• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Future of Final Fantasy on Vita Depends on Fan Demand

khaaan

What more do you want from me Square?

kdKUJHv.jpg

qYI8jPn.jpg

GH2x6rz.jpg

bhKnVZz.jpg

Is it because I don't own Dissidia?

Mr. RPG

I don't want a multi-player Final Fantasy (unless it was a Final Fantasy XI HD..)

Why is it so hard to get a good single-player Final Fantasy nowadays? Seriously..

ohlawd

aren't you guys asking for too much?

shiet, we're getting that Type-0 spin off yeah? Maybe not in English but it's there. Hell, that's already one too many FFs for the platform.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys let's be realistic, if FFXII HD will happen it will be for PS4 and XB1...
We're talking about Vita version for the west here, right? I don't have numbers for Europe, but if you look at US install base:

Vita: 1.9m
PS4+XO: 6.7m

That gap will widen by March. Vita sold something like 5k in the US last month. Type-0 would have bombed on the Vita. Square's not going to lose money just to "listen to" the 20 Vita fans on gaf.

1)why are you doing Vita vs PS4 AND XB1 when i was comparing Vita and PS4?
2)why are you trying to convice people(or should i say yourself?) that Type 0 on Vita automatically excludes Type 0 on PS4 and XB1? Localized PSP version would have been enough for us(and in fact that was we were asking at the beginning)
3)You and people in general have a huge misconception about Vita and PS4 userbases, a Sony ad implied that Vita reached 10 millions, PS4 reached 10 millions recently, so yes the gap will widen but that's not enough to dismiss Vita, if you think that PS4 owners are an army while the Vita ones are very few people you are utterly wrong, but you probably know this, if not you wouldn't have added XB1 to make numbers to look higher :p
4)apparently some Americans have this misconception that NA is the only market that counts, well i have a news for you, it's not, especially for Japanese developers ;)
5)Vita games are really hard to find on stores, most of the Vita owners are heavy on digital(like me that i'm almost 100% digital)
6)I'm not begging for Type 0, at this point i really don't want it because i played the PSP version and i left it after some hours, but even more because i really don't like how Square treated us so they won't get money from me, if Square want to partially redeem themselves they need to do a good Vita exclusive, but that won't happen.

zeromcd73

Guys let's be realistic, if FFXII HD will happen it will be for PS4 and XB1...

Yep. Nothing more than a PR response to not super piss off Vita fans about the fact they aren't making anything for the system. Just look at how pissed people were when Sony said they aren't making big games for it.

With fan demand it sounds something more akin to lots of people buying the Vita, and not current holders making noise.

Top Bottom