• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Wallpapers & Hi-Res Artwork ~Official Thread~

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Orioto... wow.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia:

Measurements:
● 2336 x 4134
● 2336 x 4134
● 2362 x 3969
● 3543 x 3543
● 3543 x 3543
● 3543 x 3425

Omnibus

MicVlaD said:
Does anyone else have any trouble being able to log in on La.gg when using Firefox? I've been trying to for more than a week and every single time I get 500 - Internal Server Error. And yes, I'm using the correct account name and password.

I can log in through Internet Explorer however, but then I can't add up to 10 upload / transfer forms unlike with Firefox.

No problems for me. Maybe Firefox's extention is the problem?

Soule

MicVlaD said:
Dali said:
Yes, like the rest of the No more Heroes characters and any high-res Ibara art. Wallpapers not so much, just plain character art please.
I know it exists because Gamekult has them, but they did a bad job resizing some of them (mostly the sketches, their outlines look blurry all of a sudden). So I need to know where they found the original images. :[
Bit late lol but, did you have any luck finding some good NMH character art?
MicVlaD said:
Romancing Saga:

Measurements:
● 2115 x 3000

And yet there's still plenty left to be posted.
directs to filedropper, would you please re-up this?

Ok so... There are some HQ artworks for games sitting on a server where I get my press stuff from, but always overlooked it. I see this thread and I think it's only right I share them with you all! I'll try to upload a few a each day. Anyway, enjoy!

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Soule

Thanks Omnibus :) and good on you 20193 for taking up the cause :p

Sir Alemeth said:
Anyone got a Hi-Res of these:

Thanks! :)
^From page 15; did anyone ever find a hi-res version of the top pic?

Soule

Azar said:
Does anyone happen to have the Secret of Mana Map art in a decent resolution, minus the folds? It's an incredible piece that deserves a better quality scan.

2emempu.jpg

There's a 1600x1206 version of this somewhere in the thread but as far as I know the entire pic you posted which shows the top of the tree and all is not in the thread. My haphazard search attempt to find it didn't turn up any results for this higher res version (it's been posted several times just can't find the bigger version) so I'll upload the version I found in the near future if I can't find it when I check again, I'd rather quote and give credit to whoever put it up originally. Even still it'd be even better if someone could find entire pic in high res if it is out there.

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
Soule said:
2emempu.jpg

There's a 1600x1206 version of this somewhere in the thread but as far as I know the entire pic you posted which shows the top of the tree and all is not in the thread. My haphazard search attempt to find it didn't turn up any results for this higher res version (it's been posted several times just can't find the bigger version) so I'll upload the version I found in the near future if I can't find it when I check again, I'd rather quote and give credit to whoever put it up originally. Even still it'd be even better if someone could find entire pic in high res if it is out there.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/skittleguy/SADLN_fuPLI/AAAAAAAAB60/AGXwwRgdrzQ/Secret%20of%20Mana.jpg
:D

-Kh-

Banned
Does anyone have FFV, VI and XI artwork? Sigma Harmonics too~

I already grabbed all the ones in the thread, which aren't many.

Soule

Thought it'd be good to share the Cave Story wallpapers from the Cave Story WiiWare site since you can only see 2 and have to get the rest from someone else. Props to the guys in the Cave Story for WiiWare thread for getting these.

They are all 1280 x 1024

Twig

Banned
Soule said:
They are all 1280 x 1024
Ugh. In this day and age of widespread widescreen and high-res monitors, why do people insist on releasing only this low=res stuff? ):

Yeah, I'm just being bitter. But I like my stuff to fit!

angelfly

What's the cheapest way to get some of these pictures printed on posters? I must have that Shanoa picture above turned into a poster.

Soule

TheOneGuy said:
Ugh. In this day and age of widespread widescreen and high-res monitors, why do people insist on releasing only this low=res stuff? ):

Yeah, I'm just being bitter. But I like my stuff to fit!
Despite not owning a widescreen monitor and 1280x1024 being my max resolution, it annoys me as well since I'm going to upgrade in the near future and a lot of stuff won't fit properly :( That said I'll take any new Cave Story art/walls I can since I haven't come by many, I particularly like the blue pic of balrog flying
angelfly said:
What's the cheapest way to get some of these pictures printed on posters? I must have that Shanoa picture above turned into a poster.
http://www.fullsizeposters.com/
http://www.largeformatposters.com/
I don't know if they're the cheapest or best but they're some of the names that have been thrown around by people who have made posters out of these.

Azar

I got a bunch of stuff printed at fullsizeposters a couple months ago and was extremely pleased with the quality. I would definitely recommend them.

MrDaravon

I just placed an order on fullsizeposters; they're WAY cheaper than largeformat posters from the quick shopping I did. Thanks to some help from human_shield I just placed an order from fullsizeposters for both of these 24x36, and with the first time shopper discount on fullsizeposters, it was $40 shipped for both:

jvalioli said:

I'll post some pics when they show up. I also second the request for some hi-res FFVI stuff >_>

Twig

Banned
Soule said:
Despite not owning a widescreen monitor and 1280x1024 being my max resolution, it annoys me as well since I'm going to upgrade in the near future and a lot of stuff won't fit properly :( That said I'll take any new Cave Story art/walls I can since I haven't come by many, I particularly like the blue pic of balrog flying
Well, luckily, all of these wallpapers are quite easily edited to perfectly fit 1680x1050. <3

Azar

SailorDaravon said:
I also second the request for some hi-res FFVI stuff >_>
I don't remember if I've posted this in this thread or not...I don't think so though. I got it printed at fullsizeposters a couple months ago at 12x16, I believe. Could've been bigger if I'd wanted it so. Also, it's been (slightly) shopped to clean up the image and remove a page fold.

Yoshitaka Amano - Terra FFVI

Too big for la.gg ;(

Soule

Hey just a general question but does anyone know of any outstanding pokemon art? It occurred to me that the anime and games feature some really nice and varied areas and the pokemon themselves are really colourful so I thought perhaps there's some really nice environment or group art I haven't seen before.

I started thinking of it when I was looking at the Japanese Shiren boxart and it sorta reminded me of Ash n whatnot traveling around with pokemon.

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
Azar said:
I don't remember if I've posted this in this thread or not...I don't think so though. I got it printed at fullsizeposters a couple months ago at 12x16, I believe. Could've been bigger if I'd wanted it so. Also, it's been (slightly) shopped to clean up the image and remove a page fold.

Yoshitaka Amano - Terra FFVI

Too big for la.gg ;(

I would kill for more Yoshitaka Amano hi-res stuff. I got some art books of his and daaaaaaamn.

traveler

Not Wario
Wrath of the Lich King

Measurement: 1640 x 820

Measurement: 1560 x 851

Measurement: 1024 x 972

Measurement: 1024 x 614

Measurement: 1024 x 768

Soule

Some Mega Man pics and wallpapers

Measurements:
- 1680 x 1050
- 1600 x 1200
- 1366 x 768
- 1600 x 1200

- 3013 x 2444
- 1280 x 1024
- 1680 x 1050
- 1800 x 1650

I'll share this last one as well but the quality is a bit iffy

&#9679; 1280px × 800

Soule

Wark said:
Man, those are awesome. I saved all of them. I really liked the last one (with Tron Bonne) the most.

Thanks.
Yeah I love that one, I wish I knew the artist or at least where I could find some more like that because it's beautiful :D

Anyway found TF2 concept art n' stuff, might as well share that too (when I saw the alpine concept I thought it was in game :lol)

Measurements:
- 1346 x 1156
- 1600 x 814
- 1150 x 1037
- 1600 x 1420

- 747 x 1024
- 747 x 1024
- 747 x 1024

- 747 x 1024
- 747 x 1024
- 747 x 1024

And finally someone on 4chan posted some art done by the Elebits/Dewey guy, not sure where it's from but this is probably my favourite of this artist's work so far :)

1600 x 1127

EDIT: Not sure if this one is worth posting since it looks like it's just a well orchestrated posing screenshot but meh blue team need some love

Soule

Acid08 said:
Anyone have some Persona 3 and 4 artwork? I'd appreciate it :)
I think I found a couple of Persona 3 pics while sharing tonight, I'm not sure though because I haven't played it before haha. That and they might already be in the thread, one looks familiar to me but they're not in my folder which should have the vast vast majority of pics from this thread so here they are

Measurements:
- 1663 x 2420
- 1600 x 1200

EDIT: Would someone please re-up this?
Omnibus said:
Mario Strikers Charged:

Measurements:
-> 3500 x 4700

Yazuka

Here are two pieces of art from Xenosaga Episode III that I've retouched.
Not the best of work I know. But better than what available out on the net already. So I hope you will enjoy them.

Omnibus

MicVlaD said:
The second artwork seems to be removed. Could you re-upload it, Omnibus?

Done. ;-)

EXGN said:
I know this is almost 6 months later, but does anyone have this one? I went to the URL but it doesn't appear to be up anymore. That pic is absolutely awesome.

Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel:

Soule

Iced_Eagle said:
Link borked?

*Edit* Nvm, IE8 just decided not to render it :lol
That might not be the problem, it doesn't load properly for me (firefox), when I click on the link it takes me to la.gg and all that shows is
"Viva_Pinata_Trouble_in_Paradise.jpg
Save this file now"

If anyone else has the problem it still shows up when you click 'save this file now'

Soule

Omnibus said:
It's Akihito Tsukushi.

Website.

Thanks for this (and the re-uploads :) Nice edit android18a, if you ever do get to scan the original be sure to put that up, I'd love to see it.

Anyway, I've been sharing on 4chan in hopes of encouraging them to post some of their art. They're not all quite up to the kind of standard that MicVlad, omnibus and co. bust out (not many insane hi-res stuff and a few scans that I edited for quality) but there's some gems so thanks to them and here's the fruits of my labour :p
yes it is kind of labour considering the I'm on the fastest 'net plan available in my area and it's top upload speed is 256k takes like 10 minutes to share decent pics ;_; damn you Rudd give me good internets

Lineage 2

Metal Slug? Megaman, Breath of Fire? Zone of the Enders?

FFXII

Onimusha

Measurements:
- 1200 x 1692
- 1200 x 1692
- 1200 x 1692
- 1200 x 1692
- 5246 × 4500

- 1242 × 1600
- 1603 × 2247
- 2116 × 2768
- 1636 × 2892

- 2000 × 1600
- 2000 × 1600
- 2000 × 1600
- 1600 x 1600

- 1443 × 2781
- 2067 × 2944
- 1399 × 3469
- 1658 × 3729
- 2400 × 2916
- 2200 × 2977

....Wow just preview'd the post, it's a bit out of hand, I'll post the rest later but I gotta sneak this last one in

I'm hoping someone has this in higher resolution.

EDIT: sorry for the double post

Wow, I just want to thank many people in this thread for some great great contributions!

Keep up the great work! This thread is really awesome.

Soule

AzureJericho said:
You totally need to check out more of Hitoshi Ariga's stuff then if you loved this pic.
I love that pic as well, do you know where I could find more of his stuff?

TommyT

Ok, I've read most of the thread and I have a few questions (as there are a LOT of pictures that I would absolutely love to have hanging about my house):

Does an image resolution ever not matter when it comes to printing something out the size of a normal movie poster?
*Basically is there a cap on resolution or the higher the resolution the better as long as it's a scalable dimension of the poster size.

OR - Should the images just be printed at their native resolution without and scaling for the best look...

Where might be the best place to have these printed/framed from either experience or personal preference: Kinkos type place, are there online site fairly cheaper, etc.
*Would it be cheaper to have it printed then framed (online or somewhere local), frame it myself, etc.

Top Bottom