• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware: Mass Effect 2 on PS3? Probably

obonicus said:
Did you read the thread or just Kittonwy's posts? Guy says that he needs to play ME1 to get the story. Kittonwy says that's not really important and boils down ME1 to what he thinks it is. Defender #1 picks on Kittonwy's complaint about shooting mechanics with the implication that ME is unique because of its blend of RPG and shooter gameplay. Kittonwy replies saying that it's a bullshit excuse and suggests that Demon's Souls is a counter-example to the idea that putting two different gameplay types means both must be dilluted versions of the real thing. Defender #1 says Kittonwy is a hypocrite for supposedly 'not caring' about it and using 'fuck' a lot, despite the former not being said anywhere in this thread.

Defender #2 pops in to nitpick over the word 'visceral', says that Kittonwy didn't play the game for more than 10 minutes and then misreads Kittonwy's post to suggest that Kittonwy hated the game based on his use of the word 'fuck' (which wasn't in his post either).

In both cases, defenders :lol because Kittowny is showing too much emotion, but don't really refute anything.

I don't really agree with Kittonwy's points but it's not like he went 'DEMON'S SOULS!!!!! *catface*'

Then counter-defender #1 jumps in with logical fallacies left and right and badly veiled ad hominem :lol

A hybrid FPS/RPG is not going to control as well as a pure FPS in most cases. Get over it.

Also, ME had a hell of a lot of problems, like the fact that the framerate dropped into the single digits in combat and that textures could take ridiculously long times to load, even in cutscenes.

Not everyone agrees that the controls were a problem. I play a ton of shooters and had no problem with them. Stop acting as if your opinion is universal.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lostconfused said:
Its been a while since mass effect came out for it to be a timed exclusive. Or at least it would be weird for it to last so long.

It makes more sense for it to go multiplat now that EA owns Bioware. MS published the first one, but Bioware still owns the IP.

obonicus

Vercingetorix said:
Then counter-defender #1 jumps in with logical fallacies left and right and badly veiled ad hominem :lol

Please point them out.

A hybrid FPS/RPG is not going to control as well as a pure FPS in most cases. Get over it.

I don't want to argue about this. This is between you and Kittonwy. I'm just saying that Kittonwy never said he hated the game or didn't care for it. He said that ME1 is unnecessary for ME2 (something I'm not sure I agree with, but I'm not decided on -- need to see how exactly the ME1 save import system will work). And I don't want to be Kittonwy Defense Force either (he's definitely not my friend) but I wanted to point out what really was being said.

obonicus said:
And I don't want to be Kittonwy Defense Force either (he's definitely not my friend) but I wanted to point out what really was being said.

Except you quoted me, and what I said still stands. He made the argument out to sound far bigger and more widespread than it is.

Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding about Demon's Souls though. No right thinking person here would suggest Kittowny the Glimmering Knight of Impartiality would have any sort of bias at all.

Roto13

Rhazer Fusion said:
Huh? Wouldn't that almost be like X360 owners refusing to buy FF13 because it is story-driven and most of them might not of played the previous Final Fantasies? I don't think there was that much story to miss in Mass Effect.
.. Not even a little tiny bit.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Some people on the ME2 forums at Bioware are ridiculous, they're actually threatening Bioware that they're not going to buy ME2 if it's released on the PS3 :lol

beast786

elrechazao said:
You said visceral, and clearly weren't even trying to be ironic when using it, which causes your post to fail immediately.

Also, you clearly played the game for maybe 10 minutes based on your incorrect and incoherent ranting.

Shocked too that you of all people would go out of your way to compare two exclusive games from different platforms. Because ME and DS are clearly going for the same thing

:lol :lol

Are you gonna talk about the game or do what you do best which is make everything a personal attack.

Acting like a smart ass can only get you so far.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
GSG Flash said:
Some people on the ME2 forums at Bioware are ridiculous, they're actually threatening Bioware that they're not going to buy ME2 if it's released on the PS3 :lol

lol.

Jtyettis said:
http://meforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=698935&forum=144&sp=15

As I've always said it ain't gonna be day and date that is for sure. Port down the road perhaps.

Except in the latter case MS actually owns the IP and on the former it will be a cold day before that happens.

No one said day and date. IF Mass Effect comes to PS3, it'll definitely be a late port, no one can deny that it's looking more and more likely.

And in all honesty would you be surprised if Gears appeared on PS3? Would it be more of a shock than say FFXIII day and date on 360? While I don't expect a Gears port or a Gears 3 on PS3, it would not surprise me one bit if it did happen.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
gregor7777 said:
Same here.

didn't you finished the first one on your 360 iirc ? for me , I will got it for my 360 because my old save is on it.

if PS3 version is real and have some extra ( required for late ports ) I will just buy it again.

Chris_C

Rhazer Fusion said:
Huh? Wouldn't that almost be like X360 owners refusing to buy FF13 because it is story-driven and most of them might not of played the previous Final Fantasies? I don't think there was that much story to miss in Mass Effect.

Flawed analogy. Final Fantasies aren't connected by and large in terms of a continuing story.

permutated said:
Picture1-4.png

Attention to anyone who believes this:

Would any of you be interested in purchasing a bridge in Brooklyn?

Totobeni said:
didn't you finished the first one on your 360 iirc ? for me , I will got it for my 360 because my old save is on it.

if PS3 version is real and have some extra ( required for late ports ) I will just buy it again.

Yep, played it on the 360 then bought the PC version later.

GSG Flash said:

Bioware just shot themselves in the foot, I'm an expert on forum culture, and so forth.

beast786 said:
Are you gonna talk about the game or do what you do best which is make everything a personal attack.

Acting like a smart ass can only get you so far.

That was a brilliant discussion of the game, made without any personal attacks. well done.

clashfan

GSG Flash said:

Alot of people supported Mass Effect on the 360 and if ME2 comes on on the ps3 it would be total betrayal. There is nothing funny about it.

karasu

clashfan said:
Alot of people supported Mass Effect on the 360 and it ME2 comes on on the ps3 it would be total betrayal. There is nothing funny about it.

:lol betrayal? Please be joking.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
clashfan said:
Alot of people supported Mass Effect on the 360 and if ME2 comes on on the ps3 it would be total betrayal. There is nothing funny about it.

Oh, everything about that is hilarious :lol

clashfan said:

You have got to be kidding me. Betrayal? What the hell is wrong with some people?

beast786

elrechazao said:
That was a brilliant discussion of the game, made without any personal attacks. well done.

Its hard to discuss a game when all you do is try to be a smart ass in every comment. Well done.

beast786 said:
Its hard to discuss a game when all you do is try to be a smart ass in every comment. Well done.

And the commentary about the game continues unabated. If you hadn't come in and started not talking about the game, we couldn't have continued with the discussion. Thank god you got here in time.

Kittonwy

Banned
clashfan said:

Oh noez dey r sabotagin teh xboat somebody plz stop dem.
Indifferent2.gif

There's no proof that ME2 is going to the PS3, so don't worry.
Indifferent2.gif

clashfan said:

Bioware just shot... Hey wait a minute I tried this joke on earlier thread and it wasn't funny even there.

pr0cs

I guess we've all moved from MGS4 to ME2 now have we?
Just wanted to get onto the same page is all.

faridmon

how can you have a sequel on a platform without having its prequel. that's stupid.
even if they bring out Mass effect on the PS3, i would be not be interested since i don't know anything about the story of the first one.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
clashfan said:
:lol

It was just a matter of time before the laughs came into this thread.

faridmon said:
how can you have a sequel on a platform without having its prequel. that's stupid.
even if they bring out Mass effect on the PS3, i would be not be interested since i don't know anything about the story of the first one.

And there is clearly no way you could possibly inform yourself if they did that. You're totally right, because it might be mildly inconvenient, I'd rather not have an awesome game come to my console at all.

And there would clearly be no people who played the first one on the pc or 360 that would enjoy playing the sequel on the ps3.

Corto

clashfan said:

But ME2is going to be released also on XBox 360 isn't it? The fact that the game could be released on another platform wouldn't hurt the XBox 360 owners that played the first episode and are going to play the second... Or the fact that more people could enjoy the game would ruin their experience of the game?

Corto said:
But ME2is going to be released also on XBox 360 isn't it? The fact that the game could be released on another platform wouldn't hurt the XBox 360 owners that played the first episode and are going to play the second... Or the fact that more people could enjoy the game would ruin their experience of the game?

:lol

Raistlin

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Attention to anyone who believes this:

Would any of you be interested in purchasing a bridge in Brooklyn?

Oh I believe it's only coming to 360 and PC

on Jan 26th ;)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Corto said:

And people cried when Devil May Cry was announced for the 360 as well, and even more people cried when FF13 was announced for the 360 too, etc...

Fanboys are being fanboys, what do you expect.

Corto said:
fishedIn.jpg

Gestahl

BeeDog said:
Where's that "confirm or deny" .gif when you really need it...

PC is where it's at, the port of the first game was great.

For some reason, I had a fair bit of framerate problems on my PC. It would drop to 40-45 fps when looking at the galaxy map or in the Citadel in general. Very disconcerting. It was usually fine for combat and dialogue though once I fiddled with things.

John

clashfan said:
this explains your post in the uncharted thread so much.

Gestahl said:
For some reason, I had a fair bit of framerate problems on my PC. It would drop to 40-45 fps when looking at the galaxy map or in the Citadel in general. Very disconcerting. It was usually fine for combat and dialogue though once I fiddled with things.

I hate you. After fiddling and going into window mode, i averaged 23 fps.

You have no idea how happy i was when i found out how to coax my machine into running the last boss fight at 15fps, from the previous 9.

Top Bottom