• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Not really. Most of the C tier suits are the ones that have been added post release and were out as DLC for FB first.

The only big standouts are Zeong and Spiegel hitting C tier.

Hah I just realized that stars only mean shit in arcades where it directy corelates to how much money you sunk into the game or took from other people.

Which is all a roundabout way of saying damn I need a new unit to main now that I finally acomplished my goal and got 5 stars with GN-X. Otherwise, what else is there left in this game.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So, out of curiosity... is there a big difference in gameplay between Full Boost and Maxi, or are the changes fairly subtle, kinda like going from Extreme Vs to Full Boost? Cuz after Full Boost came out, there was really no reason to bother with vanilla Extreme Vs anymore, so I'm wondering if it'll be the same deal when Maxi finally hits consoles.

Yeah there are some big ones.

The biggest one would be the removal of 1K cost and all the 1K units being changed to 1.5K

A/B burst system got axed and now there is an F/S drive or overdrive or whatever it is called. They provide totally different properties compared to the FB bursts and change things up a lot it looks like.

That's also not mentioning all the units that got added and changed up in maxi.

Then there are the aesthetic changes and updates like navigators popping in mid match instead of just during the results screen.

stryke

So I picked this game up recently and I've come from just only having played the psp games. I'm a casual, and I like having infinite flying in the game. Did they remove that possibility in this game?

Yes,I can't think of anything that gives you Infinite movement in the air without maybe somekind of an exploit. There are gimmicks that let you float longer.

There is however the ReGZ, it has Infinite boost while it stays in My mode.

Beckx

200% boost in Free Battle will give you more air time. Not what you're looking for exactly but hey it's something.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Finally got a "new" PS3, so I'll probably be up for some games tomorrow (after everything finished downloading...)

The fact that I lost all the Mission Mode progress is really grating though... all those hours leveling units wasted D:

Bebpo

Banned
Finally got this along with Gundam Breaker 2 as x-mas gifts. Played around for a bit and

Like:
+Speed increase, feels like turbo mode
+Fleshing out the existing units so everyone has a full movelist now
+The new music, since launch it seems like they patched Premium G Sound so it uses all the songs and you don't have to replace tracks for the bonus 35 tracks
+Arcade mode - Seems more meaty now
+Main Menu, like how you can jump straight into online or SP

Neutral
+New units, coming from Extreme Vs + All DLC it's a decent number, but lots of them are grunt/alteration units. Not a lot of new main character units.
+New graphics shading, not sure if I like. Extreme Vs. looked cleaner

Dislike
-Man, wtf happened to the single player mode? Ex VS mission mode was really good with the branching paths with good difficulty pacing. But now it's just a list and more importantly you don't get generic points to spend on any unit so everytime you switch units you start back at zero. Just feels a lot more low-effort than Extreme Vs.

Anyhow, just getting a feel for the new stuff and already looking forward to Maxi Boost because I prefer the new cast additions in that one + hopefully they'll do a nicer single player next time.

What ever happened to that Gundam PS4 title announced at this past TGS? Wonder what it is and how development is going.

There was a new trailer shown at TGS 2014. Now that Gundam Breaker 2 has been released, I'd expect more info about it in early 2015.

Once it is put up for preorder, I'll get a PS4.

Bebpo

Banned
Saw this for $40 at playasia... trying to decide between this or Breaker 2 @.@

This is 1,000x better game.

Breaker 2 is a mediocre C+ action game with some cool gunpla stuff. Very generic movelists shared across units, 30fps, grind game. Not much story either and none of the Gundam seiyuu. Stages take 20-30 mins of killing grunts. I'm sounding way too harsh on this cause it's fun, but at it's core mechanics Ex VS absolutely destroys it.

EX Vs. is an A+ deep action game with tons of gundam content, unique movelists across 70+ units, 60fps skill-based action game. No story but all the gundam seiyuu and music. Single player mode is kind of weak and just a bunch of missions/arcade mode, but Gundam Breaker 2's single player ain't much better and at least Ex Vs. involves skill. Matches last about 2 mins.

Gundam Versus is pretty much a competitive arcade game series with a ton of fanservice.

Breaker so far seems to be a grindy beatemup with some of that monhun style resource grind to make your own little kitbash gunpla.

Yeah I'm not new to the franchise lol, just never picked this updated version up is all. Could probably just get both to be honest >.>

Part of me wants something different as much as I loved Vs. but the new characters and updates have been calling my name for awhile.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just got rid of Gundam Breaker 2 for this, which was a long-overdue purchase. Adding myself to the player list.

If you actually want to play with some of the other people on gaf, try to join the IRC channel listed in the OP.

Just ignore everything I say because I am apparently a horrible person.

Bebpo

Banned
Are there any guides on how to actually play as Stargazer because he seems worse than Dan?

Also I don't understand how Epyon or Susanwo can be fun as melee only is filled with non-stop being shot to death as you try to get near the opponent :( I guess God Gundam is like that too, but GG feels so fast that it seems like less of an issue. I got destroyed the one time I tried Epyon in this game.

"Also I don't understand how Epyon or Susanwo can be fun as melee only is filled with non-stop being shot to death as you try to get near the opponent :( I guess God Gundam is like that too, but GG feels so fast that it seems like less of an issue. I got destroyed the one time I tried Epyon in this game."

You need to let the Dunpeal flow through you.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Saw this for $40 at playasia... trying to decide between this or Breaker 2 @.@

It depends on what you want really.

Team based head to head play for the most part vs other people

or

SP + co-op kitbash action kinda gameplay.

Since both titles are totally different.

Both are well designed games truthfully for what they set out to be. That and Gundam Breaker 2 has Donkey Show's seal of approval. lol

Are there any guides on how to actually play as Stargazer because he seems worse than Dan?

Also I don't understand how Epyon or Susanwo can be fun as melee only is filled with non-stop being shot to death as you try to get near the opponent :( I guess God Gundam is like that too, but GG feels so fast that it seems like less of an issue. I got destroyed the one time I tried Epyon in this game.

Im pretty sure the pilot behind this Epyon was having more fun than the opposing team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np42klqX2Ts

So in random other news... if you're an AGE fan, the Zeydra's been unlocked in Maxi this month: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxJKLZeWkeE

Oh my that was glorious :D

DunpealD

"Also I don't understand how Epyon or Susanwo can be fun as melee only is filled with non-stop being shot to death as you try to get near the opponent :( I guess God Gundam is like that too, but GG feels so fast that it seems like less of an issue. I got destroyed the one time I tried Epyon in this game."

You need to let the Dunpeal flow through you.

Indeed. 熱血 for life. Always dashing forward. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Melee units are more dependent on their partners, since they are susceptible to double lock. There's a reason why Epyon is bottom tier in FB. Picking the right moment and flow of the battle is also important for Melee focused units.

gross

Bebpo

Banned
Epyon also lost its ranged defense assist too which really makes him bottom-tier.

:(

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the new units from Extreme Vs. -> Full Boost. Too many grunts/shitty units, not enough really fun great new units. Still loving the game but that and the weakass mission mode are my complaints. Hoping the console release of Maxi Boost fixes both (pretty sure it'll fix the first part since I'm much more of a fan of the Maxi characters additions).

Bebpo

Banned
You know, the best part of this game, especially with the Premium G edition is owning a disc that has pretty much 80% of all the original Gundam OP/ED vocal themes in the history of Gundam anime. The fanservice there is pretty killer.

I hope Maxi keeps all 130 something tracks + the new ones. Or at least that they do another Premium Sound edition type version so you don't lose any tracks.

This game got Hoshi no Tobira from Stargazer stuck in my head for days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibHkQ69Ki4

Man, it may just be nostalgia, but I remember Stargazer being a pretty good little 45 min OAV. That whole SEED/Astray/Stargazer era was solid Gundam comeback years.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, I take back what I said about the grunts, the grunts in Full Boost are some of the best units!

Finished mission mode and been trying out all the units, the new grunts added to full boost are some much more complex and fun than most of the Extreme Vs. 1000 cost grunts. The Kapul team is SO.AWESOME omggggggggg

I think they're going to be one of my mains :X

Shouta

All the suits are interesting. They put in a lot of effort to try and avoid same-y units. Even the Zakus are different from each other in terms of gameplay.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The Kapool team is very quirky and hard to use properly
I also suck with them :(

With regards to cheap units:
Lacus IJ > *

Beckx

I kinda gave up on Rise of Incarnates after the last Beta, the gameplay was very boring in comparison with almost no speed or depth, it mostly felt automatic, and the developers reluctant to listen to criticism.

Their lead designer even saying on Twitter that westerners probably would be scared of the game if they added a little extra depth like step and step cancel.

Probably should move further discussion of RoI here, but since the above is the first post on this page (100pp) it's worth noting that they've changed their stance on speed at the very least:

Faster gameplay and shorter hit stuns

This aspect has evolved the most since the Beta. Numerous testers brought up slow gameplay speed as a major issue, and we admit that we watered things down because we were cautious about introducing an entirely new style of gameplay. We were proved otherwise. So you can look forward to some very fast, intense gameplay!

------------

One year anniversary of FB release is coming up. Need a Maxi port announcement soon.

AGE fans rejoice! AGE-3 is now in Maxi Boost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfbCZid600c

12093871304_f247a1817a_o.gif

Apharmd

Hey guys, I'm setting up a Full Boost tournament in Houston, Texas at May 8-10 in Texas Showdown. If any of you guys could make it to compete (or watch), it'd be awesome! I know we have Dallas players on EXVSFB but I have no idea where they're at.

But yeah, further details @ http://tinyurl.com/txsfb

Beckx

Scans show new unlocks for Maxi include the Kai versions of Heavy Arms TV. Want. I wonder if you can drop the gatling to improve melee knife-ham performance.

Top Bottom