• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

zewone

What gun are you guys talking about?

VXabM4V.png

Sullichin

So I'm almost positive the Who's Next? (kill with the last round increases reload speed) perk on the Badger CCL for me that dropped is bugged and actually increases the reload speed on ANY kill. I've definitely experienced faster reload immediately after a kill, several times in one game once I noticed it. Not playing as my Hunter so it's not Chain of Woe, and I didn't proc Surge.

I might be going crazy but I definitely notice it. It's not as appreciable as Outlaw but that perk never is.

Guys, whats the best strategy for a flawless run on templar?

Me and my friends usually get up to the templar when going for flawless then they start dying.

I can hold my own but I wonder what strategy you guys use (positioning).

I really want this fucking trophy and getting it with my friends would be amazing...

Me and my friends usually get up to the templar when going for flawless then they start dying.

I really want this fucking trophy and getting it with my friends would be amazing...

Wait until everyone has a Lv32 and do CE flawless. Much easier and much, much shorter.

I always thought Venation III had a pretty decent reload, but I guess maybe mine had flared magwell.

My hunter has a 331 Venation III with Feeding Frenzy, Field Scout and Performance Bonus.

Definitely my go to for PvE to free up my exotic slot, thing is a champ.

Got Venation III also (from NF). Has Return to Sender, Flared Magwell and Luck in the Chamber. Could be a useful combo. Field Scout would have been nice but Return to Sender helps there.

Jinjo

Got Venation III also (from NF). Has Return to Sender, Flared Magwell and Luck in the Chamber. Could be a useful combo. Field Scout would have been nice but Return to Sender helps there.

With luck in the chamber you want to keep the clip small. That's a perfect roll. Nightfall's been dishing out the dead orbit guns today it seems. Every run someone got one.

Schwabe

My friends are all 31 and still cant finish the first part of the new raid without dying.

I think we have a better chance in VoG. We have everything down but the templar fight.

jump down and get to the right side (right conflux), there is a rock, where you can hide behind. one grabs relic, kills harpies, super on boss -> dps (beware of detain shield and don't block others, caution with rockets). repeat until it goes down. Don't bother about oracles, just cleanse when marked.

you should do it on normal, much faster. practice the templar part and it shouldn't be a problem ;) even on hard i think it's not necessary to go on top...

Nori Chan

RNGesus trolling me this week

3 exotics, icebreaker, suros, and patience and time ;___;

it's going to give me everything but ballerhorn at this point

Crucible anyone?

Just finished 3 control matches. Got to Rank 3! Woohoo!

I got this with my package. Is it any good for PvE?

GKuJqV.jpg

It has snapshot, armour piercing rounds, perfect balance and unflinching. Solar

My friends are all 31 and still cant finish the first part of the new raid without dying.

I think we have a better chance in VoG. We have everything down but the templar fight.

Yeah, I getcha. There are some easy safe strats for the first CE section (Saint helm, Don't Touch Me gauntlets, etc.) but everyone is a lot more familiar with VoG I'm sure.

Templar can be done a few ways. You can:

-Only have 1 proficient relic user (ideally TItan) jump down, everyone else stays up and snipes spawn doors during confluxes, then snipes oracles during oracles while bottom guy hides in the spot where he/she can cover the cubbey-hole/back left oracles. Then you have everyone in position for the Templar pseudo-cheese. A Titan relic holder can block Teleports with bubbles while a Titan up top uses I-WoL for everyone to burn Templar quick (IceB, BHam)

-Everyone group together on the back right side near the cave, or the left side by the stairs area. Don't worry about killing oracles unless you have a safe sight line on it, just cleanse the group when marked. And make sure to time the shield breaks when the two oracles are down or group is all cleansed and Templar is doing the Ritual. DPS the F out of him with snipers and I-WoL.

-People can split up to cover all the oracles which is obviously easy outside of flawless runs but people can and will panic/flub simple tasks they wouldn't otherwise. Personally this is more of an efficiency, not safety strat. Not my preference for flawless.

Remember he is Lv26 and we have 331 IceBs and BHams. Always prioritize SAFETY over DPS because everyone is super over-leveled for normal VoG. If he is in a bad spot, just break the shield so he teleports somewhere better, etc.

Maxed Ice Breakers all stay at the very top and one poor fool goes down to kick things off and hides in the spirit bloom chest room between rounds to avoid the harpies. Things only start getting dicey during the third round with all 3 confluxes. We usually do 3 Ice Breakers on the left (one helping to watch center) and 2 on the right with the lone guy sticking around at the center to fight off teleporters.

The oracle part is super simple and there's a spot in the back behind the Templar where the lone guy down there can stay to get the two oracles in the back. You can google where that guy can hunker in and take those out.

During the Templar fight though the lone guy has the relic and keeps fighting off the harpies while running back and forth killing those two back oracles. Everyone else is still at the top obviously and they can kill oracles from there very easily and all have great vantage points to take down the Templar.

When we ran flawless normal VoG, we huddled on the left side behind the big stone slab (just outside spirit bloom chest). We would try and get oracles only if they were in our lines of sight. Clear adds unless Relic holder needs 'em for super. Main thing is to take shots only if you have good cover to retreat to. Never get greedy.

What boguester said is interesting, though. I wouldn't mind trying for a flawless CE run with a party of 32s. VoG seems like a cake walk at this point, but CE can be done so quickly.

Schwabe

RNGesus trolling me this week

3 exotics, icebreaker, suros, and patience and time ;___;

it's going to give me everything but ballerhorn at this point

3x nightfall: radiant dance machines (>_<), 2x purple crap weaponry
2x CE: shards, energy, no land beyond (>_<)

jump down and get to the right side (right conflux), there is a rock, where you can hide behind. one grabs relic, kills harpies, super on boss -> dps (beware of detain shield and don't block others, caution with rockets). repeat until it goes down. Don't bother about oracles, just cleanse when marked.

you should do it on normal, much faster. practice the templar part and it shouldn't be a problem ;) even on hard i think it's not necessary to go on top...

I've thought about trying that. Do we know if it really works?

Everybody groups behind the rock and focus on templar. When we get marked, relic guys cleanses and move on. Does it really work?

zewone

Crucible anyone?

Just finished 3 control matches. Got to Rank 3! Woohoo!

I got this with my package. Is it any good for PvE?

GKuJqV.jpg

It has snapshot, armour piercing rounds, perfect balance and unflinching. Solar

Does it have Ambush or Shortgaze scopes? If so, it's an excellent PVP sniper.

EDIT: Ah, I see you asked for PVE. Yes, Unflinching is great in PVE and PVP. It has good impact too.

Top Bottom