• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. Community Thread: "Dungeons? Yeah we got Dungeons."

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Forgot if had mentioned that there does not seem to be any sort of event for Ray Gigant's release planned. Too bad as would have been cool if there was a signing session with the games artist.

Then again the other titles they have released I dont recall had anything like that. Though the small art show that they had done had Kurosawa Tetsu present as one of the artists who would sign things that those who attended brought. Really wish I could have attended that event as the prints they had looked fantastic.

pronk420

still no news on stranger of sword city? how likely is it they will translate it?

I'm tempted to import but I'm guessing it would be near impossible to play in Japanese without a guide of some sort?

Parakeetman

still no news on stranger of sword city? how likely is it they will translate it?

I'm tempted to import but I'm guessing it would be near impossible to play in Japanese without a guide of some sort?

Id like to imagine NISA has it. The only question is when will they announce it. We all generally thought that AX was going to be the announcement since it said 2016 titles, but nothing came of that. So next question is will they try for Gamescom or TGS, but would be kinda crazy with all the other announcements flying around. So their best window for an announcement with little to no "noise" around was wasted. The only other thing I can think of is that Op Abyss did not do as well as they had imagine therefore they want to try and squeeze out a few more sales before announcing a game that would basically kill any further sales for a while as people will hold off for SoSC instead. Thats just my own view of a potential situation and of course dont take it as gospel, since I cant really think fo any other potential reason as why the whole AX announcement event in general was skunked.

Considering I doubt there are a lot of English guides would suggest against importing it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm currently playing demon gaze and i'm liking it, i just think to have exploited it with my combination! XD
I mean i read that Astarte is really hated, but once i read that demons block the enemy gaze it was a piece of cake for me, and even all the successive bosses!

What i use 99% of the time is:

Gazer: slash 2(always)

Paladin: Devotion(against boss), Slash 1(when there's more than 1 enemy), that paladin ability that makes her hit hard with 0 defense(when there's one enemy)

Samurai: slash 2(when there's more than one enemy), the ability that makes her hit hard with less hit(when there's one enemy)

Healer: that ability that protect everyone(always), various heals depending on the situation(usually only against a boss), the one that protect effects and those that protect from enemy(only against bosses)

Wizard: Wizard bolt(always), fast cast(for using twice the strongest magic attack, only against boss + enemies), slow(only against a boss), rarely i use elemental spells.

As you can see almost everything don't use mana, so it's all free and i can use as much as i want XD.
Also i cast all the force something spells at the beginning of the dungeon, and a not equipped healing staff used as an unlimited item makes all the healing items and equipment with hp+ futile during exploration.

MrDoctor

Id like to imagine NISA has it. The only question is when will they announce it. We all generally thought that AX was going to be the announcement since it said 2016 titles, but nothing came of that. So next question is will they try for Gamescom or TGS, but would be kinda crazy with all the other announcements flying around. So their best window for an announcement with little to no "noise" around was wasted. The only other thing I can think of is that Op Abyss did not do as well as they had imagine therefore they want to try and squeeze out a few more sales before announcing a game that would basically kill any further sales for a while as people will hold off for SoSC instead.

Considering I doubt there are a lot of English guides would suggest against importing it.
Is Vita the best version of Stranger? If it isn't mentioned in NISA's 2016 lineup I'll probably just import.

Parakeetman

Is Vita the best version of Stranger? If it isn't mentioned in NISA's 2016 lineup I'll probably just import.

Its just a slightly different version as the PC / X360 versions have some different bosses. But asides from that its basically the same story wise.

So its more about what platform would like to play it on.

Its not really a big change so dont worry about it overall. Easiest solution though is yes the Vita as no headaches with installing or region locking. Which the JP 360 version of SoSC has as Ive tested it on my US 360.

-------

Ray Gigant Famitsu scores for those interested, even though we generally ignore famitsu when it comes to scoring things lol

Ray Gigant (PSV) – 8/8/8/7 [31/40]

Dorarnae

some of the change are artwork for some monster. but other than that, it's mostly post game stuff, vita version had more unique items, unless the pc version had a patch that added that?

Parakeetman

KDeq3Tj.jpg

OT should be up later in the evening. Its not like there will be all that many who are importing anyways so no real rush lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama

Stream going on of the game also. As expected the game has some fantastic music.

had no idea what to expect with that title, but im glad i gave it a try anyhow, Ray Gigant is so very appealing to me. I hope it ends up localized.

Parakeetman

had no idea what to expect with that title, but im glad i gave it a try anyhow, Ray Gigant is so very appealing to me. I hope it ends up localized.

Hopefully Bandai Namco will bring it over, considering they invested in a DRPG after seeing how Demon Gaze did, so we can imagine they wanted a piece of that pie with their own title. With how in general they are a lot more progressive with localizing titles too, hopefully will see overseas.

Though as mentioned before my main concern point with the title is the 3 licensed songs that are used for the main characters. As things like music usually cause issues with licensing at times. But asides from that the rest of the content should not really cause any snags apart from Bandai Namco just not wanting to do it themselves, which would mean a company like NISA would have to step up to bat instead. Similar to what NISA did for Toki Towa which was originally a Bandai Namco title in Japan.

Prelude.

I don't think licensed songs are that big of an issue looking at the localized J-Stars where they just removed them.

Still, I'd rather have the game from NISA than deal with the likely Bamco bullshit, honestly.

Parakeetman

I don't think licensed songs are that big of an issue looking at the localized J-Stars where they just removed them.

Still, I'd rather have the game from NISA than deal with the likely Bamco bullshit, honestly.

If I thought it was as simple as just removing them, I wouldnt be concerned in the first place.

---

Separate note the digital OST that comes with first print editions of the game will be able to be downloaded to the PC it seems. Was clarified recently.

Prelude.

If I thought it was as simple as just removing them, I wouldnt be concerned in the first place.
Well, I mean, unless they're considered somehow crucial to the game it shouldn't be that much of a problem since this is entirely a game from Bamco so I guess they can do pretty much what they want with it.

Parakeetman

Interesting a 5 minute blackout just happened, so there goes the OT data lol as was inputting it into GAF.

Only thing that got saved was just the small bit of the beginning. Thank god this one for RG does not have all that much images so formatting is not an issue. Just rewriting out all this stuff again will take a bit of time.

Murphys Law strikes yet again. Stupid thing too was a little voice in my head had said you better save that shit, before i went to grab a beer and sat down then the black out happened. At least I got to drink beer in the dark for 5 minutes.

My avatar reflects my current state of mind in regards the recent incident.

Mozendo

Does anyone know where to get the Stranger of Sword City soundtrack? I can't find it on any of the popular import sites and there's only one ebay listing for $60 which is just too much.

Parakeetman

Parakeetman

Fairly low sales numbers for Ray Gigants opening week.

09./00. [PSV] Ray Gigant <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.07.30} (¥6.664) - 8.673 / NEW

So thats around 345k USD in sales. Going by the general number that the game would be selling for around 5,000 JPY per copy.

Amazon and places like Amiami must have had real low orders of the title, for the numbers to be under 10k even though they sold out. Amiami in general always seems to have low stock, but was expecting a bit more from Amazon.

Wonder what digital sales were like.

Was expecting something in at least the 15-20k range. But apparently this most def is the cause of a lot of fence sitters, which is understandable considering while the whole dungeon navigation is in the first person view, everything else is pretty different from the usual DRPG formula which is what makes up the majority of the Exp Inc fans in Japan. So am sure lots of people were sitting around waiting to see what others would say.

Dorarnae

been listening to the Ray Gigant ost quite a bit. I like it but I prefer War on Xblood and couple song from student of round/stranger of sword city. nice to see what they tried with that title. wonder how it'll be with their futur title.

Parakeetman

been listening to the Ray Gigant ost quite a bit. I like it but I prefer War on Xblood and couple song from student of round/stranger of sword city. nice to see what they tried with that title. wonder how it'll be with their futur title.

Id imagine they will go back to the traditional design for gameplay with their DRPGs. Though they have expressed interest in doing other genres. So will have to see how that turns out. One title that had talked about earlier in the thread is Chikami-san was saying that he personally is interested in the next Students of Round game being an SRPG. Still no idea what will actually with the title itself though. Also when they do the online live stream broadcasts they do Q & A sessions and also ask the fans with what type of genres are they interested in. Which SRPG was one of the higher rated choices besides the usual DRPG stuff.

Back to the topic of the Ray Gigant soundtrack, one thing for sure is it is one of the most varied soundtracks that Naoaki Jimbo has done for Exp Inc. Was quite impressed by it.

I wonder if they will ever do another soundtrack collection, though seeing how their games now are under different publishers also, dont think thats going to happen again unfortunately. D: Split between Kadokawa, MAGES, Bandai Namco, MS also Id imagine once they do their Xbox One projects, which they were saying would be a XBO exclusive.

Dorarnae

I wonder if they will ever do another soundtrack collection, though seeing how their games now are under different publishers also, dont think thats going to happen again unfortunately. D: Split between Kadokawa, MAGES, Bandai Namco, MS also Id imagine once they do their Xbox One projects, which they were saying would be a XBO exclusive.

that would be nice. there's a few new song with some of the remake they did that are nice and are not on the 2011? box.
would also give the opportunity to people who missed on the first sound box, hehe :)

Parakeetman

that would be nice. there's a few new song with some of the remake they did that are nice and are not on the 2011? box.
would also give the opportunity to people who missed on the first sound box, hehe :)

Yeah I think I had bugged Chikami-san about that and he said no plans to currently do another. D: Still cant find a used copy either.

CrovaxPSO

I wish the song during
that last SBM for the final boss
was longer on the soundtrack since I thought that was pretty cool.

Parakeetman

In regards to them making titles for the Xbox One while they realize that it will be difficult domestically with the general situation of the market they still would like to produce games for the system with MS support.

2 titles for the XBO are currently in production one being the following below.

New version of Stranger of Sword City is one of the titles. One of the large changes will be the artwork is being completely redone by one of the regular artists oxijiyen. Release schedule is 2016 Jan-March window in Japan

Also they would like to have the new XBO version localized for the West. They did not mention if the original artwork could be used or not. Right now its sounding like not.

The other is the Students of Round 2 (title pending) I do believe. Though they still are not sure on the genre, but SRPG is one of the largest "wants" with the design.

Also no comment on the Vita localization of Stranger of Sword City is what Chikami-san said. Unable to say Yes or No.

dkoy

Interesting. Did he say why they decided to support the XBO despite the clear difficulties? I wonder if his no comment on SoSC vita is because they can't find a publisher. Or maybe it's because of OA's mediocre sales :(

cj_iwakura

Interesting. Did he say why they decided to support the XBO despite the clear difficulties? I wonder if his no comment on SoSC vita is because they can't find a publisher. Or maybe it's because of OA's mediocre sales :(

NISA would be out of their damn minds if they didn't localize SoSC.

Parakeetman

Basically its to give support to MS who has supported them in the past with their other titles. Also they feel that supporting the new system in Japan

Am sure its not because there is no publisher as that was the most wanted title once images and info started to hit the net. And they mentioned that multiple publishers were interested in the title.

Do not think OAs sales had anything to do with it either, as its a totally different title outside of being a DRPG.

Outside of that there is not really much more information to go around that is public knowledge.

If I hear anything else that they announce to the public will add it in here, in regards to the project.

cj_iwakura

Basically its to give support to MS who has supported them in the past with their other titles. Also they feel that supporting the new system in Japan

Am sure its not because there is no publisher as that was the most wanted title once images and info started to hit the net. And they mentioned that multiple publishers were interested in the title.

Do not think OAs sales had anything to do with it either, as its a totally different title outside of being a DRPG.

Outside of that there is not really much more information to go around that is public knowledge.

If I hear anything else that they announce to the public will add it in here, in regards to the project.

Just don't fall into the habit of only posting it in here, you'll get more people in the know by making threads about it.

Parakeetman

Oh yeah considering the game is slated for early next year, perhaps in the upcoming months we will see something about it in Famitsu / Dengeki or one of the online gaming news sites that usually does stuff for Exp Inc.

I had asked Chikami-san if they were going to be at TGS on 2 separate occasions and he said nothing is planned for this year, so do not think they are showing off anything. At least not them directly. And we know MS is not going to have a strong presence at TGS so that kinda rules them out for having something there one would imagine.

Parakeetman

More info on the XBO SoSC. Nothing too major though. Still trying to find where the comment about the both artwork existing in the game is though. As in a new report that seemed to have gone out. As do not remember that being in the interview video, which am rewatching over at the moment.

Did not see anything on it from official tweets also that had just did a pass over.

To all those concerned with the artwork.

http://www.purexbox.com/news/2015/0...usive_rpgs_-_both_headed_for_worldwide_launch

You will be able to use the original art style in-game, if you prefer.

In regards to the games new artwork, just as I thought there has not been any official announcement on that yet. So whoever did that Xbox article must have misunderstood something from the stream itself. Where there was one section that Im guessing is where they got the idea from.

Though with how some of their other titles have settings for original / "other" graphics settings, would imagine that they would do the same for this title. As they do know the positive praise the title had gotten for the original artwork by Tsukamoto Yoko cant see them putting it to waste by not having it included.

------

Some official updates

One&#29256;&#12288;&#21091;&#12398;&#34903;&#12398;&#30064;&#37030;&#20154;&#12399;&#28023;&#22806;&#29256;&#12418;&#21516;&#26178;&#12395;&#30330;&#22770;&#20104;&#23450;&#65281;
The XBO version of SoSC will have a simultaneous release with the West.

&#22768;&#12399;&#21516;&#12376;&#12391;&#12377;&#12290;
Voices will be the same.

&#20170;&#36913;&#12398;&#25918;&#36865;&#12399;one&#12398;&#12362;&#35441;&#12384;&#12387;&#12383;&#12398;&#12391;&#12289;&#26469;&#36913;&#12399;vita&#12398;&#12362;&#35441;&#12391;&#12377;&#12290;
This weeks broadcast was talking about the Xbox One, next week will be the Vita

(Do not mistake this for talk about localization of the Vita ver of SoSC and expect it to be more focus on whats in store for the future along with Demon Gaze 2 which is the larger upcoming title on the platform)

&#25918;&#36865;&#12391;&#12418;&#35328;&#12356;&#12414;&#12375;&#12383;&#12364;&#12289;360/vita/&#65360;&#65347;&#29256;&#12398;&#21091;&#12398;&#34903;&#12398;&#30064;&#37030;&#20154;&#12434;&#36938;&#12400;&#12428;&#12390;&#12427;&#26041;&#12399;&#28961;&#29702;&#12395;&#36938;&#12406;&#24517;&#35201;&#12399;&#12394;&#12356;&#12392;&#24605;&#12387;&#12390;&#12414;&#12377;&#12290;
For those who have played the 360/vita/pc version there is no real reason to play this one.

(So what this could be taken as is that there will be no real major changes besides the obvious which is the new art styles that can be selected for those who wish.)

Parakeetman

Some other updates.

The Stranger of Sword City will be getting novelized in Japan.

Think had mentioned this before but there is talk about Stranger of Sword City Ver. 1.5. Still waiting on the details about that if its discussed.

Also as folks may know the Ray Gigant title update is out. The ending & last boss for the 2nd play through, so with that being said need to play through it again lol. There is also an invincible mode for those who just want to blast through the game to see the new content. Also the sale for Ray Gigant lasts only till the end of this month so the 30th Japan time.

On a side note the Inti Creates president is pretty cool, dude apparently also was a hardcore DRPGer lol. In FF11 he apparently didnt bother getting any maps and just mapped things himself on paper since he likes mapping in games which is cool. I think I could get along well with this guy hearing the other stuff he talking about haha

Parakeetman

Granted I imagine here at GAF we do not have many who have a JP PS+ account, but for those who do and are fans of Exp Inc titles, starting from today 10/07 and running till 11/03 [Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate] is part of this months free play title.

Game has a pretty good amount of end game contents also which has bosses that are far more challenging than what was available in the remakes Abyss & Babel.

If you have a JPS+ account and have not tried it out yet, do suggest giving it a go.

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/1687/20151006-psplus.html

Parakeetman

while this isnt surprising general breakdown for SoSC with users is

Free demo 2% *this might be unaccounted for. not free demo
X360 16%
Win 19%
PSV 63%

and about 70% of users have played for more than 30 hours.

info from the exp channel livestream.

phone is being shit so connection keeps dropping out though. (&#12494;-_-)&#12494;~&#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

tonight the VA of kaito? i think is on the show as the guest so lots of talk about abyss, babel and crossblood. connection is making me miss out on stuff tho.

dkoy

while this isnt surprising general breakdown for SoSC with users is

Free demo 2%
X360 16%
Win 19%
PSV 63%

and about 70% of users have played for more than 30 hours.

info from the exp channel livestream.

phone is being shit so connection keeps dropping out though. (&#12494;-_-)&#12494;~&#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

I forgot that it was released on windows. Looks like SoSC is reaching its target audience. That's quite a high percentage of people with a significant amount of game time.

Parakeetman

I forgot that it was released on windows. Looks like SoSC is reaching its target audience. That's quite a high percentage of people with a significant amount of game time.

from the start it seemed like lots of folks were waiting for the vita ver so they skipped the 360 and pc versions. do remember reading a lot of jp comments like that, the numbers kinda solidify that lol

so generally was the hardcore fans that picked it up. also next reason why folks got the 360 ond pc one included the 2 disc soundtrack as a bonus. the vita ver did not have that. or a LE for that matter.

think the 360 ver ran out kinda fast. pc version was around for a little while, though dont think there are any more first print eds available

i think the standard pc version package is different am not sure what it looks like actually. the first print ones came in a pretty nice box.

Prelude.

Let's see if they're gonna consider that for the western release or just ignore it because Xbone exclusive something something.

Wereroku

Let's see if they're gonna consider that for the western release or just ignore it because Xbone exclusive something something.

I am sure it will get released in the west but I am afraid the sales are going to be horrible on XBO. Who knows though maybe they will hit their audience.

The game will do horribly there no doubt, but I was talking about the Vita version.

That's tricky. I would have assumed the Vita version would release here but I don't know if there are any restriction in the agreements with Microsoft for the XBO edition that might affect it. With the script being that same one english translation could work for all versions.

Prelude.

That's tricky. I would have assumed the Vita version would release here but I don't know if there are any restriction in the agreements with Microsoft for the XBO edition that might affect it. With the script being that same one english translation could work for all versions.
Did they announce who's gonna publish it in the west yet?

Parakeetman

Did they announce who's gonna publish it in the west yet?

which the xbo? exp is doing that themselves with ms assistance id imagine.

i still wonder when nisa will do their 2016 title lineup announcement as dont think they did that yet? as they didnt do it at anime expo which was surprising. since honestly cant imagine them skipping out on it with all the attention it got.

Parakeetman

So if they're releasing it simultaneously with Japan and self-publishing, is it gonna be digital only?

Yes they said that from the start about it being digital only due to all of the trouble / costs of trying to do physical copies overseas at start. As they had mentioned also that this is just an experiment for now to see if a market exists on the platform. (XBO) not Vita that is. Its why the XBO version was done it seems, due to them wanting to test the Western market, more than trying to sell domestically. They mentioned that in last nights stream when I could catch bits and pieces of it.

Prelude.

Yes they said that from the start about it being digital only due to all of the trouble / costs of trying to do physical copies overseas at start. As they had mentioned also that this is just an experiment for now to see if a market exists on the platform. (XBO) not Vita that is.
I see, I must have missed that. Well, considering the platform, it's understandable they'd want to play it safe.

Hopefully all this doesn't put in jeopardy a possible Vita release in case they're (NISA too) gonna move on with Demon Gaze 2 and other stuff leaving this behind.

Top Bottom