• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition - Before & After Changes

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ah that reminds me, I have to finish up the OT, haha. If anyone has a good idea for the new subtitle let me know.

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition |OT| Beyond Original
I also don't know why silly is bad. Not everything needs to be super grimdark.

Considering all the criticism over the whimsical nature of Divinity: Original Sin's writing and setting, I'm super curious to see how the EE changes things. I'd be sad if they dropped it entirely, but it seems unlikely... Larian knows how to make their games. It enables so much.

Does anyone know if they're changing/adding music for DOSEE?

Adnor

Banned
Do we know the size of the Enhaced Edition? The vanilla game is around 10 GB, but I assume the dialogue will add a lot to that.

btw...did they talk about updated system reqs with all these enhancements? My PC is like 7 years old at this point and I don't want to rebuild just yet.

Adnor

Banned
btw...did they talk about updated system reqs with all these enhancements? My PC is like 7 years old at this point and I don't want to rebuild just yet.

I think they dropped the support for DX9, that's why you will still have the vanilla edition in your Steam/GOG account.

Swen mentioned that the engine enhancements will make it run better, actually. For instance, it's multithreaded now.

If there's any problems, the original will still be in your Steam library.

For all of you console owners amped for this don't forget Wastleland 2. It might be a little more hardcore/challenging than Original Sin, but it's good too.

Durante

How does this compare to Pillars of Eternity?
The battle system is more inventive and interesting, especially in terms of environmental interaction, but since it's turn-based it can get bogged down a bit in some of the larger battles. Setting, characters and story are all significantly more interesting in PoE, though I also enjoyed Divinity's more humorous writing. Co-op in Divinity is fantastic and obviously has no match in PoE.

That game looks ugly and I don't like the setting. I probably won't play it unless it has a really good story.

I think it looks ok, and it's got a nice image quality. It's got really great writing and quest scenarios though. Probably the best consequence sequence in any open world game.

Walpurgis

Banned
I think it looks ok, and it's got a nice image quality. It's got really great writing and quest scenarios though. Probably the best consequence sequence in any open world game.

I meant the art. I'll probably play it then but that's despite how unappealing it looks. If Divinity goes well, I could probably convince my brother to play it with me. It does have local co-op, yes?

Numb

Love co-op. Barely on the fence on this for PS4.. With it not being the same as PC with FPS and price shenanigans. It being turn based helps with the fps.
Will probably get it come the day.

AU Tiger

Honestly some of the most legit "enhancement" I've seen for a game since .... Probably witcher 2 or maybe some of the naughty dog stuff.

Online coop may have been what has me sold on this though. I have some friends I may can convince to play.

Does it have voice chat?

Mentat

Banned
I kickstarted the original but I got bored with it after half an hour. I'll give this enhanced edition a try though.

shmoglish

But how long does it take it to save the game?
It takes a few seconds (5-10). You can play while it saves. But it's not the good old press a button and leave the game after a second quicksave.

Well, it's -Options, save, choose place to save, confirm, wait-. So not really quick bit everywhere.

-TK-

My local stores are already selling this game for ps4. Grabbed my copy two days ago, but can't decide if I should finish Wasteland 2 first.

It takes a few seconds (5-10). You can play while it saves. But it's not the good old press a button and leave the game after a second quicksave.

Well, it's -Options, save, choose place to save, confirm, wait-. So not really quick bit everywhere.

Well okay. Damn. I stuck in Pillars of Eternity right now and I need a few days to finish it. I could buy Divinity then, but then a few days later Fallout 4 is out. The struggle is real.

Also, 60 € is a bit much for me.

shmoglish

Well okay. Damn. I stuck in Pillars of Eternity right now and I need a few days to finish it. I could buy Divinity then, but then a few days later Fallout 4 is out. The struggle is real.

Also, 60 € is a bit much for me.
Same here... Last few missions in MGSV and Dqheroes, New game and dlc in Witcher 3( I really want to finish it this time) and I ordered Fallout because it was cheap a few days ago.

Don't be an Idiot like me and wait. Divinity is well done and a fine Port so far, but it won't get bad.

If you really want it now, conrad sells it for 47 (shipping costs are high, but there are always Codes for the site).

Staf

This is easily my most anticipated game this year out. Didn't play it the first time around since i'm mostly a console peasant nowadays. But everything i've seen from it so far looks amazing.

Same here... Last few missions in MGSV and Dqheroes, New game and dlc in Witcher 3( I really want to finish it this time) and I ordered Fallout because it was cheap a few days ago.

Don't be an Idiot like me and wait. Divinity is well done and a fine Port so far, but it won't get bad.

If you really want it now, conrad sells it for 47 (shipping costs are high, but there are always Codes for the site).

Please keep posting screenshot in the console screenshot thread :)

Also, combat system is fun as hell?

It wasn't as well-rounded as Div 2 or Dragon Commander. DC especially had a ton of great characters to interact with.

It's not like Larian isn't aware of the problem. There are reasons why Original Sin wasn't up to par with their usual stuff. They padded out the writing team quite a bit to make sure so much work didn't fall to one person this time.

That said, a lot of the people complaining are annoyed that this game doesn't share a tone with Pillars of Eternity or a Bioware game, so nothing Larian has ever done will work for them. And that's fine. Fuck 'em.

Yep, the silly light-hearted nature of the game is completely fine but compared to Divinity 2 or Dragon Commander it was quite lacking. There is absolutely no need to turn this game in yet another grimdark RPG.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Think I'm going to get this for PC. Debating whether to start on Tactician mode or not. How's the regular difficulty?

For as close a comparison as I can think of, I've beaten Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition on Nightmare, going in blind.

Think I'm going to get this for PC. Debating whether to start on Tactician mode or not. How's the regular difficulty?

For as close a comparison as I can think of, I've beaten Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition on Nightmare, going in blind.

I started the game on hard difficulty myself. So going on hard difficulty is definitely doable. Really hard to judge what tactician mode brings to the table, but I am guessing going on classic mode and hard difficulty is probably what you want to do as a new player. Encounters get pretty difficult pretty fast tbh, especially when they start using control spells on you. So tactician adding a minion or two in specific encounters might make it too hard, but who knows.

danthefan

It's difficult enough. I found that if there was much of a level gap then I basically had no chance. Pro tip, don't leave the first town until you've gotten a couple of levels through questing just in the town or you'll really struggle.

The combat is totally different to Dragon Age.

It's an amazing game anyway, enjoy.

Top Bottom