• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Tried the reddit cryptarch trick.

I saved up more engrams so I had 26 rare engrams to decrypt before trying the legendary special weapon engram I had.

Not a single rare turned to legendary. It was enough to nearly complete a full cryptarch rank.
#smartloot

Sounds good, thanks for the update. Like I said before, I only offered since nobody else seemed like they wanted to do it, haha.

Looks like we could cap out in the middle of the night and need a new OT. Do you think you are capable of staying up all night for this?
:D

I saved up more engrams so I had 26 rare engrams to decrypt before trying the legendary special weapon engram I had.

Not a single rare turned to legendary. It was enough to nearly complete a full cryptarch rank.

Stealth hotfix.

drizzay is going to lie about hunters not being the best isn't he

Second this notion.

lol we'll just have to wait a few pages to find out... Xur should get us there soon.

Drizzay would not be lying.

Lie? Drizzay is gonna tell the cold hard truth. It's time for DestinyGAF to see the light!

Titan bros for life!

as long as we all agree that warlocks suck

maybe comet's 3rd subclass will give you guys a proper jump

We can all agree on that.

On a more serious note, I can try to add things to the OP like class/subclass advice or descriptions but not sure if it would matter. Regulars know everything by now and I feel like usually new people just start reading wherever the thread is at instead of carefully perusing the OP.

I ran into the same issue as Defyler.

Shieeet. Hope these guys make an update video.

It'd look bad on Bungie removed the possibly of blue loot being legendary or legendary being exotics....because turning in 26 engrams should net atleast 1 legendary..

lol we'll just have to wait a few pages to find out... Xur should get us there soon.

Titan bros for life!

On a more serious note, I can try to add things to the OP like class/subclass advice or descriptions but not sure if it would matter. Regulars know everything by now and I feel like usually new people just start reading wherever the thread is at instead of carefully perusing the OP.

Do it. Don't forget to add the scrota hp and damage calculations in the OP :p

We can all agree on that. .

i'm obviously biased since most of my playtime was on a gunslinger; however, i've put good time into the others.

when it comes to fashion, i think the warlocks are head and shoulders above the rest:

1. hunters have dozens of frabjous hoods, scarves and cloaks to choose from...and that's about it. the helmets are designed to filter out the stank of the rest of the armor, which is unfairly shader repellent. i swear you can find everything to make a cheap hunter cosplay - kneepads, nylon, zebra print and all - from a local sports center. why ya'll gotta be so tacky?
  2. titans have the most creative and cohesive armor sets, especially with their helmets. their armor actually looks like armor, although some of it can be a bit ridiculous. don't get me started on the skirts and towels though. there are some attractive ones, but others don't leave much of an impression. it's a shame this was chosen as a class item instead of something bold like shaax's fur collar.
  3. warlocks have it good with a full body robe that soaks in almost all of the shaders. the normal bonds are often dull and unnoticeable, but i'm partial to the glowing bonds, which can be subtle accents when the color matches with the robes. the only thing i've heard people groan about are the reskinned helmets. otherwise, i'd say the best dressed awards go to the 'locks.

that's just appearance though. playing the warlock is a different animal. the voidwalker is the first character i played in destiny and i thought i was in for a treat. sadly, no matter how often i' go back, i discover otherwise. for a class that apparently prides itself on grace, they're surprisingly flimsy, imprecise and sluggish.

everyone's probably aware of the comical glide ability, which is impractically slow, even with focus burst. (bunny hopping is fun, but titans do it better.)

blink is top of the food chain in pvp - especially when paired with a shotgun - but it quickly becomes a source of embarrassment as soon as you're required to jump on something. nova bomb is devastating and truly feels "super"... until it falls terribly short of your target or hits the top of a doorframe (i admit i suck with this but it's not very forgiving). the melee attacks have decent range and neat perks which are unfortunately eclipsed by the other classes in terms of utility. i've found the rest of the abilities more passive and situational, and therefore less applicable in moment to moment combat. they've got some damn good 'nades though.

it's always nice to have a sunsinger prop up back to life and prevent a wipe, but they ain't much help otherwise (not since the cheese spoiled). most of the sunsingers i've encountered pride themselves in returning from the dead - often dying shortly after - and spamming grenades instead of supplying their teammates with orbs and shorter cooldowns. were it not for the fusion grenade that always seems to find its way onto my face, i'd barely even notice you guys.

'locks should stick to the books.

edit: the silver lining in all this is that warlock armor apparently has decent perks. i don't think they're as practical as the titan armor, but the whole set seems useful, if not primarily for pve. compare that to hunters, who really only have 3 exotics worth using. knucklehead radar is one of the best crucible exotics and the symbiote is right beside it. but bladedancers ought to be abusing their arcbolt grenades - arguably the best grenade in pvp - with the lucky raspberry chest.

Destiny |OT20| No Raid! HoW Come? No Comet!

Fits the subpar titles and relevant. Not bad.

And now we'll probably end up closing with some disgusting Titan chest pounding 'we bled on a wall' from a certain someone *coughNamicough*. Or Fig kills Zoba for trashing Hunter fashion.

mfn_pie

Titan bros for life!

As a new player I have read the shit out of the OP. I may not be the norm but don't discount that.

Fits the subpar titles and relevant. Not bad.

And now we'll probably end up closing with some disgusting Titan chest pounding 'we bled on a wall' from a certain someone *coughNamicough*. Or Fig kills Zoba for trashing Hunter fashion.

the thing about hunter fasion is that it only looks good from behind.

any hunter who objects is lying or below level 30.

destiny fashion in one image

JJZp9iR.jpg

and what i was wearing that day...

ct8To7U.jpg

never forget the zebra prints

9aRASMg.jpg

i forget whose titan was killing the aesthetics here. i want to say nami but idk what your guardian looks like.

the melee attacks have decent range
decent range?

Decent?

Decent..............

If by decent you mean they can hit you from like 10 feet away then yes I'd agree. Then the other two classes must be downright terrible.

Sorry I just hate warlocks so fucking much. That goddamn fusion grenade and axion bolt and their melee attack is infuriating.

decent range?

Decent?

Decent..............

If by decent you mean they can hit you from like 10 feet away then yes I'd agree. Then the other two classes must be downright terrible.

Sorry I just hate warlocks so fucking much. That goddamn fusion grenade and axion bolt and their melee attack is infuriating.

well blink strike has the farthest lunge (and i think the backstab perk is a OHK from behind) and hunter's throwing knife can kill you across the map if it lands.

titans don't have much range, but force barrier gives you an overshield, so...

well blink strike has the farthest lunge (and i think the backstab perk is a OHK from behind) and hunter's throwing knife can kill you across the map if it lands.

titans don't have much range, but force barrier gives you an overshield, so...
I think force barrier only gives you the shield on a kill. The sunsingers have that flame shield on hit.

I do love me some throwing knives though.

I think force barrier only gives you the shield on a kill. The sunsingers have that flame shield on hit.

I do love me some throwing knives though.

hit is definitely better than kill but it depends on which one is stronger.

anyway, what are we doing for the OT? may as well make the new one now since Xur's about to show up.

as long as we all agree that warlocks suck

maybe comet's 3rd subclass will give you guys a proper jump
Hunters need exotic boots to jump as high as a Warlock or Titan can. Hunters have the shittiest jumps in the game. I hate playing my girlfriend's Hunter whenever there's jumping involved. They suck. Suck suck suck.

Hunters need exotic boots to jump as high as a Warlock or Titan can. Hunters have the shittiest jumps in the game. I hate playing my girlfriend's Hunter whenever there's jumping involved. They suck. Suck suck suck.

It took me the longest time to get used to the hunter jump, do not like.

I wouldn't mind if Xur sells the Radiant Dance Machines today, missed it last time.
Finally convinced Crota to drop the last exotic I needed (Monte Carlo) to complete the Kanto Pokedex.
Just need the RDMs now to finish up Johto.

Do it. Don't forget to add the scrota hp and damage calculations in the OP :p

Haha I could put some Raid strat details or something. As much as I enjoy talking about Scrota Math it really is useless for most players, R2 spam works fine. Literally just something I started doing to kill time between sword spawns.

As a new player I have read the shit out of the OP. I may not be the norm but don't discount that.

This is very useful to hear actually, thanks for the heads up. I will try to work on some stuff for it. Also happy to take input/additions from other people like the Xbox player list thing some people were working on.

anyway, what are we doing for the OT? may as well make the new one now since Xur's about to show up.

When's the new OT going up? Go go DrDrizzay!

Yeah like DJ and Orthogonal said it's too early now. Don't want to give the OT-detractors more ammunition besides the "it's all LFG" complaint.

Edit: add "it's all Boguester double posts" to the complaint list...

I'll be up for a while so it shouldn't be an issue to time the new OT properly, depending on how long these last few pages take. I'll start working on it now since I've never made a Gaf thread, although I'm sure it's not exactly neuroscience.

i think you mean best jump

• it's the only jump that can jump again at any point before landing and still increase height. if you don't double tap the titan and warlock jumps, you will continue descending if you press it again while airborne.
  • only jump that can fully change direction in mid air. double jump with directional control can either enhance or cancel your momentum from the first jump. you can use this to 180° onto a platform directly above you without having to change your direction. if you do this on a titan or warlock, you'll have to come out, turn and face forward or you'll lose momentum trying to jump backwards. triple jump can also triangulate movements (jump off of the map, turn and then jump back on) and i believe it has the most horizontal movement out of any of the jumps.
  • only jump where you can fire your weapons almost immediately afterwards. titan and warlock lower the weapon while they're gliding or lifting, and firing your weapon will drop you in the air instantly. gliding and lifting takes longer to reach maximum height than jumping, which means you're less combat-capable while airborne. this is a big thing to me because i hipfire the last word in the air. so that weapon + hunter's jump is a deadly combo.

height isn't everything. the titan has the edge in forward momentum and height, but you rarely need that in pvp. that's where mobility comes into play, and agility is the hunter's domain.

and we're getting boots that boost weapon accuracy in the air - lord have mercy

i think you mean best jump

-it's the only jump that can jump again at any point before landing and still increase height. if you don't double tap the titan and warlock jumps, you will continue descending if you press it again while airborne.
-only jump that can fully change direction in mid air. double jump with directional control can 180, and triple jump can triangulate movements (jump off of the map, turn and then jump back on).
-only jump where you can fire your weapons almost immediately afterwards. titan and warlock lower the weapon while they're gliding or lifting, and firing your weapon will drop you in the air instantly. gliding and lifting takes longer to reach maximum height than jumping

height isn't everything. the titan has the edge in forward momentum and height, but you rarely need that in pvp. that's where mobility comes into play, and agility is the hunter's domain.

and we're getting boots that boost weapon accuracy in the air - lord have mercy
Thank you sir, because I didn't want to type it. The hunter triple jump is my favorite.

The only bad thing I can think of is that it's a bit harder to get into the cheese spot during the nexus fight.

Thank you sir, because I didn't want to type it. The hunter triple jump is my favorite.

The only bad thing I can think of is that it's a bit harder to get into the cheese spot during the nexus fight.

precision based jumps that are dependent on height can be difficult; however, you descend and ascend just as quickly and do not need to "triple tap" to cancel jumps. i can only imagine how inconvenient that is for people playing on a control scheme other than jumper.

I'll be up for a while so it shouldn't be an issue to time the new OT properly, depending on how long these last few pages take. I'll start working on it now since I've never made a Gaf thread, although I'm sure it's not exactly neuroscience.

It's not just an OT, but a top-of-page post. This had better be amazing.

What's a realistic expectation for Xur today? I'm going to assume he won't be selling the yolohorn

Disappointment

honjo73

Hello DGAF! have been playing Destiny since the alpha and actively reading this thread for a while. looking forward to running with you guys in the future.

PSN: honjo73

GutZ31

Hello DGAF! have been playing Destiny since the alpha and actively reading this thread for a while. looking forward to running with you guys in the future.

I don't approve of new people until they have a silly picture for an avatar.
You have been warned.

What's a realistic expectation for Xur today? I'm going to assume he won't be selling the yolohorn
I think today is Gjallarhorn day.

... or Dragon Breath day

Hoping for Thunderlord day.

I do feel a strong possibility for Truth though.

Welcome.

Gala

My plan for the weekend:

3x Atheon NM
3x Atheon HM
3x Gatekeeper HM
3x Crota NM (full raid, need shards)
1 or 2 times Crota HM (depends on the level of my Titan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom