• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were up to me I think all of the ridiculous claims should be removed, period, but that's up to the mods. I think the fact that a dude claimed the Hitman 6 OT the week before Hitman 5 came out is fucking absurd.

Also, my personal opinion is that we should at least know what time of year (Q1, first half, holiday, whatever) before an OT gets claimed.

Also Also, you have to accept the fact that not everyone is going to go through this thread and look at all of your responses every time someone asks you a question. Sorry dude, but that's the responsibility you picked up when you decided to manage this thread. Not really fair to bitch at people about it.

Wtf lol, someone must be a HUGE Hitman fan.

maxcriden

I'm probably just being dumb and/or just not seeing it but I don't see Shovel Knight (releasing 6/26/14) on either list. Am I just missing it? Thanks! Still planning to do the OT, collaborators are welcome!

Gaz_RB

Quick question.

I want to do the OT for Crytek's new game, The Hunt, but I don't they have a solid release date. Can I still claim it or should I wait?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hey Nem question. What should we do about when a same game has a PC / Other platform release later on? We can just use the same OT as before right? Since its not like the information of the game itself really is going to change.
Though for example the vita version wont be out till winter, the PC one comes out in August.
Would be a bit silly for me to put up the exact same thing for the PC and Vita one thats why. So figured would just update the original with other info when the release hits.
Its for that Stranger of Sword City game that the 360 version is out but will manage the OT for the PC and Vita version.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109194918&postcount=1876

(August 22th release)
Stranger of Sword City: White Palace (Japan Import / PC) by Parakeetman (13rd June 2014)

Will do the same for the Vita one, when the official release date is out. The devs have yet to announce it. I figure at the TGS they will. Right now it still stands as a "winter" release from an interview they gave with a japanese game site.

The initial OT for the 360 version of the game is here.

Stranger of Sword City: White Palace OT

Tizoc

Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark by Tizoc on 13 June

It'll actually just be a discussion thread, there's barely much gameplay footage out and it's a few weeks from release >_>; Unless someone already claimed for the OT?

So, I am working on my OT. I am planning to use a modified version of this WebM.
-removed-
The issue is that, for it to work properly, I need people to have the extension for WebM and also have these settings:
willtitworkpdq52.png

Am I asking too much? Should I just rethink it? Should I put a notice at the top of the topic?

Volcynika

Asking people to have an extension just for your thread seems like it is asking a bit much. You could put a notice but not sure how many will actually do that.

JayEH

Hi everyone,

Due to some personal issues I'm having right now, I will be requesting a permanent ban from NeoGaf soon. Thus I will not be to complete the two OTs that I have claimed:

CoD: Advanced Warfare
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

I have some artwork for the Shadow of Mordor OT done (though very basic) and VisceralBowl did some artwork for the Advanced Warfare OT for me. I've left my email here to contact me if you want the artwork I have. (Quote to see)

malfcn

Hi everyone,

Due to some personal issues I'm having right now, I will be requesting a permanent ban from NeoGaf soon. Thus I will not be to complete the two OTs that I have claimed:

I have some artwork for the Shadow of Mordor OT done (though very basic) and VisceralBowl did some artwork for the Advanced Warfare OT for me. I've left my email here to contact me if you want the artwork I have. (Quote to see)

Perm? That's a long time..see you back in 1984?

daydream

Banned
So, I've been toying with the idea of a Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven community thread. You guys think that'd be feasible or.. not really justified with only three entries in the series? I see there's one for Shenmue.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You could always try it to gauge interest. There seem to be a lot of people talking about Rhythm Tengoku in that favourite rhythm game thread, and since there are at least two releases in English (one of which is still readily available), I don't see why not.

Levyne

Banned
Hi everyone,

I think I'll do Shadow of Morder, then. I'm interested in it.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor by Levyne (23rd June 2014)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, the "rules" for claiming an OT need to be defined perfectly in the main post of this thread.

Is it okay to claim something at first reveal?

Does a release date need to be announced first?

What about leaks?

That stuff needs to be explicitly outlined. It comes with the territory with a forum of NeoGAF's size — especially when said forum is continuing to grow at record pace.

As for right now, claim it when you want to but:
a) A claim does not give you a claim on the thread. You have no more right to make it than 250 people who didn't claim the thread and later express interest in making it. The purpose of claiming is to avoid people independently wasting their time and both posting, not to give someone a fiefdom. In 99.9% of cases, people don't care enough to need to pitch in if someone else is already putting the work in. But in the 0.1% of cases, if you are not willing to work with people who want to help make the thread, you do not get to make the thread. The person who most favours cooperation is the person I'm going to side with every single time, I am not ever ever ever going to care about someone who thinks they have a right to do this. I don't care if you have a full chest tattoo of James Bond getting into a gunfight with a Helghast, if someone else wants to make a Killzone 007: Quantum of Boring thread when the game comes out, you work with them. It's not a contest to see who is the biggest fan and we are not giving out prizes.

b) A claim is a pledging of responsibility, and if you claim something 5 years early and don't follow through because you forgot, honestly, mods have no reason not to junior or ban you because you went out of your way to cause a result that negatively impacted other people.

Nemesis does an extremely good job maintaining this thread, extremely good, all of us on the staff know that. Which is why it's important to know when a pissing match breaks out, instead of people working together, you're sending the message that you don't respect him and you don't respect us.

Roo

b) A claim is a pledging of responsibility, and if you claim something 5 years early and don't follow through because you forgot, honestly, mods have no reason not to junior or ban you because you went out of your way to cause a result that negatively impacted other people.
Let's say X user claims a game's OT 3 years early, time goes by and a week or two before said game's launch he posts here he's not longer interested for whatever reason (personal, job, dissasse) but don't go into details.
He didn't forget and he had the "courtesy" to notify he's not longer making the OT.
Does that also qualify to junior/ban said user even if he had reasons to step back?

Levyne

Banned
Let's say X user claims a game's OT 3 years early, time goes by and a week or two before said game's launch he posts here he's not longer interested for whatever reason (personal, job, dissasse) but don't go into details.
He didn't forget and he had the "courtesy" to notify he's not longer making the OT.
Does that also qualify to junior/ban said user even if he had reasons to step back?

I can't answer for the moderation team,

but I'm not sure this situation would be likely to even happen, and if it did it would be an infrequent unique occurrence or two that would have to be evaluated on a case to case basis. While it's not explicitly disallowed, people have been (rightfully) frowning on multi-year "claims" in advance. Even if it was, say, a one year claim, I can't really imagine a case where the user would go silent and then come in last minute without any dialogue to the thread on other NeoGAF contacts. If someone did make a claim (I'm disliking the use of claim here..) and hadn't been talkative , someone else interested in the game could always PM them to make sure things are still going okay. If somehow a game OT does manage to get abruptly dropped without some sort of justifiable reasoning, then yeah it sounds like that's going to be a junior-ing worthy offense since they took responsibility and didn't communicate well before abandoning.

mods have no reason not to junior or ban you because you went out of your way to cause a result that negatively impacted other people..

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I would say that this is obviously a case-by-case basis. Clearly what that person did is less bad than just blowing off their commitment altogether. But two things: I would hope that the person remembered to do so more than a week before the game's launch in order to make it easier on everyone else (like, in this hypothetical we're not discussing someone getting into a car accident the day they need to make the thread, we're discussing someone who is at a different place in their life and can't do threads at all), and second I hope this person would learn their lesson never to commit to stuff they can't uphold again.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Time to do something stupid and do a long range claim. This just got announced that its going into production today here in Japan by Experience Inc. + Kadokawa Games

(Unknown release date)
Demon Gaze 2 (title pending) (Japan Import / PS Vita) Parakeetman (05th July 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom