• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Temporary GAF Mafia Thread |OT| According to the Keikaku

People have already covered the activity stuff, but I did want to iterate how unnecessarily unwelcoming the first day of DR was. When the rules say you only have to post like twice a day but then the actual game is different kind of sucks. So clearer rules about expectations would be good.

I don't know if people enjoy being mean to each other or are comfortable enough with each other to joke around which is all fair but if that's the case, make it known beforehand what to expect? Once again, it's in the rules that there shouldn't be personal attacks but it's hard to know where that line is depending on the person. Personally, it's really hard for me to gauge when people are being serious or what not. Maybe I'm in the minority here and just have really thin skin. :/ I think that's the biggest thing that would keep me from joining another game.

Ppppaaaaaauuuuuuuu~~~

I hope you will play again!.... But I'm not participating in S4... so I guess I'm not... in any position to put pressure on you there haha :3

<3 pau though~~~~

RetroMG

I agree with the idea that there should be an expectation set of what the minimum activity level is.

Also, both Pau and Yeeny are out for next season? Nooooo. :(

I agree with the idea that there should be an expectation set of what the minimum activity level is.

Also, both Pau and Yeeny are out for next season? Nooooo. :(

Also Droplet, methinks.

But I'm hoping we shall see new girls :D Yaaaaaaaaaay. Here's hoping BSP and StarSketch to make their proper debuts in S4 main games ^______^.... and maybe some others. *hopes hopes*

ofc our dazzling mafia queen remains in play. and scrafty, and sawneeks :D

i will cheer from the sidelines as a recovering sex addict~ ^______^ (( damn u ouroooo ))

Hellooo everybody :))))

I feel the need to give you my newbie thoughts now!!

First of all I personally think it was best for me to start with a mid season game because now I really feel prepared for the big games!!

When I started Election I was a little overwhelmed by well... everything :p I took the game very serious, wanted to make everything right and ended up doing a couple of things wrong and I really felt bad about it. At first I also really hated being pressured but I know I needed that because otherwise I would have tried to sneak through the game with the lowest kind of participation possible :X

Anyways, after I survived that nerve-wrecking D2 I finally relaxed and began to enjoy the game at its fullest. Me standing against the wall really was a turning point for me :D

I know I was spared D1 because I was new but we also always found another target that seemed more important to lynch atm :p So yes, just handle newbies as everyone else. I also am pretty sure that the experienced players are in a lot more danger to get lynched on D1 and after that everyone should be considered the same anyway!

After I was NK I received a couple of heartwarming messages from players in the game and not in the game, telling me they were rooting for me and that really encouraged me to stick around! So, that really should be mandatory!!! :)))

I also learned a lot by following the dead thread (even though I was not sooooo active there myself, I still followed it closely! :p)

About Salvas Godfather system: I think the Mod can easily take that part. I don't think a lot of words are needed anyway. Sometimes it just helps to hear something like "you're doing good" and maybe make clear that the game is not over after one dies!!

I definitely am for a preference system for the upcoming season. At least for the type of craziness. And I also like the game-switching possibility. I don't think it would be that much of an effort.
If this is not at all possible it would be nice to maybe be a spectator from the beginning for the game you will miss. So you can put your effort into the game you are actually in but still don't miss the flavor of the other games...Mhh but it might not be a good idea.. I don't know :D :D

I think that's it for now :)

roytheone

That reminds me, separate dead threads for each game this season?

hmmm, this is an interesting idea. I think both have their advantages:

Pro's of having a shared dead thread:

-There are more people to talk to. For example, I was basically talking to myself for most of the time after dying in Archer, but that changed when Sorian was removed from the Chutulhu game.

-You get to follow discussions about the behavior of people in other games. I have learned quite a bit from dead people of other games discussing tactics.

-People could get interested in following the other games based on hype in the dead thread. I didn't really followed Chutulhu or Dangapapa until people in the dead thread said some crazy shit was about to happen in those games.

Pro's of having separate dead threads:

- People could die in their game, go to the dead thread and still be able to be a replacement for one of the other games.

- If you only want to follow your own game, there will be less clutter.

- People that are currently still alive in their own game, but also want to discuss/follow the other games can enter those specific dead threads. This would mean there has to be a very strict "no talking about other games" rule in those threads.

*Splinter

hmmm, this is an interesting idea. I think both have their advantages:

Pro's of having a shared dead thread:

-There are more people to talk to. For example, I was basically talking to myself for most of the time after dying in Archer, but that changed when Sorian was removed from the Chutulhu game.

-You get to follow discussions about the behavior of people in other games. I have learned quite a bit from dead people of other games discussing tactics.

-People could get interested in following the other games based on hype in the dead thread. I didn't really followed Chutulhu or Dangapapa until people in the dead thread said some crazy shit was about to happen in those games.

Pro's of having separate dead threads:

- People could die in their game, go to the dead thread and still be able to be a replacement for one of the other games.

- If you only want to follow your own game, there will be less clutter.

- People that are currently still alive in their own game, but also want to discuss/follow the other games can enter those specific dead threads. This would mean there has to be a very strict "no talking about other games" rule in those threads.
I was kind of hoping that your last point would mean there are actually more people in the dead thread rather than fewer, but yeah it could go either way.

Also people need to consider being replacements in other games, so maybe dead thread distribution would have to be limited the first couple of days anyway

Overall I'd still prefer separate dead threads, but maybe that's because I was never an early death

Coppanuva

I was kind of hoping that your last point would mean there are actually more people in the dead thread rather than fewer, but yeah it could go either way.

Also people need to consider being replacements in other games, so maybe dead thread distribution would have to be limited the first couple of days anyway

Overall I'd still prefer separate dead threads, but maybe that's because I was never an early death

I think the activity (or lack of) is a huge detriment in the early phases of the longer games. In GAFia game the dead thread was pretty active, but we also only had to wait a week real-time to get 5 deaths, which is enough to populate it (and there were the curious watchers who wanted to read the dead thread, since the main games were about closed). In main games, people who are quieter tend to die more early on. That means that naturally, the first 2-3 kills will likely be people who don't talk as much, and don't have much to say. It can take a lot longer to get going at that point.

I also don't think many people would go into the other dead threads as often. I mean there's not much reason to go to the dead thread if you could also participate in that game instead. As it stands I think we have a good balance of people choosing dead thread vs choosing to go on the replacement list. I worry that separating the choice per-game is going to make the replacement lists way too long.

Swamped

Banned
Also Droplet, methinks.

But I'm hoping we shall see new girls :D Yaaaaaaaaaay. Here's hoping BSP and StarSketch to make their proper debuts in S4 main games ^______^.... and maybe some others. *hopes hopes*

ofc our dazzling mafia queen remains in play. and scrafty, and sawneeks :D

i will cheer from the sidelines as a recovering sex addict~ ^______^ (( damn u ouroooo ))

Your words...they are too kind <3

Echoing what I previously said, I'm sure people will tone it down in terms of post volume, at least for the first few day phases. I think people tend to post a lot in the beginning because they are really excited, which is great, we don't want to dampen their enthusiasm! But with so many players during the first few days, it becomes really hard to catch up. I personally definitely felt this in DR. Just wait until posts have accumulated before you reply.

Also, I thought the common dead thread vs replacement list worked well this time, wouldn't mind keeping that system going forward.

Let me figure out my number:

Three games (Sicily, Star Wars, DR)= 30p

Survived Sicily = -0p
Died in Star Wars (died day 6, game ended on night 9) = -3p
Died in danganronpa (died night 9, day ended after day 10) =-1p

So 26p, is that right?

I am so in, for the next season of games!

Thoughts on previous games,

Dead thread:

I like the spoilers, but it was fun figuring out that raindoc was the final Mafia in Star Wars. That being said, I like how open the conversations are in the dead thread. It's more like a party and encourages reading the whole QT.

Role madness:

It's really fun for those that have them, but I really got frustrated by DR's movement and "fight club". There were weeks where I wished I would get night killed just so I wouldn't have to complain about it. Now looking back two of the biggest "don't talk about it" arguers were Mafia, so it made sense. However it was really, REALLY frustrating during the game. I felt like I had been playing half the game. I'm not sure how to fix this though. It was painful pulling that information, and every single bit of information we got was useful to town.

My own reflection:

I was reasonably useful in Sicily, and never painted a target on my (or my teammates) back.

Star Wars: I got scoped by a couple of players who were convinced on my guilt, both were town. Honest mistake. I think this game would have been crazier if our two armorers hadn't died so quickly.

DR: opinions on "fight club" aside, I really enjoyed playing with this group of players. New and old everyone that held on made the game fun. this one was really unique in that some of the highest posters were Mafia, it definitely put a good spin on the game and kept us on our toes. Yeah I kind of led to the sole survivor neutral winner (oops my bad) but I had to test it. I couldn't in good conscience give two players a pass with roles that sounded that good. (They both were and weren't that good, hence the reason why I thought they were too good to be true)

Sorian

Banned
I should probably do this dumb Ouro number um, let's see.

I played in 4 games.

Cthulhu last 7 days and I died on day 2. -5

NX, I went full time because I'm better than all of you. -0

Election, I died day 1 and election went.....5 days only? -4

Gafia, I died day 1 and it went 7 days. -6

40-5-4-6 = 25

I survived all the way through Cthulhu but my accent did not. RIP accent. -0

The universe figured it had to re-attain balance and so I got murked on Day 1 of Gafia, leaving my vastly-more-competent partners to pick up the slack. -5

Total: 15

Ourobolus

Banned
I should probably do this dumb Ouro number um, let's see.

I played in 4 games.

Cthulhu last 7 days and I died on day 2. -5

NX, I went full time because I'm better than all of you. -0

Election, I died day 1 and election went.....5 days only? -4

Gafia, I died day 1 and it went 7 days. -6

40-5-4-6 = 25
Oh hush, it was just a suggestion :p

updatesy: no reply PM yet from crabbypants but he said he took the day off yesterday to read this thread, so im sure we'll hear from him soon :>

in the meanwhile, soyuri is hosting ONUW 5 ! PM or reply for link to spec thread if you wants / needs ^____^

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Cabot mentioned mafia specific bumps as a means of combatting mafia inactivity. I'm cautious about any rules that treat mafia fundamentally differently; simply because they end up being used as meta and you'll have "you're mafia because you were away half a day not a whole day!" posts. In general I'm not really sure how much we can do about absentee mafia; sometimes people just go inactive.

On activity elsewhere on the site being used in play, I absolutely and totally agree that this should be policed more thoroughly by the moderators. Sometimes people want to GAF for non-mafia reasons, it's not very fun if people are policing your for that when you genuinely also have life restrictions that stop you from 100% mafia participating but give you enough time to make small comments in other threads. Moderators can mod-kill people for breaking rules, and people need to be reminded of this when they have done so and then dealt with if appropriate.

I do want to avoid modkills *for inactivity* in the future; but I'm probably a stick-in-the-mud about it. I might leave this up to individual moderators in the future. Nevertheless, as we pick up as a community and become more active, we get more dropouts; that's just the nature of things. As such, I want to keep a larger pool of replacements this season.

On the holiday season, we can always take a slight break based on consensus. I don't think we need to worry about it too much.

With respect to preferences, I think we're a large enough community that we can sustain providing for multiple player styles, and I do think it will be useful for newbie retention to cater to people like that. Obviously we can't guarantee it, but allowing people to give preferences for e.g. normal vs. bastard. I'll also allow swapping, as long as it is a) before role PMs, and b) between newbie-newbie pairs or veteran-veteran pairs.

With win conditions changing halfway through, I want to make clear this is something that should never happen even in bastard games. It fundamentally undermines the nature of a game if nobody can have reasonable confidence in why they play the way they do. I'd like all reviewers to very carefully check win conditions in the future and that they cover all scenarios so we don't go through that again. Same with leaking alignments - that's happened multiple seasons and games now, so moderators really need to step up on this one.

I do think we need to focus on balance. Some of the S3 games needed a little work in this department. I think some moderators are very keen to try crazy, but crazy is difficult, because crazy and unbalanced will often be less fun even to people who like crazy than vanilla and unbalanced. I can't really do anything about this ruleswise, but just generally I would encourage all game designers to read my game design document and think very carefully about their setup.

Newbie games don't work as well as newbie-veteran mixed. Trust me, I have a lot of experience in mafia communities. :p They end up like GAF Season 1 (although IMO that was *well* above the bar for normal newbie games anyway, so well done all our vets!), which was very quiet and very passive, and where the mafia really, really struggled - even one experienced mafia on the theam makes a big impact. A good mix of new and old leads to something more like S2 as a starting point, which I think is a good place to be. I think having an ONUW newbie game with maybe just one or two vets, while waiting for signups to close, is a great idea just to familiarize them.

SalvaPot mentioned having "Godfathers" in another game. I'm very unsure to negative about this as I think it influences play too much. People will be e.g. harsher on new players with Godfathers renowned for being particularly good players, for example, or judge newbies on whether they match their Godfather's town/mafia style. It's also just a super powerful role in general to be able to get feedback from an outside source on how your appear in a game which is about being judged by other people. You're essentially making every newbie a mason - that's not something to do easily. However, kind words and hugs (sans advice) from people in *other games* are always very nice and good.

In terms of game priority, I'm pretty willing to do it as (sum of total alive days in last season games + last season side-games). More alive days = lower priority. Nobody has a problem with this, right? It seems the least complicated that takes in the most important metric - how much you actually got to play.

RE: dead thread I actually like them being spoilers as then you get people cheering particular players on and whatnot. I get really bored in non-spoiler dead threads because you essentially do the same speculating you did while alive but with no consequences. Nevertheless, this seems to be a minority view, so spoiler-free it is. As for separated dead threads, I'm ruling that one out. Based on the evidence, they'd populate too slowly to be worth it.

Seance/resurrection roles are actually considered top level bastard, Sorian (anything that fundamentally breaks core/reliable mafia rules is bastard, and dead people being dead is like one of the core-est rules you can get), and personally I would essentially never use it, but if people want to use them that's another good reason for spoiler free. I would say that if you have a resurrection/seance role and a dead thread, everyone needs to be notified of this IN THE DEAD THREAD, or otherwise they might not expect it and talk about stuff they wouldn't. I have a fun idea for dead threads which I will reveal later, though...

I do want to figure out a more formal structure for .5 games, though, if only to help newer players and streamline the community. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

(i went out and bought some parts to fix my keyboard just for you guys).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I also want to make our bastard system more precise, so here is a scale:

1: This is classic mafia - only vanilla scum and town, and normal mechanics.
2: This is an open game (all roles present in the game are revealed) with traditional roles.
3: This is an open game (all roles present in the game are revealed) with some non-traditional roles.
4: This is a semi-open game (all roles present come from a pre-revealed list, but not all roles on the list are necessarily present) with traditional roles.
5: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with traditional roles. When Death is On the Line (my season 1 game) is an example of this.
6: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with some non-traditional roles. A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (MattAttack's season 2 game) is an example of this.
7: This is a closed game with some non-traditional roles and non-traditional mechanics that nevertheless don't fundamentally deviate too far from the mafia norm. Making Animal Friends is Awesome! (Karkador's season 2 game) is an example of this, as is Ourobolus's season 3 Archer game.
8: This is a role madness game which where traditional mechanics are employed (or only slight deviations), but everyone or almost everyone has a role and these roles are not necessarily restricted to the normal set of roles.
9: This is a closed game with some non-traditional roles and non-traditional mechanics that very fundamentally change it from how mafia would normally be expected to work and require very different approaches to play. LaunchpadMcQ's season 3 Danganronpa game and traube's season 3 Cthulhu game are examples of this.
10: This is a total madness game where every player has a role, these roles are not necessarily traditional and there are strong non-standard mechanics.
11: This is a full bastard game. You are all in the Matrix. This scale is merely an attempt by your deeper subconscious to expand your epistemological uncertainty to a ground where you can make conclusions on existentialism and the state of your reality. The moderators are lying to you. Your win condition is meaningless and probably a lie. What does it even mean to "win" in life? Do we have a purpose? Trust nobody. Eat the red pill.

As a clarification, any role or combination of roles which introduces "untruths" by the moderator is non-traditional. E.g., the Godfather (reveals Innocent on Cop reports) is non-traditional because it involves the moderator giving false information to the Cop (although the Godfather and the Miller are probably the tamest examples of this).

If you could all rerank your games by this scale, that would be nice.

2: This is an open game (all roles present in the game are revealed) with traditional roles.
3: This is an open game (all roles present in the game are revealed) with some non-traditional roles.
4: This is a semi-open game (all roles present come from a pre-revealed list, but not all roles on the list are necessarily present) with traditional roles.
5: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with traditional roles. When Death is On the Line (my season 1 game) is an example of this.
6: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with some non-traditional roles. A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (MattAttack's season 2 game) is an example of this.
7: This is a closed game with some non-traditional roles and non-traditional mechanics that nevertheless don't fundamentally deviate too far from the mafia norm. Making Animal Friends is Awesome! (Karkador's season 2 game) is an example of this, as is Ourobolus's season 3 Archer game.
8: This is a role madness game which where traditional mechanics are employed (or only slight deviations), but everyone or almost everyone has a role and these roles are not necessarily restricted to the normal set of roles.
9: This is a closed game with some non-traditional roles and non-traditional mechanics that very fundamentally change it from how mafia would normally be expected to work and require very different approaches to play. LaunchpadMcQ's season 3 Danganronpa game and traube's season 3 Cthulhu game are examples of this.
10: This is a total madness game where every player has a role, these roles are not necessarily traditional and there are strong non-standard mechanics.
11: This is a full bastard game. You are all in the Matrix. This scale is merely an attempt by your deeper subconscious to expand your epistemological uncertainty to a ground where you can make conclusions on existentialism and the state of your reality. The moderators are lying to you. Your win condition is meaningless and probably a lie. What does it even mean to "win" in life? Do we have a purpose? Trust nobody. Eat the red pill.

As a clarification, any role or combination of roles which introduces "untruths" by the moderator is non-traditional. E.g., the Godfather (reveals Innocent on Cop reports) is non-traditional because it involves the moderator giving false information to the Cop (although the Godfather and the Miller are probably the tamest examples of this).

this is awesome <3

please rerank games, applying game runners! i will update the applications with the new ranking :D

Makai

People have already covered the activity stuff, but I did want to iterate how unnecessarily unwelcoming the first day of DR was. When the rules say you only have to post like twice a day but then the actual game is different kind of sucks. So clearer rules about expectations would be good.

I don't know if people enjoy being mean to each other or are comfortable enough with each other to joke around which is all fair but if that's the case, make it known beforehand what to expect? Once again, it's in the rules that there shouldn't be personal attacks but it's hard to know where that line is depending on the person. Personally, it's really hard for me to gauge when people are being serious or what not. Maybe I'm in the minority here and just have really thin skin. :/ I think that's the biggest thing that would keep me from joining another game.
Danganronpa was really mean compared to Star Wars. It was an anomaly. The line for me is - if you would get banned for your behavior in a normal thread, it's out of bounds.

Palmer_v1

My game isn't finalized, but it would be somewhere between 4-6.

Darryl

Banned
No one should ever click profiles to see when someone was last online. Just don't do it. Not even out of curiosity. Just because someone has time to check the thread doesn't mean they've had time to post.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Mine is either a 6 or a 7. There's a specific part of the game that while isn't far out of the mafia spectrum, does slightly change the game enough to make me question which number it would be.

CzarTim

Couple of thoughts:

- Not lynching a newbie in a game made up of majority of vets is in my opinion a common courtesy. It should not be an official rule and people shouldn't be yelled at for breaking it. It's just something people should consider to make our community better. Of course some newbies don't need this, but it will allow those who do time to get their feet wet.

- I agree we should be more clear about the time commitment / intensity in the recruitment thread.

- I'd like to suggest all mods list the "real" role name somewhere in each role PM. You can still have a flavor name, just list the real name so people unfamiliar with the role can look it up in the wiki.

- I think any game above a 6, maybe 7, on Crab's scale should be volunteer only. Even if the games start along side season 4.

Sorian

Banned

This is why we need Crab around.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
- I agree we should be more clear about the time commitment / intensity in the recruitment thread.

Done.

- I'd like to suggest all mods list the "real" role name somewhere in each role PM. You can still have a flavor name, just list the real name so people unfamiliar with the role can look it up in the wiki.

Not necessarily possible. Even in WDIOTL there were some roles which don't have a good wiki page.

- I think any game above a 6, maybe 7, on Crab's scale should be volunteer only. Even if the games start along side season 4.

The preference system should resolve this as best as I can, but ultimately a few players will not end up with the game they want.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the .5 setup and mid-season games like Election? I don't want to do too much to them - their strength is they can be a bit wilder and a bit more off-road and down to the individual moderator - but I have two main concerns, which are connected. The first is whether or not they become cliques and the second is how people sign-up to them. I'm sort of anxious to avoid an invites/old-boys mentality to these side-games, as that comes across as pretty unwecoming.

It's my last thing I want to talk about before I begin games and start S4.

EDIT: oh, and a third - I don't want them to parasite from/distract from the main season games, as that as where we get our new players.

about the side/mini games, i think most of the mods are now leaving the sign up period more than 24 hours and that it's not first come first serve basis.... seems like consideration are given to newcomers and people who hasn't had a chance to join in in previous side/mini games so maybe there is already some kind of innate awareness against old-boys/cliquey mentality built in our community?

... oh and yeah i agree with the edit. there were some complaints from cthulhu and dr players that they notice players' focus seem divided when some of them join in the side/mini games.

i didn't notice much from archer's side cuz theG was always quiet.......... oh wait, come to think of it, cabochon seems a bit distracted when he was both in NX and archer. though he handled it okay, i got the feeling that he had archer's town's back more firmlier when he wasn't juggling two games at once.

not sure how to address this though. i think people should be allowed to have as much fun as they can. specially if they can handle multiple games at once, like darryl or czar, i think they'd be okay with multi-games... i don't really like putting up restrictions in general. but yeah, for most cases, it can be a little bit unfair to the participants of the game that they gotten distracted from :< though....

Droplet

Does anyone have any thoughts about the .5 setup and mid-season games like Election? I don't want to do too much to them - their strength is they can be a bit wilder and a bit more off-road and down to the individual moderator - but I have two main concerns, which are connected. The first is whether or not they become cliques and the second is how people sign-up to them. I'm sort of anxious to avoid an invites/old-boys mentality to these side-games, as that comes across as pretty unwecoming.

It's my last thing I want to talk about before I begin games and start S4.

EDIT: oh, and a third - I don't want them to parasite from/distract from the main season games, as that as where we get our new players.

In my mind (since I'm "working on"/siphoning the rules from another game for) a .5 game, I'd try to keep recruitment open for at least a couple days before it starts, and use the same order we use for the regular games to let people in. So no more first come first serve, just go by 1) new to GAFia 2) not new to GAFia but not in a game 3) played this season but now dead (and then go by order) 4) playing this season and not dead. At the very least, I like having the .5 games because they give dead players and people who didn't get to sign up on time something to do, but I do think we should be a little more open about them. The only games I think shouldn't be subject to any rules are the 36-hour games, as those tend to be more community-focused by nature.

Swamped

Banned
In my mind (since I'm "working on"/siphoning the rules from another game for) a .5 game, I'd try to keep recruitment open for at least a couple days before it starts, and use the same order we use for the regular games to let people in. So no more first come first serve, just go by 1) new to GAFia 2) not new to GAFia but not in a game 3) played this season but now dead (and then go by order) 4) playing this season and not dead. At the very least, I like having the .5 games because they give dead players and people who didn't get to sign up on time something to do, but I do think we should be a little more open about them. The only games I think shouldn't be subject to any rules are the 36-hour games, as those tend to be more community-focused by nature.

I agree with all of this (you're working on an Avalon game right? Fun!)

I personally really liked the idea of the 0.5 games because they can be more experimental or have really wacky flavors. Also, they are fun diversions for people who died early in the main games. We could have the first half season games start, say, a month after the main ones. If there are any new players in the replacement list at this point (because they found out about gafia after the main games started) they could also participate in the 0.5 games.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
what do we feel about split attentions? e.g. how a fair few people got annoyed at how people in both s3 and 3.5 games did not seem to participate as fully as they might? is there any room to restrict .5 games to those who are dead or otherwise not participating? or require a certain level of prior activity before being approved to make multiple games?

Droplet

what do we feel about split attentions? e.g. how a fair few people got annoyed at how people in both s3 and 3.5 games did not seem to participate as fully as they might? is there any room to restrict .5 games to those who are dead or otherwise not participating? or require a certain level of prior activity before being approved to make multiple games?

People should be able to self-regulate. This season was the first time we tried .5 games. Those that fell behind because of them know who they are, and spectators should have been able to see generally how players performed when they played two games. I would just ask the moderators be very clear with the amount of time commitment they expect for their game.

from my experience, like i said above, though i did feel cabot and theG's attention got slightly divided, i hardly felt it in archer, but we were sort of on the home stretch of the end game by that time i think? so not sure if it would have been more noticeable had the game been more in the thick of it.....

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
People should be able to self-regulate. This season was the first time we tried .5 games. Those that fell behind because of them know who they are, and spectators should have been able to see generally how players performed when they played two games. I would just ask the moderators be very clear with the amount of time commitment they expect for their game.

I'm unconvinced people are great at it, though, plus when they make a mistake and bite off more than they can chew, it ends up impacting other people's fun.

Top Bottom