side vagina. and a child's toy in a place where it shouldn't be

How does the mangaka get away with this? Like. How. How.

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
ok, so after there was a bit of TLR Darkness talk earlier as it being a super dodgy thing and since there was a new chapter, I went against my own rule that I quoted to Sauce earlier and said "it can't be that bad" and took a look at the new chapter. A side one admittedly, but...
now that just sounds like a bad idea from the outset

edit: I stop seeing nope over and over again, and start seeing open instead.

mind blown

Tacitus_

Super Interesting Darkness

So I counted at least two vagina shots. One of which had it rubbed by a conveniently placed party toy.

This mangaka is a god for getting all that crap past the editors.

Mortemis

Banned

I'm almost certain there was side vagina. and a child's toy in a place where it shouldn't be

How does the mangaka get away with this? Like. How. How.

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

That sounds gross. Isn't this shit serialized in monthly jump/jump square or whatever its called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom