• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 23-29 | Forever Yung at heArt

Anne

What JP players are confirmed coming after this?

Most of the same squad and then some. Stunedge has 3 rooms at Evo so far that are purely top JP Persona players. Some JP players on twitter are even saying "Yay my nerfed character is good again".

Dlent

So Marvel is going to be the only up to date anime game on the EVO main stage? Looks like Capcom made the right choice by not patching it.

Ed Boon tweeted that MKX has alternate control style (SF Style).

Did you see what Kubo tweeted?

#EVOP4U2
7i37A
Galford's pup. J/k

We need another Samurai Shodown

E: Best fighting stage for me is Pit stage from MK 1

According to Mike Ross, Daigo will be at NCR not hypespotting.

I'm kind of disappointed to see that. I thought he had a better chance at Hypespotting. NCR is more stacked with international talent and some of the locals give Daigo a very hard time. Unlike Europe where it's just Mago, Tokido, and the rest of Europe which he has a pretty good record against the top guys from there. Oh well, gotta believe.

BTW, I made top 16 in WNF Online. I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised that the comp is so weak that even someone like me can make it. Oh well, I'll take it. So if you're going to watch WNF tonight, youl should eventually see me in the losers bracket.

I'm kind of disappointed to see that. I thought he had a better chance at Hypespotting. NCR is more stacked with international talent and some of the locals give Daigo a very hard time. Unlike Europe where it's just Mago, Tokido, and the rest of Europe which he has a pretty good record against the top guys from there. Oh well, gotta believe.

BTW, I made top 16 in WNF Online. I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised that the comp is so weak that even someone like me can make it. Oh well, I'll take it. So if you're going to watch WNF tonight, youl should eventually see me in the losers bracket.

how many entrants for wnf this week?

He'll still win the Daigo Cup.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Watson/level up part ways.
Super Arcade shutdown.
SCR having troubles.
San Deigo Saltmines shutting down.
Champ actually has to work 9-5 now.

It's a bad start of the year for West Coast.

So what channel are they going to use for both NCR and Hypespotting for Ultra? There will be some overlap right? They obviously both can't stream on the same channel (capcomfighters) at the same time. Most of the tournament won't be overlapping for each other, but isn't pools for NCR going to start around 10 am pacific?

Tripon

So what channel are they going to use for both NCR and Hypespotting for Ultra? There will be some overlap right? They obviously both can't stream on the same channel (capcomfighters) at the same time. Most of the tournament won't be overlapping for each other, but isn't pools for NCR going to start around 10 am pacific?

Spooky's the main stream for NCR.

pixelish

there won't be an overlap if the hypespotting crew manages to run everything on time.
pools on saturday only start from 11-3pm (3am-7am pst) while top 8 on sunday is from 3.30-6pm (7.30-10am pst). i think they knew there will be an overlap with ncr as pools for ultra begin way earlier than all of the other games that will be played at there.

sikvod00

Banned
FChamp: It's me, Justin and ChrisG. No one else comes close.

FChamp laying down the real talk.
Right before that statement, Champ said that out of the 3 he's the most complete. So what does he mean exactly? Justin and Chris are slightly weaker overall in FG attributes but excel in a specific area?

Right before that statement, Champ said that out of the 3 he's the most complete. So what does he mean exactly? Justin and Chris are slightly weaker overall in FG attributes but excel in a specific area?

Sounds logic. Champ has 4 characters designed for marvel (magneto, doom, dorm, phoenix) that all has good 8way run movement, projectiles, tri-dash for rush-down, solid combos with damage. He can spice it up a bit with phoenix or play it more classic with Dorm where the order of characters does not really matter. It covers all options.

On the other hand, Chris has 1.5 characters with classic marvel movement (Doom + Morrigan) and Vergil that is used as an anchor even if he's strong in all situations. His team is less malleable but may be stronger when it goes as planned? And Justin a character with no projectile/zoning, a full marvel type character but one of the weakest except for supers, and an anchor who's strong but not garanteed. Therefore, it's justin that makes it work, not the game itself.

I don't know if I'm clear here, and Dahbomb can continue on this but yeah, I feel like Champ is the perfectly balanced player between the three of them.

Spuck-uk

Banned
FChamp: It's me, Justin and ChrisG. No one else comes close.

FChamp laying down the real talk.

"I'm the most complete Marvel player but I don't think there is a clear #1. Chris, Justin, and I are all tied I think."

He's delusional if he thinks he's as good as Justin.

there won't be an overlap if the hypespotting crew manages to run everything on time.
pools on saturday only start from 11-3pm (3am-7am pst) while top 8 on sunday is from 3.30-6pm (7.30-10am pst). i think they knew there will be an overlap with ncr as pools for ultra begin way earlier than all of the other games that will be played at there.

so in other words, there will be overlap

Top Bottom