• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Lux R7

i think calling the pressing is the only true effective way to defend at this point.
Makes a HUGE difference in defenders behaviour.

Hasney

Told a friend with stuttering about the post earlier, saying the account that poster has with a lot of friends is the only one that stutters. They created a new profile and they were stutter free, so it may be the number of friends you have causing issues.

T-Rex.

Banned
Just had a look through various PES fan forums; people from India, America, UK, France etc are all having the same issue connecting to other players so it's not an ISP issue, nor is it a console one cos all have different consoles. The PES twitter account has now deleted that tweet telling people to contact Sony and is basically ignoring the issue. Konami pls.

The game is fantastic, why ruin it like this.

Jack cw

Just had a look through various PES fan forums; people from India, America, UK, France etc are all having the same issue connecting to other players so it's not an ISP issue, nor is it a console one cos all have different consoles. The PES twitter account has now deleted that tweet telling people to contact Sony and is basically ignoring the issue. Konami pls.

The game is fantastic, why ruin it like this.

Thx for the info.
I guess they simply underestimated the technical level on this. This reminds me of Driveclub, whre the online part was broken...

T-Rex.

Banned
Thx for the info.
I guess they simply underestimated the technical level on this. This reminds me of Driveclub, whre the online part was broken...
It's annoying cos when it works the game is brilliant. It's like old school PES where it'd always be "one more match" before turning it off.

I just want a good, working football game ;_;

Nyx

Physical.
Stutters weren't that frequent though. Occured twice in a two hour session. But it's still there.
EDIT: Was playing solo in Master League.

Weird, maybe I'm misundertanding this ''stuttering'' issue but I haven't seen it even once since release.

Honome

Anyone knows if its possible to change difficult on MyClub offline games against the CPU? It seems locked to regular...

Jack cw

Weird, maybe I'm misundertanding this ''stuttering'' issue but I haven't seen it even once since release.

It's basically a short intervall of freezing, like stop - motion. The game freezes for a millisecond and continues afterwards and this repeats two or three times back to back. Annoying.

Nyx

It's basically a short intervall of freezing, like stop - motion. The game freezes for a millisecond and continues afterwards and this repeats two or three times back to back. Annoying.

During a match or also in the menus?

Haven't seen either by the way.
(but then I know it when I might see it...)

Jack cw

I only noticed it during matches, but when I paused the game, I could see for a brief moment the "data transfer" to the server message. I guess whenever the game responds with the server, the stuttering can occur. That's why it's gone when playing with no connection to the internet.

Zabojnik

Imagine if PES had proper dedicated (user) servers. What a time to be alive that would be.

No stuttering whatsoever for me, btw. Digital EU, playing with US PSN account.

shoplifter

^^^ wonder if that's why you're not having the issue? When I used my US account for the US digital (and physical) versions I'd get the stuttering, but if I logged into my UK PSN account the problem went away.

It actually happens in both, but it's much harder to notice in the menus. Easiest way to catch it there is the fact that the controller becomes unresponsive when it occurs.

vixlar

It is possible to "ask for a change" but without interrupting the game?

I remember pressing modifier + pause in some previous PES put a mark under your team flag, and when there was a stop in the game (fault, offside, corner, etc.) you go to the strategy screen.

Sou

It is possible to "ask for a change" but without interrupting the game?

I remember pressing modifier + pause in some previous PES put a mark under your team flag, and when there was a stop in the game (fault, offside, corner, etc.) you go to the strategy screen.

It works that way for online.
For single player, why can't you just wait till there is a stop in play before you hit pause?

Happens in the menu too, you can see the player behind menus doing stop motion for about 4 to 5 times before its normal again. I'll post a video to give an idea.

vixlar

It works that way for online.
For single player, why can't you just wait till there is a stop in play before you hit pause?

Oh, for online is good.

The problem with waiting is that sometimes I forget that I need a change, and I play the ball the moment I get control after a deadball. Furthermore, when someone score a goal, you can't pause before the kick off.

Vol5

This game. Just won my first online game. 2 goals early on and had to hold on for the win. My poor heart....

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How can I change a central attacker to the position that is still red/attacking but one behind? I have 2 of those players in myClub, but the game wont let me change them to the other striker position back, despite it not changing the formation.

MEATER

Hope this hasn't been answered, didn't find anything by searching this thread.

Is it only possible on PC to download custom kits (e.g. all Bundesliga clubs) made by the community?

Would prefer to get this either for PS4 or Xbox One, peferably X1, but only if theres a chance down the road to have all Bundesliga clubs playable.

PS3 still lets you install patches, right? Is it on par with the next gen versions gameplay wise? Would rather get a console version than PC! Mainly interested in 1on1 in front of the TV!

Last Pro Evo I played was 2013 btw. Can't wait to get this one! Looks like it's a real step forward again!

Jack cw

Hope this hasn't been answered, didn't find anything by searching this thread.

Is it only possible on PC to download custom kits (e.g. all Bundesliga clubs) made by the community?

Would prefer to get this either for PS4 or Xbox One, peferably X1, but only if theres a chance down the road to have all Bundesliga clubs playable.

PS3 still lets you install patches, right? Is it on par with the next gen versions gameplay wise? Would rather get a console version than PC! Mainly interested in 1on1 in front of the TV!

Last Pro Evo I played was 2013 btw. Can't wait to get this one! Looks like it's a real step forward again!

PC gives you the option to fully mod the roster, kits, badges, names. Basically everything. Community is working on it.

PS3 lets you edit kits, badges, names, etc. You can basically make a 1. and 2. Bundesliga out of the 2 custom leagues in the game. Same should work for 360 by now.

PS4 and Xbone only let you edit names. You can't edit kits, emblems or anything that require a picture, because custom data isn't provided on those consoles.

Well, PS3 version plays fine, but misses player entries, because of the taxing engine and is visually identical to PES14. Gameplay on PS4 is in my opinion smoother and more responsive though.

GHG

Gold Member
Man when this game flows, it REALLY flows. Won some games on superstar last night for the 1st time. So satisfying. 4-1-3-2 formation with counter attacking is the way to go.

Love the fact that you can set different formations for when defending.

FIFA is do far behind this on the gameplay and tactics side its not even funny.

MEATER

PC gives you the option to fully mod the roster, kits, badges, names. Basically everything. Community is working on it.

Well, PS3 version plays fine, but misses player entries, because of the taxing engine and is visually identical to PES14. Gameplay on PS4 is in my opinion smoother and more responsive though.

Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I'll have to go with PC then and maybe hook up my laptop to the TV and use Steam streaming.

PES14 on PS3 was horrible :(

Bumhead

Banned
I'm still loving this game, and I'm enjoying the challenge of playing it on Superstar, but some matches just feel bullshit. Almost like it's got some FM style pre-determined shit going on.

It's fun watching a team containing Reus, Rodriguez, Pirlo, Vidal and Pogba finish a game with 30% possession and not stringing more than 2 5 yard passes together all match. This after starting a new Master League due to PSG going two seasons without dropping a point to anyone in the French league other than me.

Spat_triate

Thanks for clearing that up. Guess I'll have to go with PC then and maybe hook up my laptop to the TV and use Steam streaming.

PES14 on PS3 was horrible :(
Don't waste your money. The PC may be getting kits but everything about it is subpar. The input lag alone kills any fun you squeeze out of it (and boy will you have to squeeze). I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that PES16 will only be available on XOne and PS4.

Also a lot of the usual mod makers (including the PESEDIT team) have abandoned PES 15, citing increasing difficulty to modify game files and Konami giving absolutely 0 fucks about their PC community. Keep in mind that these are the type of people that stuck around through the horror years.

spwolf

PES 2015 Live update:
pes-2015-weekly-update-upgrades.jpg

A total of 77 players was downgraded or upgraded by this first weekly PES 2015 update - 11 players were decreased while 66 players got boosts for their great performances lately.

http://www.peseditblog.com/2014/11/pes-2015-live-update-released.html

goonergaz

regarding the points system on myclub - is it best to just spend up as quickly as you get the points? for example, last night I logged on and had a total of 4000 points, enough to buy 4 top players - so I bought 3 and decided to hold back...but is there any point in doing that?

El Patron

Neo Member
regarding the points system on myclub - is it best to just spend up as quickly as you get the points? for example, last night I logged on and had a total of 4000 points, enough to buy 4 top players - so I bought 3 and decided to hold back...but is there any point in doing that?

You need to keep an eye on player contracts, everyone starts with 10 games, the better the player the more expensive they are for renewal. When you're just starting though you'd get away with it.

goonergaz

You need to keep an eye on player contracts, everyone starts with 10 games, the better the player the more expensive they are for renewal. When you're just starting though you'd get away with it.

cheers, I might hold off anyway - got my pre-order code to use yet and that will give me 10k + a WC player...so might just see who I get, buy one more and leave it at that until I need to do something!

Top Bottom