• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ice Cream Mafia

You're all different flavors of ice cream and most of you are Vanilla.

Sorian

Banned
Using programs to graph/plot activity, etc. Just feels wrong to me, same as checking when someone was last logged in to see if they're lurking or just legitimately not around.

I like the spreadsheets/graphing type stuff as a fun thing to talk about outside of the game world. I agree that it has no place inside of the real discussions within a game of who to lynch and why.

Palmer_v1

Gimmicks. I endorse a return to more normal games

That's been my stance even before Season 2 started. I THINK Archer is relatively normal. The only gimmick I'm aware of so far is the Missions, and all that really does is temporarily split a segment of the game into their own game.

Lol, you edited, but your misunderstanding does apply as well.

Ourobolus

Banned
That's been my stance even before Season 2 started. I THINK Archer is relatively normal. The only gimmick I'm aware of so far is the Missions, and all that really does is temporarily split a segment of the game into their own game.

Yes, for the most part I tried to keep Archer as relatively sane as possible. Still some shenanigans, but nothing too ridiculous! :p

Hey y'all, this is the first time I've heard of the Mafia game. Is there still room for me to sign up for the next season? Male pronouns please.
I can't wait for the totally eventual JoJo Mafia.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hey y'all, this is the first time I've heard of the Mafia game. Is there still room for me to sign up for the next season? Male pronouns please.

you're top of the waiting list, so you may even get in this season as a replacement

welcome aboard! :3

Makai

Yes! And you might even get in this season as a replacement player.

Palmer_v1

Welcome to the party! Any experience with Mafia/Werewolf previously? I wasn't sure if you meant this is the first you've heard of OUR Mafia games, or Mafia in general.

roytheone

Clearly this guy here hasn't been following the current on goings at the dangrapapa thread, or else he wouldn't be so willing to sign up!
Just joking!.........kinda........maybe.

Welcome to the party! Any experience with Mafia/Werewolf previously? I wasn't sure if you meant this is the first you've heard of OUR Mafia games, or Mafia in general.
This is the first I've heard of Mafia in general. I get the general concept, but I want to study up on previous GAF Mafia threads so I don't screw up.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first I've heard of Mafia in general. I get the general concept, but I want to study up on previous GAF Mafia threads so I don't screw up.

The Star Wars one is a good one to read: there's a good amount of "what not to do" while still making a pleasant experience.

Palmer_v1

lol, be aware that we have yet to actually settle into a flow where we aren't regularly doing things totally wrong anyway. Crab did post some links to guides on the basics that are worth reading through. I think they're posted in page 3 of the OP.

@Crab

So.... I know you're just a taaaaad busy, but I noticed post 2 could be updated with the game titles.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
lol, be aware that we have yet to actually settle into a flow where we aren't regularly doing things totally wrong anyway. Crab did post some links to guides on the basics that are worth reading through. I think they're posted in page 3 of the OP.

@Crab

So.... I know you're just a taaaaad busy, but I noticed post 2 could be updated with the game titles.

oh gosh, yes, i'll do that in a mo.

Makai

@Crab

I like unique rulesets. It gives each game its own flavor and keeps us getting locked into the same strategies. My favorite moments are when somebody unveils an ability that changes the current dynamic - e.g. traube's override, kgtrep's duel, gossips

I hope we do a role madness game next season.

Burbeting

Banned

Lot of gimmicks can end up just as distractions for the main game itself, so I mostly agree. Archer has been pretty balanced so far though.

I kinda wish that I can mod a game at some point, but I can see that the list of people wanting to do that is long long long long long. I haven't modded a game since 2013 or so, so I feel bit rusty about it tho.

Sorian

Banned
Lot of gimmicks can end up just as distractions for the main game itself, so I mostly agree. Archer has been pretty balanced so far though.

I kinda wish that I can mod a game at some point, but I can see that the list of people wanting to do that is long long long long long. I haven't modded a game since 2013 or so, so I feel bit rusty about it tho.

It's funny that people keep pointing to Archer as the one that's not really gimmiky when Cthulhu doesn't have any added gimmicks on the surface (I'm positive theres something below the surface)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I don't think you should be discouraged from modding a game. We had a lot more people interested in doing so towards the end of S2 and only 3 made it through. And we had 3 mostly because they all wanted ~20 players. If we had a wider range of game sizes we could support more than 3.

It's funny that people keep pointing to Archer as the one that's not really gimmiky when Cthulhu doesn't have any added gimmicks on the surface (I'm positive theres something below the surface)
What about the Time Cube that gets passed around like an STD?

Palmer_v1

Well they have those alleged cubes or whatever, that get passed around. The abilities it contains might be mundane, but rest is not.

muqritu.gif

Zatoth

Someone is definitely below the surface.

sleeping_cthulhu_by_nedesem-d4pt17c.png

Sorian

Banned
I have been catching up with the Danganronpa thread (Never even heard of that franchise before). If you need some more replacements:

I am ready to replace any dropout beginning Monday 17th. The reason for the delay is, as I stated earlier, that I won't have Internet access in the period 12th-16th.
In the unlikely case that there are two person to replace simultaneously, I would prefer the Cthulhu game

Flame_AC

I have been catching up with the Danganronpa thread (Never even heard of that franchise before). If you need some more replacements:

I am ready to replace any dropout beginning Monday 17th. The reason for the delay is, as I stated earlier, that I won't have Internet access in the period 12th-16th.
In the unlikely case that there are two person to replace simultaneously, I would prefer the Cthulhu game

Of course people want to join the Cthulu game more, y'all want to mess up our reads with new people.

Hagi

lol Crab i feel for you, I really do.

Day 2 has made me think getting killed first wasn't such a bad thing after all.

Fireblend

Banned
Of course people want to join the Cthulhu thread. What's not to like about our idyllic island commune where civility and rational discourse reign? Let me introduce you to Sorian, a shy cohabitant who's managed to overcome his crippling social anxiety issues and now makes his opinions known on occasion, or Blarg, the island elder that we trust unconditionally and go to in times of need.

<3

Top Bottom