• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 NXE Dashboard Leaked to the Net!!! But theres a problem

Aw hell, everyone is doing it.

briguy992.png

Hesemonni

Banned
Rand al Thor 19 said:
Rand+al+Thor+19.png

God, i wish I could install the NXE... but i need them dates next to all my achievements :D
With a gamerscore like that achievement dates are bound to be the only dates you're going to get.

Ramenman

Sooo did someone try the ELEVATORS in Mass Effect ?

soco said:
are you really going to be playing 15 hours straight or whatever without ever getting out of your seat to go change the disc? i'm surprised at people's reactions about how difficult it is to change a disc. it takes like 15 seconds max. less than the time to go take a piss, and yet i don't hear people bitching about that nearly as much.

Even better is that some people seem to completely overlook the golden pirate door that would represent the ability to run a game without the disc. Let's rent every game in the world and install it before we send it back ! Legal Piracy ! Woohoooo ! -_-

nofi

PhlivoSong said:
May as well lock this thread if it's going to become a posting ground for mygamercard pictures.

exactly, what the fuck happened? it suddenly turned into an e-peen show.

WarLox

Its funny how the X360 is getting closer and closer to matching abilities of a modded xbox 1. :lol

.. now if they can copy the goodness that is xbmc... *sigh*

Gazunta

a Master Ninja said:
Damn. EDGE magazine made it sound like the ability to slap your old gamerpic on your avatar's t-shirt was an already implemented feature. That feature would go a long way to helping a lot of people like me, who like their existing gamerpic, warm up to the avatars.
Tell me about it. I'm really really stupidly attached to my gamerpic. It started as an in-joke between me and a friend, and then I asked our awesome concept artist to draw it, and begged our lead programmer to sneak it in, and then pleaded with our publishers to let us put it in as a secret bonus. I'm never changing it :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Gazunta said:
Tell me about it. I'm really really stupidly attached to my gamerpic. It started as an in-joke between me and a friend, and then I asked our awesome concept artist to draw it, and begged our lead programmer to sneak it in, and then pleaded with our publishers to let us put it in as a secret bonus. I'm never changing it :)
*Checks Gamertag*

Ahh, yes. I have that pic, along with Hudson Horstachio. More games should give out Gamer Pics. The only games that give them out fairly regularly are Arcade games.

pswii60

Where on xbox.com can you download the latest dashboard updates?

Thinking of taking my 360 offline and updating via a burned CD on the 19th rather than connecting to Live to play it safe.

Gorki247

Has anyone with NXE got the the Fable 2 theme? If so, does it look good or is it ruined? Screenshots would be nice.

skullfire.png

Manp

pswii60 said:
Thanks. Let's hope they update that page with the new file on the 19th.

i can tell you that in the past always took them a while to update that page

:)

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Ramenman said:
Sooo did someone try the ELEVATORS in Mass Effect ?

Even better is that some people seem to completely overlook the golden pirate door that would represent the ability to run a game without the disc. Let's rent every game in the world and install it before we send it back ! Legal Piracy ! Woohoooo ! -_-

I already posted about those and it didnt improve any. I took the elevator to the ward and it took 44 secs with disc and install.

can I put the update file on a dvd? Thats all I have is blank dvd's, if so I just throw the folder on there and put it in the 360 correct?

tirant

dreamer3kx said:
can I put the update file on a dvd? Thats all I have is blank dvd's, if so I just throw the folder on there and put it in the 360 correct?

Any usb memory device will work. DVDs too...

Meier

With it on the USB drive, it literally recognized it and prompted me to update it instantly and then installed in 5-10 seconds.

MercuryLS

Banned
So I downloaded it on my old X360, very quick and snappy. I wish I could connect to live with it cause all the new online stuff looks awesome.

Shins

Banned
My friend installed the NXE Dashboard update, installed all his games to HDD and he called me just now, happy as fuck:

"Thanks for telling me about how to get that update on my Xbox, I just went into GameStop and traded all of my games in after installing them, this is awesome!"

Meier

Shins said:
My friend installed the NXE Dashboard update, installed all his games to HDD and he called me just now, happy as fuck:

"Thanks for telling me about how to get that update on my Xbox, I just went into GameStop and traded all of my games in after installing them, this is awesome!"
:lol :lol :lol You can't be serious, right?

HUELEN10

Shins said:
I didn't have the heart to tell him.

I expect another phone call within the hour.
The level of fail and pwn is just too much to bear.

No phone call is gonna do justice.

Please, let him down firmly, yet....., well softly. This must really suck for him, regardless of his noobish ways.

Please tell us what happens though. Perhaps GameStop will have mercy?

Ramenman

Glaciadluz said:
1650x1050 is AWESOME on my 24" Monitor (1920x1200) !

Letterbox but good aspect ratio ! It's very good !

Great ! Don't care about letterbox if I can have the right aspect ratio.

Stitch

Gold Member
Just installed Earth Defense Force 2017, it's 3.4GB big. Loading times don't seem to be much shorter. I guess it's just a placebo effect but i think it runs a little bit smoother o_O

Ramenman

Shins said:

Holy Cow that's incredible :lol :lol

How could he think that with something OFFICIAL.... Well, scratch that, he probably didn't think :p

Be sure to tell us the end of the story :D

Nif

Shins said:

Wow. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Shins said:

We need an update on this story. Expecting meltdown total :lol

Ramenman

Stitch said:
I guess it's just a placebo effect but i think it runs a little bit smoother o_O

Funnily enough, you're not the first one to mention that in this thread.

Look some pages back, I think it was with Fallout 3.

Top Bottom