• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd demo coming to PS4 next week

BokehKing

Banned
Just watched a quick YouTube video, can't tell if it controls more like vampire hunter/dark shadows, whatever that capcom monster fighter was or blaz blue

Someone reassure me it's not like blaz blue, I was horrendous at that game

Edit: darkstalkers*

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched a quick YouTube video, can't tell if it controls more like dark souls or blaz blue

Well it's closer to Blazblue just by virtue of being a fighting game by the same development studio vs not a fighting game

Onemic

Just watched a quick YouTube video, can't tell if it controls more like vampire hunter/dark shadows, whatever that capcom monster fighter was or blaz blue

Edit: darkstalkers*

I guess you could think of it as a more streetfighter-esque version of blazblue

Bob White

Such bullshit that I have to buy a new stick for this. I have too damn many, they don't last, and they take up a ton of space. Welp...still going to buy one

fader

tumblr_n7wye9dlXi1tdv8vao1_500.gif

Wonko_C

The PS3 version is exactly the same except 720 instead of 1080.

It's a PS3 (spec) game with an up-port with a resolution bump.

I thought PS3 version was an Arcade downport. Doesn't the arcade board have 2GB of RAM? Way more than the PS3.

ACESmkII

Japanese demo was phenomenal. I'm guessing this is the same.

I need to get a Hrap before this launches. After a few days of playing the demo I could already feel a blister starting to form.

"I thought PS3 version was an Arcade downport. Doesn't the arcade board have 2GB of RAM? Way more than the PS3."

Just because the arcade system has that much RAM doesn't mean that the game is actually utilizing that much.

RS4-

is no way to dual mod a stick to be compatible on the ps4 atm.

I'm this close to buying an HRAP4 because of this

Padhacking is possible, just...hard. I know someone that can do it, and it's cheaper than buying a new stick. But just a hassle for both of us. I'd probably lean more towards it if I picked up one of those cheap ds4 deals from a few weeks back.

Not gonna bother with that Cronus or whatever the new one is though.

Tain

The PS3 version is exactly the same except 720 instead of 1080.

It's a PS3 (spec) game with an up-port with a resolution bump.
Is there any evidence of this? Has ArcSys said it? Or are people just assuming?

The arcade hardware is clearly far above PS3, but as said there's no guarantee that the game is fully pushing it, sure. But the arcade version is apparently 720p, right? I'd cautiously guess that the arcade hardware it runs on could handle a PS3-spec game at 1080p.

wwm0nkey

wat
are you sure?

Yeah the Arc Systems guys confirmed it over on the PS blog. Demo is English only and runs until December 8th but the full game will have dual audio.

Also the dev team knows about the skull girls driver apparently.

EDIT: Also apparently Canada is getting it on the 16th as well?

Volcynika

Yeah the Arc Systems guys confirmed it over on the PS blog. Demo is English only and runs until December 8th but the full game will have dual audio.

Also the dev team knows about the skull girls driver apparently.

EDIT: Also apparently Canada is getting it on the 16th as well?

Aksys! Not Arc! :p

cool, will download when it's up. got to play the e3 build at anime expo this year and had a ton of fun with it. i still have to preorder the limited edition

Top Bottom