• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
Shhh don't post that in screenshot thread.

Some people there are just happy that it doesn't look as bad as those initial shots. Though there were some that liked even the ugliest of the ugly.

Alas, FO4's highs are pretty average, its lows pretty bad.

Pakkidis

Fallout 4 is a massive open world game with plenty to do that probably started over 4 years ago....what were people expecting?

I would never buy a Bethesda game day 1... you are just asking for trouble : )

Some people there are just happy that it doesn't look as bad as those initial shots. Though there were some that liked even the ugliest of the ugly.

Alas, FO4's highs are pretty average, its lows pretty bad.
Some people just couldn't accept their predetermined GOTY doesn't look that good on a PS4. Texture looks bad in all of the shots.

Fallout 4 is a massive open world game with plenty to do that probably started over 4 years ago....what were people expecting?

You're talking to a wall.
And to answer your question, the next Mona Lisa apparently. @4k/144fps no less.

Beth games never looked good, i don't think when they started the project matters really.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Steam shutsdown in Big Picture Mode when trying to change the Steam Controller config in Cook, Serve, Delicious. Is anyone else having this problem?

Huh. Seems to be C, S, D! only. Try to use the overlay, the Steam app will close completely and you have to restart Steam to turn off/redo the Big Picture Mode. :/

So I apparently got locked out of the Steam Marketplace for not buying stuff on Steam for a while. I guess it's been close to a year since I bought stuff on Steam itself and they made me a limited account because of that.

All I wanted was to sell some cards and get LISA on sale. I was so close.

RS4-

I don't remember if I finished fo3 first on pc or 360. But FO3 was straight up unplayable for me on ps3. Uninstalled after the first 5 mins because the performance was shit. Went back out and traded it back to EB.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I finished up Cook, Serve, Delicious today. My wrists regret it, but I still had fun. It was really addicting initially; I kept saying, "lemme just do one more day, and then I'll quit." Spoiler: I didn't quit. I loved the little extra events like catering, the iron chef competition, etc. Some of the last event's tasks were pretty infuriating though. Also, I thought the dating thing was really weird, and a huge hassle when you had to have text conversations with them while your orders were disappearing. The only thing that was more of a hassle was the VIP dinners. I only ever did one, and never again. I tried out the multiplayer by myself, and it was alright. I played on extreme difficulty, and while it was really hard in the beginning, the chores/patience upgrades make it a hell of a lot easier and much more manageable. I guess the fact that I memorized a lot of combinations also helped, but really, if you want to play on that difficulty, invest in those equipment upgrades/clickstarter.

I think the worst thing about this game was how much of a grind it was. Whenever I had to level up my restaurant, I found that I completed every task other than the mandatory 20 days of service in around 10 days. Being forced to do that many days really eroded the novelty of the game, and I felt done about halfway through because of it. It was also a pain to grind for money to buy all of the food items/upgrades, pins, and total customers, but that was optional, so I don't hold it against the game as much. Still, all that grinding made for a pretty boring experience, which is a shame considering how much I liked it at the start. I'd still recommend trying it out at the very least though, because it's definitely fun in moderation.

Popstar

Seems like an appropriate evening for this.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

resident evil 4 -- MB-04D9BCAED6D98BAA - Taken by spindoc. 12 entrants total.

t1446360230z1.png

Eila

The answer to both: Brazil

It really isn't cheap on any region other than Russia, and even there it's more expensive than usual. It's only 48% less than USD!
I took a peek at Nuveem and it's not cheap there, either. It's 51 USD but comes with Skyrim Legendary.

Sharkiller

Amazed with the quality of Project CARS. I get 180fps in Ultra. I remember the game had a lot of problem at release. Was expecting around 60~80fps. I didn't know they fix the game that good.

Uzzy

DreadOut's pretty janky in spots, like how the cutscenes put the protagonist, Linda, in her default school uniform, even though I've got her wearing her cool jeans and t-shirt ingame. But it's pretty damn creepy, which is exactly what I'm here for. Enjoying it a lot.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DillonMabry, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DillonMabry, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STRIDER -- MB-28F22F61A1C11222 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-72CAABBC6C6354E0 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 19 entrants total.

t1446355367z1.png

I got FO4 for 30$ thanks to Mad Max.

No Ragrats.
This man is correct, can wait for nov10!! I hope we get codes early so we can pre load, from my understanding, if we do get the codes early we might get the mr handy announcer for dota which i fully plan on selling to make some cash back! Fingers crossed

Is part of the appeal of Fallout lie with Americans, because nothing about this series gets me. try try again I guess.

I am American and I don't find Fallout interesting to me. Meanwhile most people I know that like it aren't even from America lol.

Volimar

Tbh, other than the "neat" reaction of seeing a few landmarks done in post apocalyptic style, I don't care at all about where Fallout is located. Wouldn't mind seeing it someplace else. Just inject little Vault Dweller with a universal translator subdermal impant and you could put it anywhere. Though really there's Metro for Russia. Fallout 5 taking place in China would be cool.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tbh, other than the "neat" reaction of seeing a few landmarks done in post apocalyptic style, I don't care at all about where Fallout is located. Wouldn't mind seeing it someplace else. Just inject little Vault Dweller with a universal translator subdermal impant and you could put it anywhere. Though really there's Metro for Russia. Fallout 5 taking place in China would be cool.
a fallout game outside of america wouldn't really be fallout

like even if they made a fallout that's to china or the euro commonwealth what fo1 and 2 and new vegas (and fo3 VERY POORLY attempted to be) were to america, i just don't really get why you would want that?

like with the fallout brand i mean, cos the art deco thing is an american thing and the dark optimism from nuclear era juxtaposed with the dark wild westland and post-post-apoc stuff, a lot of that is just not gonna be the same if it's set somewhere else

and if you do vault tec all over the world then you might as well not do anything imo, you're not even trying..

it's 43ish in nuuvem

dunno about region locks/etc.

Dsyndrome

Sucks that all the leaderboards were reset in Pinball FX2, at least DerExperte isn't beating me in every single one now though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-EBE8D56D299A2627 - Taken by TWILT. 23 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-CB723BFC5F48BC6B - Taken by SirMossyBloke. 34 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-5551056DA3B06D66 - Taken by dave is ok. 21 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-70707599BA6A309D - Taken by rainking187. 30 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-E6A8F33CC13DE9BB - Taken by thesaucetastic. 28 entrants total.

t1446357827z1.png

eyeless

everyone in this thread should change their avatar to saoirse ronan like in spartacus or maybe when they stand on the desks in dead poets society

sheaaaa

a fallout game outside of america wouldn't really be fallout

like even if they made a fallout that's to china or the euro commonwealth what fo1 and 2 and new vegas (and fo3 VERY POORLY attempted to be) were to america, i just don't really get why you would want that?

like with the fallout brand i mean, cos the art deco thing is an american thing and the dark optimism from nuclear era juxtaposed with the dark wild westland and post-post-apoc stuff, a lot of that is just not gonna be the same if it's set somewhere else

and if you do vault tec all over the world then you might as well not do anything imo, you're not even trying...

I'd wager that an American setting ranks low, low, low down on the list of things people like about Fallout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom