• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference 2015 dated for September 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So on a scale from "never going to happen" to "I should just kill myself now" how likely is it that we'll get a Parappa 3 announcement from this?

Why a parappa 3? When was parappa 2? This isn't like Shenmue where every 20-30 year olds would remember parappa :V
Now if you want a reboot it could happen, but that would require Japan to give a crap about Parappa.

Camjo-Z

Why a parappa 3? When was parappa 2? This isn't like Shenmue where every 20-30 year olds would remember parappa :V
Now if you want a reboot it could happen, but that would require Japan to give a crap about Parappa.

PaRappa_the_Rapper_2_Coverart.png

I'd say the series is probably better known than Shenmue, it just doesn't have as many diehard fans.

Really, it's just baffling to me that a company that throws tons of cash towards moneyhatting random indie games can't be bothered to spend a little on a colorful, appealing series like PaRappa, not to mention Matsuura/NanaOn-Sha/Greenblat have all said multiple times that they're up for making a new one. What's it going to take!?

Snakeyes

I'd say the series is probably better known than Shenmue, it just doesn't have as many diehard fans.

Really, it's just baffling to me that a company that throws tons of cash towards moneyhatting random indie games can't be bothered to spend a little on a colorful, appealing series like PaRappa, not to mention Matsuura/NanaOn-Sha/Greenblat have all said multiple times that they're up for making a new one. What's it going to take!?

Are you sure that edgy anthropomorphic mascots not named Sonic still have appeal in today's market?

Shabad

They don't really do that much though. And even when they do, I highly doubt the sums involved could ever be considered as a "ton of cash"

Camjo-Z

They don't really do that much though. And even when they do, I highly doubt the sums involved could ever be considered as a "ton of cash"

Likewise, I can't imagine a game about 2D characters running around a badly modeled 3D world can be that much of an investment. There's no excuse I tell you, no excuse!

If we want colorful mascots back give me my ape escape 4!! Spike make you're return!!

I'm afraid to ask for Ape Escape 4, they'll probably keep it in Japan like they have with the last few worthwhile games in the series.

Likewise, I can't imagine a game about 2D characters running around a badly modeled 3D world can be that much of an investment. There's no excuse I tell you, no excuse!

I'm afraid to ask for Ape Escape 4, they'll probably keep it in Japan like they have with the last few worthwhile games in the series.
Fair enough but id take a hd collection at least gauge some interest.

IMHO any new games they have should be within th $15-20 price range, max. $30

You want to devalue a game just because it's colourful/aimed at a younger audience? That doesn't seem fair. Sony's already getting behind that practice by releasing the likes of Puppeteer, Tearaway and Ratchet & Crank at $40, and while it's good for the consumer in a way, I don't like the kind of precedent it sets.

Loudninja

You want to devalue a game just because it's colourful/aimed at a younger audience? That doesn't seem fair. Sony's already getting behind that practice by releasing the likes of Puppeteer, Tearaway and Ratchet & Crank at $40, and while it's good for the consumer in a way, I don't like the kind of precedent it sets.
Ehh that's is not what they are doing here.

2 of those are remakes.

Ehh that's is not what they are doing here.

2 of those are remakes.

Was talking about the original Vita Tearaway there. R&C is a remake sure, but look at those production values. It is a seriously impressive looking game with a costly-looking budget behind it, and if it were any other genre than a platformer it'd be priced at $60.

Ape Eacape is dead guys.
Let it go

I really want Ape Escape 4 :(

You can't tell somebody to "let it go" in the advent of the E3 of Dreams. It just doesn't work that way.

Tizoc

FYI I'm the guy who wants a new 2D Sonic game ala the original Genesis series and that it's best price point is $15-30.
In the case of the 2D Sonic game it's cuz the original 3 games can be beaten within 1-3 hours depending on the game and memorization of the levels.

I'd love a new Klonoa game, be it like the 2D GBA games or other, but $60 may turn a lot of people away, hell you'd have threads on GAF criticizing the friggin' price point.
Personally, they could sell such a game for $60 and I'd still buy it day 1, double dip if it's on PC+PS4 even for example.

Boke1879

Sly 4 was $40 also.

At some point though. You have to look at value. Not saying the New Ratchet or Sly4 aren't worth it, but I'm much more likely to jump in on that type of game at $40 rather than $60.

And I'm sure the budget of those games are relative to the price.

Sure they could sell the new Ratchet for $60 and then drop the price less than a month from it's release because those "premium" sales have stopped. But by that point you probably won't rope in too many other people because when they first saw the game they figured the price was too high and moved on from it.

They sell it at $40 and hopefully get more people in on day one and see sales stay consistent for much longer.

Here is what I predict we will see at the Sony conference

*Bloodborne Expansion announcement with a release date. It is likely going to be a standalone expansion like First Light, Left Behind and Killzone Intercept. (SCEJ Project 1)

*Level-5 x SCEJ collaboration. Either Ni No Kuni 2 or a new IP. (SCEJ Project 2)

*New Yakuza game, exclusive to the PS4.

*Danganronpa 3 for the Vita.

*Gravity Rush Remastered for PS4. Gravity Rush 2 for the PS4/Vita. (SCEJ Project 3)

*The Last Guardian trailer. Maybe a release window of Fall 2016. (SCEJ Project 4)

*Various gameplay trailers of upcoming PS4 games from Japanese developers featuring Attack on Titan, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Hatsune Miku, Dark Souls 3, Star Ocean: integrity and Faithlessness and more.

*New SCEJ project from the team behind Knack. (SCEJ Project 5)

*New character reveal for Street Fighter V.

*Namco Bandai x CC2 project for PS3/PS4.

Of course, there might be a lot more surprises but I don't think we will see the AAA JRPG project from SCEJ this TGS.

I really, really hope Gundam makes it to the console in some form. I'm repeating myself, but it'd be a godsend if that game gets put on systems rather than just arcade releases.

It's a huge hit in Japan. Like, one of the most popular arcade games, and I think the most played fighting game in arcade there. The 2v2 battle system is sort of weird to get used to at first, but once you do, man is that game fun.

Anyway, games like that would boost sale for the console, because while people frequent the arcades, getting in some home practice would be just as amazing.

If titles like that keep getting put on the PS4 within a timely manner - ones where the Japanese community is still ingrained in them or has a chance to be, like the Attack on Titan game from Koei Temco - then the PS4 is going to make up for its slow start.

Just like The Last Guardian was a PS3 title pre-E3.
The comparison that you are making here doesn't even make any sense. TLG had technical issues/limitations on PS3 and hence was shifted to PS4. It was common sense to assume it was on PS4. Just like FF Versus XIII was once announced for PS3.

Gravity Rush 2 is a different story. Unless they are going for a high budget sequel (and they won't), I don't see why it won't be a cross-platform release, and will be much cheaper to develop anyways.

Flandy

Mind explaining what is to let go here?

The game has never been announced for PS4, only for the Vita. PS4 is getting the Remastered Gravity Rush but it doesn't mean Vita won't get the sequel.

I was under the impression it wasn't announced on any specific platform?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mind explaining what is to let go here?

The game has never been announced for PS4, only for the Vita. PS4 is getting the Remastered Gravity Rush but it doesn't mean Vita won't get the sequel.

Yeah but if we want to talk viability outside of Japan it has to be on PS4 at this point.

Bousf

Level 5 alone keeps my hype at a decent level for the SCEJA conference, we've been waiting since November 2014 when word first showed up! Here's hoping they realise their PS2 titles are GOLDEN REMASTER MATERIAL

I don't know why but I have a good feeling about the event, I am definitely watching live.

The Last Guardian is bound to show at the presser too, and despite the XV team having their ATR on the 19th, they may show DAWN extended at the presser as well. Same goes for Persona 5. That along with Danganronpa 3 takes my hype to Heaven.

Not expecting announcements like FFXIIHD at the conference though, probably at any point throughout TGS.

A day and a half to go, I AM READY :D

I was under the impression it wasn't announced on any specific platform?
I think the original trailer description listed Vita. I am not sure though.

Yeah but if we want to talk viability outside of Japan it has to be on PS4 at this point.
Of course, but making it exclusive won't make any sense and will only cut into the sales. There are still a lot of cross-gen games getting developed in Japan.

ZarKryn7

I remember Shawn Layden talking about Parrappa 3. He said he would love to do another one but he said something about not being easy tackling down issues when comes to the music composing of the game. Something about legal battles and what not. I should probably find that article.

Jigorath

Banned

Sony has green-lit revivals of Shadow of the Beast and Hardware Rivals, as well as Sly Cooper a few years back. Bringing back Parappa doesn't seem that crazy, especially since rhythm games are still popular in Japan. I think if a team has a solid pitch for the project, it could get the greenlight.

Flandy

I think the original trailer description listed Vita. I am not sure though.

Of course, but making it exclusive won't make any sense and will only cut into the sales. There are still a lot of cross-gen games getting developed in Japan.
Had no idea. I never watched the trailer cause I didn't want to get hype so early :p I'll pick up the PS4 version along with the Remaster if those happen. Look forward to getting the Platinum again

Tizoc

Level 5 alone keeps my hype at a decent level for the SCEJA conference, we've been waiting since November 2014 when word first showed up! Here's hoping they realise their PS2 titles are GOLDEN REMASTER MATERIAL
Seriously HD remaster your PS2 titles and put them on PS4 and Steam and see all that money rolling in.
I mean it's never gonna be as much as Youkai Watch but offer a way of preserving them like this.

sn00zer

That'd be pretty neat indeed! We didn't get a home or portable Hot Shots Tennis game for some time now, so I would welcome that merger! As long as neither part of the game suffer from it of course.

Considering the golf mechanics have been EXACTLY the same since Hot Shots 3, I have a hard time imagining they could screw it up

ZarKryn7

klee123

Here is what I predict we will see at the Sony conference

*Bloodborne Expansion announcement with a release date. It is likely going to be a standalone expansion like First Light, Left Behind and Killzone Intercept. (SCEJ Project 1)

I highly doubt this will be the case. The Dark Souls 1 and 2's dlc added new areas to the existing game and considering the progressive nature of BB, having it as a stand alone game wouldn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom