• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

WAIT HOW DID I MISS THIS?

RAT QUEENS DELUXE HARDCOVER VOLUME ONE
STORY: KURTIS J. WIEBE
ART: ROC UPCHURCH, STJEPAN SEJIC, & TESS FOWLER
EARLY SOLICIT FOR A NOVEMBER RELEASE
NOVEMBER 25 / 304 PAGES/ FC / M / $39.99 / OVERSIZED
Collects RAT QUEENS #1-10 plus the never-before reprinted RAT QUEENS SPECIAL: BRAGA #1 plus extras all in an over-sized hardcover with a SILVER-FOIL stamped cover! A collector's dream package just in time for Christmas!

I know what I want for Christmas!

RatQueensDlxHC-Vol1-2x3-300-846d0.jpg

ReAxion

Southern Bastards is almost a pitch perfect representation of the south. If you dont like the way the characters are portrayed becauze they come off as stereotypes, that's ok. We think the actual people from Bama are too much like stereotypes except it's real and terifying.

And there's a difference between people from there telling their story and Harvard comedians making jokes.

Which bill am I helping out with this month?
Netflix bill

There is a bit of a caveat with that link I posted. Some of the people who responded to the questions must be Comic artists on the side especially the Web comics people. It's pretty difficult to make a living as a webcomics artist. At least in print comics, people expect to pay for the content

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Man, anyone who isn't down with Tocchini art hates art.

SQUEEEE!

And Jesus Christ, what's up with that ODY-C cover?

He grew on me a few issues into Low, but now I'm fully for his flowing style. Oh and he's done rad covers for Hinterkind.

Vito

Banned
Oh, first of all, thanks to people who gave me scifi comic suggestions, I tackled Planetary which was nice, even if I wasn't completely sold on the art (I'm weird and picky, plus I read manga). The Invisible Republic looks pretty cool... need more of it!

Now another dumb question, being an OCD nerd I try to find the cover previews in best quality possible. So where do sites get pics for the mass solicitation posts?

Pfffffft. That cliffhanger is never going to be resolved.
After this E3 I've learned anything is possible.

Actually. Thinking about this E3 what helped it be so amazing was the return of Japanese (mostly square) back to the console/PC space. I think Japan's move to steam has helped a lot

Now to get caught up on comics.

Yikes. Some really weird ass posts that tread ridiculous waters now.

"I'm seriously considering my 3DS/Wii U tomorrow morning."
I am at the point now where they have to show a ton for me to invest in a launch Nintendo system again. All how systems are not the best investments at launch but with Nintendo I think it's time to wait and buy in a bundle bunch.

PsychBat!

Banned
I am at the point now where they have to show a ton for me to invest in a launch Nintendo system again. All how systems are not the best investments at launch but with Nintendo I think it's time to wait and buy in a bundle bunch.

Literally no console ever these past couple of gens imo showed any games of significant interest at launch. I wait a year or two before getting one, Nintendo is no exception.

Southern Bastards is almost a pitch perfect representation of the south. If you dont like the way the characters are portrayed becauze they come off as stereotypes, that's ok. We think the actual people from Bama are too much like stereotypes except it's real and terifying.

VERY COOL THING ABOUT HOW MUCH COMIC ARTISTS MAKE

http://sktchd.com/longform/whats-the-life-of-a-comic-artist-like/

Spoiler Alert!

Most artists don't make shit

Most that that data is, sadly, not surprising.

Random things I note. Also, I think I overdid it:
I'm a bit confused why the sample size is referred to as not being statistically significant without any sort of p-value or the like being given. Not talking about how this is a non-random sample (as it clearly is not) is something else I think is missing and I'm being way too serious about this probably.

Using my basic math skills, it appears that 2 people didn't answer for gender and 15 people decided, unhelpfully, that their gender was "cis". I have no idea how the question was set up. but with 32/184 (17.4%) of the responses to gender falling into a space other than male/female I would have liked to have seen an attempt to split this into cis/trans along with male/female plus (a) non-binary and/or other option(s). This is especially true since the follow up piece on gender has a very awkward male/female/trans split that honestly makes no sense.

In the charts, Trans represents anyone but men and women who responded. I know that is not accurate, nor is it fair. While Microsoft Excel is the former most of the time, its interest in fairness is limited, and the subset had to be reduced due to spacing issues. My apologies, and I hope you understand.

as a result, it's unclear if everyone in the male and female categories are cis and the trans category is completely useless. Very small sample sizes especially make much of the gender evaluation on the next page questionable.

It's weird how they talk about Valiant supposedly valuing their creators so much and them enjoying the experience there when Valiant is firmly in the middle of the pack in the ratings of experience with publishers, finding themselves slightly behind Marvel and IDW and only above the mediocre ratings of Boom and Dynamite.

The lack of any real crosstab data outside the problematic gender-based follow up is disappointing as well.

tim1138

So pretty.

The paper is rather nice with a matte feel, like in Absolute Watchmen.

Next to more Ellis Absolutes. No space for writer/artist names on the spine. Now if I could only find Absolute Authority at a reasonable price.

Also, damn you Vertigo, where's my dust jacket.

That looks great.
And man, fuck dust jackets. Absolute Final Crisis looks so goofy with one next to Absolute Batman and Robin and Absolute Batman Inc which don't have them.

Messi

CBR, same as every other solicit day ever.

Is it just me, or did they change the way they're drawing Quake?

It looks like they're making her eyes a bit more almond-shaped to make her look more like Skye in the Agents of SHIELD TV show.

Maria Hill? Is that you?

Top Bottom