• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes Reborn coming in 2015!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigress

Heh, me and my BF just finished watching Heros on Netflix. I guess we are in minority opinion that we enjoyed all of it. Even if it did have a few holes in the plot. It was still entertaining and interesting at least in our opinion (though yes, even I caught some holes in the plot and I'm pretty good at suspending disbelief in general).

Alastor3

Their long term vision was to do a new storyline with new heroes every season., And likely sprinkled with Cameos of fan favourites like they are doing in Reborn.

When you watch S2 it's really obvious that a lot S1 cast were basically shoved in storylines originally written for other characters. (Claire's healing blood, Sylar's missing powers, Nikki and Micah visiting family in New Orleans etc...)

wow that make a lot of sense!

RulkezX

So how's this linked to the OS ?

I was interested but dropped the OS early S3 , but I saw a lot of old characters there. Do I need to finish the original series ?

During the Nerd HQ panel, someone asked if they should watch the original series before watching this, and Tim Kring said "Watch the first season to see how it started, and then skip to the end to see where it ended." He insisted he didn't mean it like it sounded, but everyone on the panel and in the crowd knew the advice was accurate.

SRG01

During the Nerd HQ panel, someone asked if they should watch the original series before watching this, and Tim Kring said "Watch the first season to see how it started, and then skip to the end to see where it ended." He insisted he didn't mean it like it sounded, but everyone on the panel and in the crowd knew the advice was accurate.

So he acknowledges that the show was terrible?

Actually, here's a better question: how much control did Tim Kring have over his own show, or was it Loeb that pulled most of the strings?

Laieon

I loved Heroes, even if it did become pretty cheesy after the first season. Can't wait for this!

Without Sylar (mainly) or Peter how good can this be?

Considering the writers changed their minds every 5 minutes on whether or not Sylar was a good guy or a bad guy, it's probably for the best. Sylar was lame.

TVexperto

Never forget....

tumblr_mv1pq8Cjdb1sx2peuo9_400.gif

they always teased fights but never showed them hope they do it differently this time around.

Oh I absolutely agree where Heroes was concerned, the problems there were way too numerous for the strike to be the main cause of death, but it certainly didn't help.

I don't think we'll see another strike like that for a long, long time - Matt Stone and Trey Parker summed it up well when they talked about a post-strike party being full of Guild members just milling around, kind of pissed off that they'd been talked into something completely pointless. Until the majority of the writers burned by that strike are out of the picture I don't see it happening again any time soon.

Is there a place that explains the why's and who's about the strike? Like, in terms that someone who isn't surrounded by Hollywood can read?

Up until a couple years ago I completely forgot that Heroes was on for four seasons, might've been one part the shortened second season coupled with just how forgettable season three was. I think that in someways they would've been much better off if they had killed, at the very least, Peter, Sylar and Nathan and kept them dead.

WarMacheen

Just watched the new trailer shown during Ninja Warrior. Gotta say, it looks better than the first one, but that may be nostalgia talking because several of the original members return. Either way, I'm hyped

Hiro Nakamura is back and so is HRG!!!

Sibylus

Banned
If Peter and Nathan had stayed dead as well, then there would have been no need to bring back Sylar.
Agreed. All three characters had a fantastic ending.

... and then they couldn't commit to it. A large part of why I choose to act as if any seasons after 1 don't exist.

Okay, that wasn't bad. I'd rather have fewer returning characters and more of an original cast, but I can understand why they did this. It'd be pretty cool if Micah led a new generation of younger heroes. Although the idea of humans turning against 'supers' like this seems really played out recently, with the MCU, BvS and now Heroes.

Also, as a side note for anyone who's seen Misfits - the character in that trailer who jumps off the roof @ 2:02 looks a lot like Super-Hoodie from series 2. Also, as a side note, I dislike it a little how it's the Asian girl who picks up the sword. It's a bit cliche. Why can't it be a black girl who also practices martial arts? Lastly, I do love that soundtrack with the strange rasping echo sound. No idea how to describe it. In the trailer at 2:48.

I'll probably end up watching this if it televises in the UK. Always felt like the show was inches from greatness, but silly things (annoying characters, bad writing) prevented it.

The show was killed by the writers strike that happened back then.

Yes and no. I think the Heroes mythos of blaming the writers' strike is overblown, when it was the show's own general incompetence that killed it. Then again, it was supposed to be an anthology show before anthology shows were back in vogue, so it was a true anthology show with a central universe, who knows?

Heroes was already going way down the wrong path before the writers strike hit. Keeping Nathan and Sylar around after the season 1 finale was a mistake they kept making over and over again throughout the series, and it started before the writer's strike.

The first 6 or 8 episodes of season 2 were already terrible before the writer's strike happened. The pacing was really off and the stuff happening in Feudal Japan just wasn't all that interesting.

The completionist in me would have to finish Heroes season 4 before I watch Reborn, and that seems like a non-starter?

It's pretty much on a par with season 3. Worth watching if you really like it, but I personally feel S3 pt. 2 'Villains' is the best aside from season 1.

Yeah, it was very much a typical web series based on a tv show. Quite Eh.

I did notice all the Micah footage from the trailer was from the web series.

Yeah, it didn't do much to build any hype for the show. Fell completely flat.

Their youtube links are dead.

Oops, try these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9syPaNcTXI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCb7p1SnlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvmf3uDgU8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EP9JAWYzI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYjzAs5_Xs8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d28M8L5dqG0

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thanks for the links. Will watch later.

In other news,

Heroes Reborn takes place five years after the original series and takes its cue right from Claire’s big reveal that she’s a human full of super-talents. In X-Men-like fashion, now all the heroes with superpowers are out and are poised to be exploited by the government. (character fate spoiler)
Claire, however, is dead in the new series.

Source

Holy shit, I wonder if that will ever be explained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom