• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

A word of caution, Pokémon fans did the exact same thing with Pignite and Lickilicky, and Pignite turned out to be real

spoilers: dealing with completely new characters and using characters from other games is a very different story

also some of these roster choices are laughable to begin with on their own

Azure J

Nah, Takamaru was a bad choice. Of the ATs, maybe Skull Kid would be a decent Fighter. Maybe.

Eh, agree to disagree. (Especially when Lyn, Saki, Issac [more than likely] are still ATs and Ashley, Phosphora, Magnus [as much as I'm eh on the character] and Dark Samus join them.)

Part of me wants this to be true just for the Duck Hunt Dog fans but at the same time, I don't like the idea of Ice Climbers being gone and Lucas/Wolf/Snake being sold piecemeal versus being on the roster from the jump.

Pikma

Banned
LSpdAVr.gif
Bye bye #TeamReal

Makai

Eh, agree to disagree. (Especially when Lyn, Saki, Issac [more than likely] are still ATs and Ashley, Phosphora, Magnus [as much as I'm eh on the character] and Dark Samus join them.)

Part of me wants this to be true just for the Duck Hunt Dog fans but at the same time, I don't like the idea of Ice Climbers being gone and Lucas/Wolf/Snake being sold piecemeal versus being on the roster from the jump.
I'd trade all four for Mr. Peepers, personally. This coming from a Snake-exclusive player in Brawl.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I thought of something else.

How many people do you think it takes to rate a game for the ESRB? Probably less then 10. Do you really think that ESRB management wouldn't know who they assign to certain games? Nintendo would call the ESRB and have the testers interrogated to find the culprit. Boom, the "leaker" losses his job and gets fined.

My idea, with the DLC fully downloaded and the game patched to the latest, post WiiU release version
bvVusmp.jpg

Obviously, some of the single characters can be moved around a bit, but once you add in the DLC characters, everything fits together a lot cleaner. Surprisingly so.

Berordn

The fact that you're calling it a "hashtag war" and saying things like "draw a line in the sand and turn this into a bipartisan warzone" tells me I'm right: that you're taking all of this WAY too seriously. It's just a different way of expressing hype. All of this is hype in the end, and hype is fun.

But hey, just don't participate in it if you don't agree. No need to poop on the party for the rest of us.

Ignoring that there's some precedent that it does little but derail threads, you're seriously overestimating my concern over these rumors anyway, but do as you please I guess.

I just don't see what a giant wall of names is going to accomplish but act as a giant post of "HERE ARE LOSERS" when it all comes down to it.

edit: for clarification, I'm not saying anything about people shouting allegience as a spur of the moment thing in posts, that's whatever and that's just riding the wave because any set of images of this magnitude is going to cause a stir and kneejerk reactions. I'm just asking that nothing happens that escalates it beyond what it currently is, which is all in the heat of the moment.

For me the biggest thing (besides the ridiculousness of Duck Hunt Dog) is that Baby Bowser isn't next to Bowser. Also, Dr. Mario being far away from the rest of the Mario staff.

i liked the "leak" till i noticed there was no mewtwo. Real or fake I <3 leaks with Mewtwo in them, it makes me believe even more(even when the "leaks" end up being fake). So the leak gets a 2/10. 2 points because I the render they did for ness and duck hunt(though I'm not a fan of duck hunt)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I would be really surprised if Dr. Mario returns. That's the main reason I think it is fake.

Well since Brawl, Dr. Mario did return in Mario Online RX, Dr. Mario Express, and sort-of Dr. Luigi...plus NES Remix.

In a way, he represents the Digital Download era of Nintendo!

RomanceDawn

Sakurai: When designing the model for Shulk, I noticed how similar his jaw line was to Little Mac. Once I altered a few of Mac's assets Shulk appeared right before our eyes.

Seriously I don't think they match up well at all.

What ever the case this leak seems pretty legit to me but I guess as usual we will just wait and see. If it is real though I'm slightly bummed about my big 3 not making it. Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't think having a "clone corner" on the roster makes any sense at all, and it sticks out there. Especially since Toon Link is still packed with Zelda characters.

Also that DLC would be fucking miserable. 4 brawl 'cut' characters that return late and 1 newcomer.

For me the biggest thing (besides the ridiculousness of Duck Hunt Dog) is that Baby Bowser isn't next to Bowser. Also, Dr. Mario being far away from the rest of the Mario staff.

The basic idea of that is just that they're in the "clone corner." Which seems really silly.

That said, I expect it's fake, but I would honestly be pretty okay with this outcome. Especially with Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Chorus Kids as DLC, and the fact that the leaker claims to have not unlocked everything the game has to offer yet.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Alright people, can we stop the Team votes? It's taking away actual discussion of actual info we know is in the game, like for example the veteran votings.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yep! Spent the past month moving back to the states.

Hopefully it went smooth for you!

My idea, with the DLC fully downloaded and the game patched to the latest, post WiiU release version
bvVusmp.jpg

Obviously, some of the single characters can be moved around a bit, but once you add in the DLC characters, everything fits together a lot cleaner. Surprisingly so.

Hmmm. Do you honestly think that DLC characters would move the placements around. I kinda doubt that.

pmtkra.png

Luigi
18th Place (Victory Music!)

Notable Appearences
Mario Bros (1983)
Super Mario. Bros. (1985)
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (1986)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (1988)
Super Mario World (1990)
Mario Kart Series (1992-Present)
Mario Is Missing! (1992)
Mario Party Series (1998-Present)
Luigi’s Mansion (2001)
Mario & Luigi Series (2003-Present)
Super Mario 64 DS (2004)
Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
New Super Mario Bros. (2006)
New Super Mario Bros Wii (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U (2012/2013)
Luigi’s Mansion 2 (2013)
Super Mario 3D World (2013)

Bio
Luigi is Mario's younger, taller, thinner twin brother. He is a major protagonist of the Mario series. Luigi has helped and fought alongside his brother on many occasions. Throughout his life, he has lived in Mario's shadow, developing both cowardly and heroic tendencies. Mario Bros. marks his first appearance in the Mario series and his debut in general. Originally a palette swap of Mario, Luigi was created to facilitate a second player option. Since the two-player mode was dropped from most main Super Mario games beginning with Super Mario Land, Luigi has gained his own identity and personality. This is especially noticeable in installments for the Luigi's Mansion series of games, as well as the Mario & Luigi series.

What NeoGAF Says
“Since Mario All-Stars was my first video game and I grew up as the younger brother, Luigi was the first video game character I got attached to. He was also my first main in Smash 64 and it is now a tradition for me to main him in every single Smash Bros. I love the speed and priority of his aerials.” - Kouichi

“Slippery and has the funniest taunts.” -ShinLuigi

“He's funny lol” - PadWarrior

tumblr_inline_mr60stvbWG1qz4rgp.gif

Congrats, Luigi!

Previous Veteran Rankings (click on them to find out more!)

Top Bottom