• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every 10 minutes Xbox360 giveaway thread

neptunes

click image for the official site

Consumers have a chance to win an Xbox 360™ system before the system is available at the retailer. Sweepstakes drawings will take place every ten minutes beginning August 29, 2005 at 12:00:01 A.M. ET and ending on October 31, 2005 at 11:49:59 P.M. ET. Go to www.every10minutes.com for complete sweepstakes detail.
So they'll be giving away around 9000 x360's in total, someone here is bound to win if they atleast participate

Here's how to play
1. FIND A CODE ON SPECIALLY MARKED PACKAGES
* Look for a code printed underneath specially-marked "Every10minutes" bottle caps of 20 oz. and 1-liter Pepsi , Mountain Dew and Sierra Mist products

2. ENTER THE CODES FOR SWEEPSTAKES POINTS AND COLLECT TO GET POINTS
* Register and enter your Code online.
* Each Code is worth one (1) Sweepstakes point and one (1) Collect To Get Point
* Register and enter your Code online or from your mobile phone.

3. SELECT YOUR SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING
* You can keep track of your points and sweepstakes entries by visiting your Account History
* Every 10 minutes a sweepstakes drawing will be conducted from among all entries received and processed for each drawing as of the time/date that drawing closes.
* Each sweepstakes point is good for only one (1) drawing and will not be eligible for any subsequent drawings.
* Winner of each "Every10minutes" sweepstakes drawing will win an Xbox 360TM system and their choice of either Madden NFL 06 or Need For Speed Most Wanted.
The only trade-off is that you might have rotten teeth at the end of all this.

Zep

Banned
so wait, are they gonna give it too the guy who has like 50 codes, or is it gonna be random?

J2 Cool

HAHA! My day's come. I have 2 buy 1 get one free 20 ounce Pepsi's as well as a 1 Liter cap. 5 chances baby and you all got none! Hopefully I can drink em all.

acidviper

Banned
Every10minutes.coml Website said:
How long does it take to receive merchandise?
Most merchandise will be delivered within 10-12 weeks, however some items can take up to 16 weeks to receive. Each item will ship separately.

LOFL

DaddyZ said:
so wait, are they gonna give it too the guy who has like 50 codes, or is it gonna be random?

No, it just gives you one entry per code. Having 50 would just mean you have 50 entries to get a shot, it just increases the odds.

J2 Cool

Yusaku said:
This is an interesting contest. I guess you'd have a better chance of winning if you enter at like 3-5am.

I'm attempting to bring down all of Yahoo DSL, T-mobile and Comcast servers at 4:07am. I mean, I can put this concentrated effort into stealing one, but I just love to win things so much. You think my comcast will go down too? I hope not..

Zep

Banned
If I win, when will I get the Xbox 360™ system?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Verified Winners will receive the Xbox 360 before the retail release date. The XBOX 360 prize will be delivered via overnight delivery (adult signature required) to the address (no P.O. Boxes allowed) registered to the Account used for sweepstakes entry to all winners for receipt on the Saturday prior to the retail release date of the Xbox 360™ system, currently anticipated to be at the end of 2005 calendar year. The retail release date is subject to change and revision at Microsoft's discretion.

Speevy

Banned
Are the contest-eligible caps random? This means that you'd be pretty crazy to just stock up on Pepsi tomorrow.

*marks grocery list*

Speevy

Banned
"Drink Mountain Dew, and we'll throw in a PS3 for your trouble. Afterall, we know there are some truly dedicated gamers out there."

sangreal

I put my free code (they sent one to everyone who signed up for notification) in towards 12:40 on Monday, heh. Its me against 200 or so other people so far. Wish me luck.

Zep

Banned
sangreal said:
I put my free code (they sent one to everyone who signed up for notification) in towards 12:40 on Monday, heh. Its me against 200 or so other people so far. Wish me luck.

hmm...i didnt get mine yet. Hope i get it soon(yes i signed up for all their "offers").

Master

Banned
acidviper said:

The up to 16 weeks is for the other merchandise, not the 360. Read the Official Rules:

7. PRIZE DELIVERY DATE:
Xbox 360 prize will be delivered via overnight delivery (adult signature required) to the address (no P.O. Boxes allowed) registered to the Account used for sweepstakes entry to all winners for receipt on the Saturday prior to the retail release date the Xbox 360 system, currently anticipated to be at the end of 2005 calendar year. The retail release date is subject to change and revision at Microsoft's discretion. If the retail release date does not provide for adequate time to ship the Xbox 360 prize for receipt on the Saturday prior to the retail release date, Sponsor shall use commercially reasonable means to ship the Xbox 360 prize for a receipt date prior to the retail release date. All verified winners will be advised by Pepsi and/or Microsoft of any changes in the retail release date and prize delivery date. The Party In A Box portion of the sweepstakes prize will be shipped via regular mail within approximately 2-3 weeks of drawing date. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within the United States. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any postal mail or overnight deliveries returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for prize after it has been shipped.

You actually do get it before the stores do...

This is a bit like a promotion for Ipod Mini currently going on with Walkers (Lays) crisps in the UK - except that's every five minutes throughout September. Not surprising that there's the similarity, given they're all owned by Pepsi-Co.

sangreal

The notification e-mail lets you refer other people and they get a free code (the referrer gets a free code at the end of the contest or something -- up to 5). If you didn't sign up for the notification and want the free code PM me your email.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TheDrowningMan said:
This is a bit like a promotion for Ipod Mini currently going on with Walkers (Lays) crisps in the UK - except that's every five minutes throughout September. Not surprising that there's the similarity, given they're all owned by Pepsi-Co.

but the ipod one enters you into the next draw - every 5 minutes. So if you enter your code at 2pm , it gets entered to the 2.05 draw. So you can choose your slot carefully but you have to be awake. I have my codes all written down and I'm going to stay up one day in september and enter them very late at night. I think I have a good chance of winning.

This one sounds like you choose which draw to enter from teh beginning? Thats not as interesting, and you can enter 3am if you aren't awake at 3am.

mrklaw said:
but the ipod one enters you into the next draw - every 5 minutes. So if you enter your code at 2pm , it gets entered to the 2.05 draw. So you can choose your slot carefully but you have to be awake. I have my codes all written down and I'm going to stay up one day in september and enter them very late at night. I think I have a good chance of winning.

This one sounds like you choose which draw to enter from teh beginning? Thats not as interesting, and you can enter 3am if you aren't awake at 3am.

Ahh yes, didn't notice that difference in this competition.

Yusaku

Wow, they couldn't have made this more complicated. Basically it looks like you can stock up on codes, then pick which drawing(s) you want to use those codes on.

If you look at the rules you can get three free codes if you send a SASE for the Target pack.

hooo

boooy
For CAG's like me who don't drink soda and prefer to burn some cash with the USPS,

the giveaway FAQ said:
To receive one free Code without purchase send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be postmarked by 10/10/05 to be received by 10/15/05 to:

"Every 10 Minutes" Request
PO Box 3330
Young America, MN 55558-3330

Residents of VT may omit return postage.
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/promo/pepsi/xbox/xbox-47.html

The fact that codes are only good for one 10 minute drawing is a pretty devious way to reward and further entice those who drink a lot of pepsi. I wonder if the American Dental Association is also a sponser? =P

I drink a ton of Mountain Dew: Code Red, so I'm holding out hopes of winning one. It's too bad I can't literally enter a code for every 10 minute drawing :lol

sangreal

It doesn't seem like there is anything stopping you from making a bunch of emails and sending yourself free codes. I haven't experimented that much though

Go to the link below and finsh a refferal and have 8 friends do the same. Its alot easier then this thing IMO if you got 8 friends willing.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Aha! So they do have diet drinks in this contest!

Participating brands may include: Mountain Dew, Diet Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew Code Red, Mountain Dew Live Wire, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Caffeine Free Pepsi, Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, Sierra Mist and Sierra Mist Free. Not all brands or package sizes may be available or may participate in all areas throughout the promotion period.

Do you necessarily have to have 8 friends, or do just need 8 e-mail addresses?

You have to have 8 friends or family members willing to do a refferal (they need an email address and credit card). Some are free. So just get a bunch of family members and some friends to do it its really simple IMO. I got my psp for free using this website. Make sure you read the rules to and do not cheat.

Tarazet

Yeah, there's no way I'm buying 400%-markup sodas just to play this. I just read the official rules, and besides the 20-oz'es, you can also buy 12-packs at 7-11 or 24-packs at Target starting October 1st and October 2nd, and you get 2 codes. Or you can just send a self-addressed envelope to them and get three stickers...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Iamthegamer said:
Do you necessarily have to have 8 friends, or do just need 8 e-mail addresses?

It's the same as the free ipods thing, complete an offer yourself then get 8 other referrals to do the same.

It's the same as the free ipods thing, complete an offer yourself then get 8 other referrals to do the same.

Yea same thing

I mean its better to take some of your time and do this everyday then having to pay $399

Its the one for 399 with the hard drive and stuff.

It says 399 value and says premium eddition with hard drive, wirless controller, etc. by the picture.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Straightballin said:
Its the one for 399 with the hard drive and stuff.

It says 399 value and says premium eddition with hard drive, wirless controller, etc. by the picture.

i'll take your word for it, but i still can't find that anywhere on the website. of course, the fact that the site is chugging like crazy doesn't really help.

i'll take your word for it, but i still can't find that anywhere on the website. of course, the fact that the site is chugging like crazy doesn't really help.

Look right under the xbox 360 pic and tv pic. Its in green letters. Or you can put your mouse over the 360 pic and it says premium addition and whats included.

hooo

boooy
Straightballin said:
You have to have 8 friends or family members willing to do a refferal (they need an email address and credit card). Some are free. So just get a bunch of family members and some friends to do it its really simple IMO. I got my psp for free using this website. Make sure you read the rules to and do not cheat.
Talk about a scam. Thay may actually give away actual hardware, but that raises even more red flags. How are they making their money, and how can it be so much. I'm going to guess that every refferal that you get has to put in $20 or something like that. Sounds like a great way to scam your friends and family. :lol It'd prolly be cheaper just to ask them directly for the cash as that site would only be taking a cut of your own grifted assets.

I think that the codes are on the outside of the packages and in the rules you it says that the purchase of the soft drink doesn't increase your chances of wining. So I think you can just go to the store and right down oll the codes on the outside of the packages and use those.

Top Bottom