• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harada ponders "Xenosaga HD Collection"

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
To Xenosaga fan community.

I do understand that you all are desiring "Xenosaga HD collection".
Also, I do appreciate all your passionate comments.
I do understand your feeling to "tweet every day until the day Xenosaga HD collection comes real".
However, what I need in order to achieve your dream, is not to have tweets from the "same person" sent to me every day.
It has been a long time since Xenosaga has been released.
It really brings back memories of those days they were developing the first Xenosaga staying up all night, when the TEKKEN Project was also staying up all night on the same floor at office.

A while back, triggered by the overseas version of Project X zone, I have conducted a research and calculated if there is a business chance for Xenosaga HD remaster.
It was a very simple research at that time. Yet, research does cost money.
And at that time, I was not able to seek business chance.
In other words, I was not able to find the necessary market size that will pay for the development fee needed to create the HD remaster.
Back then, the reactions on SNS and unique users were rather few in number.
It may be that I didn't work hard enough.
Measures such as kickstarters are as of last resort, and at any rate we will not have a chance of winning as it stands now. It will not gather people by crowdfunding without creating some kind of big movement to support it.
To be honest, I was about to give up and I'm troubled.

What I need, are the voices from many fans.
This is a little different from having "messages sent every day from the same person".
Although I do understand the deep love for the game, more than that, the cheers from as many "unique users" as possible is what is needed.

Digging further, I will not be able to believe comments like "I'll buy 100 copies!". Most companies will not believe in it.
It is not realistic for one person to tweet 100 times every day, or buy 100 copies alone.
It's more realistic if you bring 10 fans to the game (not to mention, it wouldn't mean anything by having the same person suddenly creating alternate accounts. I will be able to tell those).

What's important in these kinds of cases is the number of unique users.
It means more to have 100 people mentioning they want the game one time, rather than having one person repeating it 100 times.
A miracle would happen if several tens of thousands are gathered at the end.
Of course, involvement from the company is needed for this but...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ng78i3

So... #OperationKOSMOS?

EDIT: #OperationKOSMOS is a-go! https://twitter.com/OperationKosMos

Anteater

any release would be good, physical ps2 games are hard to find in some regions, and not to mention I don't think they released all the games in europe

Brick

I read Xenoblade. FUCK!

I did the exact same thing.

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
So what do I have to do, just tweet to him saying I would like Xenosaga HD collection?

Who owns the rights? If its monilith themselves it is likely going to be on wiiu right?

Mostly likely Namco would own the right, though I wouldn't mind it being released on the Wii U.

Zhao_Yun

any release would be good, physical ps2 games are hard to find in some regions, and not to mention I don't think they released all the games in europe

They only released the 2nd game here in Europe. I recently bought 1 and 2 but it's very hard to find 3 :(

Who owns the rights? If its monilith themselves it is likely going to be on wiiu right?

Pretty sure Namco do own Xenosaga, but to me its destination is most likely on Wii U, it ALSO depends if Monolith own any rights to say the code and whatnot, or even co-own anything. The series was their baby.

duckroll

Digging further, I will not be able to believe comments like "I'll buy 100 copies!". Most companies will not believe in it.

Lol. Harada sounds really open and pragmatic here. I'm surprised.

Sophia

As much as I'd absolutely love to see an HD Collection of 1 and 3, I think the best we can hope for PS2 classics. There's probably a lot of red tape to go through because of Monolith Soft being bought by Nintendo.

Given the state of the Xenosaga fanbase as a whole, his logic is reasonable. Not exactly a big dedicated fanbase.

I don't think Xenoblade is actually part of the Xenosaga series, just a similar name.

Yes but the xenosaga series was developed by monolith. Monolith now is a nintendo subsediary.

i imagine bandai namco and nintendo made a deal about legacy content when buying them though

As much as I'd absolutely love to see an HD Collection of 1 and 3, I think the best we can hope for PS2 classics. There's probably a lot of red tape to go through because of Monolith Soft being bought by Nintendo.

Which they wouldn't have to worry about if it was Wii U exclusive.

PS2 Classics seems a better choice. At least release the games. I mean the Xenosaga series has been finished for eight years now and there won't be another eentry. Almost all HD Collections are of current franchises. Also unlike Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts or Tales you don't have one game and a semi-sequel to HD at a time. You would have to release all three games together. I just don't see these selling well at all.

tokkun

The games look pretty good already when oversampled in PCSX2, so I'm really only interested if they:

1. Rebalance the combat in XS2.
2. Restore the bits that were censored in the original release.

SerTapTap

Do it. I still have the disks, but do it.

Also, leave an optional censor. Albedo tearing his own head off is pretty amazing in it's own right.

Cheeky

Oh hell yes, I pretty much imported a NTSC PS2 just to play the XS games and 3 is amongst my most favorite games. I would love the chance to play it on the PS3/PS4/PSV.

Given the state of the Xenosaga fanbase as a whole, his logic is reasonable. Not exactly a big dedicated fanbase.

I believe Namdai owns the IP and have the rights to do whatever they want with it. It seems like Namdai and Monolith are still on friendly terms though(Considering PXZ). PS2 classic would actually be harder because of the monolith logos i would reckon.

wilflare

Vita would be really awesome thanks to the Suspend/Resume - Xenosaga is a really long game.

If it can't be on any console other than Nintendo (due to Monolith Soft now being under Nintendo), please... don't make it a 3DS exclusive, make it available for the WiiU too

@MUWANdo

Banned

He's pretty cool in that way, and (usually) very patient in trying to explain to people that spamming him with suggestions and/or presenting personal opinions as objective marketing data isn't going to work, and that the sorts of numbers they like to throw around don't necessarily mean a whole lot to the people that matter.

As he mentioned in that message, he played a big part in securing an international release for Project X Zone, primarily because people asked about it on Twitter, so it's not like he's just blowing people off, either. I know this isn't the first time he's talked about a Xenosaga collection, for instance.

Rocky

Banned
Yes but the xenosaga series was developed by monolith. Monolith now is a nintendo subsediary.

i imagine bandai namco and nintendo made a deal about legacy content when buying them though

Oh, ok. I just remembered reading somewhere that Xenoblade wasn't really a part of that series and I didn't know Monolith developed those games as well. Is Xenogears a part of that series? Or is it just similar sounding as well.

Oh, ok. I just remembered reading somewhere that Xenoblade wasn't really a part of that series and I didn't know Monolith developed those games as well. Is Xenogears a part of that series? Or is it just similar sounding as well.

Yes. Xenogears team went independent and formed monolith. All games are somehow connected.

Renzoku

Banned
Just tell me where to sign, what to tweet, and whom to send letters.

I don't want to spend $70 on Episode III when I could spend $40 on all three in HD, or whatever it ends up being.

SerTapTap

Vita would be really awesome thanks to the Suspend/Resume - Xenosaga is a really long game.

If it can't be on any console other than Nintendo (due to Monolith Soft now being under Nintendo), please... don't make it a 3DS exclusive, make it available for the WiiU too

He didn't say "Xenosaga sub-SD collection" so I assume 3DS isn't included

Top Bottom