• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is there a procedure for when you're going to post an OT on behalf of someone else? I guess I'll be posting the Omega Quintet one for CureVylash. Already cleared it with a mod.

Nope the only real thing that there is to know is that all responsibilities of running said OT falls on you including any issues. If you have all of that squared away then you are good to go. All same rules apply as if the OT was your own.

FluxWaveZ

Is it too soon to claim the OT for the Gears of War 1/Collection remaster? No problem if it is, I see Gears 4 is already claimed though

Gears of War Remastered by Steverulez (25th April 2015)

It hasn't even been announced yet. Of course it's too soon.

Edit: Looking over the OP, some of those like Gears 4 or God of War PS4 are pretty suspect. I'd say one can't just reserve a game that hasn't even been announced, but I dunno how this operates now.

It hasn't even been announced yet. Of course it's too soon.

Edit: Looking over the OP, some of those like Gears 4 or God of War PS4 are pretty suspect. I'd say one can't just reserve a game that hasn't even been announced, but I dunno how this operates now.

Well, I checked the OP, I see Hitman 6 for example was taken in 2012 which was the same year Absolution launched and we can see it (Gears) exists...

TheMoon

So uh I guess I have to name the Paper Mario OT thread title a specific way? It's technically the second Virtual Console release of the game. I was thinking "Paper Mario (Wii-U VC)" but Nemesis_ wrote down "Paper Mario (Virtual Console)" on the OP.

P.S. Criticism is welcome.

The most important thing is that you kill that disgusting hyphen in Wii-U. It's "Wii U." Nothing else.

Well, I checked the OP, I see Hitman 6 for example was taken in 2012 which was the same year Absolution launched and we can see it (Gears) exists...

You're ignoring the fact that the 1 year rule exists now and didn't until a few months ago.

Nemesis, I think you should specifically call out the 1 year rule in the OP so we don't have to explain it to everyone all the time.

Parakeetman

Is it too soon to claim the OT for the Gears of War 1/Collection remaster? No problem if it is, I see Gears 4 is already claimed though

Gears of War Remastered by Steverulez (25th April 2015)

If there has been no official announcement yet which states a general time frame for a release the folks are unable to make a claim. Once an official announcement is made and it fits within the 1 year window as new rules stated, then it is perfectly fine to make a claim.

You're ignoring the fact that the 1 year rule exists now and didn't until a few months ago.

Nemesis, I think you should specifically call out the 1 year rule in the OP so we don't have to explain it to everyone all the time.

Well, all I did was read the OP, see something that is clearly coming and look at what other precedents have been set but I will edit and comeback when its announced.

hydruxo

Does not release within a year from now.

Nemesis, the 1-year rule really needs to be in the OP (explicitly!).

Oh ok, that's fine if that's the case. I'll claim it in October.

Though I'm curious why the movie OTs in the OP are allowed to be claimed when some of them are more than a year out? Shouldn't the rule be the same across the board?

TheMoon

Oh ok, that's fine if that's the case. I'll claim it in October.

Though I'm curious why the movie OTs in the OP are allowed to be claimed when some of them are more than a year out? Shouldn't the rule be the same across the board?

The rule is still fairly young.

TomShoe

Banned
Is it possible to get a regular thread turned into an OT? Seeing as the Agar.io thread blew up, I was thinking about getting it converted.

Howdy...

I just wanted to make mention / notification that I'm going to be taking over the making of the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt OT instead of Snuggles.

Parakeetman

Can I claim Gravity Rush 2 way in advance? I suspect it'll be out this year and want to get in on that OT goodness.

Unless something has been officially announced claims are unable to be made. Once something official is released and it fits within the 1 year schedule then sure.

cj_iwakura

Is there a statute of limitations if someone was supposed to do a community thread and hasn't done it, say, nine months later?

Parakeetman

Is there a statute of limitations if someone was supposed to do a community thread and hasn't done it, say, nine months later?

Am assuming you are talking about the Yakuza one. Since I recall Irish Ninja saying that you were interested in it. Go talk to LelouchViBrittania and sort it out. If you still are having issues after talking to him and or not getting responses when said user is active, then come back here and let us know. In general the mods are not too amused when things are unable to be settled by the community itself. As you might have seen with posts by Stumpokapow unfortunately, so unless said user is not cooperating by not answering your queries in regards to status then mod involvement would have to be necessary as there is nothing more another user can do.

Considering that hopefully E3 time Id imagine we would be getting a release date announcement for 5 would be nice if there was a community thread up. As am sure there will be folks wandering in wondering what they should do about the previous titles and having a community thread would help those users.

The one Im working on am waiting on an artist to finish with their work schedule for the title image, all the rest of the stuff is a non issue. It works out better anyways, since more titles are being released in the US for those users who do not import for whatever valid reason they have. Do hope to get it out by the time Op Abyss US releases. By then too maybe will get some new announcements to add to the list also. Considering some have been thinned out due to the new rules & regs regarding titles that have been banned here on GAF.

cj_iwakura

Am assuming you are talking about the Yakuza one. Since I recall Irish Ninja saying that you were interested in it. Go talk to LelouchViBrittania and sort it out.

Considering that hopefully E3 time Id imagine we would be getting a release date announcement for 5 would be nice if there was a community thread up.

I have. He's been online since I PMed him, no answer.

JDHarbs

Speaking of community threads, I released the Star Wars one awhile back but forgot to say anything here. it can removed from the list

Parakeetman

I have. He's been online since I PMed him, no answer.

Alright, let me go write to Stumpokapow then in regards to this. Yeah thats not cool then if the guy isnt answering.

Speaking of community threads, I released the Star Wars one awhile back but forgot to say anything here. it can removed from the list

Its all good, you dont have to worry about stuff getting removed from the list if you already released your CT. :)

Parakeetman

Appreciated. I figure if there's no word by this weekend, me and Irish will go forward with doing our own.

Yeah just got done writing to Stumpokapow. Also suggest the same thing in regards to due to lack of communication and such, would be more fair to let those who are ready and willing to work on it.

Will update you on the situation as soon as a reply arrives.

-----

I should go do up an EXP Inc. Community thread in the mean time, since word from the artist is their schedule is still slam packed. Not surprising considering what they do.

Experience Inc Community Thread Parakeetman (6th May, 2015)
*Temporary till the full JDRPG thread goes up once the necessary artwork is done by artist. Should be a good separate community regardless.

cj_iwakura

I should go do up an EXP Inc. Community thread in the mean time, since word from the artist is their schedule is still slam packed. Not surprising considering what they do.

Experience Inc Community Thread Parakeetman (6th May, 2015)
*Temporary till the full JDRPG thread goes up once the necessary artwork is done by artist. Should be a good separate community regardless.

Should be done by either tonight or tomorrow.

Did you do the Yakuza 0 banner(s), or do you have a collaborator? I'd love for the Community ones to be similar if at all possible.

Parakeetman

Did you do the Yakuza 0 banner(s), or do you have a collaborator? I'd love for the Community ones to be similar if at all possible.

I do all of the graphics myself most of the times, any occasions when I do get help from others its all listed in the credits. Such as the folks who helped with cutting out some images from the backgrounds for the Dragon Quest Heroes OT. As this PC does not have the a good enough program to do it efficiently.

cj_iwakura

I do all of the graphics myself most of the times, any occasions when I do get help from others its all listed in the credits. Such as the folks who helped with cutting out some images from the backgrounds for the Dragon Quest Heroes OT. As this PC does not have the a good enough program to do it efficiently.

Cool, I think I get the gist of how you made them, but if you'd want to help with a community thread that'd be great. I rely on MSP.

Parakeetman

Cool, I think I get the gist of how you made them, but if you'd want to help with a community thread that'd be great. I rely on MSP.

go get paint.net as that should be good enough for most standard things. others use gimp but never tried that program so cant be of much help. both are free also. though you would need to look through the paint.net forums for any plugins if there is a feature you feel might be missing.

all you need to do is work with layers its not that hard to do for simple banners.

those were made with the brushstroke png image and text layer on top. very easy to do. finding resources is what usually takes longer.

Making OT graphics is not nearly as hard as you might think at first. My last OT came out looking fairly decent (I think), and all it required was taking some art assets from the Wolfenstein website, finding a font that matched the one they were using, and then working with about two to three layers per image. Really pretty easy stuff.

Quick

Banned
Making OT graphics is not nearly as hard as you might think at first. My last OT came out looking fairly decent (I think), and all it required was taking some art assets from the Wolfenstein website, finding a font that matched the one they were using, and then working with about two to three layers per image. Really pretty easy stuff.

Don't forget Google Images :p

The only difficult part of it all is actually applying your idea (if it's anything more than just banners and categories).

I ran through about 5 different versions for the Age of Ultron OT before settling with what I posted.

Don't forget Google Images :p

The only difficult part of it all is actually applying your idea (if it's anything more than just banners and categories).

I ran through about 5 different versions for the Age of Ultron OT before settling with what I posted.
Absolutely true. The work itself is usually fairly easy. At the most it might be tedious if you need to cut pieces out, but rarely is it ever hard. The struggle for me is definitely always the concept process, just figuring out what exactly my vision for the OT is.

cj_iwakura

go get paint.net as that should be good enough for most standard things. others use gimp but never tried that program so cant be of much help. both are free also. though you would need to look through the paint.net forums for any plugins if there is a feature you feel might be missing.

all you need to do is work with layers its not that hard to do for simple banners.

those were made with the brushstroke png image and text layer on top. very easy to do. finding resources is what usually takes longer.

I have paint.net, but the only tutorials for layers I could find seemed incredibly complicated.

Vision for me is the easy part, it's assembly that takes a while.

Shizuka

I'll make my first attempt with an OT in August, but I've done some image editing in my days, I know how to edit most transparent PNG images to something nice. Still, I'll try to make my OTs clear and with a lot of interesting info instead of flashy images.

Parakeetman

I have paint.net, but the only tutorials for layers I could find seemed incredibly complicated.

Vision for me is the easy part, it's assembly that takes a while.

Am not sure what you are finding complicated. You have 2 separate images which are layers and when you are done editing each one you combine them by flattening the layers which allows you to save the file in whatever image format you want.

If you are trying to do something fancy then yeah it can be complex, but for simple things like banners it should be a non issue.

cj_iwakura

Am not sure what you are finding complicated. You have 2 separate images which are layers and when you are done editing each one you combine them by flattening the layers which allows you to save the file in whatever image format you want.

If you are trying to do something fancy then yeah it can be complex, but for simple things like banners it should be a non issue.

Transparency was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom