• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite Alcohol Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
iapetus' special cocktail:

2 measures beer
5 measures beer
3 measures beer
2 measures beer

Place the beer in a pint glass. Do not shake or stir. Top up to the brim with beer.

Best drunk with beer.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
My Christmas, special occasions and "Days-with-a-Y-in-it" cocktail:

Wierd Milk
-------------
Equal measures of Vodka, Kahlúa & Baileys Irish Cream.

Suerte

All the vodka in Russia, da.

"Quick fuck" shots mess me up the most, I'm not exactly sure what's in them. Man, I had three of those in a row and I couldn't even walk for a while!

p.s. welcome back GAF!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I stick to Grey Goose generally, but a combination of Rumpleminze and Jagermeister can really get me messed up... Jello shooters too.

I'm not an alcoholic :(

sefskillz said:
I stick to Grey Goose generally, but a combination of Rumpleminze and Jagermeister can really get me messed up... Jello shooters too.

I'm not an alcoholic :(

Thank god we have some fellow boozers with class.

BlackMage

Banned
bacardi 151 straight from the bottle!! oh and a little but of whatever i recently ate; as it exits from where it entered.

Vodka fucks me up way more than other drinks, for some reason. When I do drink vodka I usally stick with Grey Goose, Skyy or Three Olives. If you drink the cheaper stuff, you're opening yourself up to a world of hurt when you wake up the next morning.

Newduck

"How do I make Vodka taste good without paying a fortune?"

Milks a good disguise of it, if you can handle the alot of milk, vodka, a chocolate/coffee/toffee based drink and milk works quite well.

Either that or pretty much alot of any mixer to hide the taste, cranberry juice does it quite well also.

BlackMage

Banned
Newduck said:
"How do I make Vodka taste good without paying a fortune?"

Milks a good disguise of it, if you can handle the alot of milk, vodka, a chocolate/coffee/toffee based drink and milk works quite well.

I strongly DISAGREEEEEEEE

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Drink vodka straight and fast, thats the only way to drink it.

To get really fucked, the only thing to do is mix it up, last night for example..

1 double vodka no ice to start things off
4 Pints of Beer (Grolsch last night i think)
2 Pints of Cider and Black (perfect sweetner to get rid of the bitter taste beer leaves in your mouth)
1 shockingly large shot of Czech Absinth (it really does burn you all the way down your insides)

end result

Me passed out by 4 am

me = :D

Well at the time, this morning was a rough affair.

BlackMage

Banned
Beer before Liqour = never been sicker
Liqour before Beer = you're in the clear

first thing i learned as a professional drinker!

Ah, you Europeans, for the most part, have the worst taste in mixed drinks. CK can attest to this, when I went to NYC and hung out at a wonderful bar (Tempest on 8th between 33rd and 34th) I met some brits down there and suddenly I was drinking a shot with lager, vodka, and I think mint schnappes. UGH. Made me throw up two hours later.

Anyway, as a Jack and Coke type of guy, I can pretty much drink anything, just make sure you don't mix it too much. (i.e. Patron Silver and Tanqueray gin. To me, those two are polar opposites)

Eating before a drinking binge is the best idea, but make sure you get some Gatorade or any drink with electrolytes. It truly speeds up hydration because of the salt that's in Gatorade. I usually drink 16oz before I go to bed if I'm having a major buzz or if I'm totally drunk.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
:D We bring out the worst mixers on special occasions

Turbo-shandys rock though (half a pint of beer and a smirnoff ice in a pint glass..nicer than it sounds)

For my housemates birthday last night we had him drinking his point of choice (cider) with 3 shots of vodka, half a can of redbull, drop or two of absinth all in one two pint glass...it was supprisingly good....he was pretty ill though so i wouldnt try it ;)

Edit :Is there a list of the similes anywhere?

The minute you mentioned Smirnoff Ice, I was turned off. It's like the Zima of this generation, malt liquor drink dolled up with some Smirnoff and lemon flavoring.

As for smilies, that's really tertiary as we wanted tog et the board up. I'm sure it's a work in progress.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
WasabiKing said:
The minute you mentioned Smirnoff Ice, I was turned off. It's like the Zima of this generation, malt liquor drink dolled up with some Smirnoff and lemon flavoring.

As for smilies, that's really tertiary as we wanted tog et the board up. I'm sure it's a work in progress.

I dont like Smirnoff ice myself either, but in a turbo shandy it gets the job done.

WasabiKing said:

In Canada, Smirnoff Ice has real vodka in it, instead of being a malt drink. Same with Mike's Hard Lemonade and a whole bunch of other vodka drinks. I'm not sure why the US has to endure them as horrid malt drinks, while Canadians get the better versions.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
I've really taken a liking to vodka and tonics recently. Some good Grey Goose, ice, tonic water and a lime slice and you're in the clear. Besides that I mix Bacardi O with a lot of stuff and it usually manages to taste good. You just gotta be creative.

Probably consumer demand, and they may be worried that by doing so it may hurt their established products. Makes sense to me, but as a boozer, I'd throw my bar stool.

Well, if you guys hate tequila and have never asked for Patron Silver, you don't hate tequila. it's about $7 a shot, but it's great. And no training wheels! (i.e. lime and salt)

Hmm... once I get my stuff back from my buddy, I'll have to post all the stuff EVERY boozer or wannabe bartender needs for their house.

Ecrofirt

I'm a whiskey man myself. I can drink it like water.

Speaking of whiskey, here's a drink that looks delicious, but that I've never had:
Rock & Rye
Rock and Rye is an American liqueur based on rye whiskey flavored with different fruits, with a citrus overtone. Each bottle of Rock and Rye has a chuck of rock candy in it. -webtender

White Russians have always been interesting cause it has milk in it. Milk and booze just doesn't sound right to me...

But I'll say this much, once you become a booze snob, it totally sucks when you're short on money and you're trying to squeeze as much as you can out of a $20 bill... But don't forget to tip your bar staff! Karma is ALWAYS present at a bar.

1 shot glass + one bottle of Jagermeister, poor the Jager into the glass, and proceed to get fucked up. Best recipe I have. You can substitute the Jager for Grey Goose if needed.

Takuan

Beer fucks me up worse than anything. I fucking hate how it tastes and it always messes up my stomach. Shots over beer any day. Of course, if I had it my way all alcohol would taste like fruity girly drinks, 'cause I'm weak like that.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I've always loved a good vodka martini (dirty as hell). Haven't had one in awhile, though. It's been Hen and Coke for a good bit.

All I need is a keg - But not filled with pabst or coor's light. I might be a simple man when it comes to alcohol, but I do have some standards.

seanoff

Polmos Polish Pure Spirit: 500 ml bottle
Is this a vodka? It's a real killer, 160 proof. It's got a hell of a kick, instantly warms you up. Drink with caution, or be a gutterhugger, i.e. over consume and you will die. Glen reckons it's the reason why those uncoordinated Russian cosmonaughts keep busting up the Mir Space Station. Have a Polmos on us fellas.

This stuff is awesome. Completely tasteless under something. Drink unmixed at your own peril, 3 nips is generally adequate. Really really effective. Very pure, if u don't get too drunk u will not get hungover. If u go overboard, death = u.

Also good for cleaning stuff as it is 80% pure ethonol.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Also get some vodka, drink about 1/5 of the bottle. sit bottle in simmering water. allow to heat for a while. chop up favourite chocolate bar, add chocolate bar to vodka, let simmer until completely melted. Remove bottle and chill.

Vokda chocolate bar. A bit dangerous, can get addictive.

Tuvoc

Joe said:
i had vodka soaked gummy worms this weekend, a little strong but they were pretty good.

that sounds good, I think I'm gonna try that. I'm surprised they don't dissolve. How long did you let them soak?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
tequila mixed with some tequila followed by the remaining 1 litre bottle of tequila will fuck you up pretty good >_<

Joe

Tuvoc said:
that sounds good, I think I'm gonna try that. I'm surprised they don't dissolve. How long did you let them soak?

just let them sit for about 4 or 5 hours. you may want to put some icecubes in there so its not all vodka, they were pretty strong.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Captain Morgan. I drank a 5th this weekend and it kicked my ass. Mixed my first few drinks. Then just started chasing it and by the end was drinking it straight out of the bottle. Sweet party though from what I remember of it.

Triumph

Banned
meandpbr.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I drink Screwdrivers and Bacardi and Coke mostly. Not really big on other drinks. I will drink beer at a sports bar or something like that. If it is Beer, if is Shiner (www.shiner.com).

If you are looking for drink ideas, go to: www.webtender.com.

OK, my personal handy guide to boozin', from mid to high end, IMO.

Vodka:
Mid range: Skyy or Absolut
High: Vox, Grey Goose, or Ketel One - each has is own distinction, IMO.

Rum:
Mid: Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum, Bacardi Silver/White (some like Myers, but I pass)
High: I don't really drink rum, so I cannot put a great suggestion here

Tequila:
Mid: Mico (an absolute steal at $17 a bottle, and it is VERY good), Herradurra
High: Patron, Don Julio

Gin:
Only Tanqueray for me. Bombay Sapphire is very nice

The four essentials of any mixed drink/pseudo bar. Now, stuff for kicks:

Jaegermeister: if you can get the Jager Tap, oh man, it's sexcellent
Triple Sec: Essential for a good amount of drinks
Apple Pucker: seems to be all the rage with a lot drinks, Appletini's for the ladies
Midori: got women coming to the party? gotta have this

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Actually with Rum, Bacardi Superior is the best, IMO. I asked a few people from Puerto Rico and Trinidad about Rum. I figured they knew best. They all said Bacardi Superior. I have heard a rumor that Bacardi might be phasing out the dark version of this rum. If you go to their web site it is nowhere to be found, so that might be true.

For high end though, I think Bacardi 1873 is regarded as the best. I can drink that stuff straight, thought it is a lil pricy.

www.bacardi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom