• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5’s Western release to include all Japanese DLC

Seda

Got this release. I know some people were wondering about the price

LOS ANGELES -- Aug. 25, 2015 -- Yakuza 5, one of the most requested titles to be localized in PlayStation's #Buildingthelist campaign, can now be pre-ordered digitally on PlayStation Network in the Americas. The open-world action adventure game published by SEGA puts players in the roles of 5 interconnected protagonists as they explore the seedy underworld of Japan. Originally released in Japan in 2012 but making its Western debut later this year, players in the Americas can now pre-order the game. Full details below.

Gamers who pre-order the game can purchase it at a 15% discount off the $39.99 launch price. As an added pre-order bonus, players will also receive a static Yakuza 5 theme for their PlayStation 3.

Yakuza 5 features more mini-games than previous titles, a modified battle system as well as enhanced customizations and interactions in the signature hostess bars of the franchise. In addition to these features, Yakuza 5 also introduces "Another Drama" which is a series of side stories that focus on each protagonist in-depth and are separate from the main story of the game. Yakuza 5 will launch later this year. For more information about the game, please visit www.yakuza.sega.com

dugdug

Banned
Got this release. I know some people were wondering about the price

Nice to get that 15% off. That might pull in some impulse purchases. Still think it'll struggle that high.

Regardless, I absolutely cannot wait. It's been a long time coming.

SephLuis

$40 is a great price for the insane amount of content this has.
I will try to get this Day 1, I love this series, but currently I am short on cash =/

Percy

Banned
Sounds good but this really should have released earlier in the year. Digital only/PS3 only during gaming's 'busy period' is going to be the death of this game.

It melts my brain that Sega are bringing an unpopular series to a very niche audience in any form and people throw their toys out of their pram that it's not a physical release.

Morons. If you don't buy this, you'll never play another Yakuza game.

It melts my brain that Sega are bringing an unpopular series to a very niche audience in any form and people throw their toys out of their pram that it's not a physical release.

Same here, especially since most of them only seem to want a physical copy so they can put a plastic box with a printed cover next to their other plastic boxes...

Morons. If you don't buy this, you'll never play another Yakuza game.

This.

Buy a second, useless copy of the game just to have it physical?

No. That is not a valid solution.

I don't know if you guys understand but there would be not be a Yakuza 5 for you to play in first place if it didn't come out digital. That is the reality of the matter, I honestly can't believe people can't grasp that.

Either have a second 'useless' copy or don't have a copy at all, the choice is simple for me and I can't believe its not as easy for others.

Yawnier

Banned
I have zero problem paying ~$34 or so for this with all that content it will have.

I put 60 hours or so into Yakuza 4 and got my moneys worth there, easily.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I don't know if you guys understand but there would be not be a Yakuza 5 for you to play in first place if it didn't come out digital. That is the reality of the matter, I honestly can't believe people can't grasp that.

Either have a second 'useless' copy or don't have a copy at all, the choice is simple for me and I can't believe its not as easy for others.

I'm buying it either way; I'm just saying that buying a Japanese copy to have a physical disc of some sort is a non-solution.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
If I was a gambling man, I'd put my money on $39.99. Yes, this is a last-gen digital only release, but it is still a massive game which SONY knows was heavily requested. $49.99 seems possible, and I'm sure there are lots of people who would be happy to pay as much (myself included), but I'd be a bit surprised.

good reads

Same here, especially since most of them only seem to want a physical copy so they can put a plastic box with a printed cover next to their other plastic boxes...

Actually many of us prefer physical because we like to actualy own the games we pay money for. PSN will not host these games forever. I still play some PS1 games I bought, in 20 years I doubt Y5 will be there for me.

elhav

giphy.gif

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I just checked Amazon. Yakuza 2 is crazy expensive. Wtf.

I got mine for about $60 on eBay a few months ago. Just gotta keep an eye out. It came out when the PS2 was on its death bed so it went under the radar, got expensive gradually. It's considered by many to be the best game in the franchise, although I wonder how people will feel after 5.

The pre-order just went up on the canadian PSN Store: $33.99. Says "The game is expected to be released in 127 days, on 30/12/2015". I hope is a placeholder...

I bought Yakuza 4 last time it was in discount, but my problem with it it was that... it was no Sleeping Dogs.

I liked Sleeping Dogs so much that I instantly compared the both of them, especially in gameplay. And I simply couldn't.
I loved the open world and the whole atmosphere of the game, being able to ride a car in the rain and the overworld. I loved buying food around the city, the market at the beginning of the game, and everything. I really felt I was in Hong Kong.

Yakuza 4 felt way too closed and lifeless to me. I even watched the reminiscence of the previous games, and became really excited to start after watching them. But I couldn't get into it.

mrmickfran

I got mine for about $60 on eBay a few months ago. Just gotta keep an eye out. It came out when the PS2 was on its death bed so it went under the radar, got expensive gradually. It's considered by many to be the best game in the franchise, although I wonder how people will feel after 5.
That's freaking crazy. I'll just try my luck with pawn shops. They never let me down.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Come on Sega, just let us know that lovely release date now. Come on now, stop tickling my balls. Get on with it.

Top Bottom