• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at work but I finally got the download going through the web site. It shows this, but it couldn't have downloaded already. Does it normally show the exact download percent on your PSN Download Queue?

S53PTNX.jpg

If you have 9 digit code (XXX-XXX-XXX):

STEP 1. REDEEM CODE HERE: www.bungie.net/beta

STEP 2: Enter the 9 digit code. IF you have a 12 digit code then it belongs on PSN and not here.

STEP 3: Go to your Bungie Profile here: www.bungie.net/en/profile

STEP 4: Click on "Codes" (Third tab on top).

STEP 5: Choose your console and your region. BE VERY SELECTIVE AS YOU CANNOT REDO IT.

STEP 6: You'll receive 3 codes for PSN or XBL. Use one and give two away! :)

-----------------------------------------

If you have a 12 digit code (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX):

STEP 1: Click here and log in: https://account.sonyentertainmentne...account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action

STEP 2: Enter Code. You'll promptly see this:

iIo2SzFgW0sHm.png

STEP 3: Go to PSN Store via PS4. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 4: Go to "Downloads List". If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 5: Select "Destiny Beta". If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 6: Click on "Download". If you see a blank page like this (http://i.imgur.com/bOuUZmm.jpg) then don't panic. Keep on trying until it lets you. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 7: Repeat STEP 3 to STEP 6 until it lets you download it.

STEP 8: Once the game downloads. Run it and it'll download the 10GB update.

-------------------------------------

If you preordered from PSN Store:

STEP 1: Go to PSN Store via PS4. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 2: Go to "Games >> New". If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 3: Select "Destiny Beta". If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 4: Click on "Download". If you see a blank page like this (http://i.imgur.com/bOuUZmm.jpg) then don't panic. Keep on trying until it lets you. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 7: Repeat STEP 1 to STEP 4 until it lets you download it.

Troubleshoot:

Q. I see "Server Maintenance". What Should I do?
A. Keep on trying until it lets you. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

Q. I see a "Cross" on the download screen like this: https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...33_1459271957674830_8554032848906394303_o.jpg. What Should I do?
A. TTP stated: "Go to Noifications > Downloads. There should be a Destiny Beta notification with an error symbol. Delete that. Go to Library. You should now be able to download the beta".

Q. I've tried everything and nothing is working. Help!
A. Restart the console and log back in. Try for 10 minutes. If it doesn't work, Restart and repeat. It'll eventually work after the 10th or the 100th or the 200th try. Server sucks so bare with it. Be upset if you like but be patient. :)

Q. I'm on Xbox. Does any of this apply to me?
A. Redeeming 9 digit code applies to you! :)

Q. I tried it all! SAVE ME!
A. Access your downloads list and try remote download. Go here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/download/list and try remotely downloading to your PS4. A lot of users were successful with this. You still have to launch the game and download the 10GB update. Good luck!

hDUPknP.png

Skele7on

Banned
Aw thanks man, hopefully my fellow Guardians are not far behind.

All I can say is to keep trying with the double tap method and just keep putting in the code. It worked after the 60th try.

my PS4 overheated and is currently not booting at all.

Leaving it for a while and seeing what the situation is.

Maybe a support call later, I might (probably) will be crying.

Had to leave it on on the hottest day in the UK so far....

terrible

Banned
Holy crap that was difficult getting my download going lol. I feel everyone's pain. I tried entering my code on the SEN website, on my PS4, and on my Vita. Not sure which one finally worked to get it on my download list but yay.

I'm really curious to see if it's more polished than the Alpha at all. There were little things like the look sensitivity that felt a little off while still being fully functional that I'd like to see tweaked a little bit.

Marvel

could never
what class should i choose?

Warlock :p

my PS4 overheated and is currently not booting at all.

Leaving it for a while and seeing what the situation is.

Maybe a support call later, I might (probably) will be crying.

Had to leave it on on the hottest day in the UK so far....

Oh god! I didn't know that's terrible, gl with that man hopefully if it's busted it's just a straight forward swap where you bought it from.

I better keep my windows open then. It's boiling in my room :S I have a spare fan to use too.

Number45

I'm at work but I finally got the download going through the web site. It shows this, but it couldn't have downloaded already. Does it normally show the exact download percent on your PSN Download Queue?

S53PTNX.jpg
The actual beta client is only a couple of hundred megs, then it downloads the rest in the background. 12GB in all.

Mine still won't launch though. :'(

S53PTNX.jpg

Yeah, that's what I have. Someone else mentioned that the in-app download may still happen without executing it. I doubt that though. We will need to download the rest at home.

If you have 9 digit code (XXX-XXX-XXX):

STEP 1. REDEEM CODE HERE: www.bungie.net/beta

STEP 2: Enter the 9 digit code. IF you have a 12 digit code then it belongs on PSN and not here.

STEP 3: Go to your Bungie Profile here: www.bungie.net/en/profile

STEP 4: Click on "Codes" (Third tab on top).

STEP 5: Choose your console and your region. BE VERY SELECTIVE AS YOU CANNOT REDO IT.

STEP 6: You'll receive 3 codes for PSN or XBL. Use one and give two away! :)

-----------------------------------------

If you have a 12 digit code (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX):

STEP 1: Click here and log in: https://account.sonyentertainmentne...account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action

STEP 2: Enter Code. You'll promptly see this:

iIo2SzFgW0sHm.png

STEP 3: Go to PSN Store via PS4. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 4: Go to "Downloads List". If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 5: Select "Destiny Beta". If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 6: Click on "Download". If you see a blank page like this (http://i.imgur.com/bOuUZmm.jpg) then don't panic. Keep on trying until it lets you. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 7: Repeat STEP 3 to STEP 6 until it lets you download it.

If you preordered from PSN Store:

STEP 1: Go to PSN Store via PS4. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 2: Go to "Games >> New". If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 3: Select "Destiny Beta". If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 4: Click on "Download". If you see a blank page like this (http://i.imgur.com/bOuUZmm.jpg) then don't panic. Keep on trying until it lets you. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

STEP 7: Repeat STEP 1 to STEP 4 until it lets you download it.

Troubleshoot:

Q. I see "Server Maintenance". What Should I do?
A. Keep on trying until it lets you. If it says "Maintenance", keep on pressing PS button until it lets you through.

Q. I see a "Cross" on the download screen like this: https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...33_1459271957674830_8554032848906394303_o.jpg. What Should I do?
A. TTP stated: "Go to Noifications > Downloads. There should be a Destiny Beta notification with an error symbol. Delete that. Go to Library. You should now be able to download the beta".

Q. I've tried everything and nothing is working. Help!
A. Restart the console and log back in. Try for 10 minutes. If it doesn't work, Restart and repeat. It'll eventually work after the 10th or the 100th or the 200th try. Server sucks so bare with it. Be upset if you like but be patient. :)

Q. I'm on Xbox. Does any of this apply to me?
A. Redeeming 9 digit code applies to you! :)
Great post, Shag.

More screenshoots from the game. Game looks pretty much the game from alpha to me.
10468139_346290905519412_1156944061103381350_o.jpg

10542703_346290952186074_8331457068921610986_o.jpg

Soons i spawned in, a public event started. People already in the game playing.

Raptor

I am so confused lol. I've played it for a bit and I'm at level 3. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to get to PVP to try it out and I have no idea where to find that.

mcrommert

Banned
Warlock :p

Oh god! I didn't know that's terrible, gl with that man hopefully if it's busted it's just a straight forward swap where you bought it from.

I better keep my windows open then. It's boiling in my room :S I have a spare fan to use too.

Dude its only 73 degrees in london right now...thats not hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom