• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

Jawmuncher

Smash has never had any sort of Tag mode has it?
As in perhaps you could pick a certain character to represent a life in stock mode.
Guessing colors might be an issue but that idea seems cool to me.

If you played 3 stock matches you could start out with your third main and if you were dying the last life would be your best character who could hopefully save the day for you.

• Hawaiian shirt Mario
  • Swimsuit Peach
  • Hot tub Bowser
  • Surfing Pikachu
  • Funky Kong
  • Justin Bailey Samus
  • Zero Suit alt Samus
  • Super Punchout Mac

Come on, I need more ideas.

Sakurai won't allow Super Smash Summer Scramble without adding these:
nah, too revealing
kirby_return_to_dream_land_conceptart_4Qao5_thumb.jpg

kirby_return_to_dream_land_conceptart_XwlWd_thumb.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Smash has never had any sort of Tag mode has it?
As in perhaps you could pick a certain character to represent a life in stock mode.
Guessing colors might be an issue but that idea seems cool to me.

If you played 3 stock matches you could start out with your third main and if you were dying the last life would be your best character who could hopefully save the day for you.

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet, but at the same time I'm not sure how it could be implemented without feeling too restricting or too complicated to set up.

Neiteio

I just want to say "you're welcome" for the thread I made that quarantined 1,000+ posts debating the appropriateness of the new Samus outfit

Jawmuncher

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet, but at the same time I'm not sure how it could be implemented without feeling too restricting or too complicated to set up.

Player side I can't see it being that complicated.
Players 1-4 could only pick 1 character for their tag roster.
The the stocks themselves could just be small face logo of said character.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just want to say "you're welcome" for the thread I made that quarantined 1,000+ posts debating the appropriateness of the new Samus outfit
Most people making a big deal over it don't post in this thread and would have likely not even known about it if it wasn't for that thread.

emb

We could have hit the next thread 20 pages sooner. What is it with this 'new thread for new news' oppression?
Kappa

Changing topics a little, I love the idea of the distinction between master and Pokeballs. However I wish the pokemon selections could be redone. If it was up to me it'd be 10 pokemon per generation shared between the master and Pokeballs.

Generation 1:
Clefairy- Moonblast
Snorlax- same as Smash currently
Psyduck- hit him as many times as you want which builds and releases a stronger confusion attack.
Gengar- Nightshade making the entire stage dark and players get harmed if near Gengar
Chansey- same as smash
Eevee- same as Smash
Meowth- same as Smash

Masterball:
Mew
Zapdos
Articuno

Generation 2:
Marril- same as smash
Togepi- same as smash
Wobbufet- same as smash
Unown- same as Smash
Scizor- same as Smash
Quilava- flame wheel

Masterball:
Ho-oh
Lugia
Suicune
Celebi

Generation 3:
Grovyle- jumps around performing leaf blade and bullet seed
Torchic
Castform- changes the weather between sunny (can recover health), thunderstorms (random thunderbolt hit the stage), or Hail (hail causes some damage and occasional freezing)
Gardevoir
Plusle and Minun- can either power up pokeball thrower or damage other players based on random 50-50 chance

Masterball:
Deoxys
Groudon
Kyogre
Latias/Latios
Jirachi

Generation 4:
Piplup
Buizel- uses aqua jet and blasts around on stage
Bonsly
Mamoswine-rampages through stage until it falls off.

Masterball:
Giratina
Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Darkrai
Regigas

Generation 5:
Oshawot- uses Razor Shell
Scrafty- hi jump kick
Monkey trio- all three attack at once. Fire to the left of where they are summoned, water to the right and grass straight up
Musharna- releases pink gas that makes players fall asleep
Krokorok- Sandstorm

Masterball:
kyurem- chances are split evenly on whether you get Kyurem with Glaciate, White Kyurem with Fusion Flare, or Black Kyurem with Fusion Bolt
Victini
Meloetta- performs Relic Song. The attack base is wide but the effect is random. Players have a 45-45 chance of either getting damaged or being put to sleep. 10% chance of being KO'd.
Genesect
Keldeo- Summons the other musketeer pokemom to attack.

Generation 6:
Chespin
Aegislash- Night slash
Hawlucha- Flying Press
Dedenne
Tyrantrum
Floette- Fairy Wind

Masterball:
Yveltal
Xerneas
Zygarde
Diancie

Veeboy

I've spent most of the day on smash related forums, and this is fairly accurate. There are some people who disagree with the outfit choice, but they're quickly shouted down. I mean, people have a right to be upset about the design choice both from a fan perspective and a feminist perspective, but its like such an echo chamber in these threads like people preemptively getting upset at feminist arguments that aren't even all that prevalent.

It's just so weird to me, but unfortunately not unexpected.

I want toon link to have this victory taunt. :3

Toon Link is so adorable.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I don't know if you intend to do that or not but I believe that thread is unnecessary due to moferator's request since he said he's okay with characters and stages having thread. Plus you had to made one with clickbaiting title which made the thread pretty worse.

Well that thread is going to make SmashGAF look bad. :/.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't know if you intend to do that or not but I believe that thread is unnecessary due to moferator's request since he said he's okay with characters and stages having thread. Plus you had to made one with lure baiting title which made the thread pretty worse.

SmashGAF already looks bad. Just embrace it :p And yeah, I agree the thread title could've been phrased better though Neiteio didn't intend for there to be any controversy. I'm not even sure the alt costume deserved a thread of its own to be honest. 95% of the posts he "quarantined" wouldn't have even existed had he not created the thread in the first place.

I don't know if you intend to do that or not but I believe that thread is unnecessary due to moferator's request since he said he's okay with characters and stages having thread. Plus you had to made one with clickbaiting title which made the thread pretty worse.

You say that like people dont already think SmashGAF is bad.

ffdgh

Nah. Samus always bring out the "best" in gaf whenever there's a topic about her.

DaBoss

"New threads only for newly revealed characters and stages" is in the OP.
Sure, ignore the guy that found actual information about the game and keep making nudist jokes.

:(
I don't know what you expected in this thread. It isn't like people discuss Smash here most of the time.

Anyways, thank you for posting that info.

Jawmuncher

This being absent from Brawl was nearly as great a fault as tripping.

He has one taunt in the actual games. One awesome taunt.

And you go and make up 3 random shit taunts. wtf.

At least he didn't have the same taunt 4 times.
Cardboardbox_1.jpg

Also gives me a excuse to post this

A lot of the Snake and Ike art is why I took him up as my second character.

Better get your Nintendo History books out, because our next newcomer nomination is:
aonndm.png

Fighter Hayabusa

Notable Appearences
Pro Wrestling (1986)

Bio
Fighter Hayabusa is a character from the Nintendo Entertainment System game Pro Wrestling. He is of Japanese descent who was born on September 18, 1951. He weighs 230 lb. and is six foot two. His special move is the Back Brain Kick. When Fighter Hayabusa performs the Back Brain Kick, he goes beside his opponent, jumps up and kicks them behind their head, knocking them down. Fighter Hayabusa is based on the Japanese wrestler Antonio Inoki; not only do they look similar in appearance, but Hayabusa's Back Brain Kick is exactly the same move that Inoki performed that made him famous worldwide. Pro Wrestling is also noted for containing the phrase “A WINNER IS YOU” when a player wins a match, leading it to become an internet meme.

What NeoGAF Says
“I think it would be awesome to have a full fledged grappler character, and he would be great as a retro revival participant.” - Hours Left

What do you guys think? We know Sakurai likes his retro characters, but would this be a good choice for a character revival? Would a true grapple character be fun in the context of Smash? Is a winner you?

Previous Newcomer Nominations (click on them to find out more!)

Note: Unlike veterans, the newcomers being posted are not being revealed in order of most votes due to the amount of different choices; I'm just sharing the ones I find most interesting. However, for the last five newcomers, I will present those in order as the newcomers who got the most votes.

Top Bottom