• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 23-29 | Forever Yung at heArt

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It was 30 for venue until last night but it's up to 45 now. With +2 for processing. Entry fee for each game depends on which one, it's not a flat one.

Ah that's close to average for other tournaments too. Gotta find a way to make it to NWM from NY now lol ;_;

mbpm1

God's Beard!";157441867] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Nk4Px9l4Y said:
vs Dudley[/URL]

Thoughts:
-every heavy button incurs substantial risk because you can be jumped in on or counter-poked easily, both of which can lead to substantial damage into stun by a good dudley. think carefully before doing them
-Throw fireballs mostly in the range of outside cr mk range. Anything further is easily reactable.
-Similarly there's no reason to back off and keep dancing back the way you did numerous times. Once you're outside your cr mk range you are usually at a disadvantage bc Ken's zoning sucks and Dudley blows up zoners anyway. If you do put yourself outside that range make your movement more unpredictable by using step kicks, blocking, focusing, etc to avoid getting rekt by random duffs or w/e.
-Watch out for ducking and remember to tech when he gets in that way.
-use more cr .mk buffered into fireball pre-empt him when at a distance
-Don't back up too much. Move forward and push him back if you can.
-Combos could have been better optimized.

God's Beard!";157441867] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOy60V22JQ said:
vs Ibuki[/URL]

-Why are you focusing? Ibuki has numerous ways to beat that.
-Your offense was too predictable. Pretty much always just step kick into cr. mk into fireball or jump ins or focus. the opponent was able to predict and stop them bc of this.

God's Beard!";157441867] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNrGflZCmE said:
vs Zangief[/URL]

Private bruh

Rhapsody

Banned
Any KoF people, I asked this on twitter but I'll ask this here as well.

Generally in KoF, do different jumps affect air normal startups, landing recovery, or even hitstun?

Just wondering if there's more to it than just the jump arcs.

Generally in KoF, do different jumps affect air normal startups, landing recovery, or even hitstun?

AFAIK, no. hop and full jump attack hitboxes are different at least in 13, though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nah, everyone should just use Yams' avatar with different hair coloring.

I call pink.

Calling purple now

Yo Tik-Tok, color up some quick ones for these fellas. I'll switch back to my avatar if you do and it'll be a big family!

I thought BakeYams cloned himself.

I hope we get MvC2/UMvC3 on PSN greatest hits or something goofy so I can play it on the PS4

Only you could understand me MiniBoss... I need Groot in Mahvel

alstein

I know it can in a few cases in 98, Billy straight up A and C are impacted.
EX Geese shippuken has a height restriction which makes it impossible off a backdash.

Watching Duelling the KOF 13th season's 2k2um tournament. Something about this game is just amazing.

As is the amount of tier whores in the red team. So many K'/Kasumi/Nameless players.

Rhapsody

Banned
AFAIK, no. hop and full jump attack hitboxes are different at least in 13, though.
I know it can in a few cases in 98, Billy straight up A and C are impacted.
EX Geese shippuken has a height restriction which makes it impossible off a backdash.
Ah, I see. 98 has nice hitstun on jump ins, so I never really thought too much about it in that game.
Watching Duelling the KOF 13th season's 2k2um tournament. Something about this game is just amazing.

As is the amount of tier whores in the red team. So many K'/Kasumi/Nameless players.
I haven't watched too many Japanese play of KoF 02UM until recently. So many people using that team lol

I really like watching ET play KoF 02UM though. Enjoyed watching him demolish people at SEAM with random characters.

Seyavesh

This is Capcom we're talking about -- if this actually was happening, it would have leaked by now.
to be fair since s.kill left capcom they've been pretty airtight about leaks beyond the hiiiiilarious 'oops forgot to set it to private' sf5 leak

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I gotta collect all of these quotes and save them. Once MvC4 gets announced, all of ya are getting Yamified. Dahbomb is in automatically since he loves Mahvel, but he gets to change his hair to vergil's hair to live up to his DMC fanaticism.

fader

I gotta collect all of these quotes and save them. Once MvC4 gets announced, all of ya are getting Yamified. Dahbomb is in automatically since he loves Mahvel, but he gets to change his hair to vergil's hair to live up to his DMC fanaticism.

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

i been wanting to get into fighting games...

what is considered the most in depth 2d fighting game and 3d fighting game on the market?

That depends on how you define depth. Technical difficulty, complexity, how much you have to take the opponent into attention. All of which is useless Internet e-peen points.

Play what's fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i been wanting to get into fighting games...

what is considered the most in depth 2d fighting game and 3d fighting game on the market?
Define depth.

I give the same advice for anyone wanting to start getting into fighting games: just choose the game where you think the characters look the coolest.

That depends on how you define depth. Technical difficulty, complexity, how much you have to take the opponent into attention. All of which is useless Internet e-peen points.

Play what's fun.

looking for what is considered the most technical complexity games, what is the most technical complex 2d fighter

i love games that have complex battle/combat systems....as i love to put in lots of time in mastering games...

mbpm1

looking for what is considered the most technical complexity games, what is the most technical complex 2d fighter

i love games that have complex battle/combat systems....as i love to put in lots of time in mastering games...
Even a middle of the line fg like sf will take hundreds and probably thousands of hours mastering. You could pick many.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Nah, everyone should just use Yams' avatar with different hair coloring.

I call pink.

Calling purple now

calling aqua

How about y'all switch to yams avatar when MvC4 is announced..

ill take that bet.

Dibs on royal/azure blue.

I would put yam's face on the monster and Q on the kid if this happens.

See you in 6 years Yams when all the movie hype is deflated.

count me in

inscribed on your tombstone

Calling Demi-Yams.
v2ZUfGG.png

I call the one with a badly drawn Link hat. :3

Got a list of victims.

Top Bottom