• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom game being shown next week- code name "Flock"

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Full E3 Lineup:

Street Fighter IV: Final arcade code running on a heaping handful of arcade machines.
• Resident Evil 5: Game of show? Quite possibly!
• Dark Void: Also playable, also awesome. Snazzed up since CAPTIVATE08 and ready to totally jetpack your face.
• Bionic Commando: New areas and enemies, now playable on console!
• Mega Man 9: Put on your retro hats and prepare for a major challenge.
• MotoGP '08: This year's installment of the fastest-growing motorsport on two wheels. We'll be running the 360 version.
• Neopets Puzzle Adventure: Surprise hit from CAPTIVATE08, we've got more to show on this puzzle adventure game created by the guys who brought you Puzzle Quest.
• Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix: A new batch of characters will be selectable for hi-def brawling.
• Plunder: Something new is happening with our digital pirate's booty...
• Bionic Commando Rearmed: It's almost out, and we're showing it one last time.
• New games-on-the-go from Capcom Interactive, our mobile group
• Plus a new super-secret project, Flock!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/kramez/blog/2008/07/08/capcoms_official_e3_2008_lineup_revealed

Edit- apparently Flock! is the actual name. Whoops

Any guesses??

Nicktals

Banned
This would be the new secret Wii game that's not Spyborgs, correct? (and did I just miss it or is Spyborgs not on that list/being shown?)

EDIT:
titiklabingapat said:
I wonder what it could be....Hmmmmm?

:lol

Wait am I missing something obvious?

schuelma

Nicktals said:
This would be the new secret Wii game that's not Spyborgs, correct? (and did I just miss it or is Spyborgs not on that list/being shown?)

I don't know why we should assume its a Wii game.

Linkhero1

Nicktals said:
It's not going to be shown at E3.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nicktals said:

EDIT:

I thought that was MM9

Nicktals said:

EDIT:

I'm just laughing at the super secret moniker.

Nicktals

Banned
schuelma said:
I don't know why we should assume its a Wii game.

Well, because it's been heavily rumored for a while that Capcom was doing a Wii game, and then it evidently turned out that the rumored Wii game wasn't Spyborgs. So really that's all I'm going on.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Mindlog said:
This is clearly a Flock of Zombies.

2vxm53t.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Flock = Dead Phoenix reborn? :O

That would be hot.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Maybe it's a game where you're a bird and you have to poop on people's heads.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
thetrin said:
Flock = Dead Phoenix reborn? :O

That would be hot.

They literally just had an interview where that was shot down, so no. :lol

Nintendo probably told them to keep it dead so they can innovate with Icarus. :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Andrex said:
They literally just had an interview where that was shot down, so no. :lol

Nintendo probably told them to keep it dead so they can innovate with Icarus. :p

So Nintendo can innovate by making a sequel to a shitty game? Go go Nintendo!

Capcom is shitting awesome this gen, I've loved nearly everything they've put out and I'm anticipating nearly every game in development.

One of the few Devs I don't worry about quality.

PS - PLUNDER IS 100% AWESOMENESS.

Vieo

"Flock"? Sounds like Nintendo is letting Capcom develop a new Kid Icarus game in exchange for Resident Evil 6 exclusivity.

Flock

Guys, the game is about me. Basically Capcom have been following me around for a year and they have made a game about all the awesome shit i do.

If you will observe my username, this codename choice will now make sense.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Dear Capcom,

Hey! How are you? Hope everything's going well in the lead-up to E3. This new announcement's pretty exciting - Flock's a great codename for Dead Rising 2! Thanks for finally making my dreams come true.

Your friend,

alistairw

PS - if this isn't dead rising 2 i will fucking cut you

dkeane

alistairw said:
Dear Capcom,

Hey! How are you? Hope everything's going well in the lead-up to E3. This new announcement's pretty exciting - Flock's a great codename for Dead Rising 2! Thanks for finally making my dreams come true.

Your friend,

alistairw

PS - if this isn't dead rising 2 i will fucking cut you
What if it's Dead Rising "Light gun Version" for Wii?

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
dkeane said:
What if it's Dead Rising "Light gun Version" for Wii?

I will personally insert Wii remotes into the urethras of every single person responsible for the project.

omg rite said:
I hope it's Dead Rising 2.

It's not like Capcom to flock with us.

Anything else is fail.

Amusement park, coop, M000re blood, moooore customization, less general bullshit (survivor A.I, possible game ending saves) and you'll get a possible goty candidate...

schuelma

Dead Rising 2 makes sense. Didn't Capcom announce a 2nd Unreal 3 engine project a few weeks ago? Bet its DR 2, outsourced to a Western studio (which I believe was the EGM rumor)

Darklord

Banned
Bird migration sim for the Wii confirmed. Use the Wii Remote to flap the wings 3000 miles across the ocean.

I hope it's dead rising 2...

Phthisis

permutated said:
Capcom is shitting awesome this gen, I've loved nearly everything they've put out and I'm anticipating nearly every game in development.

Truth. Everything Capcom touches right now turns to gold.

permutated said:

I think Plunder is now called Age of Booty.

Top Bottom