• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB gets....Buggies?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You praise Phil Spencer for putting features and updates on a barebones-on-release xbone OS that should arguably have been there on day one, and yet your put Evo down for this game. No wonder it confuses you.

SvCpPiQ.gif

Gestault

You praise Phil Spencer for putting features and updates on a barebones-on-release xbone OS that should arguably have been there on day one, and yet your put Evo down for this game. No wonder it confuses you.

Talking about the racing genre doesn't require unrelated console-war posturing. The point that most other popular racing titles as of late had things being characterized as "extras" here isn't unfair.

This said, if someone's going to gripe about a game lacking things in its release window, at least give a nod when the devs help address it down the line. That's how I felt about photo mode and replays.

Wagram

How's the quality of this title now? I'm sure the current metacritic score is completely inaccurate at this point.

I really hope that rallying and offroad driving are kept out of DC.
There are enough other games out there that offer that kind of racing.
What I love about DC is that it offers competitive simcade racing with a huge variety of cars. We haven't seen that since PGR left town.
Imho there are enough rally games offering that. In DC there are more than enough other roads still left unexplored, such as the classic and open wheel category.

So as far as I'm concerned, keep it roadcars. But that's just my 2 cents.
At this time there are zero off-road/rally games on PS4.

What I love about DC is that it offers competitive simcade racing with a huge variety of cars. We haven't seen that since PGR left town
As great as DC is, this isn't true. Forza and GT are both simcade with a shit load of cars, and will probably both still have more than DC after its season pass. Horizon 2 in particular has scratched the PGR itch for many because of the city racing and the "these tracks are different routes around the same areas" ethos of PGR.

They all fit into the same category, but considering the behemoths that are Forza and Gran Turismo, I wouldn't say DC has anywhere near a huge variety.

braves01

Banned
How's the quality of this title now? I'm sure the current metacritic score is completely inaccurate at this point.

I think it still depends. Yeah there are a lot more features, but some people e.g. Jeff from Giant Bomb would still find the core racing to be bad.

At this time there are zero off-road/rally games on PS4.
On the one hand I do like DC's focus on road cars. On the other I hand I do truly miss gunning some nitrous and doing a sick jump through a waterfall (preferrably while screaming RACHEL!). On the other other hand thats probably too much over the top craziness for DC and I'd be just fine with some off-road tracks or more variety in mixed surfaces. On the other other hand I'm not sure how off-road tracks would work with many of the road cars we already have or whether they'd be their own class or what. On the other hand...

madp0k

"mmmmm page 2 of a DC thread, should have been derailed enough to be pointless visiting it, nah this time it will be different"

Enters thread

"Nope called it correctly first time"

Nokterian

Buggy's?? Oh please Evo gimme also off road tracks driving in mud with rain and all weather effect it will be a bliss! This game..best value i ever paid for in a long time also best season pass.

Fuck it. Throw in the Sweet Tooth truck, Sully driving a Jeep, and the Arkham Knight Batmobile. More driving games need novelty cars.
Goddamn I would buy this game so hard if they added Sweet Tooth. On principle, I'll buy any game featuring Sweet Tooth.

"mmmmm page 2 of a DC thread, should have been derailed enough to be pointless visiting it, nah this time it will different"

Enters thread

"Nope called it correctly first time"
Well this comment will surely get it back on track.

Fonds

As great as DC is, this isn't true. Forza and GT are both simcade with a shit load of cars, and will probably both still have more than DC after its season pass. Horizon 2 in particular has scratched the PGR itch for many because of the city racing and the "these tracks are different routes around the same areas" ethos of PGR.

They all fit into the same category, but considering the behemoths that are Forza and Gran Turismo, I wouldn't say DC has anywhere near a huge variety.

That's a bit besides the point I was trying to make. I'm not implying DC is going to compete with forza or GT.
I was merely stating that I hope they explore roadcars before they explore other genres of racing.

As far as no offroad/rally on PS4 is concerned, I sorta assumed most people on GAF own a PC of some sort.

The Motorstorm icon is just that player's PSN avatar.
Yeah, its the same avatar I use everyday. Unless Evo is being extremely subtle, I wouldn't make much out of it. When they introduce these cars, I think that will be the extent of it. I doubt they'll put in Motorstorm style courses. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Seventy70

It never stops amazing me how defensive people get over Driveclub. Someone said something negative about a game and made a pun? You just described almost every thread on GAF ever. There are going to be people that don't like a game and their posts are just as valid as the "Yay, Evolution is great haha" posts. If someone saying something bad about a game is making you angry then you need to grow up.

jediyoshi

It never stops amazing me how defensive people get over Driveclub. Someone said something negative about a game and made a pun? You just described almost every thread on GAF ever. There are going to be people that don't like a game and their posts are just as valid as the "Yay, Evolution is great haha" posts.

It's cool to conflate things I guess. Just pretend for a moment you're actually misattributing those posts and they're actually calling out shitposting instead.

Ding-Ding

It never stops amazing me how defensive people get over Driveclub. Someone said something negative about a game and made a pun? You just described almost every thread on GAF ever. There are going to be people that don't like a game and their posts are just as valid as the "Yay, Evolution is great haha" posts. If someone saying something bad about a game is making you angry then you need to grow up.

I dont think you know Driveclub threads very well. If you did you would know that the vast majority of times the person derailing, doesn't even own the game (no1 derail is about the PS+ version)

Thats what people are getting pissed off with.

Seventy70

I dont think you know Driveclub threads very well. If you did you would know that the vast majority of times the person derailing, doesn't even own the game (no1 derail is about the PS+ version)

I think if people just ignored those posts rather than getting defensive, maybe there would be less of them. If you feed trolls, they are just going to keep coming back to get a rise out of people.

And grouping 'Driveclub haters' into one doesn't help either.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This only makes me want another Motorstorm! Damn, I love EVO.

It would be daft to add buggies unless they make proper off road tracks.

True. That's why it's such a weird pair of screens. It just... doesn't make sens lol

I would have understood if it were the rally/musle/super cars from the MS series :

ZoW16q1.jpg

NFsKQak.jpg

F4KCqKy.jpg

yJNdyQW.jpg

But that buggy is the iconic Motorstorm vehicule so...

My guess is that it's just an extra car, either DLC or a freebie, as a nice little easter-egg/homage to Motorstorm.

There's no offroad or rally coming :p

breakfuss

And I'd argue some of the people championing the game don't play it much either. We won't name names tho...

Waaghals

I am amazed at the level of after launch support this game is getting. Sure, some of the features should have been there from launch (like replays) but it still is impressive.

I only have only one question:

Are we getting the MB C63S AMG as a downloadable car at any point?

Please, take my money.

PreFire

This looks great! They've been working their asses off it seems

Off topic, what wheels does DC support?

I'm having a hard time using the wobbly L2/R2 for brakes and acceleration on my DS4.

I constantly come out of corns either giving it too much gas or not enough. Can't find the sweet spot.
Same goes for braking when going into a turn. I either slam the brakes and the car screeches and loses control, or I don't press them enough and I go flying into the edge the track, or another car.

I really want to play this game more but it's fucking hard to win a race for me lol I'd like to think it'd be much easier with a wheel.

Again sorry for goiing off topic sort of. Maybe a redirect to the correct thread for my question?

Their priority is ultimately to their paying customers, you know, the people who actually bought the game. And to whom the net code and server functionality is working without hitch, and who I'd imagine very much enjoy and appreciate the consistent release of new content and features.

Amen brother.
As a paying customer I'd be annoyed if they stopped adding features and dlc to satisfy the whinging of a handful of salty shitposters on GAF who, let's face it, probably aren't ever gonna pay for thegame no matter how good it is.
I hope they do get a demo out because more people playing it means more support in the future and a bigger user base. They must tend to their PAYING customers first and foremost though.

Salty cheapskates should NEVER take priority over paying customers. Fact.
:p

Again sorry for goiing off topic sort of. Maybe a redirect to the correct thread for my question?
I don't think its a problem posting that question here, but for your reference, here's a link to the OT.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=913277

I'm sure there are better players than I who can answer your questions, but in my experience its best to brake early and always while you're driving in a straight line, rather than hitting the brakes while you're actually turning. And then accelerate again after you're reached that apex. (Apex is the halfway point of any turn. Ideally you accelerate out of a turn at that point.)

psn

Do we know if the game already made profit for evolution or sony? I hope it's a success and they made second season pass or sequel with splitcreen mp or vr mode.

Or evo could make a new ip or motorstorm by evolution. I hope they're not in danger of closure because of the problematic launch.

I'd say yes. The engine itself is gold and they may use it for future titles as well.

And I'd argue some of the people championing the game don't play it much either. We won't name names tho...

Well I'm level 32 I think. I play it in bursts owing to the amount of other games I have mainly. Man, the PS4 does have a lot of games.

I think you should name names though. .it gives you more validity than making broad accusations.

Some off road tracks would be so good.
I wonder how this would work.

Would those tracks be locked to off-road cars only? Or could you take any car in the game but off-road spec would have a huge advantage? Or would it be more like Forza Horizon where there isn't as huge a disparity in handling off-road sections as you'd expect across the different car classes?

Neither one of those seem particularly free from balancing hassles.

Top Bottom