• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Proxies man.

I live in Malaysia and I use Hulu, Netflix, Crunchyroll thanks to it.

So do I, but I use it only for free stuff. Not gonna pay for something they're not bringing into my country
unless its MGR

July is upon us. Is everyone ready for the avatar rollover?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Steam content is region locked too and I don't think gifting will help it much, and I dunno how proxies will affect it.

Charade

Rainy Song by Momono Moto

bDUnoBS.png

Oneshot about a singer/songwriter in the light music club gaining an unwanted fan. Very cute. Lots of blushing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
OFF-TOPIC BRAG

Dat feeling when the threads you created are side by side like this, with the latest posts posted at the exact same time:

The 2nd one dated back from 2012 too, still alive to this day.

*Feeling smug*

KINGDOM

Come on Shin, just get married to Kyoukai already please.

Nejimaki Kagyu 20
Snails and love wins again!

Sekainohate de Aimashou 40
Well, thats pretty unsettling and sad.

Sekainohate de Aimashou 41
Best chapter. Cyber bro rival, Ryouma's tears are infinite, brother level up.

Revo

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol 1 (LN)

Having that early morning monologue by Miyuki cut out for probably a surprising reveal really hurts her character :(. Although it's still bro-con, it's a bit deeper bro-con.

Best girl still Mayumi. Having the entire scene from the disciplinary room cut hurts so much.

And seems Vol 1 has less Tetsuya is God than I remember in the first 3 episodes. Guess having internal monologues does it.

dramatis

Doodle 1-2

An interesting concept for action/battle, in which people use crayons to quickly sketch out things that become real and fight.

It has a pretty drastic "Oh that's nice" to "...oh" moment in a few pages.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol 1 (LN)

Having that early morning monologue by Miyuki cut out for probably a surprising reveal really hurts her character :(. Although it's still bro-con, it's a bit deeper bro-con.

Best girl still Mayumi. Having the entire scene from the disciplinary room cut hurts so much.

And seems Vol 1 has less Tetsuya is God than I remember in the first 3 episodes. Guess having internal monologues does it.

I forgot they cut the disciplinary room stuff. And yes, now you understand the wonders of Onii-sama

Antiwhippy

Sengoku Youko 28

The pacing is so brisk and... no nonsense that I can't believe that it's still ongoing. Feels like it has zero filler.

_hekk05

Banned
Alright boys we're in business! My sources
YOU SAW NOTHING
have finally given me decent Q raws (only chapter 1 though).

I'll get down to translating it... as soon as I tear myself away from steam sales (ending soon), doto (not ending anytime soon), and recover from my cold.

Jintor

their own scanners

because they've legally bought their manga and are backing it up for virtual posterity but only for personal use and not for distribution

Taiyou no Ie vol. 1
My heart was not ready for this much melancholy.

Koi Dano Ai Dano vol. 1
I almost mistakenly read another comic with a similar title:
Oh my.

In any case. Kanoko's cynicism is hilarious and the whole "Three Kingdoms" affair is intriguing. Also, I realized midway that it's a sequel to another series called Warau Kanoko-sama, so...

Warau Kanoko-sama vol. 1
It's fortunate that I read the sequel first, else I'd write this off as the usual jerk-boyfriend type of a love story that I detest. Tsubaki's first impression is not good.
In other news:
RbCamS6.png

If only I knew that during my middle school.

Sweet Life 1 - 3

Largest age gap story Ive encountered (ten years or so), due to Yuuchi falling in love with Shuuichirou as he took care of him growing up, now they are together as lovers. The brother coming into the scene was funny but at least accepting of them. Id read another story where the brother treated them bad and or tried to break them apart but at least in the end accepted. So for this Im glad there is none of that drama and it remains light. The artists loves the kiss scenes though she draws the same tongue touching panel in every chapter, could go for a bit more variety.

Antiwhippy

Sengo Youko 35

HOLY SHIT! O_O

Poor youko. Poor Shinsuke. Goddamnit Jinka. Damn, what a great buildup to Jinka's own madness finally consuming him though.

Lain

Warau Kanoko-sama vol. 1
It's fortunate that I read the sequel first, else I'd write this off as the usual jerk-boyfriend type of a love story that I detest. Tsubaki's first impression is not good.
In other news:
RbCamS6.png

If only I knew that during my middle school.

I've read the first volume of this and it's pretty great. A different type of shojo from the usual. My only gripe with it is in how Kanoko is changing school each chapter, otherwise it was a refreshing read.

Ikumen Datte Koishimasu 4

Another age gap story in this second story of this short collection. Love between teacher and student that become teacher teacher as they got older. Kind of sad due tot he heartbreak from the early stage and even then the present due to how others would think and feelings of society. I hope second part is a bit happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom