• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF VOTES: The 1000-track game music battle of all eternity. (actual voting itt)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I tend to hate looking at the early returns.

What kind of loser just puts a checkmark next to the Grandia tracks only, not even bothering to listen to anything else on the list?

Whatever.

Timber said:
Grim Fandango has the best soundtrack of any game, like, ever! It's a crime they're not placed first, second and third!

good to see them on there though :)
Hard to complain too much, as they're quality. I voted for one of them even though I'm not really familiar with the source.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Sixfortyfive said:
I think I've been "that guy" more than once in this contest.

The stuff I nominate seems to be either top-5 or rock-bottom material. Very little in between.
I think its due to the large quantities of people who only vote for their favorites. That or you and me just have really weird music tastes at times :lol

Gruco said:
Wow. Goemon got shut down hard.
I'm not surprised. The soundtrack honestly did nothing for me

Timber

grandjedi6 said:
I'm not surprised. The soundtrack honestly did nothing for me
but... :( it's so catchy! and happy! dum dum dum dum dum you'll have it in yr head for days. this isn't just nostalgia talking, i was like 12 years old when goemon 64 came out and i was writing this 'games mag' with a friend and i gave the music in that game a fkn 10! out of ten because it was the coolest shit i'd ever heard, besides maybe zelda music. i knew it back then as well! the other goemon games (didnt play the snes one) had some tracks worth considering as well. but ah well, at least grim fandango made it.

also, this round it's
VORTAL COMBAT
please everyone vote for it, it's badass and great to play in audiosurf

Sixfortyfive

The Goemon stuff was catchy, but it didn't do quite enough for me to justify any high votes for it.

Also, I don't know if I should be surprised or not, but there isn't as much old music in this contest as I would have expected. I'm running through the whole tracklist again, and the Mega Man and Sonic groups seem to be the only ones dominated by chiptunes.

I hope the 8-bit Sonic tracks get their due.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sixfortyfive said:
- A hearty "ha ha" for everyone who kept pestering me to include Wandering Flame in the nomination thread. It only managed to reach 36th place, below all the other FFX songs. :p
GAF has no decent music comprehension, confirmed.

Ventrue

1 Icewind Dale - Easthaven
2 Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - What Kind Of Hospital Is This?
3 Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Vortal Combat
4 Hitman 4: Blood Money - Apocalypse
5 Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - Guard Down
6 Half-Life - Diabolical Adrenaline Guitar
7 Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Last Legs
8 Half-Life 2 - Triage At Dawn
9 Half-Life - Nuclear Mission Jam
10 Icewind Dale 2 - Skeleton Of A Town
11 Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - Penultimatum
12 Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Sector Sweep
13 Half-Life 2 - Apprehension And Evasion
14 Half-Life 2 - Kaon

Half Life has great music, so I spent some time ordering them to my tastes. Blood Money surprised me, but I like it. Nobody else is going to vote for Icewind Dale and I didn't realise how this was going to work so I didn't nominate a track for it, and I absolutely love the music. The IWD2 track less so, but its okay.

Sixfortyfive

Death_Born said:
Personally, I thought the Final Fantasy results sucked.
Terra's Theme dominated, and my gut instinct of picking Man w/ the Machine Gun without really considering many other FF8 tracks for its spot was validated, so I can't complain. :lol

I have some minor gripes for the performances of a few songs in most of the sets, but the results have generally been good so far. I wish we had more Masked Mans posting positive comments about the nominees in general (as the vast majority are at least worth listening to) instead of the whining, but I'll take what I can get.

Death_Born said:
ARGH! I hate finding excluded things after the list is put up!

Halo 2 - Earth City isn't in here!
The Halo selection seems a little lacking in retrospect. Too many of them seem to use and rely on some rendition of the Halo theme. Probably should have tried to get more variety in there.

Sorry I guess.

Yaweee

speedpop said:
(concerning Wandering Flame's complete failure) GAF has no decent music comprehension, confirmed.

Wandering Flame exemplifies Hamauzu's special brand of hackery. I always get that and a few of his SaGa songs completely confused.

Sixfortyfive said:
The Halo selection seems a little lacking in retrospect. Too many of them seem to use and rely on some rendition of the Halo theme. Probably should have tried to get more variety in there.

Sorry I guess.

Wasn't your fault at all man, and we appreciate all the effort you've put into it. I think most of the people here, including myself, are just pissed that we didn't get to vote.

Sixfortyfive

permutated said:
OK who the fuck nominated this piece of shit?
Me! :lol Or if it wasn't me, then I would have gotten around to posting it myself eventually.

You never stop delivering.

Other stuff that I either nominated or seconded for this round, if you're curious:
- Guardian Heroes - Rough and Lady (Valgar's Theme)
- Hang-On - Gameplay BGM
- Super Hang-On - Winning Run
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - You
- In the Groove - Zodiac
- and one or two of the Ikaruga tracks

Gruco

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
What kind of loser just puts a checkmark next to the Grandia tracks only, not even bothering to listen to anything else on the list?
I've listed to almost everything, and I'll probably vote for little else this round. One of the Guilty Gear tracks was cool, but the Halo and Half Life stuff in particular was totally zzzzzzzz....

Gruco said:
I've listed to almost everything, and I'll probably vote for little else this round. One of the Guilty Gear tracks was cool, but the Halo and Half Life stuff in particular was totally zzzzzzzz....

*melees you in the back with butt of shotgun*

grandjedi6

Gruco said:
The second I read his post that first thing I thought was "goddammit Gruco". Somehow I knew it was you :lol

Sixfortyfive said:
Me! :lol Or if it wasn't me, then I would have gotten around to posting it myself eventually.

You never stop delivering.

Lol, sorry man, but that track is fucking horrible. Just my opinion though.

And no, I'm a bottomless pit of hate ;--)

grandjedi6

Sixfortyfive said:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - You (Pretty sure this was made for the game. Confirm/deny?)
In the Groove - Zodiac (pretty sure this is original music, confirm/deny?)
Okay I've been searching into these two since there seems to be lingering questions and as far as I can figure from google searches:

Zodiac was made by Kyle Ward who was also involved in the making of In the Groove. So I think it counts as original music for the game.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni though seems to have been made by a group made "dia". Plus wikipedia says its licensed and not original (not sure how much to trust it though). But even then the music actually originated in the visual novel of the series so I'm not sure it counts as a videogame.

Sixfortyfive

grandjedi6 said:
Okay I've been searching into these two since there seems to be lingering questions and as far as I can figure from google searches:

Zodiac was made by Kyle Ward who was also involved in the making of In the Groove. So I think it counts as original music for the game.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni though seems to have been made by a group made "dia". Plus wikipedia says its licensed and not original (not sure how much to trust it though). But even then the music actually originated in the visual novel of the series so I'm not sure it counts as a videogame.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Zodiac is legit as far as this contest goes, in the same manner as how Konami originals count for DDR and the Banya group counts for Pump It Up.

The other song is a little vague. From what I've read, Dai specifically made the song for the game and I allow it for that reason. (For the record, the visual novel of Higurashi predates the anime/manga, so that's why I'm considering it to be game music and not anime music.)

Capndrake

Mostly Half-Life for me this round.

Here's a better video for Last Ninja 3 - Water (Which is coming up in 2 sets) by the way, the other one doesn't actually start until 3:25.

Masked Man

I said wow
Gruco said:
Wow. Goemon got shut down hard.

Seriously, sad. I might have at least been satisfied if Kai Highway made it on the top group, but whatever.

Sixfortyfive said:
I have some minor gripes for the performances of a few songs in most of the sets, but the results have generally been good so far. I wish we had more Masked Mans posting positive comments about the nominees in general (as the vast majority are at least worth listening to) instead of the whining, but I'll take what I can get.
:D

My apologies for not posting stuff like that recently--it's midterm week and, needless to say, I've been quite busy.

batbeg

Hitman 2 didn't work for me for some reason.

Anyway, I guess a lot of my votes will be outside the usual as I didn't dig any of the Half-Life or Halo. Here's my little list:

ICO - You were there
ICO - Castle in the mist
Guardian Heroes - Rough and Lady (Valgar's Theme)
Gremlins 2 - Stage 1
God Hand - End Credits
Guilty Gear X - Blue Water, Blue Sky (May)
Guilty Gear X2 - Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)
Hang-On - Gameplay BGM
The Sims - Since We Met
Grandia - Müllen
Headhunter - Jack's Theme

Hang-On and Gremlins 2 were fucking awesome surprises, some really cool songs.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Also, the Headhunter song sounds oddly familiar, even though I've never played the game. It's that violin part starting around 0:37, I swear I've heard that tune before. It then starts back up at 1:16. Where the FUCK have I heard that?

1. ICO - You were there
2. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Vortal Combat
3. Hybris (Amiga) - Intro
4. Grandia - Theme of Grandia
5. Ikaruga - Faith
6. Hitman 4: Blood Money - Apocalypse
7. Guardian Heroes - Rough and Lady (Valgar's Theme)
8. Ikaruga - Metempsychosis
9. Halo - Halo
10. Halo 3 - Halo Finale
11. Guilty Gear X - Blue Water, Blue Sky (May)
12. ICO - Castle in the mist
13. Half-Life 2 - Kaon
14. Ikaruga - The Stone Like
15. Guilty Gear X2 - Still In The Dark
16. God Hand - End Credits
17. Half-Life - Diabolical Adrenaline Guitar
18. Icewind Dale - Easthaven
19. Icewind Dale 2 - Skeleton Of A Town
20. Hang-On - Gameplay BGM

ZealousD

1. Halo 3 - Main Theme
2. Ikaruga - Faith
3. Headhunter - Jack's Theme
4. ICO - You were there
5. God Hand - End Credits
6. Ikaruga - The Stone Like
7. Halo 2 - In Amber Clad
8. ICO - Castle in the mist
9. Halo - Covenant Dance
10. Grandia 2 - Fight v3
11. Ikaruga - Metempsychosis
12. Hybris (Amiga) - Intro
13. Grandia 3 - Theme of Grandia 3
14. Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - Penultimatum
15. In the Groove - Zodiac
16. Guilty Gear X - Blue Water, Blue Sky (May)
17. Grandia - Battle Theme 3
18. Guilty Gear X2 - Suck a Sage

Lots of good picks this round, that's the closest I ever got to 20 songs. I think the Half-Life songs are a bit overrated, though still good. I really hope Jack's Theme does well, but I bet too many people are going to skip it because they've never played the game before.

As for the Halo songs, here's a suggestion. Since so many of them are variants on the main theme, how about you just let one of the variants into the Top Ten? The highest one stays in and then you just cut the rest and move the list up.

Cosmozone

Comments on the results: What a disappointment. Gradius at the bottom of the list, no Gitaroo Man(!!), nothing worthwhile in the Top Ten. Golden Eye!?!?!?!?? Too bad about Goemon, but nothing in the lineup really stood out to me as well and overall they were decent soundtracks.

I had similar problems as with the last set, a lot of semi-catchy stuff I couldn't order that well. ICO's You were there is the only real highlight of the set, but it's not bad at all. Headhunter - Jack's Theme is quite nice (never heard of the game), but it lacks good ideas. Ugh, the Half Lives have the worst soundtrack I ever heard. I so much wanted to hate Halo instead for being a MS product and all but it's decent whatever that means. To my surprise there was even a tune (Halo 2 - In Amber Clad) I quite liked. The list:

1. ICO - You were there
2. Headhunter - Jack's Theme
3. ICO - Castle in the mist
4. Grandia - Müllen
5. Icewind Dale 2 - Skeleton Of A Town
6. Halo 2 - In Amber Clad
7. In the Groove - Zodiac
8. Hang-On - Gameplay BGM
9. Gremlins 2 - Stage 1
10. Guilty Gear X2 - Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)
11. Hybris (Amiga) - Intro
12. Hybris (Amiga) - Gameplay
13. The Sims - Since We Met
14. Ikaruga - The Stone Like
15. Super Hang-On - Winning Run
16. House of the Dead - Magician (Final Boss)
17. Halo - Covenant Dance
18. Ikaruga - Faith
19. Grandia - Theme of Grandia
20. God Hand - End Credits

(Sorry, had to edit the list).

Drakken

Neither Gitaroo Man song made the top 10? Wow, I'm disappointed. Especially since Grim Fandango and Goldeneye 007 each got three songs through. Don't get me wrong, both of those are quality soundtracks with music that worked well in the games, but I can't help but feel like the popularity of the games (in particular Goldeneye) contributed to all of their songs getting through over a fantastic song like The Legendary Theme.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to vote, but if I had, Legendary Theme and Bee Jam Blues would have tied for 10th. Bummer.

As for the current set, there's a decent amount of good stuff. It's disappointing to see 11 of the 50 songs are from the Half-Life series, though. Obviously those games have a large fan-base, which explains all the noms (see above or below), but Half-Life's music is extremely forgettable (Kaon? Are you kidding me?) adrenaline/ambient electronic music for the most part. Certainly not something I'd ever listen to outside of the games, much less consider worthy of so many spots in a best game music contest.

I may be totally wrong on this, but it seems a good amount of people are voting (and made their nominations) based on the games and what they attach the songs to rather than the music quality itself. That's to be expected of course (I'll admit I sometimes find it hard to separate music from memories), but as a vgm fan, it's still a bit frustrating.

(This post may come off as snobbish, but hey, it's how I feel.)

Ventrue

Drakken said:
but Half-Life's music is extremely forgettable (Kaon? Are you kidding me?) adrenaline/ambient electronic music for the most part. Certainly not something I'd ever listen to outside of the games, much less consider worthy of so many spots in a best game music contest.

I may be totally wrong on this, but it seems a good amount of people are voting (and made their nominations) based on the games and what they attach the songs to rather than the music quality itself. That's to be expected of course (I'll admit I sometimes find it hard to separate music from memories), but as a vgm fan, it's still a bit frustrating.

The thing is, in a discussion of music in games, it is inevitable to look at how the music is USED. Some 'video game music' never appears except on the soundtrack. Game music isn't created for separate listening, but for enhancing the experience. What is important with Half-Life in particular is that the music is always used very well, kicking in to enhance the gameplay at just the right time. Similarly, it would be unusual for someone to listen to the music from, say, Rez separately, but that game is recognised as a fantastic musical game.

A game can have bad gameplay or be generally terrible and still have great music if it is used in a good way, however. And I have been voting for some games I haven't played, but only things I think stand up on their own because I don't know how they are used.

Gruco

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
The second I read his post that first thing I thought was "goddammit Gruco". Somehow I knew it was you :lol
:lol That is awesome

That wasn't me who voted all Grandia, but I just voted and wasn't far off:

1) Grandia 2 - Fight v3
2) Grandia - Müllen
3) Grandia - Battle Theme 3
4) Grandia - Theme of Grandia
5) ICO - Castle in the mist
6) Guilty Gear X2 - Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)
7) Grandia 3 - Theme of Grandia 3

scarybore

Halo 3 - Main Theme was removed from Youtube though I daresay it was just Halo Finale under a different name, can't think of anything else it could be.

I forgot how nice Headhunters music was (Richard Jacques FTW), I think it was the last game I played on my Dreamcast before it became exclusively used for PSO. All I remember of the game is banging into walls a lot on a motorbike.

The thing is, in a discussion of music in games, it is inevitable to look at how the music is USED. Some 'video game music' never appears except on the soundtrack. Game music isn't created for separate listening, but for enhancing the experience. What is important with Half-Life in particular is that the music is always used very well, kicking in to enhance the gameplay at just the right time. Similarly, it would be unusual for someone to listen to the music from, say, Rez separately, but that game is recognised as a fantastic musical game.

To be honest I find Half-Life music pretty forgettable (though likable) except for Hazardous Environments which plays at start up over the Valve logo and so I did nominate that, but I understand why it didn't get through as out of context its not exactly the most rousing or interesting piece of music ever, not to mention it being only about 15 seconds long in-game. But to me, that music is Half-Life, it just isn't really suited for this thread sadly.

And I must be fucking weird as I listen to both the Rez and Half-Life soundtracks regulary. :p

A game can have bad gameplay or be generally terrible and still have great music if it is used in a good way, however.

Yup, just like
Final Fantasy!
*runs for the hills*

ZealousD

Deathcraze said:
Halo 3 - Main Theme was removed from Youtube though I daresay it was just Halo Finale under a different name, can't think of anything else it could be.

It was basically the same thing as "Halo - Halo" with some minor differences.

Sibylus

Banned
Drakken said:
(This post may come off as snobbish, but hey, it's how I feel.)
I nominated quite a few of those. I honestly listen to them outside of the game, so, sorry, I guess my musical tastes are different from yours :lol

grandjedi6

It's soooo hard to choose. There are so many good songs this round with no duds at all. I just hope half-life and halo don't sweep the whole thing. Not that they aren't good songs either but I'd like to see a little variety in such a strong round, especially when alot of the Halo songs are similar.

Sibylus

Banned
Daaaaamn, I liked nearly everything, had to make some cuts I'd rather not.

1. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Vortal Combat
2. Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - What Kind Of Hospital Is This?
3. Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - Penultimatum
4. Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - Guard Down
5. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Sector Sweep
6. Halo - Covenant Dance
7. Half-Life 2 - Triage At Dawn
9. ICO - You were there
10. Half-Life - Nuclear Mission Jam
11. Halo - Halo
12. Halo 2 - In Amber Clad
13. Halo - Truth and Reconciliation Suite
14. In the Groove - Zodiac
15. Hybris (Amiga) - Gameplay
16. Headhunter - Jack's Theme
17. Icewind Dale 2 - Skeleton Of A Town
18. Guardian Heroes - Rough and Lady (Valgar's Theme)
19. Ikaruga - Faith
20. Ikaruga - The Stone Like

scarybore

I really enjoyed that set, would have voted for a lot more had it been possible.

1. Halo - Halo
2. Half-Life - Nuclear Mission Jam
3. Headhunter - Jack's Theme
4. Halo 2 - In Amber Clad
5. Hitman 2 - 47 in St Petersberg
6. Halo 3 - Roll Call
7. Hitman 4: Blood Money - Apocalypse
8. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Vortal Combat
9. ICO - Castle in the mist
10. Halo - Covenant Dance
11. Halo 2 - Heretic Hero
12. Hang-On - Gameplay BGM
13. Half-Life 2 - Apprehension And Evasion
14. Ikaruga - Faith
15. House of the Dead - Magician (Final Boss)
16. Hybris (Amiga) - Intro
17. Gremlins 2 - Stage 1
18. Guardian Heroes - Rough and Lady (Valgar's Theme)
19. Ikaruga - The Stone Like
20. Hybris (Amiga) - Gameplay

Sciz

Drakken said:
This is why I've barred myself from voting. While I'm a huge fan of game music, I generally can't appreciate it properly without having actually played the game.

Maybe I'll jump in for the Sonic or Mega Man rounds, but after a certain point trying to say that one excellent song is objectively better than another excellent song just feels silly, especially when I have very little familiarity with the tunes in the first place.

ZealousD

So ScrewAttack put up their list for the Top Ten themes.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41663.html

10. Sonic 1 - Green Hill Zone
9. Donkey Kong Country - King K Rool theme
8. Final Fantasy - Prelude
7. Secret of Mana - Main Theme
6. Duck Tales - The Moon
5. Super Mario Brothers - Main Theme
4. Super Metroid - Main Theme
3. Duke Nukem 3D - Main Theme
2. Mega Man 2 - Dr Wily Stage 1 and 2
1. Legend of Zelda - Main Theme

Pretty big focus on nostalgia and main themes, I hope GAF doesn't go down the same path. Some surprises though.

On that note, the Duke 3D theme not being on the nominations list was the breaking point for me on suggesting the late nominations round. If there's a voting restriction and I don't end up nominating it, I hope somebody else will pick it up.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ZealousD said:
So ScrewAttack put up their list for the Top Ten themes.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41663.html

10. Sonic 1 - Green Hill Zone
9. Donkey Kong Country - King K Rool theme
8. Final Fantasy - Prelude
7. Secret of Mana - Main Theme
6. Duck Tales - The Moon
5. Super Mario Brothers - Main Theme
4. Super Metroid - Main Theme
3. Duke Nukem 3D - Main Theme
2. Mega Man 2 - Dr Wily Stage 1 and 2
1. Legend of Zelda - Main Theme

Pretty big focus on nostalgia and main themes, I hope GAF doesn't go down the same path. Some surprises though.

On that note, the Duke 3D theme not being on the nominations list was the breaking point for me on suggesting the late nominations round. If there's a voting restriction and I don't end up nominating it, I hope somebody else will pick it up.

Blargh. Expected all of this, but blargh.

Masked Man

I said wow
I'll REALLY try to get this done by tomorrow afternoon, but if you can hold off until, say, 5, that would be great. :D (Maybe a little later than that...?)

PBalfredo

1. Ikaruga - Faith
2. Grandia - Theme of Grandia
3. Guilty Gear X2 - Still In The Dark
4. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Vortal Combat
5. Ikaruga - The Stone Like
6. Ikaruga - Metempsychosis
7. Guilty Gear X - Blue Water, Blue Sky (May)
9. Half-Life 2 - Triage At Dawn
10. Grandia - Battle Theme 3
11. Halo - Halo
12. Headhunter - Jack's Theme
13. The Sims - Since We Met

Here's my quick and dirty list. Good stuff in this group. Grandia was a pleasant surprise, but Ikaruga is still king of the round in my book.

Sixfortyfive

One hour to go until the next set.

For the record, Jet Set Radio - Miller Ball Breakers is going to be replaced by Solstice - Title. The former is probably my favorite JSR song, but someone pointed out that it was licensed from an existing album, not created for the game.

EDIT: I'm also thinking of settling on these rules for the late nomination round:

- everybody gets to pick ONE song per game, and up to 10 songs total (maybe less, not sure yet)
- submitted via PM instead of through the thread so that people can't game the system by waiting for others to nominate songs they want

And then I'll pick 50 of them from the submissions, prioritizing like so:

- songs that get multiple nominations get the most priority
- then I go to songs from games that haven't been represented at all so far
- other games get consideration next

I'll only consider songs from games that already have 3 entries in the contest if I can't make it to 50 otherwise. And if I get a LOT of late submissions, then I'd consider tacking on two late rounds instead of one.

Also, I'm not going to start taking late nominations for a while, probably not for another month or so.

ZealousD

Sixfortyfive said:
EDIT: I'm also thinking of settling on these rules for the late nomination round:

- everybody gets to pick ONE song per game, and up to 10 songs total (maybe less, not sure yet)
- submitted via PM instead of through the thread so that people can't game the system by waiting for others to nominate songs they want

And then I'll pick 50 of them from the submissions, prioritizing like so:

- songs that get multiple nominations get the most priority
- then I go to songs from games that haven't been represented at all so far
- other games get consideration next

I'll only consider songs from games that already have 3 entries in the contest if I can't make it to 50 otherwise. And if I get a LOT of late submissions, then I'd consider tacking on two late rounds instead of one.

Those sound like pretty good rules to me.

In terms of songs that already have 3 entries in the contest, is there any chance you could make an exception for Phoenix Wright - Cornered? In other rounds, we had time to make suggestions on changes prior to you putting them up, but since the Ace Attorney series was in Round 1 we didn't have the chance. It seemed like that was an extremely unpopular decision to me.

Edit: You know what? I'm thinking about the PM thing. I'm not sure I like it. Now, in a situation where people could only nominate one song, I think I would agree with it. But in a situation where songs are given better priority based on the number of nominations, there's really nothing to game, is there?

Sixfortyfive

~ ROUND 7 RESULTS ~

10) Hang-On - Gameplay BGM (212)

9) Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Vortal Combat (223)

8) God Hand - End Credits (233)

7) Ikaruga - Metempsychosis (264)

6) Ikaruga - The Stone Like (289)

5) Halo - Halo (299)

4) Ikaruga - Faith (306)

3) Grandia - Theme of Grandia (337)

2) ICO - You were there (407)

1) ICO - Castle in the mist (500)

Complete results for round 7 can be found here.

- Turnout seems to have leveled off at the mid-50s.
- We had an aggressive ballot stuffer this time around (first time I've noticed anyone voting more than 2 or 3 times). Seemed to be a Halo fan, as several of those songs dropped like a rock in the results after I axed the votes.
- Hang-On snuck into the top 10. Even though I nominated it, I didn't expect that. Shenmue fans coming out of the woodwork?
- Ikaruga had a very strong showing. It's one of my favorite games ever, and I think the soundtrack is used to great effect (perfect choreography with the action onscreen and whatnot), but I'm not sure it's that worthy.

Round 8 is up.

Top Bottom